It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:50 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

MBP8298 update

This sounds promising, although they don't provide much information here...

BioMS Medical's MBP8298 Shows Five-year Delay of Disease Progression in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis

March 7, 2006- BioMS Medical today announced that its proprietary drug candidate MBP8298 delayed disease progression for five years in progressive MS patients with HLA-DR2 or HLA-DR4 immune response genes.

Treatment and follow-up of patients from a phase II clinical study demonstrated that patients in this DR2 and DR4 responder group, ...
Read more : MBP8298 update | Views : 1273 | Replies : 1

MBP8298 Encouraging Results

Very encouraging results for disease progression from its phase II study! Hopefully this pans out with the phase II/III which they are now enrolling.

Original link:
http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/060307/bioms_s ... .html?.v=1

Dunmann.

BioMS Medical's MBP8298 shows five-year delay of disease progression in patients with multiple sclerosis
Tuesday March 7, 8:55 am ET

-Results to be presented at the American Academy of Neurology April 4, 2006-
Toronto Stock Exchange Symbol: MS
EDMONTON, ...
Read more : MBP8298 Encouraging Results | Views : 1128 | Replies : 0

NNZ-2566

I have previously posted articles relating to Neuren Pharmaceuticals. Much of their research focuses on neuro-protection. Their website states that:

"The compounds developed by Neuren have application not only to acute brain injuries associated with stroke, cardiopulmonary bypass surgery (CPB) and traumatic brain injury but also in chronic neurological conditions such as Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease and Multiple Sclerosis".

Their first key drug, Glypromate, is in Phase 2 trials (with the US Army). The company ...
Read more : NNZ-2566 | Views : 1210 | Replies : 0

Rituximab / Rituxin

I have posted before on Rituximab which is being trialled in PP, SP and RR MS. The FDA has just approved Rituximab for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Rituximab targets the B cells which are now thought to be involved in MS. If the trials for MS do prove promising then I imagine approval might be speedier as it has been approved for eight years for cancer and now for RA.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j477773853&w=464753 ...
Read more : Rituximab / Rituxin | Views : 2400 | Replies : 4

symadex

Read more : symadex | Views : 1379 | Replies : 0

Betaseron for CIS

These stories make me angry and happy at the same tiime. In the last year the CRAB manufacturers have tried to convince us that their therapies should be continued when the dreaded SP MS has been reached, there was news of a trial combining one of the beta-interferons with Copaxone, and now they want us to start them before dx of MS. That's the angry bit - they are trying to milk as much as ...
Read more : Betaseron for CIS | Views : 1337 | Replies : 0

Genomed

Dignan,

Hadn't heard of this one. I'm always wary of trial with one person. I love the bit that say's GenoMed conducts trials for free, and then charges $800 per patient per year once results have been published. What if the results say that the drug was crap and had no effect?

Ian

GenoMed Trial Results: Multiple Sclerosis - From Two Relapses a Year to None in 16 Months 23 February 2006

ST. LOUIS, GenoMed, ...
Read more : Genomed | Views : 1811 | Replies : 3

Fampridine

Does anyone know when we can expect Fampridine to be approved for MS? The person who was screening trial participants a few months ago told me that it would be later this year.
Read more : Fampridine | Views : 3612 | Replies : 7

laquinimod

From memory this drug is in human trials but they are still testing it on mice, with the usual good results.

But I think what they are trying to say is you can take it with the interferons - in other words double your money for the drugs companies (but will be packaged as more effective combination treatments).

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... of_th.html
Read more : laquinimod | Views : 1410 | Replies : 0

Promising info on Symadex

Click below:

<shortened url>
Read more : Promising info on Symadex | Views : 1267 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222298 • Total topics 23088 • Total members 14617

Contact us | Terms of Service