It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Skipping a Shot Once a Week

My insurance is refusing to pay for the new dosage of Copaxone of 40 mg. 3xwk. Since my skin is a mess (and I rotate!) and I am running out of shot sites, I have been skipping one shot a week for about three months. It adds up to the same amount of medicine I would be getting if I were able to get the new dosage. Now I am in relapse, but I don't ...
Read more : Skipping a Shot Once a Week | Views : 263 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Copaxone

My gf of 5 years has MS and I can't take it anymore

So when I started going out with my gf, she told me she had ms. But she seemed fine, and I honestly didn't know too much about ms, so I didn't think it was a big deal... I mean, she wasn't in a wheelchair or anything, right? At first it seemed fine, but looking back, I think there were some episodes... I call them episodes.

My gf when she is really tired, stressed or angry, ...
Read more : My gf of 5 years has MS and I can't take it anymore | Views : 563 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

RE MEDICINOVA PROVIDES UPDATE ON PHASE 2b TRAILS PMS

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2 ... ve-MS.html
Dear friends MEDICINOV Inc. recently announced that it had 50% enrolment for the PHASE 2b clinical trail of MN-166(ibdilast) in progressive M.S patients and the trail is on track please read the rest attached
regards
seeva
Read more : RE MEDICINOVA PROVIDES UPDATE ON PHASE 2b TRAILS PMS | Views : 239 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Understanding and treating balance impairment in MS

Balance impairment in multiple sclerosis (MS) involves constraints across multiple systems and consequently necessitates multimodal treatment, according to a study published in the September issue of the Journal of Clinical Outcomes Management.

Susan L. Kasser, PhD, and Jesse V. Jacobs, PhD, from the University of Vermont in Burlington, conducted a systematic literature review to examine the mechanisms and treatment options associated with balance impairment in patients with MS..... Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/qol
Read more : Understanding and treating balance impairment in MS | Views : 235 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Found a simple cure for the deadliest cancer?

Pancreatic cancer, which resite to radiation and chemotherapy,
could be cured with vitamin D modified, according to a scientific study just published.

The scientific journal 'Cell' publishes the discovery of a new type of pancreatic tumor treatment astounding in its simplicity. In fact, it would be the modified use of vitamin D supplied as injection.

Please, visit this link:
http://www.cell.com/cell/abstract/S0092 ... %2901033-2
Read more : Found a simple cure for the deadliest cancer? | Views : 488 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Omega-3 fatty acids lower matrix metalloproteinases

The effects of omega-3 Fatty acids on matrix metalloproteinase-9 production and cell migration in human immune cells: implications for multiple sclerosis.
Autoimmune Dis. 2011;2011:134592.

In multiple sclerosis (MS), compromised blood-brain barrier (BBB) integrity contributes to inflammatory T cell migration into the central nervous system. Matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) is associated with BBB disruption and subsequent T cell migration into the CNS. The aim of this paper was to evaluate the effects of omega-3 fatty acids on ...
Read more : Omega-3 fatty acids lower matrix metalloproteinases | Views : 456 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Natural Approach

Cancer risk and DMD use

Cancer incidence in multiple sclerosis and effects of immunomodulatory treatments.
Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005 Feb;89(3):265-70.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) has been linked to reduced rates of cancer prior to the era of immunomodulating treatments. We assessed the incidence of cancer in a cohort of 1338 MS patients and evaluated the effect of exposure to immunomodulatory treatment. Cancer incidence in the MS population was compared with the expected age- and gender-matched incidence rates in the Israeli ...
Read more : Cancer risk and DMD use | Views : 329 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Is this a relapse?

Hi There,

I was sort-of ok (by MS standards) up to a week ago; then suddenly out-of-the-blue I REALLY battle to walk (I need a stick normally but now can't manage 100m), have morning nausea and am immensely tired all the time. So tired that if I lie down flat on the floor I will sleep; this has never happened before. I think that it is tapering off slightly today (could be hope more than ...
Read more : Is this a relapse? | Views : 318 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

First flare up without lesions?

One morning earlier this year I woke up with a tingling hand. It was the same feeling you get when you've held a limb in a position for too long. After the tingling did not go away I went and saw my doctor. By this time the tingling had started moving up a little further up my arm. Over the course of four months both of my arms and legs were tingling and going completely ...
Read more : First flare up without lesions? | Views : 389 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Back to say goodbye

Hi All,

Ive been on and off this board for the last 8 months...as with many of you, it is a long road, sometimes years to end up with an MS diagnosis. I have been to numerous doctors, neuro's, naturopaths, chiros, infectious disease docs....the list goes on. MRI's, CAT scans etc..

We have all been there....in this journey to get some answers..

I finally have my answer...i have Lyme disease. The reason I am posting ...
Read more : Back to say goodbye | Views : 590 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220851 • Total topics 22890 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service