It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 am

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

dignan, about alferon

Here's an update:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/conf ... ill_en.pdf , see p 17

Alferon N, or interferon alfa N-3, is in phase IIa testing by Hemispherx Biopharma. This form of interferon is derived from human leukocytes and contains at least 14 alpha interferon molecules. In a retrospective, uncontrolled study, brain MRI with gadolinium contrast enhancement was performed in 69 patients treated with MS, including 38 who declined treatment with interferon alfa-n3, and ...
Read more : dignan, about alferon | Views : 1272 | Replies : 0

Glucosamine

Dignan has already highlighted the research about this supplement. Here is another summary of the research:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=34218

By coincidence I found a jar in my bathroom cabinet so I have started taking them. Has anyone who has taken them noticed any improvements?

Ian
Read more : Glucosamine | Views : 2147 | Replies : 7

ReceptoPharm

Dignan,

Came across the following company who are developing drugs for diseases caused by viruses (including MS). They have one treatment for MS in development. Not sure if it is included in your list as the company is part owned by Nutra Pharma

Ian

<shortened url>
Read more : ReceptoPharm | Views : 1549 | Replies : 2

CNT1275

Does anyone participate a clinical study with CNT 1275 (CENTOCOR). I´m patient from Czech republic and we are only free persons ivolved in this study in my MS centrum, where I´m cured. Please anybody, who has inspierence with this, answer me.

Can I recognize, that I use placebo?
Read more : CNT1275 | Views : 1442 | Replies : 1

pipeline

Any opinions and/or data on which of these drugs in the pipeline shows the most promise for becoming a viable and effective treatment in the next 2-3 years? Tovaxin, Neurovax, FTY720 seem to have the most "buzz" at this point. $12,000 per year for a possible 30% reduction in relapse rate just doesn't cut it.
Read more : pipeline | Views : 2821 | Replies : 13

Neurovax article

Read more : Neurovax article | Views : 1425 | Replies : 0

Rituximab

However bad you think you have it some poor bastard has it worse. Here is an article from the Boston Cure Project about two MS horror stories where Rituximab helped.

'B' cells seem to be the culprits in these cases (not sure if 'T' cells played a role).

http://www.bostoncure.org:8080/article. ... =nocomment
Read more : Rituximab | Views : 1714 | Replies : 0

BioMS MBP8298 positive review

Good news for MBP8298 Phase II/III trial...

Data Safety Monitoring Board gives positive review for BioMS Medical's pivotal MS trial

October 27 - CNW - BioMS Medical Corp., a leading developer in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), announced that following the second meeting of its independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB), the Company has received a recommendation to continue its pivotal phase II/III clinical trial for MBP8298 for the treatment of secondary progressive multiple ...
Read more : BioMS MBP8298 positive review | Views : 1310 | Replies : 0

Tysabri

This is my first post and I don't really have a clue what I am doing! I came across this "lead-in" article on the "news for the day", i.e., current, New England Journal website. It costs $29.95 to read the entire article and I really don't want to make the investment. Perhaps some of you know what this means:

Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy, Natalizumab, and Multiple Sclerosis

To the Editor: According to the established definition of ...
Read more : Tysabri | Views : 1600 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218760 • Total topics 22548 • Total members 14193