Thankyou for welcoming me to this site. I feel knowing this information for people who suffer from MS is vitally important. I will answer your questions in the order that you have written.
1. I am curious how long these people have taken the glyconutrients. Most everyone who does have a negative response are only committing a very short time to the product and not giving your body the time to respond. We all want a quick fix today. This is not a quick fix supplement. It took your body a long time to get into the state it is in, it is going to take a while to get it out!!
2. I have spoken to several people who have MS, Cancer, ADHD, Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Fibromyalgia, and the list goes on who have benefited tremendously from these products WHEN taken for at least 6 months. Your right about the legal exposure. Your going up against the FDA. When you have a product like, Ambrotose helping people with all sorts of diseases, without the side effects of a drug, yes, you will have legal exposure. Ah, yes, the products are expensive, but if your insurance didn't cover the drugs that are prescribed to you, they would be expensive as well and they are not getting to the root of the problem.
3. Glconutrients ARE NOT drugs. They do not go through a "LD50" rating....where 50% of mice die when given the supplement. It is not toxic, therefore, a double blinded study will NEVER be done, it's NOT a drug!! These nutrients are listed in the Harpers BioChemistry book located in every doctors office worldwide. You will find in the 56th chapter dedicated to information on Glyconutrients and their powerful effects on the human body. Yes, we have thousands of medical researchers out there, but the money is in the Big Pharma.....Glyconutrients will be cutting into their revenue.....that is why you do not hear doctors talking about these wonderful nutrients. They are bombarded with Pharmaceutical Reps and information on a daily basis. All doctors have an average of one hour of nutrition counciling during their college education. They do not want to be bothered!!
You may feel this is corporate marketing hype, but I cannot back that up!
Acta Anatomica can help you answer your concerns, MIT is doing much research on the technology and science behind glycobiology and say "it is the next frontier of medicine".
I stand behind the products, not because I like the company, but because they work for me and for many others I know. There are thousands of MedLine documents supporting the science and technology of Glyconutrients. Maybe doing a little research of your own, like I did, will change your mind like it did mine. Don't judge a book by its cover!!
notasperfectasyou wrote:First, Welcome to the site!
We here at TiMS love information and debate. This is a good topic because we've had quite a bit of talk about the magic of the sugar pill for a while now. Here's what I'd ask of you:
1) Read the existing posts about this product. I'm glad you feel that it is helping you, but it has not helped others and telling folks to take more of it for long periods is not a scientific response.
2) The site you reference is only one and it happens to be owned and operated by the folks who make Ambrotose! So it's really not independent and the claims it makes are made there because if Mannatech made them directly, they would open themselves up to significant legal exposure. humm.....
3) So where is the independent research, like from medical journals? Tested, double-blind studies on this glyco stuff? If it's that good someone must have done some work on it. Think about it, we got thousands of medical researchers out there and they all know that if they find the magic elixir, they will be famous and rich. Honestly, there is more real info on ascorbic acid than this stuff.
I'm glad you're here and I'm glad this stuff makes you feel better, but lets nail down the independent science and not be listening to corporate marketing hype. napay