It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:13 am

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

Blues

Anyone else get the blues this time of year.
Read more : Blues | Views : 2020 | Replies : 4

marathon

My husband ran the 32nd Marine Corps Marathon this past Sunday. He ran it to raise funds for Accelerated Cure Project. He trained for 6 months in the hot, humid Florida weather. His goal (besides just finishing!) was to run the race in less than 5 hours. This was quite a lofty goal for a first time marathoner. His time was 4:58:32! It was an incredible experience, not just for him but for his family ...
Read more : marathon | Views : 2272 | Replies : 6

spasms

The spasms I have in my legs are getting worse my right leg mostly jumps all day long; it is jumping as I write this. Also when I straiten my legs or stand up they hyper extend at my knees and spasm badly in my calves, it is very painful. I have baclofen but it seems in order for it to help I have to take so much that it leaves me useless and unable ...
Read more : spasms | Views : 4538 | Replies : 15

To call or not to call...

This a typical "should I call my neurologist?" question.

I've been on Rebif nine months now. Yesterday I started a brand new symptom, and while it isn't that bad a symptom, it is new.

My left thigh is getting waves of tingles non-stop. Very annoying but harmless.

Is this something I call the neurologist for to get steroids, or do I just mark it in my book and tell him about it at my annual ...
Read more : To call or not to call... | Views : 1703 | Replies : 2

sporting news

Hi all

Nothing to do with ms, but I am just so damn proud, I have to share it. Tonight South Africa won the Rugby World Cup, beating England in the final in France, score 15 - 6!!!!! This is the second time we have won (1995 in South Africa), and we are the only country after Australia to have ever won it twice. We never lost a match throughout this world cup - our ...
Read more : sporting news | Views : 4658 | Replies : 18

The Desiderata

I was walking around Halloween shopping with my family when I came across this prose taped to the bathroom wall of a used bookstore we were perusing. It's amazing where you find inspiriation. I was in a major funk because I was realizing how hard shopping has become for me. There have to be bathrooms close by, my legs just can't take it, and if it's a crowded store, I can't move around well at ...
Read more : The Desiderata | Views : 2327 | Replies : 8

fun fun fun

well my latest diagnosis: carpal tunnel syndrome. back to B complex for me!
Read more : fun fun fun | Views : 2655 | Replies : 11

Dating Venting

I know these forums are often best used for discourse on medications...symptoms...and, a host of other relevant material...however, sometimes i need to use it to get something out of my system...as well as support...and, i guess that is what i am using it for today...

tonight i was faced with a topic that i wrote about a 1/2 year ago...at that time, I was pretty down after an early relationship didn't work out...although the MS ...
Read more : Dating Venting | Views : 5025 | Replies : 24

Poem

Hi there

I just wanted to share this great poem that I read, hope it touches someone else, as it did me :

After A While

by Veronica A. Shoffstall

After a while you learn

the subtle difference between

holding a hand and chaining a soul

and you learn

that love doesn't mean leaning

and company doesn't always mean security.

And you begin to learn

that kisses aren't contracts

and presents aren't promises

and you ...
Read more : Poem | Views : 4110 | Replies : 16

Are mornings bad?

I was just curious if it is common to feel the worst right after you get up in the morning. I was dx'd in 2001 with ppms and as it has progressed, I have noticed that the mornings are brutal. I have strange shuddering symptoms and this profound sense of illness that goes away after I "wake up". For me thats about 2 hrs. This disease produces such different symptoms in each person you never ...
Read more : Are mornings bad? | Views : 3362 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221696 • Total topics 23016 • Total members 14540

Contact us | Terms of Service