It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:37 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Vitamin D reduces relapse rate in RRMS treated with Tysabri

Vitamin D supplementation reduces relapse rate in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis patients treated with natalizumab.
Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2016 Nov;10:169-173.

BACKGROUND: Vitamin D insufficiency is common among multiple sclerosis patients, and hypovitaminosis D has been associated with multiple sclerosis (MS) risk and disease activity.

OBJECTIVE: To investigate how recommendations on vitamin D3 supplements affect 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) levels in patients with relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS) and to examine the clinical effects associated with changes in 25(OH)D ...
Read more : Vitamin D reduces relapse rate in RRMS treated with Tysabri | Views : 302 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Low vitamin D predicts early conversion to SPMS

A low vitamin D status at diagnosis is associated with an early conversion to secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2016 Nov;164:254-257.

Low circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) levels have been associated with an increased risk of relapses in relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS), but an association with disability progression is uncertain. Lower 25(OH)D levels are found in secondary progressive MS (SPMS) when compared to RRMS. We hypothesized that a poor vitamin D ...
Read more : Low vitamin D predicts early conversion to SPMS | Views : 269 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Feet on fire?

Have been diagnosed with R/R for 17 years, on Tysabri for almost 10.

Recent new issue has me perplexed...I find that if I wear socks and shoes for too long and I'm on my feet, my feet start to feel like they are burning! It only gets better when I take my shoes and socks off. Sadly, I do have to actually try to be social and leave my house (even though I would be ...
Read more : Feet on fire? | Views : 364 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Gilenya and MS in Netherlands

Hello Everyone,

I have recently joined this community.
I have a question regarding the access to gilenya in Netherlands.
I currently live in Turkey and in Turkey everyone has a public health insurance and most of the medicines are reimbursed. I have MS for 7 years and currently using gilenya for one year. I do not pay anything for this drug in Turkey, i go to my neurologist, she prescribes it and i get it ...
Read more : Gilenya and MS in Netherlands | Views : 485 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gilenya

Gastrodin

This article mentioned neuroregeneration and the BBB, but said nothing about remyelination.

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2 ... ng/page-01
Read more : Gastrodin | Views : 324 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Scientist Claims She Is On The Verge Of Curing MS

My brother sent me this and thought it might be of interest to some on this site.

My response to him (he also has RRMS and is doing reasonably well - he follows no special diet, protocol of any kind nor does he take any medication):

"There are currently about 40 cures for our incurable disease. I won't hold my breath! Thanks for the link."

Here is the link:

https://newsomelet.com/meet-the-scienti ...

Tinnitus

Hey guys

So I am on that path where things don't get better and the list of issues just grows.

I started taking anti-depressants after being told by my neuro back in early June that I was in a low mood and that wouldn't help my spasticity. Jeez really - I am in a LOW MOOD? What a surprise - take the spasticity away and I will cheer up I promise.

Anyway I went along ...
Read more : Tinnitus | Views : 355 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

For wheelchairers, how do you pull up pants after toileting?

After toileting, how do you pull up your underwear and pants (by yourself) if you can't stand long enough or have sufficient balance to stand unsupported? Is there a piece of equipment you use to help, such as a standing pole or a toilet bench that allows you to lean side to side to scoot up your pants? I'm having a heck of a time figuring this out. Thanks for your help!
Read more : For wheelchairers, how do you pull up pants after toileting? | Views : 379 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

I'm in Limbo land. Should I see a neurologist?

Hi all.

I was dx with Mixed Connective Tissue disease (un medicated by choice) last August after a few years of different symptoms. But over the last 6 months or so I have had symptoms of bugs on my skin, weird vibrating feelings in different parts of my body, and my groin vibrated for about 3 weeks then went numb, but is now normal, and just recently a numbness feeling on the right side of ...
Read more : I'm in Limbo land. Should I see a neurologist? | Views : 392 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Spasticity A Presenting Symptom?

Hi all. I'm a 31 year old male concerned with symptoms. I have spasticity in my left arm where the muscle has doubled in size (noticed it by accident about 3 months ago) and contracts when moved slowly. Fortunately not painful but very tight.

My gait is deteriorating more recently. Balance and coordination is bad. Very clumsy movements. Walking downstairs is now no longer possible. Walking up can be done if short as my foot ...
Read more : Spasticity A Presenting Symptom? | Views : 372 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239262 • Total topics 26102 • Total members 17374

Contact us | Terms of Service