It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:12 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

A new angle: using RNA

This sounds like a different way of treating MS that has potential.

A Novel Method of Modifying Immune Responses By Vaccination With Lipiodol-siRNA Mixtures.

J Transl Med. 2006 Jan 3;4(1):2
Ichim TE, Popov IA, Riordan NH, Izadi H, Zhong Z, Yijian L, Sher S, Oleinik EK.

ABSTRACT: The dendritic cell (DC) possesses the ability to stimulate both T helper 1 (Th1) and Th2 responses depending on activation stimuli. Although it is ...
Read more : A new angle: using RNA | Views : 1144 | Replies : 0

EPO

EPO is in pre-clinical studies for MS. This abstract talks about a modified version that would possibly have fewer side effects...

Delayed administration of erythropoietin and its non-erythropoietic derivatives ameliorates chronic murine autoimmune encephalomyelitis.

J Neuroimmunol. 2005 Dec 6;
Savino C, Pedotti R, Baggi F, Ubiali F, Gallo B, Nava S, Bigini P, Barbera S, Fumagalli E, Mennini T, Vezzani A, Rizzi M, Coleman T, Cerami A, Brines M, Ghezzi P, Bianchi R.
"Mario Negri" ...
Read more : EPO | Views : 1373 | Replies : 0

Nutra Pharma Reports Discovery of New Gene Involved in MS

This came out today!

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 19, 2005--Nutra Pharma Corp., (OTCBB:NPHC) a biotechnology holding company that owns rights to intellectual property related to the development of drugs for HIV and Multiple Sclerosis (MS) has announced that their continuing microarray studies have identified a new gene involved in the disease process of Multiple Sclerosis. Although the gene and some of its functions are already known, this is the first evidence of involvement with the ...
Read more : Nutra Pharma Reports Discovery of New Gene Involved in MS | Views : 1232 | Replies : 0

BHT-3009

This is old news, but Bayhill just decided to do this press release I guess...

Scientists Demonstrate Investigational MS Drug Down Regulates the Underlying Cause Believed Responsible for Multiple Sclerosis

BUSINESS WIRE - Dec. 19, 2005 - Scientists at Bayhill Therapeutics report promising findings for an investigational multiple sclerosis (MS) drug, BHT-3009, which represents a novel DNA plasmid-based approach for the treatment of the life-threatening disease.

In a number of patients with myelin basic protein ...
Read more : BHT-3009 | Views : 2305 | Replies : 1

List of current drug trials

I saw this list on another MS board forum. I am sorry if this is a repeat. It was first available in September, therefore, they are probably new drugs to be added. The credit for putting this list together should go to Jay.

"MS Disease-Modifying Meds"

( Approved Meds )

1. Avonex (interferon beta 1a)
2. Betaseron (interferon beta 1b)
3. Copaxone (glatiramir acetate)
4. Novantrone (mitoxantrone)
5. Rebif (interferon beta 1a)

Treatments ( not ...
Read more : List of current drug trials | Views : 2133 | Replies : 1

Questions about FTY720

I’m trying to decide if I will participate in the phase III clinical trial of FTY720. I need to decide now, even if the clinical trial should only begin in March. That’s because there must be a 3 month wash-out period (no interferon or glatiramer acetate) before the screening visit for the Phase 3 FTY720 study. I’ve been on Copaxone for 4.5 years but I had 2 relapses this year. Like most people here, I ...
Read more : Questions about FTY720 | Views : 10697 | Replies : 31

cannaboids

I hope I haven't posted this before:

Marijuana derivatives or "cannabinoids" taken for one year for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS) may reduce muscle spasms and other aspects of disability, results of a UK study suggest.

Dr. J. P. Zajicek, from Peninsula Medical School in Plymouth and colleagues previously reported that cannabinoids taken for 14 weeks appeared to improve mobility and patients' perception of their MS symptoms. In an extension study, 80 percent of ...
Read more : cannaboids | Views : 1504 | Replies : 1

CCR2 antagonists

They are offering me a study on this now. Does anyone know of this category of meds. I read a bit on them on the net. They have one made by Pfizer called INCB3284. Apparently it stops the macrophages from causing too
much damage at the site of the inflammation. Little side effects reported.
Given by infusion.... My neurologist decided not to do the study on FTY720! (very upsetting)

so, they offer me this..Any info ...
Read more : CCR2 antagonists | Views : 2572 | Replies : 10

Prognosis for future patients

Is the general feeling that those who will be diagnosed 5 years from today will benefit greatly from todays drug pipeline and perhaps never see any significant disability? It seems as if the scientific community has learned more about MS over the past 10 years than the past 100 years prior to that and hopefully one of the drugs in dignan's pipeline is the breakthrough that stops MS progression (and not just reduces relapses by ...
Read more : Prognosis for future patients | Views : 3999 | Replies : 16

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219643 • Total topics 22675 • Total members 14291

Contact us | Terms of Service