It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:44 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hello from beyondms

Hello to everyone on this board,

I am a recent lurker with a lot of experience with MS. I am a 35 year old Montrealer who was diagnosed roughly 10 years ago. I was offered to the opportunity to be part of the CHAMP study giving Avonex to people with a one time episode. I was subsequently diagnosed as definite MS after a bout of optic neuritis. My initial symptoms was a funny feeling in ...
Read more : Hello from beyondms | Views : 1762 | Replies : 5

Hello.

Hi,

I don't post much on forums...too lazy/it's too difficult. But, I did want to join so as to not feel so alone.

Thank you.
Read more : Hello. | Views : 1676 | Replies : 5

Hello I am ThePixie also called Elizabeth!

I started a feverish search of this site, because so many other sites are all drug (sorry.. prescription) related. Because I believe in a holistic approach, I needed to find people of like mind. I am 55 and we believe my first symptoms occured (if MS is an auto-immune disorder) 30 years ago and 17 years ago with real venom. So I have relapsed and gotten better until three years ago. None of the ...
Read more : Hello I am ThePixie also called Elizabeth! | Views : 2119 | Replies : 4

Hello, Ewizabeth here

Hi Everybody,

I'm known online as Ewizabeth at several websites. I'm married for 26 years, we have two sons, 23 & 25.

I work full time, four 10.5 hour days per week. I'm going to online college fulltime also, to finish my BSBA degree, should be finished in one year.

I was diagnosed with RRMS in January 2003, but probably had it for decades before. I'm 48 yrs old now.

I started with Avonex, then ...
Read more : Hello, Ewizabeth here | Views : 2397 | Replies : 13

Hiya

Im a newbie...I don't have MS but my sister does. We've lived together for about 6 months now cause she got a new job that was close to where I live, and I think she's been diagnosed about a year.

Does MS effect personality cause my sister can be happy and social one minute and then bite people's head's off 5 seconds later. It's got to the point where my room-mate has moved out cause ...
Read more : Hiya | Views : 2287 | Replies : 13

And here's my story

I've read EVERY introduction post. In fact, there's a chance I've read every post in every forum at this wonderful site. Not sure what that sez about me and don't really want to analyze it much. Yikes! I'm 47, female, married with 2 kids and was diagnosed with MS two months ago. I was offered the CRABS only and recently underwent Steriod IV treatment. I'm titrating betaseron and am taking herbal and vitamin supplements. Like ...
Read more : And here's my story | Views : 1854 | Replies : 9

Hi all

Just found this site surfing, looks like a good find. 46 F with RRMS. Doing the Avonex thing. To be honest, I hate giving myself shots (hands are numb & ackward) and I don't know how long I will be able to force myself to keep it up. For awhile there I had the excuse of not being able to afford it but God was kind (?) and that problem not an issue at this ...
Read more : Hi all | Views : 1471 | Replies : 4

Introductions

Hello, I'm another newbe to this site. Diagnosed in 2003, (wheelchair dependent). MD's with 2 opinions, one says RRMS now SPMS and the other says PPMS. I have tried all CRAB's, none work. I am now approved for Tysabri and should get 1st infusion soon. This is the best MS site I have found. A lot of good info here and I am looking forward to continued communication and new friendships.
Read more : Introductions | Views : 1956 | Replies : 6

Hi * !

After browsing for almost a year now, I thought it was time to join.

I'm a male 36 from The Netherlands...

First I want to thank all involved in ThisIsMS. This site stands out with head and shoulders above the rest. It's really informative and a decent MS-library.

I've been diagnosed with RRMS after a Nuritis Optica. That's now 4 years ago. I had some symptoms before but never realized it was MS. I'm pretty ...
Read more : Hi * ! | Views : 1819 | Replies : 9

New Member, newly diagnosed

Hello All,

My name is Chris and I have been recently diagnosed with rrms. For me the first attack I had was optic neuritis on 2002, and at that time they did a scan of my brain and the results were negative. My vision came back and I went about my life. Keeping it in the back of my mind because my mother had MS in her life.

Now, about two months ago I went ...
Read more : New Member, newly diagnosed | Views : 1484 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220003 • Total topics 22745 • Total members 14351

Contact us | Terms of Service