Inclined Bed test

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Respiratory infection makes sense and fits with I.T.

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

Ok, got the gist of the antibiotic therapy now. Respiratory infection would inhibit our ability to exhale fluids from the lungs into the surrounding atmosphere. Logical.

Antibiotics would remove the infection again common sense. But could having a reduced lung surface to air interface caused by a build up of mucus alter the way the nervous system operates? Well according to the density change theory this makes perfect sense, especially when the infection spreads or originates in the sinus cavities. and given that Inclined Therapy is advised by doctors for people with decreasing respiratory function, tilting the bed should make more sense to you than anyone else.

While most of the discussion has been dealing with the circulation in the veins and arteries, let us consider what is driving the cerebrospinal fluid for a moment. We know it is not the heart, we know also from the literature it is related to respiration and posture! So what is the driving force that causes the circulation in the nervous system?

If posture and respiration is important, ad it clearly is according to the literature, then why would sleeping flat assist circulation that depends both on respiration and posture?

Andrew

Anecdote wrote:Yes, I suggest you take a look at the Antibiotics forum. Also trymy husband's website:
http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Actually it's about bacteria in your brain that has escaped your lungs via monocytes. There is a very potential tie into the vascular concerns - atherosclerosis for example. Google "atherosclerosis chlamydia pnuemoniae" for fun and see if there are any hits.
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

As Ken thought but politely refrained from saying, you haven't quite got the gist yet.

I didn't have a lung or sinus infection but twenty year old multiple sclerosis: no trouble with respiration or posture. I also dislike being talked to as though I am still in prep school.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
AndrewKFletcher
Family Elder

Post by AndrewKFletcher »

show me where I have caused you concern re prep school comment please?
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Andrew, you cause me no concern, you just sound like a teacher who thinks he must know best and only ever gives his own evidence:
Ok, got the gist of the antibiotic therapy now. Respiratory infection would inhibit our ability to exhale fluids from the lungs into the surrounding atmosphere. Logical.

Antibiotics would remove the infection again common sense. But could having a reduced lung surface to air interface caused by a build up of mucus alter the way the nervous system operates? Well according to the density change theory this makes perfect sense, especially when the infection spreads or originates in the sinus cavities. and given that Inclined Therapy is advised by doctors for people with decreasing respiratory function, tilting the bed should make more sense to you than anyone else.

While most of the discussion has been dealing with the circulation in the veins and arteries, let us consider what is driving the cerebrospinal fluid for a moment. We know it is not the heart, we know also from the literature it is related to respiration and posture! So what is the driving force that causes the circulation in the nervous system?

If posture and respiration is important, ad it clearly is according to the literature, then why would sleeping flat assist circulation that depends both on respiration and posture?

Andrew
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
jenf
Family Elder

Post by jenf »

Interesting stuff on this thread.... I've been active on the CCSVI forum as well, and that's where I first learned of the Inclined Bed Therapy. Whereas I did "feel" more refreshed upon waking in the morning, my feet ended up going numb after about a week. I made the decision to stick little while longer, and ended up experiencing such a sharp pain that I had difficulties walking first thing in the morning. I decided to stop based on that. Needless to say, at this point it's safe to say it may have been coincidental, but this sure feels like disease activity. I wonder if it has to do with what vein is affected; my guess is yes... In any event, my bed is flat, my feet are numb, and my fingers are crossed!! Come on (CCSVI) research!!
Jen

RRMS - dx 06/09
LDN - 4.5mg 06/09-present
Copaxone - 06/10-09/10
Avonex - 06/12-06/12

Late Stage Lyme - 12/10
Too many meds to list!!

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday..