It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:40 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hello

Hi everyone. I'm a web professional and have never posted on a forum before, but this situation is forcing me to reach out.

My husband likely has MS- the diagnosis is pretty much done, just a couple more visits to the neurologist, and that's it.

I am so sad, and yet I'm not sure why- it seems that the disease isn't a death sentence. How do I support him through this? I keep wanting to ...
Read more : Hello | Views : 1188 | Replies : 3

Just to finally introduce myself

Ok...I was diagnosed with MS and now I am here. It was sometime in Feb. and it has been hard emotionally everyday since. I wanted to say hello to all and to introduce my incredible fiance who stands by me at all times and keeps me sane. I am happy to have found this website and I look forward to doing my best to contribute and also to use the wealth of knowledge that is ...
Read more : Just to finally introduce myself | Views : 1185 | Replies : 1

the face of jimmy

hi it was suggested that we could have our pics by our names in the forums, not just an emoticon. i thought we could insert pics here not just link to online images. i will have to figure out how others are posting their graphs in the forums. so anyway for now all i can do is link to a pic of me online which is really ridiculously tiny!

Read more : the face of jimmy | Views : 2018 | Replies : 13

New Diagnosis

Hello everyone,

I'm was diagnosed with MS on June 20. It's been a real shock, because although I've had problems with extreme fatigue, weakness, muscle aches, twitches, blurred vision, dizziness, and difficulty with concentration and memory, and have been worked up for everything under the sun in the last five years, (or so I thought), nobody ever mentioned MS. I went to the doctor in June with what I thought was the worst sinus headache ...
Read more : New Diagnosis | Views : 1838 | Replies : 7

Hello... yet another new diagnosee (?)

Hello all,
I am 32 years old and live in Maryland. At the end of March, I was admitted to the hospital because my doctor and my neurologist thought I might have had menangitis. I didn't, actually. Instead they found some lesions on my brain and ran me through 7 days of tests. They checked for strokes, heart disease, lyme diesease, and MS. I had two spinal taps (they didn't have enough fluid from the ...
Read more : Hello... yet another new diagnosee (?) | Views : 1671 | Replies : 4

Seattle girl....recently diagnosed

Allo all!
My name is Michele and I was diagnosed at the end of April, after a 3-year battle with a HORRIBLE neurologist. I know these stories are a dime a dozen with all of us, but I’m still so frustrated with the way I was diagnosed I just feel compelled to share….

I had a terrible seizure in Nov of 2001, which compelled my PCP to get me to a Neuro. She ran all ...
Read more : Seattle girl....recently diagnosed | Views : 2404 | Replies : 14

Just diagnosed

Hi,

My name is Nicole. I was just diagnosed with MS a few days ago. I woke up with a numb face 2 weeks ago and called my neurologist (luckily I already had one because of migraines) and had an MRI Wednesday. Friday I was in her office staring at 3 lesions and talking about whether or not I wanted to start medication. She's giving me the option so I guess that's good. She said ...
Read more : Just diagnosed | Views : 2044 | Replies : 7

Have decided that this is the best MS forum in existence.

So, decided to stop lurking in the dark, here, and say Hello! :wink:

Diagnosed with MS, two years ago; I have been a most difficult patients for all of the neurologists that I've seen (four total) since I refuse to even try CRABS. Am so glad to be in good company with some on this forum.

Have been treating these autoimmune symptoms with diet, supplements, and various ...
Read more : Have decided that this is the best MS forum in existence. | Views : 1511 | Replies : 6

The Long and Winding Road - Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone,

My name's Craig and I was diagnosed about 5 years ago. I turned 26 in May, and I live in the Toronto area.

I started Rebif-44 shortly after my diagnosis, and it kept me pretty stable for about 3.5 years, then things went downhill. All of a sudden I lost sensation in some of my fingers, developed some heat sensitivity, and had some gait issues.

After these symptoms I looked into complementary treatments. ...
Read more : The Long and Winding Road - Hi Everyone! | Views : 1501 | Replies : 2

currently caring for a person with ms

hi everyone , I currently care for a woman with ms, and have cared for another with the same, If i can help in any way, dont hesitate! my current client is diabetic and legally blind also
Read more : currently caring for a person with ms | Views : 1252 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216430 • Total topics 22113 • Total members 13904