One problem with the "Golden Years"

A forum for discussing the unique concerns of senior members of the Multiple Sclerosis "Club."
DrMom

One problem with the "Golden Years"

Post by DrMom »

If these are the "Golden Years", then I want a different color.
DrMom
pinda
Family Member

Post by pinda »

Hi Dr Mom. Read your intro post too. I agree this is not golden. I'm a possible MS after 7 years. Been a long 7 years. Saw my neuro today and he is not saying MS but does look like it is. Because I am 60 the lesions on the MRI could be from my age. Did have 2 new ones on the last one in Oct., been 3 years since last one, so wants another April 2009 to see if any more changes over a shorter time period. Other than that my symptoms are increasing slowly and I can pretty well do all I want with some modifications. Just be good to know what I'm dealing with. Being older does make it more difficult to diagnose what is going on. Don't be discouraged by this, just keep in mind it is hard to diagnose. I'm not on any meds and not interested because of the side effects. The neuro has said he would not give to me because of this too. If my symptoms were worse I may change my mind. I do yoga, work on our organic veg. farm, walk as much as my body lets me and swim when I can. Keep smiling and enjoy what life has to offer us. It goes by so fast we could easily miss it. Linda
robbie
Family Elder

Re: One problem with the

Post by robbie »

The biggest problem with the "Golden Years" is not having any.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
koneall
Family Elder

Re: One problem with the

Post by koneall »

What constitutes the 'golden years'? I'm 61 and was diagnosed with MS this June when I had an attack of vertigo. I also have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.