It is currently Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:47 am

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

CF101

This is primarily in testing for RA, but they are planning trials in MS patients too...

CanFite BioPharma aims to raise NIS 50 million

May 9, 2006 - Israel Business Arena Via Thomson Dialog NewsEdge - Drug development company Can Fite BioPharma Ltd. published a draft flotation prospectus on Sunday for the raising of NIS 30 million and a further NIS 20 million in a future offering through the exercising of warrants. Founded in 2000 ...
Read more : CF101 | Views : 1321 | Replies : 0

Rituxin

Just for information:

I've been corresponding with my 'good' neuro about EBV and MS. I mentioned that some PP sufferers on another site were reporting good results from Rituxin (anectodal stuff, but many claimed progression had been halted).

This neuro said he was hopeful about Rituxin as it targets B-cells - one of the places where EBV lives. Just his opinion - but it will be interesting to see if the trial results (interim results) ...
Read more : Rituxin | Views : 1575 | Replies : 0

nutrition

From early trial research it seems that it is possible to stop/slow the advance of MS from nutritional inputs. (Not vitamin or mineral supplements or any "left-field" products; food based only, normal produce) Additionally, these inputs lessen the severity of tremor related strikes and fatigue related to tremor related strikes. Seeking participants in larger clinical trial. Diet inputs only, no experimental drugs or drug regimes. Localized areas only.
Read more : nutrition | Views : 1349 | Replies : 0

BHT-3009 Phase II trial begins dosing

Bayhill doses patients with multiple sclerosis in phase II trial, raises $15.8M

Science Letter - May. 12, 2006

Bayhill Therapeutics, Inc., has begun dosing patients with BHT-3009, the company's experimental drug candidate, in a phase II company sponsored trial for multiple sclerosis.

The phase II study is a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled evaluation with an MRI endpoint. In a related development, current investors indicated strong support for Bayhill's antigen-specific tolerance platform by raising an additional $15.8 ...
Read more : BHT-3009 Phase II trial begins dosing | Views : 1480 | Replies : 0

Phase III Trial of Oral Cladribine Starts

Phase III Trial of Oral Cladribine, a Novel Investigational Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis, Begins in the United States
Thursday May 4, 8:17 am ET
Nationwide Recruitment Begins at Sites Across the U.S.

ROCKLAND, Mass. and GENEVA, May 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Serono (virt-x: SEO and NYSE: SRA) announced today that recruitment in the U.S. is beginning for the Phase III CLARITY study (CLAdRIbine Tablets in Treating MS OrallY Study) of oral cladribine for the treatment of ...
Read more : Phase III Trial of Oral Cladribine Starts | Views : 2392 | Replies : 6

MBP8298

Not big news, but it's another hurdle jumped...

BioMS Medical's pivotal multiple sclerosis trial receives fourth positive review from Data Safety Monitoring Board

May 3 - CNW - BioMS Medical today announced that following the fourth meeting of the independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB), the Company has received a recommendation to continue its pivotal phase II/III clinical trial for MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.

"The recommendation by the independent DSMB ...
Read more : MBP8298 | Views : 3089 | Replies : 5

Allon Therapeutics

They say they plan to initiate phase II trials in 2006, and that there will be multiple trials, so I hope they include MS...

Allon Therapeutics Presents CSF and Bioavailability Data at IBC's TIDES 2006

CCNMatthews - May 2, 2006 - Allon Therapeutics Inc. has presented a case study during IBC's "TIDES 2006: Oligonucleotide and Peptide Technology and Product Development" in Carlsbad, California.

This pre-clinical study confirmed that Allon's drug candidates penetrate the blood brain ...
Read more : Allon Therapeutics | Views : 1463 | Replies : 0

Blockbusters

They are talking about "blockbusters" for MS over the next 10 years. I think that means a drug with over US$ 1 billion in annual revenues. They may be right that there aren't any on the horizon for MS, but I don't think it's correct that there won't be any new drugs in the next 10 years which are far more effective than anything we have today, including Tysabri.

FDA's Likely Approval to Relaunch Tysabri, ...
Read more : Blockbusters | Views : 1961 | Replies : 5

New treatments

Came across this list of treatments - probably a bit out of date but a good summary.

Ian

http://msrrtc.washington.edu/resources/NewMSDrugs.asp
Read more : New treatments | Views : 1953 | Replies : 2

CD83

Well, at least there are a lot of early-stage treatments getting mentioned in the press right now -- it's better than nothing...

Argos Therapeutics, Beckman Coulter Sign License Agreement; CD83 Licensure to Advance Work on Autoimmune Disorders, Transplant Rejection Therapy

BUSINESS WIRE - April 26, 2006 - Argos Therapeutics, a company pioneering new approaches in immunotherapy, announced today that it has entered into an agreement with California-based Beckman Coulter granting Argos exclusive therapeutic use rights ...
Read more : CD83 | Views : 1368 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233874 • Total topics 25118 • Total members 16297

Contact us | Terms of Service