It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:50 pm

News News of Drug Pipeline

Site map of Drug Pipeline » Forum : Drug Pipeline

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

CCR2 antagonists

They are offering me a study on this now. Does anyone know of this category of meds. I read a bit on them on the net. They have one made by Pfizer called INCB3284. Apparently it stops the macrophages from causing too
much damage at the site of the inflammation. Little side effects reported.
Given by infusion.... My neurologist decided not to do the study on FTY720! (very upsetting)

so, they offer me this..Any info ...
Read more : CCR2 antagonists | Views : 2604 | Replies : 10

Prognosis for future patients

Is the general feeling that those who will be diagnosed 5 years from today will benefit greatly from todays drug pipeline and perhaps never see any significant disability? It seems as if the scientific community has learned more about MS over the past 10 years than the past 100 years prior to that and hopefully one of the drugs in dignan's pipeline is the breakthrough that stops MS progression (and not just reduces relapses by ...
Read more : Prognosis for future patients | Views : 4038 | Replies : 16

dignan, about alferon

Here's an update:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/conf ... ill_en.pdf , see p 17

Alferon N, or interferon alfa N-3, is in phase IIa testing by Hemispherx Biopharma. This form of interferon is derived from human leukocytes and contains at least 14 alpha interferon molecules. In a retrospective, uncontrolled study, brain MRI with gadolinium contrast enhancement was performed in 69 patients treated with MS, including 38 who declined treatment with interferon alfa-n3, and ...
Read more : dignan, about alferon | Views : 1309 | Replies : 0

Glucosamine

Dignan has already highlighted the research about this supplement. Here is another summary of the research:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=34218

By coincidence I found a jar in my bathroom cabinet so I have started taking them. Has anyone who has taken them noticed any improvements?

Ian
Read more : Glucosamine | Views : 2187 | Replies : 7

ReceptoPharm

Dignan,

Came across the following company who are developing drugs for diseases caused by viruses (including MS). They have one treatment for MS in development. Not sure if it is included in your list as the company is part owned by Nutra Pharma

Ian

<shortened url>
Read more : ReceptoPharm | Views : 1569 | Replies : 2

CNT1275

Does anyone participate a clinical study with CNT 1275 (CENTOCOR). I´m patient from Czech republic and we are only free persons ivolved in this study in my MS centrum, where I´m cured. Please anybody, who has inspierence with this, answer me.

Can I recognize, that I use placebo?
Read more : CNT1275 | Views : 1464 | Replies : 1

pipeline

Any opinions and/or data on which of these drugs in the pipeline shows the most promise for becoming a viable and effective treatment in the next 2-3 years? Tovaxin, Neurovax, FTY720 seem to have the most "buzz" at this point. $12,000 per year for a possible 30% reduction in relapse rate just doesn't cut it.
Read more : pipeline | Views : 2867 | Replies : 13

Neurovax article

Read more : Neurovax article | Views : 1457 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221711 • Total topics 23018 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service