herbals

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

Maximised turmeric curcuminoids 1000

Postby gibbledygook » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:18 am

The packaging on this pot of pills says "Strongest Dose Available". No kidding. This stuff is ****ing fantastic! I was in the midst of a relapse 4 days ago. Now my walking has improved dramatically. I take 3000mg per day. It's not all easy though. Last night my feet were in the worst pain ever known. Couldn't sleep for pain. This morning my walking was yet again better! Mustn't get too excited of course. Curcumin is highly active against Epstein Barr and has been used for millenia as an anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. Doh! Why didn't I think of this before.
I originally bought this product from I herb. It has sold out there as of this morning but I could get it from the company itself, which is called www.vibranthealth.us.com.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Maximised turmeric curcuminoids 1000

Postby CureOrBust » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:43 am

gibbledygook wrote:Curcumin is highly active against Epstein Barr and has been used for millenia as an anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
From this post and the one on your own thread, you seem targeted on the idea of its anti-viral actions. Personally i think its the anti-inflammatory effects that have worked so well for you. But who knows. Its great to hear you have found something that is working so well for you. You have had a bad run of late. I am now off to take a few extra of my curcumin tablets. Mine are about 350mg each, and i normally try to take 4 a day. When I was a little worse, I felt that taking a few extra a day reduced the tingling in my feet.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby gibbledygook » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:02 am

Hi cureo! Yes, it could well be just anti-inflammatory. I'm so pleased not to need my walking stick in the flat that I have been over-excited about its effect. I do have anti-EBV data somewhere....
<shortened url>
<shortened url>

as anti-inflammatory:
<shortened url>
<shortened url>
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Postby cheerleader » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:12 am

Hi Alex-
So glad curcumin is working! We enjoy a good, hot Indian curry at least once a week, and hubby takes 500mg. curcumin daily. He's found it stops his numbness and tingling, and it tastes good, too!

I'm cooking much spicier since the MS dx...lots of garlic, curcumin, tumeric...all good natural antivirals, anti-inflammatory, and tasty, too!

best.
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

2200 mg per day

Postby notasperfectasyou » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:44 am

Kim's taking about 2200 mg a day and it's a different brand. I don't think she's getting the same impact you are.

Can you elaborate on how you decided on this brand and do you think the brand matters?

I did a google on the Vibrant Health brand and there seems to be different bottles. One bottle says "Strongest Dose Avalible" while another just says "Maximized" . Do you thing these are the same thing?

What got you interested in taking this stuff to begin with? Ken
Last edited by notasperfectasyou on Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Postby gibbledygook » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:47 am

I must say there is definitely something afoot with this particular type of curcumin. When I was first diagnosed I took turmeric supplements and even ate the root freshly grated but never noticed any alteration. However I would say that this maximised stuff is definitely doing something. I even walked about 50 meters today!! I went down the stairs without to much difficulty behind some builders and then went to the post box without tripping and without cane. 5 days ago I wouldn't have even bothered attempting this. Mmm.
My pure reishi and licorice tablets arrived today but I will leave them for a week or so to see how I do on just this maximised curcuminoid stuff!
gibbledygook
Family Elder

thanks

Postby notasperfectasyou » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks. Did you look at the links to the ones I found? Are they like yours? Do you think they are different or just versions of the same thing you are taking? Have you taken both of them? Ken
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Postby schnittke » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:30 am

A heads-up in case anyone might be taking this Curcumin from NSI as I have been. Here is a statement from consumerlab.com:

"NSI® Nutraceutical® Sciences Institute Superior™ Turmeric Curcuma Longa contained the highest amount of lead that ConsumerLab.com has ever found in a dietary supplement — 18.70 mcg of lead in its suggested daily serving of two capsules."

The curcumin that was tested dosen't appear to be on vitacost website anymore but the one that I have been taking is still there and I would expect that curcumin source to be the same. I decided to try the NOW
brand as it has 700mg per tab and was approved by the consumerlab test as were many others. Looks like I have been doing a great job at increasing my lead intake. 8O
schnittke
Family Member

Postby gwa » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:43 am

schnittke,

Better tell the technician if you have to go through an MRI soon. You might end up stuck to the thing.

gwa :) :)
gwa
Family Elder

Postby RedSonja » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:19 am

Turmeric is the stuff that makes curry yellow, isn't it? Doesn't it make you go yellow too?

(Sorry, but everyone has a right to a vice and mine is curiosity.)
Bibo ergo sum
RedSonja
Family Elder

Postby schnittke » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:33 am

Yes gwa, that would definitely make for an interesting mri experience!

I have been taking it for a year or so and have yet to yellow.
schnittke
Family Member

Postby CureOrBust » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:35 am

lead is non magnetic so your safe in that regard (ie MRI). too bad its toxic.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby gibbledygook » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:45 am

Just to revert to notasperfectasyou's question about which pot to go for, I would say the one which says "Maximised turmeric curcuminoids 1000 strongest dose available"! There is one pot which has 95 written on it but I like the high numbers!
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Postby gibbledygook » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:30 am

Hi Schnittke!
I think that product looks fine. I bought some from I herb which also is 500mg per serving.
I am only taking the recommended dose so far as determining effectiveness is probably best done with cautious administration! I learnt the bad way by experiencing a relapse after taking too much superoxide dismutase. Once I'm over the steroid recovery and am experiencing mainly curcuminoid relief from the maximised turmeric I'll start increasing the reishi dose. That will be a few weeks away.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Postby CureOrBust » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:00 pm

my supplements are 350mg at 95% "purity" (=350 x 0.95 providing 333mg Curcuminoids). So i would guess the "1000" is referring to the amount and the "95" referring to the curcuminoids concentration.

95% appears pretty common, however, personally, I'd have "whatever she's having".
CureOrBust
Family Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Natural Approach