It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:36 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

And here's my story

I've read EVERY introduction post. In fact, there's a chance I've read every post in every forum at this wonderful site. Not sure what that sez about me and don't really want to analyze it much. Yikes! I'm 47, female, married with 2 kids and was diagnosed with MS two months ago. I was offered the CRABS only and recently underwent Steriod IV treatment. I'm titrating betaseron and am taking herbal and vitamin supplements. Like ...
Read more : And here's my story | Views : 1880 | Replies : 9

Hi all

Just found this site surfing, looks like a good find. 46 F with RRMS. Doing the Avonex thing. To be honest, I hate giving myself shots (hands are numb & ackward) and I don't know how long I will be able to force myself to keep it up. For awhile there I had the excuse of not being able to afford it but God was kind (?) and that problem not an issue at this ...
Read more : Hi all | Views : 1496 | Replies : 4

Introductions

Hello, I'm another newbe to this site. Diagnosed in 2003, (wheelchair dependent). MD's with 2 opinions, one says RRMS now SPMS and the other says PPMS. I have tried all CRAB's, none work. I am now approved for Tysabri and should get 1st infusion soon. This is the best MS site I have found. A lot of good info here and I am looking forward to continued communication and new friendships.
Read more : Introductions | Views : 1994 | Replies : 6

Hi * !

After browsing for almost a year now, I thought it was time to join.

I'm a male 36 from The Netherlands...

First I want to thank all involved in ThisIsMS. This site stands out with head and shoulders above the rest. It's really informative and a decent MS-library.

I've been diagnosed with RRMS after a Nuritis Optica. That's now 4 years ago. I had some symptoms before but never realized it was MS. I'm pretty ...
Read more : Hi * ! | Views : 1848 | Replies : 9

New Member, newly diagnosed

Hello All,

My name is Chris and I have been recently diagnosed with rrms. For me the first attack I had was optic neuritis on 2002, and at that time they did a scan of my brain and the results were negative. My vision came back and I went about my life. Keeping it in the back of my mind because my mother had MS in her life.

Now, about two months ago I went ...
Read more : New Member, newly diagnosed | Views : 1514 | Replies : 3

Hello all,,,

HI every-one,
I am new to the site. I am still under investigation;I have had an MRI, EEG. Scan on the head, IQ test' to see if my brain still works!! Have to find it first lol;
Bottom line still not dx. I am 50 years old have two daughters and am divorced. I live in London I am a prefessional hairdresser by trade and have had my own business. Over the past 6 years ...
Read more : Hello all,,, | Views : 1765 | Replies : 6

Hello Everyone....

My name is Annie a/k/a "Kittikat." I'm new to the forums. I was dx'd with RRMS last May of 2005. I'm currently taking Copaxone along with other various meds to control symptoms.

I am currently working (part time) as a veterinary receptionist and I really love my job! However I get extremely depressed many days because I am so exhausted and in such pain when I get home. Even just from part time. Even ...
Read more : Hello Everyone.... | Views : 1453 | Replies : 5

Hello!

Hi,
My name is Jenn, and I was dx'd with RRMS a year ago. I started Avonex about 5 months ago, and am happy with that decision so far. The relapse that led to my dx was severe, and I now use a walker or cane if I'm not at home. I can't drive much anymore, which stinks, but I can live with it.

I am 30 years old, married for 7 yrs, and we ...
Read more : Hello! | Views : 1643 | Replies : 7

Hello, 3 mo from diagnoses in Seattle

Hello.

I am 44, widowed, and a college student. I got the 21 gun salute for my final acknowledgement of MS. I had been denying it for some time. My sister has it. So it took a 2x4 to get my attention. Carted out of work. In the hosp for 22 days. Now I am on welfare waiting on disability.

It could be worse. I found out how very many real friends I have. People ...
Read more : Hello, 3 mo from diagnoses in Seattle | Views : 1408 | Replies : 2

Hello, Newbie Here

Hey! My name is Eliza. I just was searching through the web and came across this site. This looks liek a nice site and with some helpful information about MS so I figured I'd join.

A little about myself: I am married and 33 years old. No children yet, but I have two dogs if that counts as children :). I was diagnosed with MS in 2003, ...
Read more : Hello, Newbie Here | Views : 1725 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222275 • Total topics 23085 • Total members 14615

Contact us | Terms of Service