It is currently Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Pain in Sacrum - DR appt tomorrow

I just returned from vacation in a nice sunny location...yay.

However, during my trip I started to experience a little bit of discomfort in my sacrum. I've had a little twinge there for about two years. Nothing too serious. I initially dismissed it as related to increased physical activity. I started learning Tai Chi which has a lot of stretching motions, some in the hip, waist area. So I thought it was related to that. ...
Read more : Pain in Sacrum - DR appt tomorrow | Views : 251 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Funding for trials of non patent-able substances

Over the years, I have seen many many natural or other substances claimed to help or cure or reverse MS. A lot of these use the fact that formal studies have not been performed or published because of lack of funding as Pharma or such would not be able to make any money. For example, its not a substance a company could patent, and therefore hold/own the market on.

In my view, this situation has ...
Read more : Funding for trials of non patent-able substances | Views : 337 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Medicare and MS

Will soon (and too soon!) be 65. What coverage does Medicare give to people with MS? What happens to coverage for all those expensive drugs we use?
Read more : Medicare and MS | Views : 363 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Fresh Diagnosis, still reeling, drug options, cure soon?

Hello, my name is Max. I'm a 37 year old male in San Diego with a fresh MS diagnosis as of last week. Everything I suspect so far makes it seem relapsing. I've always been active and relatively healthy with diet and exercise. I'm not sure what my future holds. I have a very supportive and loving wife which I'm happy to have more than ever. No children, but I do have a needy cat ...
Read more : Fresh Diagnosis, still reeling, drug options, cure soon? | Views : 385 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

my sister

in the name of Allah the Most Merciful.first of all thank god for all the blessings and graces. hello everybody, im 28years old man . my 32years old sister had a ms. she is married with two kids . its been around 6 years now since we discovered that she has the ms .she is on medication now . long story short ive been reading about the marijuana as a medicine for the ms . ...
Read more : my sister | Views : 349 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Newly Diagnosed, not new to this suffering

Hi. I was diagnosed one month ago today, but suspect I've had this disease for at least nine years and possibly a lot longer, maybe even more than 20 years when I was still in the military. I would get sick and tired and clumsy for awhile and it would get better, but each time it came back it was worse. The first time I partially lost vision was nine years ago. I also have ...
Read more : Newly Diagnosed, not new to this suffering | Views : 298 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Limbo Causing Denial...

Hi everyone,

New here, first post. I apologize in advance that it's so long! I'm hoping someone here can help me see the bigger picture. The longer this diagnostic process goes on, the more I want to say forget it and sweep it all under the rug but I know something is wrong so here I am.

About a month ago I started having this weird thing happen. The left side of my body primarily ...
Read more : Limbo Causing Denial... | Views : 353 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Docs think it's MS, brain MRI negative. Next, cervical MRI

Hi everyone-

As introduction, I'm a 36 year old female who's been experiencing symptoms for a couple years. In January, I finally had insurance coverage and went to my primary care doctor. She sent me to a neuro because she suspected MS right away. I went to neuro, he ordered a brain MRI (which was negative) and a blood test for Vitamin D (which he says low levels can exhibit many symptoms which look like ...
Read more : Docs think it's MS, brain MRI negative. Next, cervical MRI | Views : 360 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Link with antibodies offers new insight into MS diagnosis

Researchers at Immco Diagnostics and the State University of New York have reported in the journal PLoS One that the frequency of specific auto reactive antibodies does not differ between patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) and people without the condition — a finding that could lead to improvements in diagnosis. The study is entitled “Humoral Responses to Diverse Autoimmune Disease-Associated Antigens in Multiple Sclerosis...... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/immunecells
Read more : Link with antibodies offers new insight into MS diagnosis | Views : 292 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226714 • Total topics 23880 • Total members 15153

Contact us | Terms of Service