I had my first MS incident/sympton/relapse on the 19 May 2013 (drop right foot and weak right arm during approx 10 days). MRIs showed a few old/inactive lesions in the brain, and one active lesión on the cervical spine. Lumbar puncutre also confirmed elevated bands inline with MS.
Right now I have no strong or very evident symptoms, and im in Clinically Isolated Syndrome of MS, nevertheless in my mind I already have definate MS.
Sincé June I have made important dietary changes - no processed foods, no wheat, no milk, no/minimal sugar, no/minimal coffee, very little saturated fat (swank), a lot more veggies (Wahls), no red meat, more fish than meat. I also take flaxseed oil in my food daily and ground flax seed, as well as Turmeric..
Additionally I am also taking the following supplements, all are based on reserch of information/recommendation for MS and all taken with foods:
- Vitamin C 1000mg x 2 (morning and evening)
- Vitamin D3 1000iu x 4 (2 morning, 2 afternoon), morning dose taken with tbsp of coconut oil
- B12 100ug cyancobalamin x 1 (morning)
- Omega 3 1000mg (epa 180mg, dha 120mg) x 12 (4 morning, 4 afternoon, 4 evening). Started on 6 initially.
- Evening Primrose Oil (Aceite de Onagra 500mg x 9 (3 morning, 3 afternoon, 3 evening)
- Folic Acid 400ug x 1 (morning)
- Kelp iodine 150ug x 1 (evening)
- Coenzyme Q10 30mg x 3 (morning, afternoon, evening)
Since end of Septembre Ive added:
- Selenium (50mg) x 1 (morning)
- Gingo Biloba (60mg) x 2 (morning and evening)
- Vitamin E 400iu + Selenium 50ug
And just today I have added:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 600mg x 1 (evening)
- Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg x 1 (evening)
- Calcium Orotate 85mg x 1 (evening)
- 2-AEP Calcium 500mg x 1 (evening)
Pending to receive and add:
- Organic Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen, Propolis, (I expect to take 1 a day)
- Vitamin B Complex Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, D-Biotin & Folic Acid (I was taking a B complex up until a month or so ago, but then stopped).
And for those that want info on my blood vitals, amongst other things my blood work shows:
- Iron (90ugr/dl)
- Vit B.12 (cyancobalamin) 834 pgr/ml
- Vit B6 (45.2 nmol/L)
- FOlic Acid 8.84 ngr/ml
- Calcium 9.9 mg/dl
- MAgnesium 1.98 mmol/L
- Vit D (25 OH) 28.80 ng/ml
- Zinc 84.5 ugr/dl
So...what do you all think about the long list of vitamins? Anything I should discard or include for obvious reasons? There is so much information on supplements and MS that its hard to know where to stop, but id appreciate the very thoughtful and sound advice I've always seen on these boards.
Personally, I also think that I need to up my Vitamin D and Zinc. Im not sure about the B12 as no doctor will listen to the idea of B12 injections, and I'm not too sure my levels warrant them.
Thanks in advance ,