It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Inversion?

For the past ten years I've used The Back Revolution, an inversion device designed to decompress lumbar discs: https://www.inversionusa.com/Bent-Knee- ... stems.html Could this work with CCSVI?
Read more : Inversion? | Views : 349 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Dr. Coimbra Protocol

I would like to hear from anyone on this protocol. I am just about to start.

Kittie.
Read more : Dr. Coimbra Protocol | Views : 867 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol

Researchers launch smartphone app for MSers

New Zealand researchers have created a smartphone app that could help thousands of people with multiple sclerosis (MS)...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/researchers-launch-smartphone-app-msers

Read more : Researchers launch smartphone app for MSers | Views : 484 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

mavenclad vs lemtrada

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what people thought about mavenclad and lemtrada on a comparative level in terms of positive and negative aspects intrinsic to each drug?

maven clad appears to be just as good as HSCT, and the side effects also seem minor in comparison to lemtrada, no?

Wishing everyone a good day!

Earth
Read more : mavenclad vs lemtrada | Views : 405 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS is not a single disease. It is four at least.

MS was defined in the XIX century as the presence of scars in the brain. They didn't know what was causing them, and they still don't know. There is no diagnosis test available except to observe the lesions via MRI or guess them via relapses. If your doctor finds that you have lesions distributed in time and space, then you have MS. There is no other criteria available.

In fact, some special cases previously considered ...
Read more : MS is not a single disease. It is four at least. | Views : 498 | Replies : 4 | Forum : MS Etiology and Pathogenesis

New symptom: Back pain

I have another symptom that has come on suddenly. When I went to bed last night, there was a sharp pain in my spine (a few inches above the bra line) that radiated in a line across both shoulder blades at the same time. It was really painful and lasted about 5 seconds or so, then stopped. It happened again several times today. I haven't injured myself in any way so I can't figure ...
Read more : New symptom: Back pain | Views : 484 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Totally Confused

So I had an MRI performed because what started out with the best way to describe is white hot flashes of pain that would last for hours in the same spot. Then the next time it would flair up it could feel like something hot was being pour down my side or leg (or wherever it decided to act up). Then the restless leg syndrome kicked in. Next thing I know it's full body.

I ...
Read more : Totally Confused | Views : 413 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Gileyna significantly reduces relapses in children...

Phase III trial shows Gileyna significantly reduces relapses in children and adolescents with MS

A phase III Paradigms study in paediatric multiple sclerosis (MS) has met its primary end point, showing a significant reduction in the occurrence of relapses with Gileyna (also known as fingolimod) versus interferon beta-1a...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/phase-iii-trial-shows-gileyna-significantly-reduces-relapses-children-and-adolescents-ms
Read more : Gileyna significantly reduces relapses in children... | Views : 539 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gilenya

Read our new blog 'Watch our Choices leaflets video'

Read our new blog 'Watch our Choices leaflets video'

https://multiplesclerosisuk.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/watch-our-choices-leaflets-video/ and find out more about our new Choices leaflets and how we ask those affected by Multiple Sclerosis to contribute.
Read more : Read our new blog 'Watch our Choices leaflets video' | Views : 321 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Glandular fever associated with increased risk of MS...

Glandular fever associated with increased risk of MS across multiple ethnic groups

According to research, the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and a history of glandular fever (infectious mononucleosis) have been associated with an increased risk of developing multiple sclerosis (MS) across a number of ethnic groups. - Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/glandular-fever-associated-increased-risk-ms-across-multiple-ethnic-groups
Read more : Glandular fever associated with increased risk of MS... | Views : 362 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240135 • Total topics 26237 • Total members 17480

Contact us | Terms of Service