How Much B12 to Take???

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, bee stings, etc. here

How Much B12 to Take???

Postby notasperfectasyou » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:34 pm

How much B12 do you take? can anyone provide info about how much folks with MS should take? There are plenty of articles that suggest that B12 is good to take, but how much? dosage? napay

followup, now I'm seeing that there are different kinds, Methylcohalam and Cyanocobalamin. The Methylcohalam is supposed to be better, but where can you buy it? Also, does B12 not work if taken orally?
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Advertisement

the b thing

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:23 pm

napay i know we've already discussed but for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread, ms patients are typically low in b12, b12 is absorbed best when taken with calcium and the rest of the b complex, the b-complex can be low if your b12 is low, b12 and b6 together combat depression, you can absorb b12 orally, particularly sublingually where it goes directly to the bloodstream bypassing the digestive tract, methylcobalamin is more biologically active than cyanocobalamin, and b12 only did so much for me but i noticed big improvements in an hour one evening when i megadosed b1, b2, b3, b5, and b6 along with my regular b-complex and b12. i take 1000 mcg per day. my dosages for b12 and the rest of the complex are derived from the 1970s klenner protocol for ms.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

rightio!

Postby notasperfectasyou » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Not that I'm trying to get the last word, but I want to make sure that it's clear that the kind of B12 you swallow is not the kind that is being discussed as useful. The kind of B12 that one would want to use is one that is made to disolve under your tongue. The B12 that is in your multi-vit doesn't count. napay
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Return to Natural Approach