It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:25 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Simvastatin trial starting

I have just read in MS-UK that Simvastatin trial is gonna start ... 10 years late.

As it happened already with Rituxan, Simvastatin is a drug with a expired patent, and though patent expiration is supposed to be something for the public interest, the effect is that nobody has performed a real clinical trial in a lot of years.

Until now. Finally the MS Society, the NIHR and the National MS Society have found the ...
Read more : Simvastatin trial starting | Views : 424 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

MS patients to trial statins treatment

Hundreds of British patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS) are set to take part in a trial where they will be given simvastatin, a cheap anti-cholesterol drug that could delay symptoms...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/ms-patients-trial-statins-treatment-090517
Read more : MS patients to trial statins treatment | Views : 569 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Statins

Siponimod reduces risk of disability progression by 21%

Scientists who conducted a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III study, evaluating siponimod versus a placebo in patients with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (SPMS) have managed to reduce the risk of disability progression by 21 per cent, over a three month period...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/siponimod-reduces-risk-disability-progression-21-cent-090517
Read more : Siponimod reduces risk of disability progression by 21% | Views : 311 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

RE; STEMCELL TRANSPLANTS FOR MS- HALT-MS TRIAL GEARS UP FOR

HI Friends
please read

Stem Cell Transplants for MS: HALT-MS Trial Gears Up for Its Next Phase

One of the most prominent clinical trials of stem cell transplants for MS will enroll new participants in early 2018.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/multiple- ... s_20170506

regards
seeva
Read more : RE; STEMCELL TRANSPLANTS FOR MS- HALT-MS TRIAL GEARS UP FOR | Views : 360 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Spinal Tap & MRI

Hello All, I've been having odd symptoms since I can remember, was diagnosed with Hashimoto about 6 years ago and symptoms improved, about the last year I started feeling bad again, tired, trouble sleeping, tingling in my feet, feeling I have a fever, ear ache but all regular blood test normal. Went to India in January and a week after getting back I had the worst headache I've ever had, MRI showed a lesion in ...
Read more : Spinal Tap & MRI | Views : 392 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Please help me with all this!

Hello, I really am lost with no answers and I don't know what to think or do. I am 44 yo who had a brain MRI in 2015 that showed one defined area deep in white matter, as per my neurologist. I had that MRI due to confusion, dysphagia, legs felt like they aren't working, unsteady gait, can't think clearly, depression, and heat intolerance, also when I speak I am unable to find or say ...
Read more : Please help me with all this! | Views : 403 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

2016 abstract: MS brain volume loss with low serum vit A

Serum Retinol Levels are Associated with Brain Volume Loss in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10 ... 6686261%20

Background: Brain atrophy has been recognised as an endpoint of irreversible tissue loss that is closely associated with disability in patient with multiple sclerosis (MS). Although predicting future brain volume loss is important, studies have been shown only few biomarkers that can predict brain volume loss (BVL).

Objective: The aim of this ...
Read more : 2016 abstract: MS brain volume loss with low serum vit A | Views : 400 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

undiagnosed and constant knee muscle weakness

Hello,

I am a non caucasian non smoking/drinking male in my fourties and I have been struggling with a sudden feeling of muscle weakness in both my knees for two years now.
Little history: Since 2012 I am taking a low dose medication for my hypothyroidism after dealing with chest discomfort. The discomfort went away and medication is doing fine for me. In Fall 2013 I developed bladder pain. Not sure where it came from, ...
Read more : undiagnosed and constant knee muscle weakness | Views : 387 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Undiagnosed

MS-like symptoms with thyroxine issues

Hello everyone. I'm in the process of (hopefully) getting some kind of diagnosis, if anyone wants to read this and offer thoughts on this situation that would be appreciated.

I'm a 27 yr old female, I have Graves Disease (dx at 14) and needed total thyroidectomy at 23. Aside from some parathyroid issues I've since been in pretty good health. I started having symptoms in December/January this year during a period in which my thyroxine ...
Read more : MS-like symptoms with thyroxine issues | Views : 502 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Told to test for MS - Advice needed

Hi there, hoping for help and advice.

A doctor acquaintance suggested I be tested for MS, but as I'm currently living abroad, this will be difficult. I'm getting progressively more frustrated, and my symptoms seem to be getting worse. Your insight would be greatly appreciated, as I have no idea what's going on with me.

I'm a 31 year old female who has otherwise been in perfect health. I've been having these symptoms for around ...
Read more : Told to test for MS - Advice needed | Views : 377 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238519 • Total topics 25976 • Total members 17239

Contact us | Terms of Service