Schizophrenia?

Discuss therapy (group & individual), pet therapy, faith, spirituality, and so on here.
syckbastid
Family Member

Schizophrenia?

Post by syckbastid »

edit
Last edited by syckbastid on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

heya, i don't know about schizophrenia, but i really had some funky brain issues last summer. at the time i didn't know but i found out i was magnesium and zinc deficient. i corrected that and it went away. coincidence? maybe. but it's something you might try. also, b-complex, and omega three fatty acids. i'm a little preoccupied today otherwise i'd do a little googling for ya. remind me, if you want. another day i should be fine.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hey syck...
SO much is dependent on where your lesions are. My husband had a personality change in his 20s. He suddenly had issues with depression and anxiety. We think that's when the lesions started appearing, but it was 20 years later he was diagnosed with MS. He also has memory issues, and conversational brain farts. It's scary.

Worrying about mental illness is not going to help you...seeing your doc and talking about your feelings will. Maybe an antidepressant can help-even if this isn't depression. Provigil and effexor have really helped my husband stay focused. I'd also recommend diet changes, like jimmylegs suggests. Omega 3 (fish and flax oils) REALLY help the frontal lobe of the brain. Trans and saturated fats can really mess with your mind. My husband has benefitted from diet and meds.

And since you posted this in mental and SPIRITUAL health, I'll offer my 2 cents...keep connected in your spiritual life. Meditation and prayer really help, however you find ways to express that. Yoga helps me center and my husband prays and uses music to calm his soul and mind.
hang in there, and keep talking...
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
downtowner

Post by downtowner »

Hi,

I have MS and schizoaffective disorder. Not to worry you don't. Schizophrenia doesn't just go away with vitamines unless it's niacine and high doses of it. Don't worry about schizophrenia. Symptoms can last from one month to 6 months and they can go away with medication....
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Schizophrenia?

Post by jimmylegs »

one thing i do know about schizophrenic patients is that they are known to have absent niacin flush reaction (1960s era research) and it turned out to be due to fatty acid deficiency (1980s era research).

interesting, and if useful, great!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Bender
Family Elder

Re: Schizophrenia?

Post by Bender »

I find that my brain is constantly changing here and there and there have been a couple big shifts in my day to day insanity that I think have to do with what in my brain is inflamed at a given time.

Return to “Mental & Spiritual Health”