It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:32 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hi everyone - just an intro & quick quuestion

Hi there

I am a bit new to the site, but have been reading all the great info for a while - hope you don't mind if I join in? This site seems to be a fantastic font of information, and I admit to my ignorance! I am fortunate enough to have a husband, and am enjoying raising our two little boys, and am still working full time as I have all my life, though ...
Read more : Hi everyone - just an intro & quick quuestion | Views : 2036 | Replies : 7

Hello, Kia Ora and Hola

Hello all,

Just found this site and seeing as it looks like a good place for info from level headed people I thought I´d join in.

After 24 years in the UK in the RAF I left to live in New Zealand for a life style change; 18 months after our arrival I was diagnosed with MS, not the life style change I was looking for but we´re still here and smiling.

Looking forward to ...
Read more : Hello, Kia Ora and Hola | Views : 1945 | Replies : 7

hello all.

I've had close friends and a second cousin with MS and a close friend with Lupus.

I would like to be involved with research work on natural cures, but don't know where to look.
Read more : hello all. | Views : 1387 | Replies : 1

Hi Folks!

I was first diagnosed in 1998, and was immediately put on Avonex. Well, I was on the Avonex faithfully for a couple of years, and still noticed my condition worsening. And for having lapses in insurance I was on and off the Avonex for 5-6 month intervals, up till this last Sept. Just this Year My Neurologist changed me to Rebif, which I have been on since March. I must say I don't miss the ...
Read more : Hi Folks! | Views : 1487 | Replies : 3

Fresh Meat !

Hi all,

My name's Nick. I'm 27. I like long walks on the beach, i'm not much of a talker but I'm a good .... Oh wait, wrong forum !

Anywho, I'l post my story. So, having 2 kids and a wife, andf being 6'4" and 300 lbs, and a chain smoker , I figured it was time for a change. Started going to the gym. All was well for 3 months, then one day ...
Read more : Fresh Meat ! | Views : 1882 | Replies : 6

Hello!!

Hiya!
In March I got the word that all this craziness I was experiencing was indeed MS. I had several "numb spots" on my hands, feet & legs. I was a bit unsteady, but nothing too dramatic. I saw the neurologist who confirmed what I'd figured out via the internet.

He said that... yup, it was MS, here's 4 BIG binders. Each outlines a different medication. Read through them and pick one. I lean toward ...
Read more : Hello!! | Views : 1385 | Replies : 1

Hi all

Hello. im Fred and my fiance was diagnosed with MS april 3rd, this year. We were in a way lucky as a bout of optic neritis brought her to an eye doctor who QUICKLY picked up on the possible MS link and within 3 hrs of her entering his office, we were at a nerologist. (I say lucky because we have talked with so many people who had difficulty with medical professionals not understanding MS...not ...
Read more : Hi all | Views : 1597 | Replies : 4

Hello from The OC

Hello

I have been lurking for a while and decided to finally post. I often post on the WebMD MS board.

My name is Rachel, I just turned 39, and was recently diagnosed with MS. I'm married and have two sons, ages 7 and 10, plus a dog. We live in Orange County, CA. I'm a pharmacist and still work half time. We have temporarily moved into an apartment b/c we are remodeling our house. ...
Read more : Hello from The OC | Views : 1135 | Replies : 1

I am new to this forum

My name is Carrie. After 3-1/2 years on 3 mg of LDN, which I began taking right after being diagnosed with MS, I had a serious relapse. My new doctor is a top MS neurologist. He treated me with steroids and I'm now taking Gabapentin for pain and spasticity. I'm feeling a lot better.

Here's my question. I'm seeing the neuro again at the end of June. He wants to put me on one of ...
Read more : I am new to this forum | Views : 1366 | Replies : 1

Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula--USA

Hi my name is Tammy, I am 32 years old with Relapsing Remitting MS.
I had my first attack in 1999 and was not actually diagnosed until 2001. I will soon be starting Rebif injections as the disease has progressed. I take each day at a time. That is all you can do with this disease! My most aggravating symptoms are dizziness, drop foot, mood swings and cognitive problems to name a few! I wish ...
Read more : Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula--USA | Views : 1261 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227123 • Total topics 23949 • Total members 15295

Contact us | Terms of Service