Zeolite

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Zeolite

Post by NHE »

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with metal detoxification using a zeolite product such as ACZ nano? I had a family member that recently visited a naturopath and was given a DMSA challenge test which came back high for lead. The naturopath is recommending a detox protocol using this zeolite. However, the final cost of the zeolite, follow-up visits and retesting is likely to be around $1400. I have read much on DMSA challenge tests over the past few days and currently have more questions than answers. Some published journal articles indicate that they are not useful in diagnosing past metal exposure (1,2). Any help would be appreciated as my family member is on a limited income and does not need the burden of an expensive procedure if it's unnecessary. In addition, how safe is it to use a zeolite to chelate metals? Could this lead to a redistribution of the metals within the body potentially leading to greater toxic effects?

Thanks, NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Zeolite

Post by NHE »

NHE wrote:I have read much on DMSA challenge tests over the past few days and currently have more questions than answers. Some published journal articles indicate that they are not useful in diagnosing past metal exposure (1,2).
It appears that the papers are referring to the validity (or lack thereof) of a DMSA challenge test to assess mercury exposure. As stated in the first reference,
Another metal that might be assessed in this way is mercury. DMSA mobilizes mercury effectively in both animals (20-25) and in humans (8,17,26-31). However, unlike lead, mercury undergoes relatively little bioaccumulation. It is excreted with a half-life of 1-2 months (17,32-35).
I am still trying to assess what the DMSA challenge test results might mean in relation to lead.

In addition, at least one paper states that some nanozeolites can damage the cell membrane and induce necrotic cell death in vitro.

There are still more questions than answers... Image

NHE
want2bike
Family Elder

Re: Zeolite

Post by want2bike »

I used Zeolite in my detoxification program. Here is a site which sells it.

http://bestzeolite.com/

Return to “Natural Approach”