It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:26 am

News News of Avonex

Site map of Avonex » Forum : Avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex

Sorry for the newbie question -- Why Avonex?

Hi, my name is Sarah and I am here to ask a slightly more detailed version of the ultimate newbie question... "why Avonex?"

I have spent a lot of time reading the wonderfully helpful boards here and I have what I think is a slightly more specific spin on this quesion -- I am most interested to hear people's thoughts on the potential for serious side effects relating to liver and other organ function.

After ...
Read more : Sorry for the newbie question -- Why Avonex? | Views : 2980 | Replies : 2

who has experienced hair loss with Avonex?

Hi everyone
I complained about my hair loss on "daily life" already but I just wanted to know who else out there on Avonex has lost thier hair??? Did you have to switch drugs? Did it stop after a while? How much of your hair did you lose?
Read more : who has experienced hair loss with Avonex? | Views : 3379 | Replies : 4

more depressed during 48 hours after injection?

Don't know if it has anything to do with losing my job a month ago (and knowing about the possibility for about 6 months) but looking back it seems that for at least the past 2 months I am getting really depressed for about 2 days after the injection. Has anybody else experienced this? I am not taking any antidepressant medication. (Should I be?)
Read more : more depressed during 48 hours after injection? | Views : 2866 | Replies : 5

20% Smaller Needle

AVONEX(R), The Most Prescribed Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Worldwide, May Now Be Given with Smaller Needle

Tuesday June 20, 9:32 am ET
Additional Supplemental Application for Convenient Needle Locking System and Change In Room Temperature Storage Filed with FDA

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 20, 2006--AVONEX® (Interferon beta 1a), the most prescribed multiple sclerosis (MS) therapy worldwide may now be administered with a needle that is 20 percent shorter and thinner than the currently approved needle. People living ...
Read more : 20% Smaller Needle | Views : 5440 | Replies : 5

pre filled and self mix! I never knew this!

:idea: I dont know how many people may know this but I spoke with someone from biogen idec and they told me that the side effects of u mix and pre filled, may be less when you use the u mix because of the preservatives in the pre filled. the woman i care for switched back and is doing well, on the pre filled the side effects ...
Read more : pre filled and self mix! I never knew this! | Views : 2805 | Replies : 5

1/2 shot?

My doctor asked me to use 1/2 the dose of Avonex because I called him and let him know that I had experienced ALL the side effects ever imagined and Im a diabtic T1 as well. My blood sugar did rise a lil bit, but that was the least of it. My side effects worried me more.

Has anyone ever tried this 1/2 shot?
Read more : 1/2 shot? | Views : 4424 | Replies : 11

No makjor side effects - does that change the outcome?

Hi

This might sound like a strange question but apat from the first night of really bad shivers and fever, I've had no side effects to speak of and I'm getting a bit concerned that, thats not necessarily a good thing!

Now, 3 weeks into Avonex, I hit a relapse, which Im sure was hanging around in the background anyway. Im starting steroids ltoday (when hubby gets back from the chemist!!).

When I spoke to ...
Read more : No makjor side effects - does that change the outcome? | Views : 2299 | Replies : 2

Fatigue?

Hi

I posted previously about weird side effects with Avonex.

Now, my GP seems to think I may have labrythinitis and a viral infection (both not treatable) - all based on what I told her, no actual exmainastion! Apparently I just have to wait it out and let it run its course.

Anyway, I decided to keep on with the injections.

Went to see the physio during the week as I felt was though my ...
Read more : Fatigue? | Views : 4407 | Replies : 5

Happy birthday

I'm not on Avonex, but it's good to see that Biogen are celebrating its tenth anniversary.

Ian

AVONEX(R), the Most Prescribed Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Worldwide, Celebrates 10th Anniversary

May 19th - Biogen Idec today marks the 10th anniversary of AVONEX(R) (Interferon beta-1a), the most prescribed multiple sclerosis (MS) therapy worldwide, as the company's CEO James Mullen, rings the NASDAQ Stock Market Opening Bell. AVONEX, manufactured by Biogen Idec, was approved for relapsing forms of ...
Read more : Happy birthday | Views : 2150 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216301 • Total topics 22103 • Total members 13900