Adventures with magnesium

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
THX1138
Family Elder

Re: Adventures with magnesium

Post by THX1138 »

Yes indeed, a very important and valuable article.
The range of pathologies associated with Mg deficiency is staggering: hypertension (cardiovascular disease, kidney and liver damage, etc.), peroxynitrite damage (migraine, multiple sclerosis...
:-O What, Multiple Sclerosis is associated with magnesium deficiency. :-O

I'm sure their are drugs approved for the treatment of many of the conditions associated with magnesium deficiency though. Of course, there are drugs to treat many of the side effects caused by the other drugs... and so on.

Thanks,
THX1138
Last edited by THX1138 on Thu May 22, 2014 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

it was more the B1/thiamin aspect I was keying in on this time tho
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Thanks. I know. I just had to vent. :-D

THX1138
Last edited by THX1138 on Thu May 22, 2014 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

:)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Recipe for Magnesium/Bicarbonate Water
This is a form of magnesium that is highly absorbable.

This recipe allows one to easily make the water, instead of paying high prices for bottled mineral water.
http://www.afibbers.org/Wallerwater.pdf
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Recently I received a magnesium sulfate IV.
Right before the IV, my balance was very poor and I moved very slowly (this is normal for me). Falling was very likely. In fact, I had already fallen backward just standing by the car.

Right after the IV, my balance was hugely improved and I was fairly steady on my feet. My walking speed had probably tripled. It was actually somewhat enjoyable to walk instead of just frustrating and scary.

This is similar to the walking improvement I've experienced many times during a strong niacin flush, but unlike the niacin flush walking improvement, it lasted a few hours or so.

When I've tried to get doctors to help me walk better, I couldn't help but to think that I was not getting through to them regarding the significance of the improvements. Sooo...I've started filming my walking before and during the niacin flush. And now, before and after the Magnesium IV. I have witnesses too.

Doctors typically won't give magnesium because their standard Mg test (serum Mg) will almost always come back "normal", even if the body stores are low in Mg.
The underestimated problem of using serum magnesium measurements to exclude magnesium deficiency in adults; a health warning is needed for "normal" results.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20170394
Last edited by THX1138 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

What do you guys think :?:
THX1138 wrote:Recently I received a magnesium sulfate IV.
Right before the IV, my balance was very poor and I moved very slowly (this is normal for me). Falling was very likely. In fact, I had already fallen backward just standing by the car.

Right after the IV, my balance was hugely improved and I was fairly steady on my feet. My walking speed had probably tripled. It was actually somewhat enjoyable to walk instead of just frustrating and scary.

This is similar to the walking improvement I've experienced many times during a strong niacin flush, but unlike the niacin flush walking improvement, it lasted a few hours.

When I've tried to get doctors to help me walk better, I couldn't help but to think that I was not getting through to them regarding the significance of the improvements. Sooo...I've started filming my walking before and during the niacin flush. And now, before and after the Magnesium IV. I have witnesses too.

Doctors typically won't give magnesium because their standard Mg test (serum Mg) will almost always come back "normal", even if the body stores are low in Mg.
The underestimated problem of using serum magnesium measurements to exclude magnesium deficiency in adults; a health warning is needed for "normal" results.
I have my ideas about how the Mg IV transformed my walking.

Last edited by THX1138 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Recently I received a magnesium sulfate IV with 3.5 grams of Mg sulfate.

This is similar to the walking improvement I've experienced many times during a strong niacin flush, but unlike the niacin flush walking improvement, it lasted a for hours.

When I've tried to get doctors to help me walk better, I couldn't help but think that I was not getting through to them regarding just how large the improvements which I experience from niacin flushes and also from strong Mg treatments. Sooo...I've started filming my walking before and during the niacin flush. And now, before and after the Magnesium IV. I have witnesses too.

But,

THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Maybe the following was not able to be figured out because I forgot to add some important info.

That info is that the IV also contained 5 grams of vitamin C and Lactated Ringers.

Later on I had a few Mg IV's with the same (I will question the Dr office to make sure) amount of Mg , but no Vitamin C and NO Lactated Ringers. These IV's did not help much at all.

This is similar to the walking improvement I've experienced many times during a strong niacin flush, but unlike the niacin flush walking improvement, it lasted a for hours.

When I've tried to get doctors to help me walk better, I couldn't help but think that I was not getting through to them regarding just how large the improvements which I experience from niacin flushes and also from strong Mg treatments. Sooo...I've started filming my walking before and during the niacin flush. And now, before and after the Magnesium IV. I have witnesses too.

Quote:

But,

THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

THX1138 wrote:Maybe the following was not able to be figured out because I forgot to add some important info.

That info is that the IV also contained 5 grams of vitamin C and Lactated Ringers.

Later on I had a few Mg IV's with the same (I will question the Dr office to make sure) amount of Mg , but no Vitamin C and NO Lactated Ringers. These IV's did not help much at all.

Quote:

But,

Does anyone have any input on my experience ??
Maybe Jimmy Legs knows something ??
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

THX1138 wrote:Recently I received a magnesium sulfate IV.
Why were you given an IV? Were you dehydrated? Were you acidotic? Were the lactated ringers just a vehicle for the MgSO4? What were the reasons the docs gave you the Mg? Note, MgSO4 is Epsom Salt. If taken orally it makes for an effective laxative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringer%27 ... e_solution
Ringer's lactate solution is very often used for fluid resuscitation after a blood loss due to trauma, surgery, or a burn injury.[citation needed] Ringer's lactate solution is used because the by-products of lactate metabolism in the liver counteract acidosis, which is a chemical imbalance that occurs with acute fluid loss or kidney failure.
In a large-volume resuscitation over several hours, LRS maintains a more stable blood pH than normal saline.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Sorry I took so long to respond. I haven't been at the site for a while and did not notice your reply.

The lactated ringers were part of the magnesium IV.

Regarding just how long the Magnesium IV greatly improve my walking, I don't quite remember real well. But I think it was a number of hours.

Thanks