It is currently Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:03 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

took 24 years

took 24 years but I'm finally bed bound. not bad no life left but I'm 51 so I guess i did alright :sad:
Read more : took 24 years | Views : 527 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

I may have MS, please help. Sorry Long...

Good afternoon. I know that it takes a while to figure out if MS is the cause, but I have a story to tell. I hope that someone may be able to help me. Sorry that this is long, but I will condense the best I can:

I am 46, male, and from puerto rican decent. I am adopted and didn't know any family history until 4 days ago. I found my brother on Facebook. ...
Read more : I may have MS, please help. Sorry Long... | Views : 481 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

report: <1% of canadians meeting diet guidelines

Most Waterloo Region residents don't meet food guidelines: report (2014)
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener ... -1.2735121
"Researchers found that only 3 out of every 1000 people in the region met the healthy eating guidelines set out by Health Canada.
"It's a fairly shocking number, especially because 75 per cent of Canadians think they eat a good or excellent-quality diet," "But actually the Canadian average is about 0.5 ...
Read more : report: <1% of canadians meeting diet guidelines | Views : 300 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Diet

CCSVI in Meniere disease

Mèniére Disease (MD) is a disorder of the inner ear producing vertigo and hearing loss. Circulatory problems seem to be implicated. The researchers in this article compare CCSVI in MS patients with normal controls and MD patients.

The importance for this forum is that it shows really striking differences between the normal controls and the MS patients that I had not seen previously published, like the division of jugular veins in three levels (IJ1 - ...
Read more : CCSVI in Meniere disease | Views : 295 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Question about treatment without MRI info.

Hi there,

Following the advice from a regular member here, my husband (who has advanced MS - as seen on his two MRIs, but very mild symptoms - some optic neurisis and balance issues) - has decided not to get his follow-up, 6 month MRI. There are concerns about the toxicity of the contrast dye involved in the MRIs, and we figured better safe than sorry. Maybe?

Anyway, we are wondering about how to decide ...
Read more : Question about treatment without MRI info. | Views : 384 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Bioness L300 for left leg

Bioness L300,left leg, cuff size medium including controller, gait sensor and replacement battery. user guide and carrying case.
Paid $6000+, asking $2500 or obo. If interested or have questions, contact me either thru this site or email me at
lsg111262@gmail.com
Read more : Bioness L300 for left leg | Views : 414 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Shopping

Bioness L300 for left leg

Bioness L300,left leg, cuff size medium including controller, gait sensor and replacement battery. user guide and carrying case.
Paid $6000+, asking $2500 or obo. If interested or have questions, contact me either thru this site or email me at
lsg111262@gmail.com
Read more : Bioness L300 for left leg | Views : 394 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Medical Devices

Imbalances in brain microbiota may be behind demyelination..

Imbalances in brain microbiota may be behind demyelination in MS, study says

Alterations in microorganisms in the brains of multiple sclerosis patients could contribute to underlying disease mechanisms, including demyelination, according to researchers...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/imbalances-brain-microbiota-may-be-behind-demyelination-ms-study-says-121216
Read more : Imbalances in brain microbiota may be behind demyelination.. | Views : 344 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New clues to myelination could help identify ways to...

New clues to myelination could help identify ways to intervene in neurodegenerative diseases

Researchers at the University at Buffalo have identified a critical step in myelination after birth that has significance for treating neurodegenerative diseases like multiple sclerosis, in which myelin is lost or damaged...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/new-clues-myelination-could-help-identify-ways-intervene-neurodegenerative-diseases-121216
Read more : New clues to myelination could help identify ways to... | Views : 302 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS-UK Guest blog: Indoor Skydiving with Sportability

Check out our latest blog - a review of indoor skydiving with Christian Rolfe - see what he makes of Sportability in this guest blog! https://multiplesclerosisuk.wordpress.com/2016/12/12/guest-blog-indoor-skydiving-with-sportability/
Read more : MS-UK Guest blog: Indoor Skydiving with Sportability | Views : 258 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235701 • Total topics 25496 • Total members 16779

Contact us | Terms of Service