It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:42 am

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

pretty cool little prose

This is good!

Tequila and Salt

This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror

where one could read it every day.

You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world
that you would die for.

2. At least 15 people in this world
love you in some way.

3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you
is because they want to be just ...
Read more : pretty cool little prose | Views : 2072 | Replies : 7

10 minute survey about the psychological impact of MS

Hello,

We are conducting a research study about the psychological impact of living with MS. It is a short 10 minute questionnaire normally completed over the phone and for which we will pay an incentive of 30 Euro for your time.

We have already nearly finished our study, having completed 43 interviews of the 50 required. We require another 7 MS sufferers in Denmark to complete our survey.

If you are able to help please ...
Read more : 10 minute survey about the psychological impact of MS | Views : 1539 | Replies : 0

got an award!

have been freaking a bit about school finances, but just discovered today that about 25% of last term's tuition, which i thought was still owing and never mind the upcoming spring term, has been paid!
it seems like a very long time back, i submitted an essay for an academic perseverance award, and apparently it came through on april 4th!
Read more : got an award! | Views : 3986 | Replies : 17

The Blues strike again ....

The hospital has rejected my application for subsidy for my Rebif injections :( . From now on I have to pay the full US$ 1,705.41 every month in order for me to continue my treatment. That will leave me with just US$73 after deducting that amount frm my salary. :(
MS really sucks the life out of you...emotionally, physically, ...
Read more : The Blues strike again .... | Views : 2087 | Replies : 6

Took Part in the Local Walk MS Event

Hi gang,

I just wanted to share my experience as a first time participant in a MS Walk. Our walk was here in Charlotte this past Saturday, March 29th. I walked on the team my support group has. It's called MIND over Body (MIND = minimally impared/newly diagnosed). The team raised almost $2,800.00 for our local chapter. I surprised myself by raising just over $600.00 from 45 different people, even complete strangers.

I don't know ...
Read more : Took Part in the Local Walk MS Event | Views : 1507 | Replies : 2

Vancouver, BC GP

Does anyone out there live in Vancouver BC and know of a GP that has a lot of experience with people with MS and/or spinal chord injuries?
Read more : Vancouver, BC GP | Views : 2051 | Replies : 5

I need to vent.. sorry

I live in Ottawa , Ont. Canada...
Here, the weather has been affected by the global warming. We have more snow then I have ever seen. The weather is damp... everyday.... EVERYDAY It affects my ms and my joints. I am so fed up of learning how to walk every morning. I know, I should be happy cause I can still work and do so every day but I stumble and have near falls and ...
Read more : I need to vent.. sorry | Views : 4593 | Replies : 22

good news

over the last 6 days (three evenings, three full days) i have managed to achieve my level 2 ski instructor certification!!! whew!!!
Read more : good news | Views : 4943 | Replies : 22

I just want to pee

As I am on Rebif, I have blood work done every three months to monitor liver and thyroid functions. Once a year the Dr. throws in all the other good stuff as well - cholesterol, glucose, fructose, oil levels and PSA.

Well, in Dec. I get a call from the Dr.'s office - my PSA level is up. He refers me to a urologist for further investigation.

So Monday of this week I wake up ...
Read more : I just want to pee | Views : 2252 | Replies : 3

for when we feel sorry for ourselves

well i met up for wings and beer with a long lost high school buddy recently. he was telling me how he'd figured out over the years that the seizures he had suffered were due to lack of sleep, and ever since he realized that, he'd been fine without meds, although he'd given up driving.

so, we stayed up til midnight discussing all the events of the last 15 years, then settled up with the ...
Read more : for when we feel sorry for ourselves | Views : 2218 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219635 • Total topics 22674 • Total members 14291

Contact us | Terms of Service