It is currently Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:40 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Completed Phase II trial of oral IFN-alpha

Interesting that this talks about a completed phase II trial of an oral treatment. I hope if they do another trial it will be phase III.

Ingested (oral) IFN-alpha represses TNF-alpha mRNA in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.

J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2006 Mar;26(3):150-5.
Brod SA, Nguyen M, Hood Z, Shipley GL.
Department of Neurology, University of Texas-Houston, Health Science Center (UTHHSC), Houston, TX 77030, USA. staley.a.brod@uth.tmc.edu

In a phase II trial ...
Read more : Completed Phase II trial of oral IFN-alpha | Views : 1662 | Replies : 2

Neurovax news

The additions to the board are impressive e.g Antel and Bourdette. These T-Reg cells keep cropping up and were mentioned in the Zenapax (Dacluzimab) article recently posted.

PS Where has my workmate Dignan gone? Good to see that Dunmann is taking up the slack. This time next week I will be in Mauritius so I'll be expecting Dignan to start getting his hands dirty again.

Ian

Prestigious Board to Guide Research and Development of NeuroVax(TM) ...
Read more : Neurovax news | Views : 1294 | Replies : 0

Tovaxin

The company behind Tovaxin are presenting data at a conference in early May

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j496703398&w=464753
Read more : Tovaxin | Views : 1273 | Replies : 0

Zenapax (Daclizumab)

Hopes raised for effectiveness of Multiple Sclerosis drug

A national research team led by the University of Cincinnati's Bibiana Bielekova, MD, report new insights into how anti-rejection drug helps MS patients
Discovery of the mechanism of a drug being tested for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS) has revealed that it's not only more effective than first thought, but might also help in the management of other autoimmune diseases, organ transplant rejection and even cancer. ...
Read more : Zenapax (Daclizumab) | Views : 2242 | Replies : 7

NNZ-2566

This is one of the drugs in the pipeline at Neuren. It is a neuro-protective drug and pre-clinical results look promising. I think it has just entered into Phase 1 human trials.

See 22 March news on the company's website.

Let's hope that the human trial results are as good

<shortened url>
Read more : NNZ-2566 | Views : 1366 | Replies : 0

Laquinimod

Research article on Laquinimod. Good at reducing lesions but no impact on disability (isn't this what we want?)

<shortened url>
Read more : Laquinimod | Views : 1238 | Replies : 0

Oral Copaxone

Darn it... Just get me a pill! I hate these d*mn Rebif injections!!!!!!

<shortened url>
Read more : Oral Copaxone | Views : 1552 | Replies : 1

Rituximab

Rituximab (Rituxin) is currently being trialled for PP, SP, RR MS and targets the B cells.

Rituximab was recently approved (by the FDA) for use in severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. RA seems to have some similarities to MS in that there is differences in the levels of severity and different responses to treatments.

The following article is about Rituximab (renamed Mabthera) for RA.

Ian

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 71,00.html
Read more : Rituximab | Views : 1982 | Replies : 4

Vaccine

Dignan,

A T cell vaccine (like Tovaxin) being trialled in Israel. Lokks like reults might be out in a few months.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j490577852&w=464753

Ian
Read more : Vaccine | Views : 1708 | Replies : 3

Sativex - not much use for spasticity

GW Pharma slumped today after the maker of cannabis medicines revealed some disappointing results from a recent Sativex study.
The company reported that results from Phase III studies into the cannabis-based medicine Sativex failed to reach statistical significance.

The trial was supposed to identify whether Sativex could be used to treat the relief of spasticity in people with Multiple Sclerosis.

"Analysis of the Intention to Treat population - incorporating all patients regardless of whether they ...
Read more : Sativex - not much use for spasticity | Views : 1272 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226710 • Total topics 23879 • Total members 15153

Contact us | Terms of Service