Counseling

Discuss therapy (group & individual), pet therapy, faith, spirituality, and so on here.
Suzie

Counseling

Post by Suzie »

Does anyone have advise on finding a counselor to help a couple deal with MS? :?:
kinch52

Post by kinch52 »

Hi Suzie-

I wanted to let you know that finding someone I could talk to was the most positive thing I did in 2003 (maybe the only positive thing!).

I found mine through the Employee Assistance Program where I used to work. My brother had just died & I had some work problems. I saw him a few times & liked him. Things worked out so I quit seeing him.

In 2003, I lost my job & then got my first major attack & then diagnosed with MS. I started back with him & I don't know how I would have made it otherwise. I see him every couple of weeks now.

So, I guess the long answer is, if you have a program at work, they can help (It's confidential), or call the local MS chapter or maybe a referral from your doctor. If you don't feel like you connect with the counselor-find another one! It's important that you're able to talk about whatever you need to get out.

Best of luck in your search....

Return to “Mental & Spiritual Health”