It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:32 pm

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

First day of campath

Just got home from my first campath infusion. I got to my doctors office at 9 and started the steroid drip. Aside from a really bad taste in my mouth it was fine. The campath started and it was going great until about halfway through the bag. A powerful headache came out of nowhere and I got a bad case of the chills and my legs and lower back ached. My doctor gave some meds ...
Read more : First day of campath | Views : 1735 | Replies : 3

Another Trial Participant story

Hi guys,

Just signed up for the Campath trial May '08. Finished my 5 day infusion 6/20/08.

Almost got excluded due to low lymphocyte count on the screening bloodwork from taking Rebif since Nov '07.

Doctor got the ok to repeat my bloodwork after I'd completed the drug wash-out period of 28 days, and my labs came back normal this time and I was accepted.

Did an MRI and some EDSS and other tests. They ...
Read more : Another Trial Participant story | Views : 2703 | Replies : 7

Three month update!

Well as it was our three month check up yesterday, so I decided to post a blog about our progress. Kristin and I haven’t had much of a chance to really talk lately, so most of it will be from my experience.

My body is slowly healing. As far as how I actually feel in general. I feel better.
I used to only have 1-3 good days a week. The rest of the time I ...
Read more : Three month update! | Views : 2359 | Replies : 6

Nice story

This is a nice story - this guy was diagnosed the same time as me (4 years ago). It was 27C (80F) in London yesterday. I went out for a 30 mins on my mountain bike - something I couldn't have done 2 years ago. Not quiet as impressive as winning a golf tournament - but being almost back to normal is priceless.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 083129.ece

Ian
Read more : Nice story | Views : 1945 | Replies : 4

Three weeks after Campath

where to begin?

Well physically things are okay.

I am definitely having a flare up. I guess the fact that I expected it, makes it a little easier to swallow. My flare ups are almost always centered around Optic Neuritis. And for the past week, my vision has been its worst since my diagnosis. Usually it only affects one eye severely (usually my right eye). However the past few weeks, both eyes have been affected ...
Read more : Three weeks after Campath | Views : 2472 | Replies : 6

almost a week after the last Campath infusion

well, I am not going to lie. The whole Campath experience was worse than I expected. By the fifth day, Kristin and I were just over the whole experience. In fact we were so done, that our nurse asked if we were mad at her. I eventually got the same rash as Kristin. Not as bad though. My major thing was my body was just unhappy. Bloated, poisoned, achy, rashy and mad. After we got ...
Read more : almost a week after the last Campath infusion | Views : 3555 | Replies : 14

Day 4 of Campath

Well we didn't get to update yesterday because it was a rough day. It was suppose to be our short day. Last day of steroids, two hour drip. It did however not work out that way.

I started the day off in a horrid mood. Was it lack of sleep or roid rage? Not sure. By the time I got to the clinic to start the drip, Kristin had a new IV in and was ...
Read more : Day 4 of Campath | Views : 1724 | Replies : 0

second day of campath 3/18/2008

well... me and one of my best friends of 12 years both happened to get diagnosed with MS within a year of each other. We both picked the same neurologist and we both happened to make it to the phase three campath study.

The study qualification was intense.. lots of poking, prodding, degrading testing, and blood work. but we made it.

I wasn't sure up until the last minute that I was going to do ...
Read more : second day of campath 3/18/2008 | Views : 2897 | Replies : 10

Research article

A research article on Campath - but not from the Cambridge team overeeing the trials.

<shortened url>
Read more : Research article | Views : 1784 | Replies : 0

Campax vs Tysbri

My physician provided me two options for treatment Tysbri and Campath. One FDA approved and the other not. One covered by ins and the other possibly not. When I asked my physician which one he would choose for his family member if they were in my shoes he chose Campath.
Are there any reports compairing Campath and Tysbri?
Read more : Campax vs Tysbri | Views : 3720 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222375 • Total topics 23098 • Total members 14621

Contact us | Terms of Service