It is currently Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:27 am

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

just back from my pre-screening

I just got back from my pre-trial screening. The site I am looking at is in the final stages of hopefully getting approved. I should know by next Monday latest. A lot of things concerned me about the site and trial. I would be the 1st participant at this site. That means possibly not as much experience with Campath as a site that has given many already. Otherwise the site seemed fine. There is a ...
Read more : just back from my pre-screening | Views : 1431 | Replies : 3

Talked to my Dr about campath

He does the most recent 2 clinical trails for Campath and he says things are looking great for the drug as a true major MS treatment. He said it was doing better than rebif by 70 something percent.

I am doing fine on rebif so not a candidate for campath yet. He has very high hopes for it's use.

Keep all of us posted on your campath treatments so we choose our next course of ...
Read more : Talked to my Dr about campath | Views : 1345 | Replies : 0

8 month update, and a long rant.. enjoy....

Well it has been 8 months since my first campath infusion.

I actually have been feeling pretty good lately. I can't say it's a miracle drug or that it has repaired any damage so far. Although, some days my eyesight seems a bit better.

My general energy level is really pretty good and I seem to be able to manage my symptoms better. I think part of that is that I have just learned to ...
Read more : 8 month update, and a long rant.. enjoy.... | Views : 3104 | Replies : 9

Treatment after long term RRMS

I am trying to get Campath off-label. The thing that worries me, even though I am still RRMS, I have had symptoms for over 13 years, with a diagnosis about 3 years ago.

Most of the people I have seen here who have received it, have been usually considerably less time with this disease, but more aggresive. I have read the studies that show its more effective with people in early RRMS, and I don't ...
Read more : Treatment after long term RRMS | Views : 2898 | Replies : 8

Side effects

Our neuro is one of the coordinators of the phase III trials for Campath.Other than having a good CV,he is very open-minded and quite straightforward so we highly value his opinion..Regarding the side effects,his opinion is that although they are potentially very serious (ie strokes can occur because of the bleeding disorder),they are in most cases manageable if the patient is closely monitored and the risk identified.

I just read the phase II trial paper ...
Read more : Side effects | Views : 1403 | Replies : 1

Sky news "Puff Piece" (video)

VIDEO

And another VIDEO
Read more : Sky news "Puff Piece" (video) | Views : 1640 | Replies : 0

Campath and Allergies

Hello, thank you all for replying.
K6isten, you have a great story as well. I will be doing a full Allergy test in about one month and will let you know the results. Right now I am so inflamed that everything would come back positive. In addition, I too have suffered from several bacterial and viral infections after receiving Campath. I am still trying to get over one right now. The allergies along with infections ...
Read more : Campath and Allergies | Views : 1307 | Replies : 0

3 months after campath

I just completed my visit for my 3 month check up. Blood counts continue to increase and hopefuly will be back to pre-campath levels in a few more months. My energy level is increasing and I am having fewer days each week where I just want to get home to relax/sleep. I hope all of the other campather's out there are doing well.
Read more : 3 months after campath | Views : 1802 | Replies : 2

Allergies and Campath, update 6 months after Campath

Hello, I received Campath off lable in April of this year. It is very true that the reasurch trials have shown promising results for RRMS. Some studies have shown Campath to be 84% more effective than Rebif, but like any drug you need to seriously consider the drug in your perticular case carefuly and READ, READ, READ forums like these that have patients discribing their specific reactions.

Prior to Campath, I had tried Copaxone, Betaserone, ...
Read more : Allergies and Campath, update 6 months after Campath | Views : 7442 | Replies : 30

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226721 • Total topics 23881 • Total members 15154

Contact us | Terms of Service