ivig and pinched nerve

A forum for discussing the unique concerns of senior members of the Multiple Sclerosis "Club."
odettesmom
Getting to Know You...

ivig and pinched nerve

Post by odettesmom »

started my second month w/intravenousimmunoglobulin drips. has seemed to help, especially w/cognitive. have at least 2 more months of drips.

new major trouble has appeared, which is setting me way back. have been favoring right leg because of ms numbness and heaviness. developed fullblown excruciating pain in left lower back & thigh plus feeling like left leg is numb or falling asleep.. so now have pinched nerve/herniated disc which is probably back to ms acting up. been falling down again... love going over backwards. using walker but neuro & ortho both want me to get a wheel chair.

ah, ms is so full of surprises!

linda
pinda
Family Member

Post by pinda »

Hi Linda from the other Linda :) Thought I should check the Golden Years site to see if any one was posting. Been awhile since I have looked. Sorry to hear you are not doing as well but hope better now. I've had some problems driving and wanted to see if any one else here has. My husband has had a bad sciatic nerve attack and could not drive at all for 10 weeks. Is now driving for short periods, for 2 or so weeks, so this has helped. I found if driving for more than 1 1/2 hours had some problems with my legs. My left leg started to move between the brake and gas without me telling it too. Seems to me it is something to do with my reflex problems. First time I have noticed happening so not sure if a new symptom. Was also a very hot day and traffic in the city. Now tell my husband I can only drive so much. Do not want to stop driving but will if this continues. See Neuro in Oct. and will ask about and if a test to check my reactions. Also have problems when people come up to me without seeing them. My knees buckle and I almost fall down. Think this is related to the same problem. Cars become the people. Not a good situation. If people touch me and I'm unaware also react. No control with this. Let me know if any of you have any problems like this. Thanks. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer. Linda
odettesmom
Getting to Know You...

driving

Post by odettesmom »

was told by general practitioner and neurologist not to drive. when had real bad flareup, was at an intersection near home, but felt lost, like i didn't know where i was or how i got there. still feel that way but rarely, if someone else is driving. got rid of car and rely on country transportation. very difficult at times, but just do with what i have. not fun at all. miss lots of things, but so it goes. most of the time between ms and pinched nerve really not up to doing much.

linda