It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 am

News News of Avonex

Site map of Avonex » Forum : Avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex

Curious about date of posts...

I'm wondering if there is a reason that the posts for Avonex seem to be quite old compared to some of the other drugs? I am also curious if people here check in every day, every week, every month... or what the normal "posting time" is. Hope you are all well!!
Read more : Curious about date of posts... | Views : 2375 | Replies : 1

arrggh HELP!

So, a little background. I am a 27 yr old Male who started taking Avonex last year, I had one very severe attack in August 05 after critical lung surgery (do not smoke people, haha) where i was left without use to the left side of my body. But since then I have been a picture of health. For certain people's comfort of mind, since I got diagnosed I have met the most beautiful woman ...
Read more : arrggh HELP! | Views : 2493 | Replies : 2

Get Off Avonex Due To Muscle Cramping

Everyone I've been on avonex for 4.5 years and have been having for the last year extreme muscle cramps that are making it hard for me to function on a daily basis. i've been thinking lately that Avonex is not being beneficial to me anymore. I've been contemplating whether or not to stop taking Avonex. the true question is though is stoping Avonex going to help me day to day or going to hurt me ...
Read more : Get Off Avonex Due To Muscle Cramping | Views : 3065 | Replies : 6

Avonex and heart issues

Hi--I'm new here, this is my first post. I have been on Avonex for a little over two years. Recently, I started experiencing heart palpitations and twinges of chest pain around my sternum. I made an appt. to see my PCP and start getting a work-up for my heart--also to ask if I'm having anxiety attacks or something.

However, I called my neuro today since I was curious about the cardiac warning on Avonex. She ...
Read more : Avonex and heart issues | Views : 4952 | Replies : 7

My experience with Avonex

I was one of the first patients to try Avonex after a single episode. I took part in the CHAMPS trial roughly nine years ago and I was on Avonex until July of this year.

There were definite benefits to taking the shot once a week. I mastered doing it right in my thigh, alternating thighs from one week to the other. I hated the side effects. I still remember feeling like crap for two ...
Read more : My experience with Avonex | Views : 7028 | Replies : 18

Sorry for the newbie question -- Why Avonex?

Hi, my name is Sarah and I am here to ask a slightly more detailed version of the ultimate newbie question... "why Avonex?"

I have spent a lot of time reading the wonderfully helpful boards here and I have what I think is a slightly more specific spin on this quesion -- I am most interested to hear people's thoughts on the potential for serious side effects relating to liver and other organ function.

After ...
Read more : Sorry for the newbie question -- Why Avonex? | Views : 3031 | Replies : 2

who has experienced hair loss with Avonex?

Hi everyone
I complained about my hair loss on "daily life" already but I just wanted to know who else out there on Avonex has lost thier hair??? Did you have to switch drugs? Did it stop after a while? How much of your hair did you lose?
Read more : who has experienced hair loss with Avonex? | Views : 3434 | Replies : 4

more depressed during 48 hours after injection?

Don't know if it has anything to do with losing my job a month ago (and knowing about the possibility for about 6 months) but looking back it seems that for at least the past 2 months I am getting really depressed for about 2 days after the injection. Has anybody else experienced this? I am not taking any antidepressant medication. (Should I be?)
Read more : more depressed during 48 hours after injection? | Views : 2936 | Replies : 5

20% Smaller Needle

AVONEX(R), The Most Prescribed Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Worldwide, May Now Be Given with Smaller Needle

Tuesday June 20, 9:32 am ET
Additional Supplemental Application for Convenient Needle Locking System and Change In Room Temperature Storage Filed with FDA

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 20, 2006--AVONEX® (Interferon beta 1a), the most prescribed multiple sclerosis (MS) therapy worldwide may now be administered with a needle that is 20 percent shorter and thinner than the currently approved needle. People living ...
Read more : 20% Smaller Needle | Views : 5522 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222242 • Total topics 23083 • Total members 14610

Contact us | Terms of Service