It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:34 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

2017 review: Nutrition for Substance Abuse Recovery

The importance of nutrition in aiding recovery from substance use disorders: A review
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1617303915

"Highlights
•Malnutrition is prevalent among individuals with alcohol and drug use disorders.
•There is little nutritional advice for those recovering from substance use disorders.
•Addiction and appetite share interacting brain and behavioural processes.
•Malnutrition in substance use disorders may promote drug-seeking and impede recovery.
•Effective treatments should incorporate nutritional assessment and therapy.

Abstract ...
Read more : 2017 review: Nutrition for Substance Abuse Recovery | Views : 322 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

Cladribine available to UK MS patients tomorrow...

NHS England strikes deal that makes Cladribine available to MS patients tomorrow

NHS Chief, Simon Stevens has announce that NHS England has struck a deal to make an innovative treatment for multiple sclerosis (MS) routinely available on the NHS...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/nhs-england-strikes-deal-makes-cladribine-available-ms-patients-tomorrow

Read more : Cladribine available to UK MS patients tomorrow... | Views : 307 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Looking for input to project idea for worldwide data collect

Hello to this great community,
I would like to first introduce myself so that people can size me up. I am a 25 year old computer scientist and software engineer, but I do not have MS. I just feel like it is important to disclose this in such a community, where a certain feeling of unity might not welcome an outsider like me.

That being said, I do have a loved one with MS and ...
Read more : Looking for input to project idea for worldwide data collect | Views : 274 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Ask about body temperature

Anybody know how to restore normal body temperature?i have low body temperature
i always feel cold especially in my hand and feet(toe)
Im taking low dose naltrexone since june 2017 and it reduce many of my symtomps like : tingling,pin n needle,burning sensation,tremor,fix my insomnia,more energy
Unfortunately it cant solve my body temperature
So anybody have the same problem & know how to fix this problem,please give me solution
Thanx before
Read more : Ask about body temperature | Views : 370 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

New biomarkers could lead to a blood test...

New biomarkers could lead to a blood test that can distinguish between relapsing remitting and progressive MS

A study led by the University of Sydney's Brain and Mind Centre and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital has revealed unique molecules in the blood of people with multiple sclerosis (MS) that could become definitive diagnostic biomarkers of the world's most common neurologic disability in young adults...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/new-biomarkers-could-lead-blood-test-can-distinguish-between-relapsing-remitting-and-progressive-ms

Read more : New biomarkers could lead to a blood test... | Views : 320 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Dietitians' Review: Mental Health via Nutrition

Promoting Mental Health through Healthy Eating and Nutritional Care
https://www.dietitians.ca/Downloads/Pub ... -2012.aspx

Key Findings
Mental health conditions are associated with long lasting disability and significant mortality through suicide, medical illness, and accidental death. It is estimated that mental health conditions cost the Canadian economy $51 billion dollars annually. By 2030, mental health issues are expected to be the leading cause of disability in Canada. Current treatments for mental ...
Read more : Dietitians' Review: Mental Health via Nutrition | Views : 277 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mental & Spiritual Health

Turpentine for MS adjunct

I know this is not related to the coimbra protocol, but it maybe a really good adjunct for those on the D protocol.
Dr Jennifer Daniels says that most of the autoimmune diseases are nothing more than the "Great Imitator" Syphilis.
The 1890 Merck manual showed that Turpentine is effective, but they switched to penicillin which has a low effective rate.
She doesn't say that MS is syphilis masquerading as MS, but she has found ...
Read more : Turpentine for MS adjunct | Views : 516 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol

Limbo stinks.

I've typed and deleted 3 novels. But it all boils down to I hate waiting and I am scared.
Read more : Limbo stinks. | Views : 679 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Advice on a new drug

I need to find a new drug as I would like to father a child.
Ideally I would like something with:
No PML risk
Oral
Men can use who wish to father a child
Thank you
Read more : Advice on a new drug | Views : 590 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Medications

More about Ibudilast

More about Ibudilast, this time from Neurology Today:

Source: http://journals.lww.com/neurotodayonlin ... ?PostID=24

Researchers reported that brain atrophy measured by the difference in the slope of brain parenchymal fraction was decreased by 48 percent among patients treated with ibudilast — a reduction of 0.00105 among patients on the drug — compared with a reduction of 0.00202 among those on placebo from baseline to week 96.
Read more : More about Ibudilast | Views : 288 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241255 • Total topics 26399 • Total members 17573

Contact us | Terms of Service