It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:12 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

enviromental toxins

The article talks of studies showing environmental toxins cause autism. Toxins in our bodies cause these neurological diseases. There are detoxification programs which may get these toxins out of the body. Important to identify the toxins and stay away from them.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =474369140
Read more : enviromental toxins | Views : 256 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Positive results - chronic toxicity study of ATL1102 in MS

Antisense Therapeutics Limited is pleased to advise that results from a chronic toxicity study in monkeys indicate that ATL1102, an antisense oligonucleotide currently under development for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), was well-tolerated when given subcutaneously for a 6-month dosing period at the 2 dose levels tested (1.5 and 3mg/kg/dose)..... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/ATL1102
Read more : Positive results - chronic toxicity study of ATL1102 in MS | Views : 328 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Can't stand this numbness and muscle cramping anymore :/

Hi,

I'm a 38yr old female and I just wish they would give me something for whatever this is!

I already have several auto immune diseases including psoriatic arthritis. For 2 months now I have had whole body numbness, tingling and muscle cramping. My Rheumo says it's MS and so does GP. I see Neuro in 4weeks.

I have barely any sensation in my body and when I do it's travelling sharp tingling. Then my ...
Read more : Can't stand this numbness and muscle cramping anymore :/ | Views : 280 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Is What This Doc Said Accurate?

Quick history:
- I have had "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" for practically my entire life, which isn't normal because it's not supposed to be childhood onset, so it's probably an undiagnosed something else.
- My son passed away from mitochondrial disease (Leigh's syndrome) almost 2 years ago. He was a couple months shy of his 10th birthday
- Mitochondrial disease can mimic MS and chronic fatigue syndrome, but is hard to diagnose
- There's no definitive ...
Read more : Is What This Doc Said Accurate? | Views : 372 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Alcohol and Tecfidera

Dear all,

I got a question about tecfidera. I'm from germany and Tecfidera was approved in Germany few months ago. My doctor told me that the americans use it since few years.
I can't find answears in german forums because there is not enough experience.

My question is: Is it possible to drink some beer after work and few hours later i can take tecfidera ? Or is that inadvisable ? My doctor says its ...
Read more : Alcohol and Tecfidera | Views : 399 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

I wish I could read an MRI

That's all.

I wish I was a doctor.

I wish I could work out what the hell is going on.

I wish that when I'm at work and my chin starts twitching I knew why.

I wish I knew why my legs suddenly felt as though someone had injected them with lead.

I wish I Knew why everything is going to pot. That's all.

I'm just a bit over it all.

Like completely.

And still ...
Read more : I wish I could read an MRI | Views : 288 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Undiagnosed

US supreme court to hear appeal of generic MS drug case

As the world’s largest maker of generic drugs, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries has been critical of brand-name manufacturers that try to block generic versions of their high-priced medicines.

But Teva is now emulating its rivals, mounting an aggressive effort to stave off generic versions of Copaxone, its big-selling brand-name drug for multiple sclerosis, which is set to lose patent protection late in May...... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/copaxone
Read more : US supreme court to hear appeal of generic MS drug case | Views : 257 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

please help me getting nowhere with doc for over 7 year

sorry for this long long story but i'm at my wits end................at a young age (about 18) i had a trapped nerve,i couldnt walk,lift leg or anything for over 2 year,i had 3 epidurals,spinal blocks,had a cast pot from my waist up to my neck,i also spent months in hospital on traction at different times,i was told it was a trapped nerve(sciatica).I eventually recovered but over the next 20yr i would suffer from a really ...
Read more : please help me getting nowhere with doc for over 7 year | Views : 319 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Update!

So I finally got in to see the Neuro... and it was a total waste of my time. He saw the tremors and said "it's really not that bad" and recommended a pill to fix it. Then he compared me to another patient he saw that had "terrible tremors all over her entire body" that were fixed with this pill. He did not attempt to get to the root of the issue, though. Just wanted ...
Read more : Update! | Views : 325 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Hair Tissue Test

I just got my results from the hair tissue test and think this test may be appropriate for sick people. The thing I am most concerned about is the toxic elements in the test. It gives a picture of the toxic elements in your blood over the last 3 months of hair growth. The blood test only gives a picture for a point in time. Both are just a picture of the blood and not ...
Read more : Hair Tissue Test | Views : 285 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216632 • Total topics 22133 • Total members 13919