It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:56 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hi all

Just found this site surfing, looks like a good find. 46 F with RRMS. Doing the Avonex thing. To be honest, I hate giving myself shots (hands are numb & ackward) and I don't know how long I will be able to force myself to keep it up. For awhile there I had the excuse of not being able to afford it but God was kind (?) and that problem not an issue at this ...
Read more : Hi all | Views : 1464 | Replies : 4

Introductions

Hello, I'm another newbe to this site. Diagnosed in 2003, (wheelchair dependent). MD's with 2 opinions, one says RRMS now SPMS and the other says PPMS. I have tried all CRAB's, none work. I am now approved for Tysabri and should get 1st infusion soon. This is the best MS site I have found. A lot of good info here and I am looking forward to continued communication and new friendships.
Read more : Introductions | Views : 1942 | Replies : 6

Hi * !

After browsing for almost a year now, I thought it was time to join.

I'm a male 36 from The Netherlands...

First I want to thank all involved in ThisIsMS. This site stands out with head and shoulders above the rest. It's really informative and a decent MS-library.

I've been diagnosed with RRMS after a Nuritis Optica. That's now 4 years ago. I had some symptoms before but never realized it was MS. I'm pretty ...
Read more : Hi * ! | Views : 1807 | Replies : 9

New Member, newly diagnosed

Hello All,

My name is Chris and I have been recently diagnosed with rrms. For me the first attack I had was optic neuritis on 2002, and at that time they did a scan of my brain and the results were negative. My vision came back and I went about my life. Keeping it in the back of my mind because my mother had MS in her life.

Now, about two months ago I went ...
Read more : New Member, newly diagnosed | Views : 1475 | Replies : 3

Hello all,,,

HI every-one,
I am new to the site. I am still under investigation;I have had an MRI, EEG. Scan on the head, IQ test' to see if my brain still works!! Have to find it first lol;
Bottom line still not dx. I am 50 years old have two daughters and am divorced. I live in London I am a prefessional hairdresser by trade and have had my own business. Over the past 6 years ...
Read more : Hello all,,, | Views : 1738 | Replies : 6

Hello Everyone....

My name is Annie a/k/a "Kittikat." I'm new to the forums. I was dx'd with RRMS last May of 2005. I'm currently taking Copaxone along with other various meds to control symptoms.

I am currently working (part time) as a veterinary receptionist and I really love my job! However I get extremely depressed many days because I am so exhausted and in such pain when I get home. Even just from part time. Even ...
Read more : Hello Everyone.... | Views : 1425 | Replies : 5

Hello!

Hi,
My name is Jenn, and I was dx'd with RRMS a year ago. I started Avonex about 5 months ago, and am happy with that decision so far. The relapse that led to my dx was severe, and I now use a walker or cane if I'm not at home. I can't drive much anymore, which stinks, but I can live with it.

I am 30 years old, married for 7 yrs, and we ...
Read more : Hello! | Views : 1610 | Replies : 7

Hello, 3 mo from diagnoses in Seattle

Hello.

I am 44, widowed, and a college student. I got the 21 gun salute for my final acknowledgement of MS. I had been denying it for some time. My sister has it. So it took a 2x4 to get my attention. Carted out of work. In the hosp for 22 days. Now I am on welfare waiting on disability.

It could be worse. I found out how very many real friends I have. People ...
Read more : Hello, 3 mo from diagnoses in Seattle | Views : 1378 | Replies : 2

Hello, Newbie Here

Hey! My name is Eliza. I just was searching through the web and came across this site. This looks liek a nice site and with some helpful information about MS so I figured I'd join.

A little about myself: I am married and 33 years old. No children yet, but I have two dogs if that counts as children :). I was diagnosed with MS in 2003, ...
Read more : Hello, Newbie Here | Views : 1691 | Replies : 5

Would Like To Say Hello

Hi, my name's Nina, I'm 50 and waiting to be diagnosed after a very long wait.

I hope you don't mind me being here but I'd really appreciate any help I can get to help me on my journey.

It's quite a site here!! It will take a bit of getting used to but I'd like to stick around if you'll have me.

Take care all. :D ...
Read more : Would Like To Say Hello | Views : 1343 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218753 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192