It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:46 pm

News News of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Site map of Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab) » Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

motley fool's take on Campath

Here's an investor site's take on the Campath results. Less than enthusiastic, due to the high rate of "potentially fatal immune disorders"...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/fool/20060914/b ... 5826588322
Read more : motley fool's take on Campath | Views : 2394 | Replies : 1

Campath interim results

This is interesting.

"Analysis of the first co-primary endpoint showed that patients taking alemtuzumab at high and low doses experienced at least a 75 percent reduction in the risk for relapse after at least two years of follow up when compared to patients treated with interferon beta-1a."

That's pretty amazing because they're not saying a 75% overall reduction, they're seeing a 75% reduction compared to Rebif! And the Campath patients have only had 2 infusions ...
Read more : Campath interim results | Views : 2924 | Replies : 6

Another Campath update

Interesting update on the status of Campath

Genzyme bets Campath to be blockbuster

July 25, 2006 - Reuters - Genzyme is optimistic its cancer drug Campath will become a blockbuster if it is approved to treat multiple sclerosis, a senior executive said.

Campath, which is currently approved to treat B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia, a rare blood cancer, generated minimal sales in 2005.

But if the drug is approved for multiple sclerosis it could generate annual ...
Read more : Another Campath update | Views : 2126 | Replies : 0

Campath update

An update on campath from Genezyme's quarterly results press release...

Preparations are underway for the initiation of a phase 3 study of alemtuzumab (Campath) for the treatment of relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis, which is expected during the second half of this year. In addition, nearly all participating patients have now completed at least 24 months in the ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial comparing alemtuzumab with Rebif (interferon beta-1a) for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Genzyme expects ...
Read more : Campath update | Views : 2036 | Replies : 0

Campath update

From Genzyme's financial results yesterday...

Genzyme and Schering AG Germany await comments from the FDA, following which they hope to resume dosing soon in the Phase 2 clinical trial evaluating Campath for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. The companies submitted a risk-management plan to the FDA and the EMEA earlier this month, which was approved by the study's Data Safety Monitoring Board. Results from a pre-planned interim analysis of the Phase 2 trial were highly ...
Read more : Campath update | Views : 2266 | Replies : 0

Campath info 1.12

Schering shares fall on FDA alert - bad news for Campath 01 December 2005
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Shares in German drugmaker Schering fell as much as 1.1 percent on Thursday after U.S. regulators issued a health alert over its Campath drug in a trial to treat multiple sclerosis.

Campath is approved to treat a type of blood cancer, but in a study on multiple sclerosis, three patients developed a severe blood disorder and one of ...
Read more : Campath info 1.12 | Views : 2148 | Replies : 0

Campath info

Some Campath data from Pubmed...

The window of therapeutic opportunity in multiple sclerosis Evidence from monoclonal antibody therapy.

J Neurol. 2005 Jul 27;

Coles AJ, Cox A, Le Page E, Jones J, Trip SA, Deans J, Seaman S, Miller DH, Hale G, Waldmann H, Compston DA.
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Box 165, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK, ajc1020@medschl.cam.ac.uk.

From 1991-2002, we treated 58 patients with ...
Read more : Campath info | Views : 2195 | Replies : 0

3 months in

I went for my 3 month checkup today. Unfortunately I didn't get a neurological assesment but it would only have confirmed what I know. Since treatment my condition has definitely improved. Prior to treatment I was assesed as EDSS 4.0, in my own judgement I have improved by at least 1 EDSS point since treatment, probably more. Hopefully these improvements will continue.

A sobering note to the proceedings was that one patient on the CAMMS223 ...
Read more : 3 months in | Views : 3850 | Replies : 8

April check up

Hi all,

I had my quarterly appointment for the study yesterday and things went well, though I only dropped to a 1.0 on the EDSS scale. I was hoping for 0.0, but I guess that might be a tad hopeful. Apparently I’m missing some reflex actions in my left foot, and according to the NP it’s unlikely that I’ll ever get them back. Not a big deal as it’s not noticeable unless I get frustrated, ...
Read more : April check up | Views : 3050 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222238 • Total topics 23080 • Total members 14608

Contact us | Terms of Service