Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
Tracker
Family Member

Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)

Post by Tracker »

I was diagnosed with MS while in my early 20's, and am now 54.

Right from the beginning I had trouble with my arms fatigueing immediately if I held them above my head.
Also had outer fingers turning snow white or dark blue, and had to run hot water over them to remedy it.
My arms, particularly hands, would go to sleep/numb when I was in bed.

Both GP & Neuro said it was an MS thing, and nothing could be done. I have lived with this condition for decades.

However, I went to a chiro for super tense neck muscles, and on the second treatment he said, you've got a condition called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.

I was absolutely Amazed, as I had suspected this was the problem all along, but the doctors said No.

Just after a few sessions with the chiro, my arms no longer fatigue when I hold them above my, hands no longer go totally numb when lying down, and even better, my Balance is now 90% improved.

He asked me why I put up with this for so many years, and I told him it was because I was told it was an MS thing.....

I now see the chiro about once a month to maintain the treatment.
civickiller
Family Elder

Re: Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)

Post by civickiller »

how did he fix it?
Tracker
Family Member

Post by Tracker »

One of the first things I complained about was that when I stretched my arms up above my head, my toes would curl! This sounds so creepy, but the chiro said that the spinal column is wrapped in dura, and this had shrunk, so it needed to be stretched.
When lying on my back, the chiro pulled my head, from chin & back of head, to "stretch" me. This gave relief in the first session, and he has done this in every session. My toes/feet stay flat when I stretch upwards now.
Found many knotty lumps around neck, chest (above collarbone), arm pits, behind ears, and used a metal "punch" to soften them. The punch is a metal tool that he places the end of on the knot. He then presses it, and it activates a bolt to hit the knot, and soften the knot. He also manually "smoothed" the lumps/knots, & applied pressure to them.
He rotated my head in different positions. Also leaned my head diagonally away, and back to "open" the tender spot between just below collarbone.
He applied pressure deep in my arm pit on a certain spot for 15 seconds. This was very painful, but relieved a tense spot.
I was asked to moved my shoulders up and back in a circular motion, to stretch my head looking left and then right - both these things at home.
The areas in my neck, collarbone, shoulder were stretched, had tension knots released. The whole shoulder "opened" & relaxed.
The sessions were relatively short, but very effective.
I feel a Lot more relaxed, sleep better (no numb hands), and balance now so much improved.
Sunnee
Family Member

Post by Sunnee »

Tracker,

I dispute the whole diagnostic process of ms. Your case does not surprise me at all. it disgusts me, but does not surprise me.

I think misdiagnosis of a whole multitude of conditions is rampant to a shocking degree.

Sunnee
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

if you please tracker and damien visit http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... -1830.html and tell uprightdoc your history of any head or neck trauma. he is an expert

visit the chiropractic treatment forum and read alittle.

tracker, is it an upper cervical chiropractor?