It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:25 pm

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Nice story

This is a nice story - this guy was diagnosed the same time as me (4 years ago). It was 27C (80F) in London yesterday. I went out for a 30 mins on my mountain bike - something I couldn't have done 2 years ago. Not quiet as impressive as winning a golf tournament - but being almost back to normal is priceless.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 083129.ece

Ian
Read more : Nice story | Views : 1923 | Replies : 4

Three weeks after Campath

where to begin?

Well physically things are okay.

I am definitely having a flare up. I guess the fact that I expected it, makes it a little easier to swallow. My flare ups are almost always centered around Optic Neuritis. And for the past week, my vision has been its worst since my diagnosis. Usually it only affects one eye severely (usually my right eye). However the past few weeks, both eyes have been affected ...
Read more : Three weeks after Campath | Views : 2460 | Replies : 6

almost a week after the last Campath infusion

well, I am not going to lie. The whole Campath experience was worse than I expected. By the fifth day, Kristin and I were just over the whole experience. In fact we were so done, that our nurse asked if we were mad at her. I eventually got the same rash as Kristin. Not as bad though. My major thing was my body was just unhappy. Bloated, poisoned, achy, rashy and mad. After we got ...
Read more : almost a week after the last Campath infusion | Views : 3506 | Replies : 14

Day 4 of Campath

Well we didn't get to update yesterday because it was a rough day. It was suppose to be our short day. Last day of steroids, two hour drip. It did however not work out that way.

I started the day off in a horrid mood. Was it lack of sleep or roid rage? Not sure. By the time I got to the clinic to start the drip, Kristin had a new IV in and was ...
Read more : Day 4 of Campath | Views : 1694 | Replies : 0

second day of campath 3/18/2008

well... me and one of my best friends of 12 years both happened to get diagnosed with MS within a year of each other. We both picked the same neurologist and we both happened to make it to the phase three campath study.

The study qualification was intense.. lots of poking, prodding, degrading testing, and blood work. but we made it.

I wasn't sure up until the last minute that I was going to do ...
Read more : second day of campath 3/18/2008 | Views : 2878 | Replies : 10

Research article

A research article on Campath - but not from the Cambridge team overeeing the trials.

<shortened url>
Read more : Research article | Views : 1767 | Replies : 0

Campax vs Tysbri

My physician provided me two options for treatment Tysbri and Campath. One FDA approved and the other not. One covered by ins and the other possibly not. When I asked my physician which one he would choose for his family member if they were in my shoes he chose Campath.
Are there any reports compairing Campath and Tysbri?
Read more : Campax vs Tysbri | Views : 3702 | Replies : 2

Anyone's insurance paid for Campath outside of a trile?

My Doctor has prescribed Campath in order to stabilize my MS? I have heard of only a few insurances that have paid for the treatment since it is not FDA approved at this point.
If your insurance did approve Campath how did you do it?
If your insurance did not approve Campath, how much were you out of pocket per year?
Read more : Anyone's insurance paid for Campath outside of a trile? | Views : 2084 | Replies : 2

User's experience update

Hi

I haven't posted on here for quite a while. I can't quite believe that it's been 4 years since I posted. Campath seems to have come a long way since then, but has a little further to go. I understand that if all goes well with Phase III, it might be approved in 2011-12.

If anyone is still following my MS story, I've updated the site again recently.
I also notice that I originally ...
Read more : User's experience update | Views : 2238 | Replies : 2

ITP autoimmune disease treatment found

ITP is a serious sideffect that can occure during Campath treatment.
Sciencedaily

--Frank
Read more : ITP autoimmune disease treatment found | Views : 2237 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220821 • Total topics 22883 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service