It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:59 pm

News News of Introductions

Site map of Introductions » Forum : Introductions

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hi all - New here....

I've been diagnosed since March of this year.

Optic Neuritis seems to be the attack of choice for me. I've had it twice, and I'm not sure, but it's possible that as of yesterday, I'm working on my third!

I've been on Betaseron since May, in fact, I am in a clinical study for Beta, comparing standard dose, double dose, and Copaxone to see which works best. I'm on Beta but I don't know what ...
Read more : Hi all - New here.... | Views : 1395 | Replies : 2

OK, so I'm new and I don't know what I am doing.

and I am up and it's late - again - and I still don't have a Dx to know what's really going on. I am really suffering the last few days and I feel like I have no one to talk to.

I started this year pretty well untill a few months ago, when I had a severe nerve injury in my right foot. It just didnt seem to heal, and then it seemed like ...
Read more : OK, so I'm new and I don't know what I am doing. | Views : 1953 | Replies : 6

Vitamin D

I have another question: Does anyone know how much Vitamin D we're supposed to have daily? Does that amount fluctuate depending on the time of year?

Thanks!

Sha-Sha
Read more : Vitamin D | Views : 1449 | Replies : 1

Feeling fatigued!

Hi, everyone:

I was diagnosed with RRMS in January, 2003. I've had a very mild case of MS with no relapses since I was diagnosed. BUT, this summer I have been noticing feeling VERY sleepy and weak in body--this is the first time I've struggled with this problem. I had some blood work done, and my white blood cell count was low. Could this be the culprit? I'm on Betaseron, and I'm wondering if it ...
Read more : Feeling fatigued! | Views : 1555 | Replies : 2

Hello to you all

Hi there

I was diagnosed in Feb/March this year, after 5 years with a deteriorating leg, and of course foot drop. 8O

It's not so bad - I can walk a bit but I limit myself, and the foot drop is something I watch carefully. My limp is only noticable when I am tired or I have had a few!!

I have been on the Swank diet ...
Read more : Hello to you all | Views : 1498 | Replies : 3

intro

began falling down often last summer. wound up in hospital over the holidays this past year. neuros i was seeing then refused to go beyond proving i did/didn't have seizures. went to philly doc at jefferson hospital, who did appropriate testing for ms. been on copaxone since june. ms mostly knocks the right leg literally out from under me. using a cane to improve balance. look forward to increasing my knowledge/understanding via this site.

linda
Read more : intro | Views : 1940 | Replies : 5

Body by Jake

Jake,

Good to meet you. Your fears are my fears - I often make lists of all the things that I won't (or don't think) I'll be doing with my five year old son that I planned to do (teach him tennis, scuba diving, go camping). And the worse thing is watching all the smoking / beer-bellied dads who turn up to my son's (and their son's) football (soccer in the US) each week. The ...
Read more : Body by Jake | Views : 1731 | Replies : 2

Introduction

Hello. I'm new here too. This is a really neat site!! I appreciate all the info that's posted and the articles and research. I was diagonsed with MS 2 years ago this month. I was 28 years old. I have RRMS and I'm still trying to get use to it. It's been up and down, but I'm starting to accept it. I'm glad to be part of a community of people who know MS and ...
Read more : Introduction | Views : 1406 | Replies : 1

ThisIsMS Rocks!

Hello; I'm new here. I've visited &/or been a member of a number of MS boards, and I'm very impressed with the level of inquiry and commitment here. I hope, over time, I'll be able to contribute as well as read.

I have SPMS, diagnosed 3 years ago when it was still (barely) RRMS. My history indicates I've had MS for much longer than that, though. I was on Copaxone for a while, now just ...
Read more : ThisIsMS Rocks! | Views : 1872 | Replies : 4

"De Nile" is not a river in Egypt

Hi everyone - This is my leap into accepting diagnosis and identify as a person living with MS. I have been searching the sites for about a year now, after hearing "Possible MS" about 2 years ago, with the confirmed diagnosis in October 04. Looking back, my story is much like so many of you - odd things happening since my late teens; but always attributed to other possibilities - then they were resolved and ...
Read more : "De Nile" is not a river in Egypt | Views : 1501 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220033 • Total topics 22749 • Total members 14355

Contact us | Terms of Service