It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:59 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

nutrigenomics and !!MTHFR!! ma fave gene lol

some interesting recent research

Ethical considerations in the implementation of nutrigenetics/nutrigenomics (2017)
http://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/abs/1 ... -2016-0035
Awareness of ethical issues that may be raised by the implementation of nutrigenetic/nutrigenomic (NGx) testing and personalized nutrition, at an individual or a public health level, is crucial to ensure the latter's sound and effective implementation. NGx tests that are currently offered or developed have different natures and scopes. We provide an example of ...
Read more : nutrigenomics and !!MTHFR!! ma fave gene lol | Views : 275 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

workout question

for those who workout at the gym frequently how do you deal wth the light headed feeling. im sitting here waiting for the vertigo feeling to fade. been drinking lots of water and trying to relax by laying back an listen to music but it seems consistant today.
Read more : workout question | Views : 311 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Nutrition, Optic Neuritis, Optic Neuropathy

Blood Plasma Levels of Microelements in Patients with History of Optic Neuritis (2013)
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10. ... 8516642315

Purpose: To determine the concentration of microelements in the blood of patients with a history of retrobulbar optic neuritis (ON).
Materials and methods: We examined 36 patients (18–63 years of age) – 11 with demyelinating ON (Group 1) and 25 with isolated ON (Group 2) – all of whom had been treated for ...
Read more : Nutrition, Optic Neuritis, Optic Neuropathy | Views : 319 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Diet

Confused

Hello :smile:

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm having MS like symptoms tingling in my feet, cold water feeling in my legs, muscle twitching, ice pick headaches, fatigue, brain fog, etc. Here is the problem, I also have had Lyme, I was in treatment for 1.5 years. I had a Lyme test done 2 weeks ago and it was negative. I now ...
Read more : Confused | Views : 435 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Undiagnosed

I've relapsed again but no one will help

In the spring of 2014 I began having symptoms of extreme fatigue and dizziness. It got so bad I didn't want to drive. Then in Aug it got so severe that my headaches were causing vision loss and numbness in my arms and legs with a lot of weakness too. My emotions then came into play. I started having severe anxiety unexplained. I finally gotna MRI that should multiple lesions on my brain. I was ...
Read more : I've relapsed again but no one will help | Views : 332 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Swank-Wahls hybrid

Swank studied 200 patients for 34 years. Most of those who kept saturated fats below 15 grams per day were alive and walking after 34 years. Those who didn't were bedridden or dead. No drug or other lifestyle regimen can claim anything even close to this compelling.

There are a lot of really good concepts underlying the Wahls Protocol - and some anecdotal data indicating it can lessen MS fatigue and trigger a remission. However, ...
Read more : Swank-Wahls hybrid | Views : 373 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Diet

JAN 2017 ARMY MS DIAGNOSED

hello! I am a SFC in the Army with 16 years ad. i was dx with MS recently. Apparently I've had it for quite some time. I am being treated at a MTF by 2 neurologist. One says that they never let anyone stay in with that DX and the other is hesitant to say yay or nay.
I'm a career Recruiter.

Any other service members have any opinions/facts/info that might be helpful?

V/R,

S.FORD
Read more : JAN 2017 ARMY MS DIAGNOSED | Views : 334 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

voice loss

anyone else dealt with this? there were a few days where i was barely audible and had to really attempt to raise my voice just to get some words out. try speak at a normal tone and it comes off almost muted and raspy.
no pain or anything its just really odd when having discussions with family and friends.
Read more : voice loss | Views : 349 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Unexplained violent leg spasms - possibly MS?

Hey guys!

Yesterday I was doing some stretching exercises my PT gave me to help with my pelvic floor dysfunction (bowel, urinary, sexual issues) and had some particularly violent tremors in my legs that most resembled something seizure-like or wild, rapid jerking motions. My muscles get fatigued and shake pretty easy, even when doing simple stretches. Those tremors occurred on the very first stretching exercise.

I recently saw a Neurologist and had complained about hand ...
Read more : Unexplained violent leg spasms - possibly MS? | Views : 296 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Potential Multiple Sclerosis and eyes?

Hey everyone, I'd like to go ahead and say that I'm a new user here; I would go through the introduction page but I'd rather do that once all the dust in my life settles down.

Although I'm writing this message because I'm honestly lost at this point, and was hopeful maybe others could help me out here.

Basically, to start things out, on new years I experienced an acute eye problem that showed up ...
Read more : Potential Multiple Sclerosis and eyes? | Views : 399 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236343 • Total topics 25607 • Total members 16907

Contact us | Terms of Service