Nutrients influence epigenetics

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Nutrients influence epigenetics

Post by jimmylegs »

Take any nutrient known to be trouble in ms, or any nutrient whatever, google it along with the terms 'genetic expression', and you can read up on the science that's been accumulated on how food affects genes. super interesting. for example i just did some research along these lines for someone concerned re risk of huntington's. came up with interesting connections between the copper-zinc ratio and the TP53 gene -> p53 tumor suppressor protein which regulates the levels of huntingtin gene expression. fascinating.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Nutrients influence epigenetics

Post by jimmylegs »

get yourself some oysters and brazil nuts... mmm selenium + zinc = glutathione boost

i wish i liked either of those foods :S
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Nutrients influence epigenetics

Post by jimmylegs »

if this topic has the flavour of a non sequitur, that is because the original context has been removed due to advertising concerns.