It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:30 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Well, at least there are a lot of early-stage treatments getting mentioned in the press right now -- it's better than nothing...

Argos Therapeutics, Beckman Coulter Sign License Agreement; CD83 Licensure to Advance Work on Autoimmune Disorders, Transplant Rejection Therapy

BUSINESS WIRE - April 26, 2006 - Argos Therapeutics, a company pioneering new approaches in immunotherapy, announced today that it has entered into an agreement with California-based Beckman Coulter granting Argos exclusive therapeutic use rights ...
Read more : CD83 | Views : 1226 | Replies : 0

Here's another one I just stumbled across that I think qualifies for pre-clinical...

Hormone regulation of microglial cell activation: relevance to multiple sclerosis.

Brain Res Brain Res Rev. 2005 Apr;48(2):322-7. Epub 2005 Jan 19.
Drew PD, Storer PD, Xu J, Chavis JA.
Department of Neurobiology and Developmental Sciences-Slot 510, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Shorey Building, Little Rock, 72205, USA.

Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) are members of the ...
Read more : 15d-PGJ(2) | Views : 1978 | Replies : 4

Methylthioadenosine (whatever that means)

Sounds like this research is still in the early stages, but they mention that MTA could be of benefit in MS, so I think it will go in the "pre-clinical" section of the pipeline.

Protective action of a molecule in inflammatory processes discovered

Henar Hevia Pérez, researcher in the area of Genic Therapy and Hepatology at the Applied Medicine Research Centre (CIMA)of the University of Navarra, has discovered the protective role of the methylthioadenosine (MTA) ...
Read more : Methylthioadenosine (whatever that means) | Views : 1224 | Replies : 0

Novartis published first quarter results today. The following info was provided on FTY720:

FTY720 (fingolimod), an oral once-daily treatment for relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), is currently in Phase III development. Discussions are continuing with the FDA on starting a Phase III study in the US. Data from an extension of a Phase II trial to 18 months presented in April confirmed the substantial efficacy of FTY720 in significantly reducing the relapse rate and ...
Read more : FTY720 | Views : 1678 | Replies : 1

Neurovax presentation

Here is a link to a presentation on the Immune Response Corp's website about their clinical pipeline, including Neurovax. Not sure if there's anything new here, but it was nice to see their timeline for the upcoming phase IIb Neurovax trial.

if that doesn't work, this one might (select the link at the end of the first paragraph):
Read more : Neurovax presentation | Views : 1668 | Replies : 0

Transition Therapeutics

I stumbled across Transition Therapeutics (Canadian company). They have the following drug/s? in trial. Not sure if it / they are on your list?

Clinical Development

A Phase II clinical trial is underway in MS patients with data expected in the second half of calendar 2006. A Phase I clinical trial has demonstrated that EMZ701 is well-tolerated and has a good safety profile.

Creating Best-In-Class Multiple Sclerosis Product

Transition is developing MS-I.E.T. (a ...
Read more : Transition Therapeutics | Views : 1403 | Replies : 1

Intrathecal Methotrexate

Is anyone else on this treatment? I have received two infusions so far with no adverse effects. My neurologist STRONGLY recommended that I start this unapproved treatment. I did really well on Mito, but I have reached the maximum number of doses - and my MRI is a mess again. He feels these treatments will keep my disease in check until tyserbi reaches the market. I still feel like a guinea pig, starting a new ...
Read more : Intrathecal Methotrexate | Views : 2479 | Replies : 5

A trial combining treatments. Not really exciting but may prove useful.

Two MS drugs better than one?
Mon 17 Apr 2006 12:01 PM CST

Enrollment has begun for CombiRx, a clinical trial that will examine the effectiveness of two medications taken in combination to treat relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved both drugs.

Sponsored by the Bethesda, Md.-based National Institutes of Health, the ...
Read more : CombiRX | Views : 1443 | Replies : 0

PharmaFrontiers Corp, a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, announced today that the Company will make a poster presentation at the 2006 Annual Meeting of the Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies (FOCIS) at the San Francisco Marriott on June 3, 2006.
The presentation will cover laboratory and clinical data from the Company's proprietary T-cell vaccination technology for the treatment of the autoimmune disease, multiple sclerosis and is entitled:

"Characterization and Clinical ...
Read more : Tovaxin | Views : 1421 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228651 • Total topics 24190 • Total members 15486

Contact us | Terms of Service