Anyone tried BrainSustain?

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
Mocamo

Anyone tried BrainSustain?

Post by Mocamo »

Wondering if anyone has tried Xymogen NeuroActives BrainSustain? I recently decided to go to a nutritionist to work with me about some of my theories of my MS being a biochemical process gone wrong. My approach is to try and deal with each of my theories (infection, BBB, Lipids, hormonal etc) and rule them each out as a cause so that in the end I am normal again. 8O

I won't take meds especially because my friend's sister who had arthritis and has been on immunosuppressants for like 15-20 years got tongue cancer - had 1/2 tongue removed THEN recently got a jaw infection from the radiation to treat the cancer caused from the RA drugs! I prefer an approach that at least supports my body instead of harming it anymore than I already have!

Anyway - below is an excerpt from the website. I did not see any reviews or any mention of MS people trying it. Anyone?

"BrainSustain™, developed by David Perlmutter, MD, FACN, board-certified neurologist and internationally recognized leader in nutritional neurology, represents more than 30 years of neuroscience research. As a key component of a complete program to support optimal brain function, BrainSustain improves mitochondrial energy production and provides generous antioxidant support to combat the damaging effects of free radicals in the brain.*"

Thanks!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Anyone tried BrainSustain?

Post by ElliotB »

I came to a similar conclusion as you, and my research led to to believe that good fats like Omega 3 and EFA (essential fatty acids) are needed in the diet. I take supplements and eat certain wild caught fish (such as salmon, tuna and sardines) and fatty grass fed meats. I know nothing about the supplement you are asking about but I did look at the ingredients list and it has some that I will not consume, including but not limited to sugar and stevia.

I don't know if this video is from the same Dr. David Perlmutter you reference with BrainSustain:

http://www.drperlmutter.com/dietary-fat-brain/

You may find this of interest:

http://greatist.com/eat/healthy-fats-be ... ain-health

There are many article like this one, do a search "is fat good for the brain".

Return to “Natural Approach”