It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:01 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

I' m new...but my ms is old

I' m Max from Italy ( sorry for my language ... maybe it is english 8O ... maybe)
It' s very easy traslate with Google from english to italian...but write it's different unfortunatly.
:idea: Now it's better come back to read 8) ...better for me and of course for you
Best ...
Read more : I' m new...but my ms is old | Views : 1333 | Replies : 5

CCSVI and Ventriculomegaly?

Hi there... I've been dx'd with MS for 6 years or so now. When I had my first MRI, they noted mild stable ventriculomegaly. This is sort of a congenital issue that hasn't caused me any symptoms. My understanding of ventriculomegaly is that it can be caused by impaired drainage of CSF from the brain during fetal development, and I can't help but wonder if this might be related to the drainage issues described in ...
Read more : CCSVI and Ventriculomegaly? | Views : 1071 | Replies : 3

My doppler scan

Hi all.

My radiologist and I have attempted to perform a doppler scan following the Zamboni protocol. However, we have found that we did not have enough information to perform it properly. In addition, we did not have a 2.5 MHz transmitter head to perform the transcranial.

But we have come across 2 very strange findings:

1. We couldn't detect the flow of the left jugular when standing upright. The flow of the right jugular ...
Read more : My doppler scan | Views : 1546 | Replies : 11

First liberation procedure in UK

I am back home following venogram and bilateral balloon dilatation of the jugular veins at 2 pm.
I feel well, my back is less stiff, my movements are quicker and my right leg feels already more powerful.
I am not on any blood thinners.
The procedure was carried out at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast by the radiologist Dr Anton Collins while I was under the care of the vascular surgeon Mr Robin Baker. ...
Read more : First liberation procedure in UK | Views : 34915 | Replies : 174

Coumadin and LDN ?

I'm a little frustrated at the time it is taking me to recover my strength and stamina to at least their pre-stent procedure levels.

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow that I returned home. I'd guess my stamina and walking strength are still only 50% of what they were before the procedure. Yes, everyday is still a little better, but I still start to crash at about 7pm, in bed soon after, and spend about ...
Read more : Coumadin and LDN ? | Views : 1649 | Replies : 11

Need suggestions for blood panel

Hi,

I'm going to visit my neuro next monday for arranging my LP and I would like to ask him for some blood tests.

My list:

homocysteine,
selenium,
alpha-tocopherol (vitamin e).
all the b vitamins ,
vit d (don't remember what kind),
vit a,
calcium,
magnesium,
zinc,
uric acid,
iron (ferritin)

(Taken from a post by Jimmylegs)

Please, feel free to suggest anything to add or change.

Thank you very much

Fernando

PS: cross posted ...
Read more : Need suggestions for blood panel | Views : 1037 | Replies : 4

Pain ratings during and after stent placement

Would those of you who had the stent procedure please rate any pain felt on the scale of 0 - 10
(with 0 denoting no pain) for the following:

1) Pain felt during placement of the stents,

2) Pain felt after placement of the stents. Please state how long the pain lasted.

Thank you very, very much.

~HappyPoet
Read more : Pain ratings during and after stent placement | Views : 2511 | Replies : 15

Attack After CCSVI?

Hi Guys.. I just have a question regarding those of you who have done the operation did anybody unfortunately get an attack afterwards or did it stop? I know its still early but i was just curious.
Read more : Attack After CCSVI? | Views : 1248 | Replies : 5

My Turn!

I leave first thing Thursday morning. Testing scheduled for Friday 10/16. Consult and procedure scheduled for Monday 10/19. I do have to admit a case of nerves has hit me. I think it has more to do with leaving my family and traveling alone, than with the treatment. I wanted to post now because I'll be tying up a million loose ends tomorrow. I'll post my journey. Wish me luck!
Read more : My Turn! | Views : 3857 | Replies : 35

CCSVI treatment coming to the east coast...soon......

This was posted on msworld.org forum and the poster gave me permission to crosspost here:

"Went to an MS Conference this morning...

I'm a nurse and this morning, I was told by our wonderful neuro fellow that Patricia Coyle MD was giving a lecture on MS today. So went and she promised at the beginning of the lecture that she was going to "drop a bomb" about MS later on. She went over the usual ...
Read more : CCSVI treatment coming to the east coast...soon...... | Views : 2374 | Replies : 14

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218748 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192