It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:56 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Synta

Dignan,

Trials not for MS, but something to keep in mind.

Ian

Synta launches human trials for anti-inflammatory drug

Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. has launched two new midstage human clinical trials to test an anti-inflammatory drug.
The Lexington, Mass.-based private company said it had began dosing patients in two separate Phase II trials regarding the compound apilimod mesylate. One trial will focus on rheumatoid arthritis and the other will target common variable immunodeficiency, a condition ...
Read more : Synta | Views : 1386 | Replies : 0

Serum

Dignan,

I think the following can be moved from Phase I to Phase II.

Ian

Cambrex to Produce Serum for Trial

Cambrex to Make Serum for Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Autoimmune Disease Study.

Cambrex Corp. said Tuesday one of its subsidiaries will produce a serum for a Merrimack Pharmaceuticals clinical study on autoimmune disease treatments.

The subsidiary, Cambrex Bio Science Hopkinton Inc., will produce trial quantities of Merrimack's lead drug candidate, MM-093, for the Phase II ...
Read more : Serum | Views : 1620 | Replies : 1

Bone Marrow Transplantation

The following appeared on the Canada MS Society 'Ask an Expert' section. The answer was given by Dr Mark Freedman who is oversseing the project. It's good to see that those who have been througt it have not seen a recurrence of their MS and some have seen improvements.

Ian

Q :

A few months ago I saw a program on W-5 about MS patients who were undergoing bone marrow transplantation. Can you tell me ...
Read more : Bone Marrow Transplantation | Views : 1551 | Replies : 1

Allon drugs

Scientific Paper Confirms Mechanism of Allon's Drugs

Allon Therapeutics Inc., The Neuro Protection Company(TM), today announced that results of a preclinical study published in the Journal of Molecular Neuroscience demonstrate that the cellular mechanism that gives neuroprotective properties to its clinical-stage products also occurs in the Company's pipeline of preclinical-stage product candidates.
Dr. Illana Gozes, Chief Scientific Officer of Allon and the corresponding author for the study, said the neuroprotective activity of the Company's ...
Read more : Allon drugs | Views : 1608 | Replies : 0

p75NTR

Mentions other brain disease, so I'm assuming MS included.

The really interesting bit is:

"In further tests, the research team discovered that the compounds can also inhibit the death of oligodendrocytes, the cells in the central nervous system that form myelin, the insulating sheath surrounding nerve cells.

Normally, oligodendrocytes die when exposed to proneurotrophins – precursor forms of neurotrophins that have been implicated as agents of tissue damage in multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury and ...
Read more : p75NTR | Views : 1488 | Replies : 0

Extracorporeal photochemotherapy

Never heard of this treatment before.

Extracorporeal photochemotherapy: a safety and tolerability pilot study with preliminary efficacy results in refractory relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.

Neurol Sci. 2006 Apr;27(1):24-32.
Cavaletti G, Perseghin P, Dassi M, Cavarretta R, Frigo M, Caputo D, Stanzani L, Tagliabue E, Zoia C, Grimaldi M, Isella V, Rota S, Ferrarese C, Frattola L.
D.N.T.B., University of Milano-Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, I-20052, Monza (MI), Italy.

Extracorporeal photochemotherapy (ECP) is an immunomodulating procedure consisting of ...
Read more : Extracorporeal photochemotherapy | Views : 1591 | Replies : 1

AlphaRX

AlphaRx Enters a Collaboration to Develop Novel Compounds for Central Nervous System Disorders

AlphaRx and PharmaSeed Collaborate to Develop New Drugs From a New Class of Small Molecules for the Potential Treatment of Central Nervous System Disorders Such as Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis.

AlphaRx Inc., an emerging biopharmaceutical company, announced today that it has entered into a collaboration with PharmaSeed Ltd. of Israel, a bio-pharmaceutical company specializing in drug discovery and early development phases for ...
Read more : AlphaRX | Views : 1269 | Replies : 0

Winter_2006_Progress_Summary from MRF

I had mailed Myelin Reasearch Foundation (MRF) about their winter progress update on research, since i didn't find them on their website. They replied within a day. Below is their response.

I was not able to upload the PDF document they had mailed me, so i am just adding the contents by copy & paste
-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Gopi,

I'm responding to your inquiry about research progress updates. We are having trouble updating our website, so ...
Read more : Winter_2006_Progress_Summary from MRF | Views : 1443 | Replies : 0

Epratuzumab

Another one that's in phase III for lupus and they are talking about testing in other autoimmune diseases, including MS.

Immunomedics licenses drug to UCB

MAY. 10 - Business Week - Shares of Immunomedics Inc. jumped Wednesday when the biotech company said it agreed to license its lead product to Belgian biotech drug maker UCB for the treatment of immune system diseases.

Immunomedics shares rose 42 cents, or almost 15 percent, to $3.28 in morning ...
Read more : Epratuzumab | Views : 1691 | Replies : 1

Cytoxan and Novantrone

A research paper on Cytoxan and Novantrone.

<shortened url>

Both these treatments are cancer treatments. And also Campath and Caldribine are cancer drugs. This might be a stupid question - but what is cancer? Who says that MS isn't a blood cancer? It just seems odd that cancer treatments have some effect?

Ian
Read more : Cytoxan and Novantrone | Views : 1787 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234254 • Total topics 25185 • Total members 16406

Contact us | Terms of Service