It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:04 pm

News News of Daily Life

Site map of Daily Life » Forum : Daily Life

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

i am MAD!

grr i'm so pissed off at my work right now that i don't know if i'll go back next winter! how petty am i, to get this pissed off about staff recognition awards! but i'm really mad!!
Read more : i am MAD! | Views : 2049 | Replies : 4

My possible walk for Myelin repaire Foundation

Hi
Lately I have been feeling like I need to do something in order to make it faster for these researchers to get the money they need to start pumping out the drugs. I wanted to organize a sponsored walk for the myelin Repair foundation. I have actually never done anything like that and don't really know where to start. I did email them a few days ago but have not received a reply. Tried ...
Read more : My possible walk for Myelin repaire Foundation | Views : 2118 | Replies : 8

What I'd do differently

Hi All,

I wanted to put a few thoughts down, given what I have read on the other thread about a poor guy breaking up with his girlfriend, over MS and the very strong opinions being expressed by others. I'm not wanting to venture into anyone else's relationship but to just give my own views on the matter of being in a relationship when at least one party has MS. What I have to say ...
Read more : What I'd do differently | Views : 4723 | Replies : 18

yahoo, landed great coop job!

i'm so excited, i just got home from a symposium in toronto to the news in my email that i landed a summer placement with environment canada's biodiversity convention office! and i might even get to work on article 8j, omg i envisioned working on this stuff when i applied to the program - and it's all coming true!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
Read more : yahoo, landed great coop job! | Views : 2304 | Replies : 8

Wheelchair in New York?

Hi, I am 46-year old man with MS from Helsinki (Finland, Scandinavia) and I am planning to make trip with my wife (not MS) to New York City next may.
I can still walk about 1-300 meters, but I prefer wheelchair on a longer distances.
We could rent an appartment which is located in Harlem 125. street Manhattan.
I'd appreciate any information, hints or links somebody could give me about using subway or buses etc.? ...
Read more : Wheelchair in New York? | Views : 2172 | Replies : 6

bored

okay i'm bored. i don't like three out of four of my classes this semester. two of them i know the stuff mostly already, and one i don't want to know the stuff.

my job is killer, 27, 29 hours a week, just between friday afternoon and sunday afternoon (at least i actually kind of like it there even though it's stressful as hell), on top of 5 2-hr+ round trip commutes to school per ...
Read more : bored | Views : 1698 | Replies : 4

yucko

oh great. to add to my list of fun things to deal with, now i have a staphylococcus aureus infection. it's hard to research because it's normally hanging out on us anyway, and also because of the food-poisoning and methicillin resistant blabbedy-blah all over google. the connection i've found so far: neutrophil leukocytes. but i don't understand, and i'm tired of trying to figure it all out. is this what has been screwing up my ...
Read more : yucko | Views : 2435 | Replies : 7

Could I now be SPMS??

Hi everyone :) I have had MS for 13 years, so I am not new to the disease.

However, I am concerned that ever since my last relapse this past April, I have not been the same. Mosty it was my leg/foot was affected (had to get AFO) and that did come back.

However, I did develope daily tremors, spasms, pain, fatigue issues that remain to this ...
Read more : Could I now be SPMS?? | Views : 2934 | Replies : 14

Watch Out, for colds

Just getting over a cold but It knocked me down (in bed) for day's. I ran some errands yesterday and feel like I'm dying now.

It seems like little illness' get magnified if you have MS. Then you start to wonder if this is just the way it will be from now on. Before you realize it you've a bigger emotional problem than the original cold ever was. So.
as I said.

Watch out for ...
Read more : Watch Out, for colds | Views : 1908 | Replies : 7

work at last!

wahooooooooo! finally the temperature dropped enough for me to work! the hill opens on saturday! i can't believe after all the 2006 crap that i am still employed as a ski instructor in 2007. haha, nature is still trying to keep me off snow but NO LONGER!
Read more : work at last! | Views : 2691 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218648 • Total topics 22529 • Total members 14176