It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:53 am

News News of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Site map of Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI) » Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Holly's Obituary and Donation Fund

To All,
Holly's sister, Trudy, sent me a copy of the obituary - the family wanted it posted on TIMS.
We also now have a way to make a donation in memory of Holly thanks to the hard work of Cheryle aka "Needled".

Holly's Obituary
Holly Elizabeth Shean, born December 18, 1958, died on August 19,
2009. She is survived by her parents, James and Dorothy Shean, her
three sisters Trudy Roughgarden, Jill Griffith and ...
Read more : Holly's Obituary and Donation Fund | Views : 3248 | Replies : 17

CCSVI and epigentics

Hi,
I posted this something similar in the genes section.
I watched a programme yesterday all about epigenetics and identical twins.
They studied 2 cases where 1 twin developed Lukemia and the other didn't and in another set of twins 1 developed Type 1 diabetes and the other didn't. They concluded that the enviroment would have changed their epigenetics as they were 100% genetic clones of eachother.

The reason I am writing this in the ...
Read more : CCSVI and epigentics | Views : 888 | Replies : 5

Question if this tool would be usefull..

Here's a copy of a post from the LDN thread about alcohol. It refers to a web page where they have some scans of blood flow in brains of people wo have different issues. Just wondering if this could be a diagnostic tool for before/after CCSVI interventions...
NHE wrote:Alcohol also doesn't help the brain. In fact, quite the opposite occurs. It restricts blood flow to the brain which can be seen in these Single Photon Emission ...
Read more : Question if this tool would be usefull.. | Views : 1045 | Replies : 2

Message for Out218

For some reason I cant send you a PM...it says user not found...so I tried a few times and since it still would not go, I didn't want you to think I wasn't answering, because everyone has been so great to me on TIMS, answering my questions and all...so here is the PM I tried to send to you...hope you get this!

Hi Steve...It sure was bad last week (the flooding)...we fared OK once it ...
Read more : Message for Out218 | Views : 1486 | Replies : 6

appt today w/vascular doctor

Well Dr Razavi was very nice. I took my mri and he said it looks like MS to him.(I'm in limbo)

He then asked what brought us to his office? Well my husband explained everything to him better then I ever could thankfully.

He was very surprised that we knew about CCSVI and asked where I had found the information since it is all so new. I told him and he mentioned that he has ...
Read more : appt today w/vascular doctor | Views : 1458 | Replies : 14

MS but not a single stenosis?! Help!

Hi to all from Germany!

I start reading this forum a few weeks ago and its great. I ever hoped to find a forum like this!

After reading the Zamboni papers and the posts of the luky ones who had been treaten by dr Dake, i i wanted to call him by myselfe and travel all the way to Stanford. But first i had the chance to get an MRV done here in Germany. This ...
Read more : MS but not a single stenosis?! Help! | Views : 2394 | Replies : 17

New Patient=ME

I am officially scheduled for testing on October 16th and consult/procedure on October 19th!
Yes, there is a torturous weekend in between! And, I have been told I will not get my results, even if I ask:(
I am thrilled to be going so quickly. I think my flexibility and some scheduling changes acted in my favor. But that is just a guess. I booked my flight last night. I still have hotel arrangements to ...
Read more : New Patient=ME | Views : 959 | Replies : 6

CTEVD Study at Buffalo Neuroimaging Center (CCSVI related)

I just stumbled on this active trial in Buffalo yesterday and immediately looked into it. It's designed to evaluate blood flood in MS patients, healthy controls, and controls with other neurological disorders.The acronym stands for "Combined Transcranial and Extracranial Venous Doppler evaluation in multiple sclerosis and related diseases (CTEVD study)". Has anyone else signed up for this? I contacted them yesterday and am awaiting my phone interview. Very exciting news!!!

So now, I have a ...
Read more : CTEVD Study at Buffalo Neuroimaging Center (CCSVI related) | Views : 10804 | Replies : 75

I'm early, but travel advice...

Whats the cheapest airport to fly in to, how long should I plan on staying, should I rent a car, and how about a hotel? I think I read somewhere that the Sheraton (with the Staford rate) was the best hotel to stay at.
My wife will probably be coming with me. She has a week off work in February, I'm thinking of trying to schedule then. I think too much though, it keeps going ...
Read more : I'm early, but travel advice... | Views : 801 | Replies : 3

NIH getting a portion of the 5 billion for medical research.

Wonder how hard it would be to divert a wee bit of that over to the CCSVI paradigm....

Gotta be some way to get a couple 2 or 20 million of that, come on it's peanuts!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090930/ap_ ... _obama_nih

Altogether, the stimulus bill included $10 billion for NIH. More than $1 billion of it would be directed to work on genetic research that could identify the causes and cures ...
Read more : NIH getting a portion of the 5 billion for medical research. | Views : 754 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219973 • Total topics 22745 • Total members 14348

Contact us | Terms of Service