It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 am

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Campath - Final day

My final infusion is complete and I just got back home from the doctors office. Everything seems fine...just as it has all week. Looking back over the week I think the most difficult part was sitting in the office for the six hours each day trying to figure out how to pass the time. The staff at the office was awesome so I was as comfortable as I could have been for the infusions. No ...
Read more : Campath - Final day | Views : 1311 | Replies : 0

I can run!

It may seem like a funny thing to get excited about but I haven't been able to run since 2002-3. At times a slow shuffle was the best I could manage.

Recovering enough to be able to run again always seemed to be out of reach.

Today I got caught in a sharp, heavy rain shower. Without thinking about it I just took off for cover. It was only when I was out of the ...
Read more : I can run! | Views : 8179 | Replies : 26

Campath - Day 4

Today started off with an 80mg push of steroids and then on to the 4 hour campath drip. Everything seems to be going great so far. Tomorrow is the last of the infusions for the first round.
Read more : Campath - Day 4 | Views : 1287 | Replies : 0

Campath - Day 3

Today was pretty much a repeat of yesterday so nothing new to report. The infusions are going much better that I anticipated. The only complaint is a faint headache today but the Tylenol seems to be keeping it at bay.
Read more : Campath - Day 3 | Views : 1482 | Replies : 0

Campath - Day 2

I had my second infusion today. I took zyrtec, benadryl, and tylenol during the steroid drip. After that is was on to the 4 hour campath infusion. Not much to report for today. As a matter of fact if I didn't see the IV needle go into my vein this morning at 9 I would say that I received no infusion today at all. No headache, chills, bodyache, etc. to speak of. Two days down ...
Read more : Campath - Day 2 | Views : 1345 | Replies : 0

First day of campath

Just got home from my first campath infusion. I got to my doctors office at 9 and started the steroid drip. Aside from a really bad taste in my mouth it was fine. The campath started and it was going great until about halfway through the bag. A powerful headache came out of nowhere and I got a bad case of the chills and my legs and lower back ached. My doctor gave some meds ...
Read more : First day of campath | Views : 1685 | Replies : 3

Another Trial Participant story

Hi guys,

Just signed up for the Campath trial May '08. Finished my 5 day infusion 6/20/08.

Almost got excluded due to low lymphocyte count on the screening bloodwork from taking Rebif since Nov '07.

Doctor got the ok to repeat my bloodwork after I'd completed the drug wash-out period of 28 days, and my labs came back normal this time and I was accepted.

Did an MRI and some EDSS and other tests. They ...
Read more : Another Trial Participant story | Views : 2673 | Replies : 7

Three month update!

Well as it was our three month check up yesterday, so I decided to post a blog about our progress. Kristin and I haven’t had much of a chance to really talk lately, so most of it will be from my experience.

My body is slowly healing. As far as how I actually feel in general. I feel better.
I used to only have 1-3 good days a week. The rest of the time I ...
Read more : Three month update! | Views : 2333 | Replies : 6

Nice story

This is a nice story - this guy was diagnosed the same time as me (4 years ago). It was 27C (80F) in London yesterday. I went out for a 30 mins on my mountain bike - something I couldn't have done 2 years ago. Not quiet as impressive as winning a golf tournament - but being almost back to normal is priceless.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 083129.ece

Ian
Read more : Nice story | Views : 1908 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219635 • Total topics 22674 • Total members 14291

Contact us | Terms of Service