It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 am

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Anti-inflammatory

Only trialled on mice, may not reach the market until 5-10 years time.

But could be another move in the right direction.

Inflammatory diseases drug developed 08 February 2006

Australian scientists say they have developed a drug that may help prevent and reverse debilitating inflammatory diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis.

The new drug, developed by the Garvan Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, also could help sufferers of multiple sclerosis (MS), asthma, sepsis, heart attack ...
Read more : Anti-inflammatory | Views : 1384 | Replies : 1

Enrollment for Phase II trial of MN-166 complete

Progress...

MediciNova Announces Completion of Enrollment in a Phase II Multiple Sclerosis Trial With MN-166

Feb. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- MediciNova, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company that is publicly traded on the Hercules Market of the Osaka Securities Exchange (Code Number: 4875), today announced completion of enrollment of 297 patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS) in its Phase II clinical trial of MN-166.

MN-166 is a novel, orally administered compound being evaluated for the treatment of ...
Read more : Enrollment for Phase II trial of MN-166 complete | Views : 1315 | Replies : 0

Hype? Rituximab

As we all know there are multitudes of drugs in trial.

Rituximab is being trialled with RR, SP and PP sufferers. Although other threads have discussed the possibility of MS being one disease with the immune system response / or not, differentiating between the various types.

The media coverage of Rituximab has been very upbeat as illustrated below:

"In patients who have been treated with rituximab and haven't responded to other treatments, Dr. Stuve says, ...
Read more : Hype? Rituximab | Views : 2045 | Replies : 3

Anyone Using IVIGs?

My neuro has suggested IVIG (intravenous immunoglobulins) for my MS.

I have seen some information out there on the internet about IVIG used for MS in Europe and Israel. But no one seems to know much about it.

Anyone using IVIGs out there?
Read more : Anyone Using IVIGs? | Views : 1472 | Replies : 1

Anyone Using Cellcept?

I have been on Cellcept (2g daily) for over a year now. I also take Avonex. This has coincided with a quiet period in my MS but I do not know if I can attribute this to the Cellcept.

Most doctors are familiar with Cellcept for rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, as well as its intended uses for organ transplant patients.

Any other Cellcept users out there?
Read more : Anyone Using Cellcept? | Views : 2284 | Replies : 2

FDA Makes Earliest Stages Of Clinical Trials More Efficient

An interesting FDA development that could speed the drug approval process in the US...

FDA Issues Advice to Make Earliest Stages Of Clinical Drug Development More Efficient

January 12, 2006 - The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today announced steps to advance the earliest phases of clinical research in the development of innovative medical treatments. FDA’s goal is to improve the process for bringing safe and effective drugs for potentially serious and life-threatening diseases, such ...
Read more : FDA Makes Earliest Stages Of Clinical Trials More Efficient | Views : 1532 | Replies : 2

HSCT

Like many I want to halt this curse until some better treatments come along. I share the views of this guy who posted on the BCP site:

HSCT

This procedure is very efficious on early RRMS patients, when inflammation dominates. As the spectrum shifts from inflammatory in nature to progressive, it becomes less effective. It is not at all effective for primary progressive MS. Data suggest inflammation is held in check for at least 5-6 ...
Read more : HSCT | Views : 1302 | Replies : 0

MS drugs

Dear all,

The UK has an MS website called MSRC. They have a list of drugs (licenced and it trial) on the site. The list isn't anywhere near as comprehensive as Dignans, but when you click on each drug there is a link to press articles etc.

Tovaxin, Neurovax and Rituximab look the best of the bunch to me.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... N=57563484

Ian
Read more : MS drugs | Views : 1960 | Replies : 4

ACTS

Read more : ACTS | Views : 1124 | Replies : 0

Rituximab

Read more : Rituximab | Views : 1295 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220281 • Total topics 22795 • Total members 14387

Contact us | Terms of Service