It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:04 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Rituximab / Rituxin

I have posted before on Rituximab which is being trialled in PP, SP and RR MS. The FDA has just approved Rituximab for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Rituximab targets the B cells which are now thought to be involved in MS. If the trials for MS do prove promising then I imagine approval might be speedier as it has been approved for eight years for cancer and now for RA.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j477773853&w=464753 ...
Read more : Rituximab / Rituxin | Views : 2393 | Replies : 4

symadex

Read more : symadex | Views : 1373 | Replies : 0

Betaseron for CIS

These stories make me angry and happy at the same tiime. In the last year the CRAB manufacturers have tried to convince us that their therapies should be continued when the dreaded SP MS has been reached, there was news of a trial combining one of the beta-interferons with Copaxone, and now they want us to start them before dx of MS. That's the angry bit - they are trying to milk as much as ...
Read more : Betaseron for CIS | Views : 1333 | Replies : 0

Genomed

Dignan,

Hadn't heard of this one. I'm always wary of trial with one person. I love the bit that say's GenoMed conducts trials for free, and then charges $800 per patient per year once results have been published. What if the results say that the drug was crap and had no effect?

Ian

GenoMed Trial Results: Multiple Sclerosis - From Two Relapses a Year to None in 16 Months 23 February 2006

ST. LOUIS, GenoMed, ...
Read more : Genomed | Views : 1808 | Replies : 3

Fampridine

Does anyone know when we can expect Fampridine to be approved for MS? The person who was screening trial participants a few months ago told me that it would be later this year.
Read more : Fampridine | Views : 3605 | Replies : 7

laquinimod

From memory this drug is in human trials but they are still testing it on mice, with the usual good results.

But I think what they are trying to say is you can take it with the interferons - in other words double your money for the drugs companies (but will be packaged as more effective combination treatments).

http://www.msif.org/en/research/researc ... of_th.html
Read more : laquinimod | Views : 1403 | Replies : 0

Promising info on Symadex

Click below:

<shortened url>
Read more : Promising info on Symadex | Views : 1265 | Replies : 0

Nutra Pharma reports Preclincal

here is an important paragraph from their press release -- you can find the whole release on their site at http://www.nutrapharma.com --

The study was conducted by researchers in the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Saskatchewan. The lead researcher, Associate Professor Dr. Adel Mohamed, reported that the preliminary results indicate that RPI-78M inhibited the development of acute as well as the relapsing phases of ...
Read more : Nutra Pharma reports Preclincal | Views : 1734 | Replies : 3

Neurovax update

The Immune Response Corporation Announces New Business Strategy; Emphasizes Focus on Promising MS Treatment and Second Generation HIV Therapy

2/8/2006 - The Immune Response Corporation (OTCBB:IMNR) announced today that its management and the Board of Directors are implementing a new corporate and clinical strategy designed to position the Company for long-term success by more effectively leveraging its core immune-based technology for autoimmune and infectious diseases. Specifically, this strategy will focus on the accelerated development of ...
Read more : Neurovax update | Views : 1386 | Replies : 0

Update on MBP8298

Doesn't really say much about the effectiveness of the tratment

BioMS Medical's pivotal Multiple Sclerosis trial receives third positive review from Data Safety Monitoring Board 07 February 2006

EDMONTON, Feb. 7 /CNW/ - BioMS Medical Corp. a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), today announced that following the third meeting of the independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB), the Company has received a recommendation to continue its pivotal phase II/III clinical ...
Read more : Update on MBP8298 | Views : 1386 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221749 • Total topics 23023 • Total members 14545

Contact us | Terms of Service