It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:07 pm

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Got the call now where to stay in Palo Alto/Stanford

We got the call from Dr. Dake. After the call I felt a bit guilty. Here's a renowned surgeon calling my house and I give him 'tude...kind of. PMSing again. Two weeks straight. We forgot to mention that to him and forgot to ask him all kinds of other questions such as

How long do these stents last?
What other materials are they made of? I'm allergic to nickel
Where do I go for recovery? ...
Read more : Got the call now where to stay in Palo Alto/Stanford | Views : 1110 | Replies : 6

Question for those who have had an MRV

I will be a participant in the Jacobs Neurological Institute study and will have an MRV. Is it similar to having an MRI with conrrast?

Very excited about qualifying for this study. Buffalo is my hometown so I will get to visit again. The weather is not as bad as rumored. And if you like chicken wings, Frank and Theresa's Anchor Bar is the HOME of chicken wings and near Buffalo General Hospital and was ...
Read more : Question for those who have had an MRV | Views : 1187 | Replies : 4

Read more : 123 | Views : 1570 | Replies : 14

To those without insurance/who can't afford this

We were given a tremendous gift yesterday. Dr. Mark Haacke has challenged the MS/radiology world to look at a new paradigm. He is a giant in the world of radiology and disease diagnosis.

If you live anywhere near a university that has a radiology department and diagnoses MS using MRI...PLEASE do this. (radeck, I'm talking to you-dear friend)

Send Dr. Haacke's website to the school with the following introduction:

"I am an MS patient and ...
Read more : To those without insurance/who can't afford this | Views : 3862 | Replies : 26

Skydog

Hi Mark,
Just wondering how you are doing and if there is any more news on what the plan is for the restenosis in the lower jugs?

L x
Read more : Skydog | Views : 1173 | Replies : 7

What are the restrictions after surgery?

I'm wondering about the restrictions/limitations after surgery. I have my procedure in 2 weeks and I'm trying to prepare. Thanks :)
Read more : What are the restrictions after surgery? | Views : 2234 | Replies : 15

CCSVI tracking project-POST PER P.1 FORMAT ONLY

The purpose of this thread is to get an overview of the experiences of patients getting tested for CCSVI and those receiving treatment (ballooning, stents, open neck surgery, or other), be it in ...
Read more : CCSVI tracking project-POST PER P.1 FORMAT ONLY | Views : 247578 | Replies : 163

Questions, points,... (but I'm a believer!)

Let me begin by saying I truly believe this is a great step for us, I think it has benefits, I have my info in to Dr. Dake waiting for a call so I can be scheduled and even without 'scientific' proof of it helping MS if anybody without MS has this problem it should be fixed.

A few 'devils advocate' questions just so I can hear what everybody thinks (and maybe everybody can use ...
Read more : Questions, points,... (but I'm a believer!) | Views : 2062 | Replies : 16

MS / MRV / SWI new web site!

I have been chasing (some may say stalking... but that's for a court to decide.... I digress) one particular professional (Dr Haake... you didn't hear me say that...) for a few weeks now, and he has told me they are working on a "Protocol" for using MRV's for looking for CCSVI in MS. He informed me of the web site http://www.ms-mri.com to be starting soon, which is NOW up.

I haven't checked yet, but I ...
Read more : MS / MRV / SWI new web site! | Views : 2563 | Replies : 21

Tinnitus and CCSVI

I'm curious how many of you suffer from tinnitus ie. ringing in the ears? I most certainly do and it's what lead me to my soft diagnosis of MS. My ENT informed me of the possibilty of ms after a brain mri showed some irregularities about 1 1/2 years ago.

Laying in bed last night I realized that if I squeze my jaw real tight and strain my neck muscles, my tinnitus changes it's pitch. ...
Read more : Tinnitus and CCSVI | Views : 4274 | Replies : 17

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220805 • Total topics 22880 • Total members 14449

Contact us | Terms of Service