It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 11:23 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Help I would appreciate anyone's opinion

hello, new here I have been living in what I would call my own personal hell for the last 9months. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia many years ago but up until 9 months ago I am not convinced . One day at work I noticed my hand went tingling and became painful to which brought me to tears then my left arm went numb for a whole day I have tingling and nimbleness in ...
Read more : Help I would appreciate anyone's opinion | Views : 274 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Crestor & MS

Just wondering if there is any literature on Crestor and the potential effects it has on Multiple Sclerosis patients? I've searched high and low and most everything i come across is about Lipitor.

Thanks.
Chris
Read more : Crestor & MS | Views : 283 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Statins

Questions about supplements

Hello all. I have a few questions about supplements that I'm hoping maybe someone could shed some light on.

Here is a list of supplements im currently on

Vitamin D 3 4800IU per day (vitamin D blood level at 96 n/mol as of 2 months ago) is 4800 enough?
Vitamin B Complex
Multi-Vitamin
Uniquinol-QH ( CoQ10) http://www.pureencapsulations.com/ubiqu ... 100mg.html
Omega 3

My question is, should i be taking any ...
Read more : Questions about supplements | Views : 238 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Cytokines may play major role in MS

Researchers say they have discovered the role of a major cytokine in multiple sclerosis that could be a target for new therapy against the disease.... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/immunecells
Read more : Cytokines may play major role in MS | Views : 249 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Photo campaign challenges condition stereotypes

A Buckinghamshire charity is trying to show us how the people they treat are not all the same, despite stereotypes.

This National MS Awareness week sees the launch of a campaign by the Chilterns MS Centre in Wendover called #30talkingheads which challenges the preconceptions surrounding multiple sclerosis (MS)..... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/MSnews
Read more : Photo campaign challenges condition stereotypes | Views : 207 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Peripheral blood T cell dynamics predict relapse....

Peripheral blood T cell dynamics predict relapse in MS patients on Fingolimod

Fingolimod efficiently reduces multiple sclerosis (MS) relapse by inhibiting lymphocyte egress from lymph nodes through down-modulation of sphingosine 1-phosphate (S1P) receptors. We aimed to clarify the alterations in peripheral blood T cell subsets associated with MS relapse on fingolimod......... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/gilenya
Read more : Peripheral blood T cell dynamics predict relapse.... | Views : 257 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gilenya

possible multiple sclerosis

I have been feeling numbness and tingling in my face since 2011. It used to be so bad I had to touch my face to see if I still have feeling. I had one seizure as a child due to high fever. I have brain zaps I think its called. I have to stop suddenly with whatever I am doing at the moment. It last 1 second. It got a little better after a sinus ...
Read more : possible multiple sclerosis | Views : 266 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Negative MRI

I have been experiencing MS like symptoms. Right not I am in the process of ruling out other diseases. I recently had an mri and the radiologist told my dr.it was ok. However, when I looked at images there was a visible white spot that appeared in some of the images. Is it possible the radiologist overlooked the spot or thought it was insignificant? Is it possible when I see a neuro...he will have a ...
Read more : Negative MRI | Views : 238 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Medtronics Pain Pump

VERY IMPORTANT NEWS

Health | Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:58pm EDT Related: HEALTH
Medtronic to halt manufacture of pain drug pump -U.S. regulators
BY SUSAN KELLY
(Reuters) - Medtronic Plc has agreed to stop manufacturing and distributing its SynchroMed implantable drug pump, U.S. regulators said on Monday, a step toward resolving allegations that the company violated quality standards with the device which delivers pain medication to cancer patients and others.

Medtronic failed to correct problems ...
Read more : Medtronics Pain Pump | Views : 208 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Muscle Cramps

Hello all,
I have been presenting symptoms of MS for about a year now, last 3 months they have become worse. Co-workers and friends asked if I had a drinking problem. Speech and walking becoming more difficult. I've done so much research...talked to my doctor. (going back next week to talk about plans)
My question today is regarding the muscle cramps. All the research I have done doesn't really explain what I am experiencing.
My ...
Read more : Muscle Cramps | Views : 247 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 225627 • Total topics 23666 • Total members 15020

Contact us | Terms of Service