It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:32 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Crushing fatigue... help!

Hi there,

It's been a while since I've posted here. I've been struggling with extreme fatigue for a while now. My neuro put me on modafinil, but I did not react well to it at all. It gave me severe headaches, as well as sensitivity to light and inability to focus. Although it did help with the lassitude, I decided that debilitating fatigue is far better than debilitating headaches, and I stopped taking it. The ...
Read more : Crushing fatigue... help! | Views : 604 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and primary vascular dysregulation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27307797
EPMA J. 2016 Jun 15;7:13. doi: 10.1186/s13167-016-0062-6. eCollection 2016.

Multiple sclerosis and primary vascular dysregulation (Flammer syndrome).

Konieczka K1, Koch S1, Binggeli T1, Schoetzau A1, Kesselring J2.
Author information

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an inflammatory demyelinating disease of the CNS of still unknown aetiology. Flammer syndrome (FS) encompasses a set of symptoms and signs that are primarily but not solely related to the dysregulation of blood ...

2.5 L fluid intake requirement

I was wondering how folks manage to maintain the 2.5 L fluid intake requirement daily.
Do you have a 2.5L bottle that you drink from?
Do you take sips every 10 minutes?
Any tips or tricks for the elderly that forget to drink?
Read more : 2.5 L fluid intake requirement | Views : 301 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol

So... It's official. Time to move forward

Went to see the neuro doc yesterday. So it's official. They want to treat me with trecfidera. They wanted to immediately order Iv steroids for 3 to 5 days but I refused. I believe I'm on the rebound from my flare up. My symptoms are a lot better than what they were so I'm just gonna wait it out. So now the game begins. The dx is no surprise to me. I was pretty sure ...
Read more : So... It's official. Time to move forward | Views : 353 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Degree of posture difficulties in MS linked...

Degree of posture difficulties in MS linked to areas of nervous system most damaged by disease

Posture control is a complex skill, requiring different areas of the nervous system to work well and to work together — but the damage caused by multiple sclerosis complicates such nervous system multi-tasking, leading to postural problems and the well-established tendency for MS patients to fall...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/degree-posture-difficulties-ms-linked-areas-nervous-system-most-damaged-disease-271016
Read more : Degree of posture difficulties in MS linked... | Views : 339 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Direct nerve stimulation can help some MS symptoms

Anodal transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) over the right parietal cortex can help improve reaction times in visual vigilance tests but not subjective feelings of fatigue for people with multiple sclerosis, according to the results of a recent study. Conducted by Katrin Hanken of the Department of Psychology at Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg in Germany, and colleagues, the study was published in the journal Frontiers in Neurology in September 2016...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/direct-nerve-stimulation-can-help-some-ms-symptoms-271016
Read more : Direct nerve stimulation can help some MS symptoms | Views : 297 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

vascular problems also found in the retina

The retina and the optic nerve are the only extensions of the CNS that can be observed non-invasive. The retina in MS is known to degenerate and is unknown how, as there is no myelin on the retina and current MS models do not explain this problem.

Two new articles have found that retinal degeneration is linked to blood flow problems in the eye.

I would challenge any supporter of the autoimmune model to explain ...

RE: MS DRUGS-WHO IS USING WHAT?

Read more : RE: MS DRUGS-WHO IS USING WHAT? | Views : 386 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Dosage for starting again

Hi everybody, I'm new in this chat and I would like to hear some thoughts from you please.

I stopped taking 3.5 mg, 3 months ago because I was feeling worst with foot drop and problems with vision, but I am thinking about giving a second chance but I don't know if it's good idea after not taking it 3 months ago because everything might get worst, and if it's good idea to start and ...
Read more : Dosage for starting again | Views : 287 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235108 • Total topics 25366 • Total members 16576

Contact us | Terms of Service