It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:14 am

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hello... yet another new diagnosee (?)

Hello all,
I am 32 years old and live in Maryland. At the end of March, I was admitted to the hospital because my doctor and my neurologist thought I might have had menangitis. I didn't, actually. Instead they found some lesions on my brain and ran me through 7 days of tests. They checked for strokes, heart disease, lyme diesease, and MS. I had two spinal taps (they didn't have enough fluid from the ...
Read more : Hello... yet another new diagnosee (?) | Views : 1689 | Replies : 4

Seattle girl....recently diagnosed

Allo all!
My name is Michele and I was diagnosed at the end of April, after a 3-year battle with a HORRIBLE neurologist. I know these stories are a dime a dozen with all of us, but I’m still so frustrated with the way I was diagnosed I just feel compelled to share….

I had a terrible seizure in Nov of 2001, which compelled my PCP to get me to a Neuro. She ran all ...
Read more : Seattle girl....recently diagnosed | Views : 2424 | Replies : 14

Just diagnosed

Hi,

My name is Nicole. I was just diagnosed with MS a few days ago. I woke up with a numb face 2 weeks ago and called my neurologist (luckily I already had one because of migraines) and had an MRI Wednesday. Friday I was in her office staring at 3 lesions and talking about whether or not I wanted to start medication. She's giving me the option so I guess that's good. She said ...
Read more : Just diagnosed | Views : 2083 | Replies : 7

Have decided that this is the best MS forum in existence.

So, decided to stop lurking in the dark, here, and say Hello! :wink:

Diagnosed with MS, two years ago; I have been a most difficult patients for all of the neurologists that I've seen (four total) since I refuse to even try CRABS. Am so glad to be in good company with some on this forum.

Have been treating these autoimmune symptoms with diet, supplements, and various ...
Read more : Have decided that this is the best MS forum in existence. | Views : 1519 | Replies : 6

The Long and Winding Road - Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone,

My name's Craig and I was diagnosed about 5 years ago. I turned 26 in May, and I live in the Toronto area.

I started Rebif-44 shortly after my diagnosis, and it kept me pretty stable for about 3.5 years, then things went downhill. All of a sudden I lost sensation in some of my fingers, developed some heat sensitivity, and had some gait issues.

After these symptoms I looked into complementary treatments. ...
Read more : The Long and Winding Road - Hi Everyone! | Views : 1525 | Replies : 2

currently caring for a person with ms

hi everyone , I currently care for a woman with ms, and have cared for another with the same, If i can help in any way, dont hesitate! my current client is diabetic and legally blind also
Read more : currently caring for a person with ms | Views : 1260 | Replies : 1

Newbie Hi

newbie here! just wanted to say hi...been lurking around for a bit and finally decided to join in. i'm looking forward in meeting you all. thanks!
Read more : Newbie Hi | Views : 1264 | Replies : 2

Just want to say Hi

Hello, I just want to introduce myself.

My name is Barb and I was diagnosed in May of 2003. I have been on Rebif since. It seems to be doing it's job the last MRI I had showed no progression....Yeah! I am SPMS so that was great news.............

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you, as we battle this MonSTER! There are good days and bad, however I feel every day ...
Read more : Just want to say Hi | Views : 1558 | Replies : 4

Another "newbie"

Just wanted to briefly introduce myself...I had an "MS attack" approximately 18 months ago and I have occassionally perused through this website...it has been helpful to hear what others have had to say about this challenging topic and look foward to future dialogue

thanks for the site,

Thinkingoutloud86
Read more : Another "newbie" | Views : 1424 | Replies : 4

Hi my name is Kelly and newly diagnosed

Hello everyone -

I was just diagnosed in January 2006 and already experienced my first relapse. I do have lots of questions and hope that someone can help clarify a few for me. The put me on avonex immediately, which i stayed on until the last month. I went through my first relapse - went through the five days of solumedrol and WOW - wasn't expecting the withdrawals that I had. They must have forgotten ...
Read more : Hi my name is Kelly and newly diagnosed | Views : 1355 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219292 • Total topics 22624 • Total members 14266