It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:34 am

News News of Copaxone

Site map of Copaxone » Forum : Copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone

Ouch!

I have been doing Copaxone injections for almost 5 years. I have dealt with lipoatrophy (which I chalked it up to the price you have to pay with this drug) stinging injections, and some hives. None of this has caused me to want to stop because I have felt I have benefitted from this drug. But I nearly went through the roof with my injection last night! Injected into my thigh (as I have done ...
Read more : Ouch! | Views : 3427 | Replies : 12

United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know if Copaxone is available in Abu Dhabi in the U.A. E.? I am hoping to relocate there, but only if I can continue treatment.
Read more : United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi | Views : 2077 | Replies : 1

Copaxone long-term study

Now that's some long-term follow up!

Long-term (up to 22 years), open-label,compassionate-use study of glatiramer acetatein relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis.

Mult Scler. 2008 Jan 21
Miller A, Spada V, Beerkircher D, Kreitman RR.
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA.

To evaluate the safety and efficacy of long-term glatiramer acetate (GA) therapy, 46 patients with relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) were treated for up to 22 years in an ongoing, open-label ...
Read more : Copaxone long-term study | Views : 3613 | Replies : 5

Hives, copaxone - need information

Hello, I searched and the topic hives was already discussed, but though I´m askink. Did anybody have hives? I have terrible hives for 14 days (now I ´m hospitalized on cortizone cure, which helps, but when it stops, it appears again). I use copaxone 1 year and had no problems so far, but my neuro said, she couldn´t separete out the copaxone like a reason of hives. That´s why I don´t continue with copaxone now ...
Read more : Hives, copaxone - need information | Views : 6347 | Replies : 9

Reimported Cop

Anyone else have a problem with reimported Cop?
The online chemist buys it where it's cheapest, good for him. At the moment it is cheaper if he buys reimports from France. Each syringe has a little sticker on it over the French text, saying the same stuff in German. The little stickers prevent the syringes from fitting properly in the autoinjector sometimes.
Anyway, the first one of these vials got stuck in the injector and ...
Read more : Reimported Cop | Views : 1956 | Replies : 1

Effects of Copaxone

"Neuroprotection… Neurogenesis… Newborn neurons migrating to the site of injury…" all these words get me really excited – do they do that to anyone else, or am I just pathetically easy to please?

Neurogenesis and neuroprotection in the CNS - fundamental elements in the effect of glatiramer acetate on treatment of autoimmune neurological disorders.
Mol Neurobiol. 2007 Dec;36(3):245-53
Authors: Arnon R, Aharoni R
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is no longer considered to be simply an autoimmune ...
Read more : Effects of Copaxone | Views : 2426 | Replies : 1

Study finds little difference in Copaxone v Rebif trial

Merck KGaA's Rebif multiple-sclerosis drug is not superior to rival Teva's Copaxone, a study obtained by Reuters on Wednesday showed.
"The number of events (relapses) was insufficient to establish a statistically significant difference between the two products, despite a trend advantage for Rebif," the report said.

The 96-week Phase IV study involving almost 800 patients will be presented at the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Prague.

Merck inherited Rebif ...
Read more : Study finds little difference in Copaxone v Rebif trial | Views : 2204 | Replies : 3

Genes that affect reponses of MS to Copaxone

Israeli scientists identify: Genes that Affect Responses of Multiple Sclerosis Patients to Copaxone®

http://80.70.129.162/site/en/weizman.as ... oc_id=4890

A group of Israeli scientists from the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, the Weizmann Institute of Science and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries have recently identified genes responsible for the positive response of many multiple sclerosis patients to the drug Copaxone®. These findings may contribute to the development of personalized medicine for multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : Genes that affect reponses of MS to Copaxone | Views : 1989 | Replies : 1

Copaxone Sting Reduction Technique: A Personal Breakthough

If you try this, please post a reply. I know that typically there’s only about 1 reply post for every 30 or so views, but honestly I really think this is very important and I hope that with frequent replies we can keep it on the front page near the top of the Copaxone message board.

I’m not one to accept what I’m told, at least not without a lot of (seemingly annoying) follow-up questions. ...
Read more : Copaxone Sting Reduction Technique: A Personal Breakthough | Views : 10671 | Replies : 19

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220284 • Total topics 22795 • Total members 14387

Contact us | Terms of Service