It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:59 pm

News News of Avonex

Site map of Avonex » Forum : Avonex

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Avonex

Has anyone had this happen?

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice if possible.

I started Avonex 3 weeks ago. The fist 2 weeks were fine - no major side effects.

After the third one on Firday, I woke up Saturday morning unable to walk. Every time I went to put weight on my legs to walk to the bathroom, I felt as though I had no power in them. I also had a blinding headache above one eye.

Now, ...
Read more : Has anyone had this happen? | Views : 3673 | Replies : 10

First injection over!!

Well, started the Avonex last night and I have to say the injection wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. It didn't hurt at all and was over in a second.

The side effects kicked in about 4 hours later while in bed (had been trying to get to sleep quick in order to miss them but it never happens when you want it to!). Started feeling a little bit achy, then shivery, then absolutely ...
Read more : First injection over!! | Views : 2656 | Replies : 4

avonex + intrathecal Methotrexate

Is anyone else getting intracath Methotrexate? I am going for my second infusion of this med next week. I have not noticed any beneficial effects yet. Is anyone else getting an immunosuppressant injected directly into their spine? I could not find any research supporting my neurologist’s STRONG recommendation to be on this med.
Read more : avonex + intrathecal Methotrexate | Views : 3359 | Replies : 4

Avonex and CIS

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j501092293&w=464753

Perhaps if you started Avonex before the first CIS you might never get MS at all!

I imagine that Biogen must know that the FDA are going to restrict Tysabri to certain groups. So in future, once someone has a CIS they start on Avonex for five years, then when they develop MS proper they move to Tysabri, then once SP they can swap to Daclizumab or Rituximab. ...
Read more : Avonex and CIS | Views : 2847 | Replies : 2

Light sensitivity?

For the past couple of years I've noticed that I'm becoming increasingly more sensitive to bright lights usually while I'm driving at night. Since this typically occurs on the days that I take Avonex, which I've been on for just about 6 years, I've attributed it to a side effect of the medication. However, I also have light sensitivity problems on other nights during the week as well. It just seems to be worse on ...
Read more : Light sensitivity? | Views : 2823 | Replies : 1

Experiences with Avonex

This is a call for our members who currently are, or previously have taken, Avonex for the treatment of MS to please share your experiences with the therapy at an exciting new project that has sprung out of our work at This is MS, aptly titled "the Experience Project"

Born out of our experiences (no pun intended) here at This is MS, where a wonderful community has formed based (originally) on shared and common experience, ...
Read more : Experiences with Avonex | Views : 7723 | Replies : 13

pregnancy and Avonex

Plenty of info warning women to get off Avonex if they become pregnant. Also a handy registry to register yourself if you're pregnant and on Avonex at http://www.criver.com/clinical_services ... tml#Avonex.

That's all well and good. But where's the research? Where are the outcomes? Avonex has been around for years now, as have the other MS drugs. Aren't there any conclusions or initial hypotheses yet beyond just "don't do it"? ...
Read more : pregnancy and Avonex | Views : 2277 | Replies : 0

Avonex and yeast over growth

Wow! I am so happy to find this site. I come from a family with a strong history of autoimmune problems. My mother has a diagnosis of MS and has been on Avonex for about 4 years, with good success. She claims she is really healthy now, but I had her here for 3 weeks and she seemed pretty sick to me still. Primarily her energy is very low.

What I am wondering is, have ...
Read more : Avonex and yeast over growth | Views : 2725 | Replies : 4

Interferon Beta 1a

Okay, I have a stupid question...

If Avonex and Rebif are the same drug (interferon beta 1a) and the difference is the way it is injected (IM vs. SC), then why couldn't someone buy a months supply of Rebif (which is approximately the same price as Avonex) and simply inject 2/3 of the 44mcg dose IM? For the same price (appoximately) you would have 3 months worth of drugs?

Just a silly thought...

Thanks,
Aaron
Read more : Interferon Beta 1a | Views : 2873 | Replies : 4

why avonex?

what made you choose Avonex over the other CRABS? My son will have to start one soon, and Im torn between which one we should go with. His Dr. asked me to research them and decide. They both have good and bad sides. Side effects, times etc.

Maybe you all could give me more ideas on which one?
Thank you.

kristy
Read more : why avonex? | Views : 3366 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216380 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13904