It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:00 am

News News of Humor

Site map of Humor » Forum : Humor

A board where people can laugh about their day to day experiences with MS, to combat some of the stress that goes with this illness.

Unofficial Darwin Awards

I have no idea if any of these are true but they're entertaining nonetheless. - NHE

Subject: Darwin Awards For 2006

Number One of 2006:

I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control center. Today, this woman called in very upset because she caught her little daughter eating ants. I quickly reassured her that the ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring her ...
Read more : Unofficial Darwin Awards | Views : 1899 | Replies : 0

I need to get my mind off of everything so........

Has anyone watched any good movies lately? While I was on vacation my brother and I went and saw 2 movies. He wanted to see "We are Marshall" and I wanted to see "Holiday". We couldn't compromise so we watched both on Christmas Eve. Let me say, We are Marshall was AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I loved it! Holiday was Ok but when we watched We are Marshall first and in comparison, it was completely shallow. I think ...
Read more : I need to get my mind off of everything so........ | Views : 1759 | Replies : 0

Too true

When all is said and done ...

There is nothing left to say or to do :?

Roger McGough
Read more : Too true | Views : 1860 | Replies : 1

Joke

A girl walked into a bar and asked the barman for a double entendre. So he gave her one!
Read more : Joke | Views : 2197 | Replies : 0

Hugging

Hugging is healthy: It helps the body’s immunity system, it keeps you healthier, it cures depression, it reduces stress, it induces sleep, it’s invigorating, and hugging is nothing less than a miracle drug.

Hugging is all natural: It is organic, naturally sweet, no pesticides, no preservatives, no artificial ingredients and 100 percent wholesome.

Hugging is practically perfect: There are no movable parts, no batteries to wear out, no periodic checkups, low energy consumption, high energy ...
Read more : Hugging | Views : 1809 | Replies : 0

SRA

How NIH Officials Actually Convince People to Review Grant Applications

Editor's Note: The following is a top-secret transcript of an actual conversation between a Scientific Review Administrator (SRA) and a potential recruit to join a study section.

That SRA, that SRA!
    I do not like that SRA!

Would you review grants today?

I would not like to, SRA
    I do not want to, go away.

You could review grants here or there!
    You could review ...
Read more : SRA | Views : 1768 | Replies : 0

Just another dissertation

Just Another Dissertation - by Christina Petersen

God loosened his tie and hoped the committee would go easy on him. He faced five professors seated in the front row of the biology department conference room.

Zeus spoke first. "Very nice presentation, God," he said, looking over his wire-rimmed reading glasses at the nervous student. Zeus was chair of the department of biology. He sported bushy white eyebrows and a long mane of white hair. Zeus ...
Read more : Just another dissertation | Views : 1632 | Replies : 0

How to prove it

How to Prove It

Proof by example: The author gives only the case n = 2 and suggests that it contains most of the ideas of the general proof.

Proof by intimidation - "Trivial."

Proof by vigorous handwaving - Works well in a classroom or seminar setting.

Proof by cumbersome notation - Best done with access to at least four alphabets and special symbols.

Proof by exhaustion - An issue or two of a journal ...
Read more : How to prove it | Views : 1585 | Replies : 0

Science Quotes

Matz's rule regarding medications: A drug is a substance which, when injected into a rat, will produce a scientific report.

Tenenbaum's law of replicability: The most interesting results happen only once.

"After two years of trying, scientists at the Yerkes Regional Primate center have managed to get a chimpanzee pregnant." - Scientist, December 26, 1988.

"Sexist terminology in chemistry should be combated by changing helium to he/shelium, manganese to personganese and mendelevium to peopledelevium." - ...
Read more : Science Quotes | Views : 1709 | Replies : 0

Tracksuits

The UK MS Society is selling tracksuits. Is it just me, but I wouldn't be seen dead in a tracksuit advertising that I had MS. Also, given that mobility problems etc are common - when would one wear such a costume? At the tennis club, playing football etc?

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/get_involve ... suits.html
Read more : Tracksuits | Views : 1991 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220023 • Total topics 22748 • Total members 14354

Contact us | Terms of Service