It is currently Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:37 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Could this be MS?

Hello everyone. A couple of months ago, I had a strange twitch on the top of my knee cap. I discounted it, but each day the twitching increased. I currently have twitches throughout much of my body along with "pins and needle" sensations that come and go - typically on my legs, but sometimes arms and even scalp! My left arm and left leg have felt kinda of numb, and a bit uncoordinated at times, ...
Read more : Could this be MS? | Views : 395 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

New MS factor found

Research published in the Journal of Immunology claims the cytokine granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM CSF) could be involved in multiple sclerosis (MS) progression and development.... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/braininflammation
Read more : New MS factor found | Views : 542 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Second case of Tecfidera PML reported

Biogen Idec has reported another case of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) in a patient taking Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate) to the FDA..... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/tecfidera
Read more : Second case of Tecfidera PML reported | Views : 418 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

More generic drug recalls from manufactures in India

In a previous thread titled Dirty Medicine we discussed generic drug recalls from India due to ineffective medications fraudulently sold by Ranbaxy. The Peoples Pharmacy now reports that there's more of the same including falsified data by Indian clinical research organizations who supposedly test and evaluate the generic drugs.

More Drug Recalls From India – Do You Trust Foreign-Made Generics?
http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2015/07/ ... -generics/
Read more : More generic drug recalls from manufactures in India | Views : 274 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Impact of diabetes 2 on lymphatic vessels identified

Many of us here have our thoughts and beliefs of what could have brought on these symptoms they call MS. Mine being a hit to the base of the skull in the mid-70s, which brought on tingling and some numbness to left arm and left leg and left foot. Hospitalization and traction resolved this for many years. 1990 a very bad fall brought on within a week drop foot with time to the point I ...
Read more : Impact of diabetes 2 on lymphatic vessels identified | Views : 253 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

new research: MS is a vascular disease

Newly published research from the ISNVD finds that pwMS do have endothelial microparticles in their blood, which are not found in normals. These microparticles are shed by dying and diseased endothelial cells, are a sign of endothelial dysfunction. They create inflammation, hypercoagulation and slow blood flow. These EMPs are related to lesions and brain atrophy in MS on MRI.

"Blood circulating microparticle species in relapsing–remitting and secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. A case–control, cross sectional study ...

Fiction Writer Seeking Help

Hello,

My name is Amy and I am a writer. Currently I am working on an Young Adult contemporary novel where the mother of the main character is battling MS. I'm reaching out to see if someone would be willing to talk to me about symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.

It's very important to me that I accurately portray this character, and it would mean a lot if I could talk to someone (preferably a woman ...
Read more : Fiction Writer Seeking Help | Views : 273 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Multiple symptoms, multiple tests, Multiple Sclerosis???

Hello, I'm fairly new to the MS world, terminology, tests and abbreviations so please bare with me. I'm also feeling very sluggish, foggy and having difficulty finding the proper words, please forgive my errors.
I'm a 39 yr old female w/ no family history of MS. Very active lifestyle until recently. Up until past yr, healthy and rarely sick, even during flu & cold seasons.
The events that lead me to considering the possibly of ...
Read more : Multiple symptoms, multiple tests, Multiple Sclerosis??? | Views : 485 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Techfedera - Side Effect Questions

Excuse my ignorance; however, our son was diagnosed with MS two months ago and just started the full dose on Monday. He is 28 years old.

Does flushing cause body temperature to raise? It goes to about 100.7 about 1.5 hours after taking dose
He is having sharp pains in his neck
He has developed a cough

Does any of this seem reflective to anyone else's side effects?

He did call the doctors office, and ...
Read more : Techfedera - Side Effect Questions | Views : 407 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

Study reveals exercise benefits mental health

In a recent study published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences, a team of researchers from Germany have identified an association between increased physical activity and improved mental health in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS)... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/exerciseresearch
Read more : Study reveals exercise benefits mental health | Views : 285 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227084 • Total topics 23944 • Total members 15257

Contact us | Terms of Service