It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:57 pm

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Sky news "Puff Piece" (video)

VIDEO

And another VIDEO
Read more : Sky news "Puff Piece" (video) | Views : 1509 | Replies : 0

Campath and Allergies

Hello, thank you all for replying.
K6isten, you have a great story as well. I will be doing a full Allergy test in about one month and will let you know the results. Right now I am so inflamed that everything would come back positive. In addition, I too have suffered from several bacterial and viral infections after receiving Campath. I am still trying to get over one right now. The allergies along with infections ...
Read more : Campath and Allergies | Views : 1175 | Replies : 0

3 months after campath

I just completed my visit for my 3 month check up. Blood counts continue to increase and hopefuly will be back to pre-campath levels in a few more months. My energy level is increasing and I am having fewer days each week where I just want to get home to relax/sleep. I hope all of the other campather's out there are doing well.
Read more : 3 months after campath | Views : 1680 | Replies : 2

Allergies and Campath, update 6 months after Campath

Hello, I received Campath off lable in April of this year. It is very true that the reasurch trials have shown promising results for RRMS. Some studies have shown Campath to be 84% more effective than Rebif, but like any drug you need to seriously consider the drug in your perticular case carefuly and READ, READ, READ forums like these that have patients discribing their specific reactions.

Prior to Campath, I had tried Copaxone, Betaserone, ...
Read more : Allergies and Campath, update 6 months after Campath | Views : 6890 | Replies : 30

Phase 2 complete....results in NEJM

improvements on disability scale in campath group, reduced lesions, better brain volume, no diff. between 12 or 24 mg doses....looks alot better than interferon-

Results Alemtuzumab significantly reduced the rate of sustained accumulation of disability, as compared with interferon beta-1a (9.0% vs. 26.2%; hazard ratio, 0.29; 95% confidence interval , 0.16 to 0.54; P<0.001) and the annualized rate of relapse (0.10 vs. 0.36; hazard ratio, 0.26; 95% CI, 0.16 to 0.41; P<0.001). The mean disability ...
Read more : Phase 2 complete....results in NEJM | Views : 2242 | Replies : 10

Clear and consise explanation

I know most has been cover over and over, but I found the following, and it seems to cover most points regarding Campath's method of action, in a clear and concise mannor. Its not for MS specifically, but its the same compound being used.
Alemtuzumab
Pharmacology and use:

Campath is used to treat leukemia by exploiting antibody mediated lysis of CD52 presenting cells. The CD52 antigen is a cell surface protein found on essentially all ...
Read more : Clear and consise explanation | Views : 1582 | Replies : 2

Campath research

The Accelerated Cure Project has produced a note on last week's ECTRIMS / ACTRIMS / LACTRIMS MS research conference. Here is the section from the note on Campath (Alemtuzamab).

Satellite Symposium -- Researching the Potential for a New
Treatment Paradigm: Alemtuzumab in MS (Sponsored by Bayer HealthCare and Genzyme) *** (Hollie)

At last year's ECTRIMS, there was a lot of exciting data about
alemtuzumab (Campath). Phase 3 studies are now underway so this was
more ...
Read more : Campath research | Views : 2087 | Replies : 2

6 months after Campath

Today was me & Jessica's 6 month check up. I scored 100% on the PASAT math test, and my vision is still awesome at 20/20 & 20/15.
This is the same as before Campath.
For the other neuro/reflexes, walking, and balance tests, I also scored about the same as before, my EDSS is 2.5
My left side is definately weaker as it always has been.

The EDSS might end up a little higher because I ...
Read more : 6 months after Campath | Views : 2305 | Replies : 3

Long term outcome of ITP and Graves

I had yet to personally read if the two major side effects discussed were long term or temporary, until I came across the following, so I thought I would store it somewhere:
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=show&pageid=1307
He said the clinical trial so far has yielded five other cases of the bleeding disorder, called immune thrombocytopenic purpura , or ITP. All of those patients were treated and recovered.
So ITP appears to be a treatable condition?
...and two people developed ...
Read more : Long term outcome of ITP and Graves | Views : 1488 | Replies : 0

Five month update, shamless self promotion, and a question?

Well yesterday marked the five month date of my first Campath infusion. I wish I had more to report about how I feel, but it changes from day to day. I definitely feel the long term effects of the treatment. My hair has not recovered from the infusion. It used to be very healthy and shiny where as now it is dry and dull. My skin was never quiet the same. I am always dehydrated, ...
Read more : Five month update, shamless self promotion, and a question? | Views : 2420 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220787 • Total topics 22876 • Total members 14447

Contact us | Terms of Service