It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:21 am

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Neurologist online Apr 6-13

Those with a particular interest in Campath might like to follow this link:

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/applications/discussion/browse_moderated.rm?post_id=55222

Consultant neurologist and researcher Dr Alasdair Coles will be answering your questions online, April 6th-13th.

A member of the MS Society Cambridge Centre for Myelin Repair team, Alasdair is a neurologist working on experimental treatments in MS.

Currently Alasdair's main project is coordinating the trial of beta interferon and Campath-1H. Alasdair is also involved in studying the behaviour of immune cells ...
Read more : Neurologist online Apr 6-13 | Views : 2345 | Replies : 1

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I have been given a chance to participate in the camms224 trial. After carefully weighing up the potential risks and rewards I have decided to go for it. Campath is certainly at the extreme end of MS treatments with some pretty scary potential side effects, but the chance to potentially stop MS in its tracks is far too good to pass up whatever the risks.

I have to have a series of blood tests next ...
Read more : Keeping my fingers crossed! | Views : 4426 | Replies : 10

Quick update

Hi all,

Just a quick word on the Campath trials. The one year report was sent out to either he FDA or ILEX pharmasudicals (I’m not sure who it was going to) but the NP who wrote it showed it to me when I was in for my quarterly appointment. The report was for the folk’s who are on the “2nd study”…. the people who were on the various CRABs drugs but weren’t having any ...
Read more : Quick update | Views : 3297 | Replies : 3

Campath Info

Dear all,

I have not heard much about Campath in the last months. News about Campath looked very promising only one year ago. Anybody knows anything about current research and trials ?

Thanks

Ric
Read more : Campath Info | Views : 8453 | Replies : 15

Users' experiences

Hi

I've been treated with this drug. I've posted my experiences (and those of other patients) on my web site http://www.btinternet.com/~campath/.

If there's anyone out there who's also had it, or is considering taking it, I'd love to make contact.

Rgds

David
Read more : Users' experiences | Views : 3740 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216412 • Total topics 22112 • Total members 13902