It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:01 am

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

bored and under the influence, lol

this is my son and he has some crazy moves :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eulnhgRCok8

he did not get his dance moves from me!
Read more : bored and under the influence, lol | Views : 2007 | Replies : 7

Random Thoughts

***Apparently my family (parents/siblings) thinks MS is something like the flu or a bad kidney infection. They were lovingly by my side in January when everything went down and I got the dx but since mid-Feb., the subject hasn't come up. I avoid mentioning it because it just sounds whiny but I would like to talk about it sometimes with them. It's as if nothing in the family has changed...but in my life, it seems ...
Read more : Random Thoughts | Views : 2002 | Replies : 9

driver's lisence suspended, voluntarily?

this is sort of long. it's some of my feelings on losing my driver's license. Which at the point isn't much of a big deal, but I'm making it one. Californians love their cars, I guess, Everything is spread out, here.

catlover1968 wrote:
If they only knew........

that's how I've been feeling, as the "lace curtain" and double vision get worse. I've had my share of accidents in the past, but all were due to ...
Read more : driver's lisence suspended, voluntarily? | Views : 2033 | Replies : 6

talk about good music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWovzUEe4l8

this has to be the greatest song neil young ever wrote. i wonder what he was thinking about when he wrote this?
Read more : talk about good music | Views : 15552 | Replies : 87

need to moan

Daily life- I had a bad relapse a fortnight ago and the MS now is a real struggle. Before this I had a pronounced limp but in the scheme of things, it could have been a lot worse.

If only I could believe there will be a cure. I am a single parent, two fab kids and numerous pets. Everything I lived and breathed, how my previous life was ,has gone. On the drop of ...
Read more : need to moan | Views : 1837 | Replies : 9

Three years- what I have learned

April 1, 2006 is the date I consider the beginning of my MS trek. That was not the day of my first symptom nor the day of my diagnosis, but the day I really knew something was wrong. Lew, I thought I'd copy your daily posts in a way, and for a while, post some of the things I've learned in this three years.

First
I have learned that there should never be a period ...
Read more : Three years- what I have learned | Views : 5754 | Replies : 31

Movie Quotes

I didn't want to keep hijacking Lew's gratitude thread, but I didn't want to let this die yet, either.

"Come to my house and listen to the proposition."
"Does this entail me dressing up as Little-Bo-Peep?"
-------------------

"You'll be wearing rubber gloves. Do you own rubber gloves?"
"I rent 'em. I have a lease with an option to buy."
Read more : Movie Quotes | Views : 4122 | Replies : 24

Today in my life

Going to set my flying aside for awhile. Today hang gliding I was not able to lift my leg high enough to get fully into my pod harness. My brother the Eagle joined me for awhile. Had to laugh as to him it must have looked like my talons were out pursuing prey. Tough to hang it up after 31 yrs in this sport. I am so grateful for the people I have met and ...
Read more : Today in my life | Views : 3819 | Replies : 20

Back to the BBQ......

Here is a washing machine I converted into an open pit style bbq. Yesterday was the trial run, with two slabs of ribs. I like to call it the Maytag BBQ. what do ya'll think?
BTW...Ribs came out excellent, and washed down great with some ice cold adult livations! It was too pretty outside here yesterday not to do something outdoors...

Read more : Back to the BBQ...... | Views : 1578 | Replies : 6

tired and want to

-tired of waking up
-tied of the effort to do everything
-tired of my marrige becomming like two roommates sharing a house
-tired of thinking theres only one way to stop this
-just tired
-tired of my knees bouncing all the time
-tired of thinking how my wife and i won't have anything we wanted out of life
-want to stand to put on my pants
-want to stand to brush my teeth
-want to ...