ATTENTION: Jimmylegs-Netherlands daughter

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
Chris55
Family Elder

ATTENTION: Jimmylegs-Netherlands daughter

Post by Chris55 »

Well Jimmylegs--my daughter called and read me her blood test results. Her bilirubin results??? Unable to assay. Interfering substance present. Samply grossly lipemic. (Am sure you know this is fat, plain and simple.)

This was for both the total and direct tests. And of course we know what the bilirubin tests---THE LIVER!! Damn! If they can't even get a reading how in the hell do they know her liver is doing fine!!!

This just sounds so incompetent to me. It sounds like they are "complying" with the FDA "reminder" to regularly test the liver by simply going through the motions.

My daughter is really P _ _ _ E D! She is calling tomorrow to get the results of her most recent blood test. Apparently they never even told her to fast before the test.

What exactly is up with these jerks?

She continues to experience dramatic improvements! Still "holding my breath"!

(To all: Please forgive my rather forceful words--I just get so frustrated sometimes with the "experts"! I know she is just another patient to them but she is my daughter and I adore her with every ounce of my being!)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

hi chris

Post by jimmylegs »

man that sounds frustrating! so the interfering substance was fat! hmm just looked up fatty liver coz i thought of the fat metabolism problem that is supposed to be implicated in ms... looks like fatty liver can be caused by a few things including protein malnutrition. that might explain why the klenner protocol calls for high protein intake.

yea it always weirds me out when ppl don't know what's going on!

anyway. gotta keep on with the schoolwork for the day. glad your daughter continues to improve!

ttfn :)
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Fatty liver

Post by lyndacarol »

I believe visceral fat (in and around liver) in part of Syndrome X, which is also known as prediabetes. This involves insulin resistance, in which the pancreas pumps out more insulin in an effort to make those little cells take in the glucose!

It still seems to me that everything always comes back to insulin.
Chris55
Family Elder

Post by Chris55 »

Actually, don't know what the "interfering substance" was. That and the grossly lipemic appear to be two different readings.

It is just discouraging that the one item that is supposed to be tested while on Avonex is the liver and this was the very reading that could not be assayed!

She did get her most recent blood test results yesterday. She was offo of Avonex for this one and got the bilirubin readings just fine!

Anyway--will keep everyone posted. Oh--one "biggie"--she has lost 20 pounds! First weight she has been able to lose since her first steriod treatment 3 years ago (gained 80 pounds). AND she is using her treadmill everyday! Hooray!!!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

ya i guess a bunch of things could be interfering eh. well that's great that she is getting some of that weight off again!

Return to “Natural Approach”