It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:27 am

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Receiving Campath before it is approved for ms?

I may be mistaken but I think I heard of some people being prescribed Rituxan in the past to treat their ms even if it hasn't been officially approved for ms yet. I know that Campath can have some pretty serious potential side effects. My question is; do you think someone could ever be able to receive a prescription for Campath before it is officially approved for ms?

I do not qualify to be in ...
Read more : Receiving Campath before it is approved for ms? | Views : 2200 | Replies : 2

Teen getting Campath

Dear all,

I am currently in southern Spain for a long weekend. Weather is lovely c. 22C / 75F. Sitting on the beach reading my newspaper this morning I see the following story about Campath. I hope this young woman sees the good results I have seen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories ... -20054853/

I´m thinking of you all in freezing cold north America (with the exception of Lori in Florida).

Just think ...
Read more : Teen getting Campath | Views : 1937 | Replies : 0

Campath results at ECTRIMS

A couple of Campath results reported at ECTRIMS. I think there will be some more, but the abstracts are not yet available.

<shortened url>

<shortened url>
Read more : Campath results at ECTRIMS | Views : 8165 | Replies : 31

Phase III trials start

Genzyme and Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany Announce Start of Phase 3 Program with Alemtuzumab for Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis 26 September 2007

Genzyme Corporation and Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany today announced that the first patient has been treated in the first of two planned Phase 3 trials examining the safety and efficacy of alemtuzumab for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS).

The CARE-MS I trial (Comparison of Alemtuzumab and Rebif Efficacy in ...
Read more : Phase III trials start | Views : 2522 | Replies : 5

Phase II trial resumes

Genzyme gets OK to resume testing of MS drug 17 May 2007

Patient in trial died of bleeding in the brain.

The Food and Drug Administration will allow Genzyme Corp. to continue human tests of a new multiple sclerosis drug that caused a fatal bleeding disease in one trial patient, the company said yesterday.

The drug, Campath, is a cancer treatment that has showed promise as a once-a-year infusion for multiple sclerosis patients.

Compared ...
Read more : Phase II trial resumes | Views : 2061 | Replies : 1

camapth trials in Australia?

hello everyone i was on betaferon but developed anti bodies so was asked to go on a trial to try and "flip" the antibodies my antibodies did not "flip" so my neuroligist put me on capaxone have been on it for nearly 12 months and every four weeks or so i keep getting immediate post injection reaction with dizziness,heart palpitations and difficulty breathing.I am just so over this whole MS thing!!!!! doesnt it know that ...
Read more : camapth trials in Australia? | Views : 3523 | Replies : 9

David's story

Dear all,

When I was first diagnosed in May 2004, I came across articles on Campath on the UK MS Society website. There was a link to a patient with very active RRMS (David's story) who set out his experience. His diary ended pretty much after his second infusion. Two years on, he has provided an update - set out below. He seems to be doing well.

Of course it is only one person's experience ...
Read more : David's story | Views : 3518 | Replies : 5

motley fool's take on Campath

Here's an investor site's take on the Campath results. Less than enthusiastic, due to the high rate of "potentially fatal immune disorders"...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/fool/20060914/b ... 5826588322
Read more : motley fool's take on Campath | Views : 2372 | Replies : 1

Campath interim results

This is interesting.

"Analysis of the first co-primary endpoint showed that patients taking alemtuzumab at high and low doses experienced at least a 75 percent reduction in the risk for relapse after at least two years of follow up when compared to patients treated with interferon beta-1a."

That's pretty amazing because they're not saying a 75% overall reduction, they're seeing a 75% reduction compared to Rebif! And the Campath patients have only had 2 infusions ...
Read more : Campath interim results | Views : 2906 | Replies : 6

Another Campath update

Interesting update on the status of Campath

Genzyme bets Campath to be blockbuster

July 25, 2006 - Reuters - Genzyme is optimistic its cancer drug Campath will become a blockbuster if it is approved to treat multiple sclerosis, a senior executive said.

Campath, which is currently approved to treat B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia, a rare blood cancer, generated minimal sales in 2005.

But if the drug is approved for multiple sclerosis it could generate annual ...
Read more : Another Campath update | Views : 2110 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220085 • Total topics 22758 • Total members 14363

Contact us | Terms of Service