It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Editorial: Comorbidity in MS: Some Answers, More Questions

Comorbidity in Multiple Sclerosis: Some Answers, More Questions (2016)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5166592/

"Over the last few years, investigators have highlighted the high prevalence of comorbidity in the MS population.2 The most common comorbidities are depression, anxiety, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and chronic lung disease.2 These comorbidities are common even at the time of MS diagnosis; 19% of individuals have sought care for depression by this time, while 11.1% have sought care for anxiety,3 ...
Read more : Editorial: Comorbidity in MS: Some Answers, More Questions | Views : 242 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Have not started yet.

I am currently taking 50,000 IU of D 2 x/week. B complex, and Fish oil 3, 6, 9.

My JCV test came back borderline positive. I am eligible for Tsyabri, and I am considering Plegerdy. Is there anything else I should consider. I will of course check with the Doc at my appointment in a couple of weeks. I also live with a nurse.
Read more : Have not started yet. | Views : 467 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Regimens

My sense of humor.

I am not sure I should let my sense of humor out here. I can best describe it as shockingly disturbing. I keep it under wraps so I don't offend people.
Read more : My sense of humor. | Views : 290 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Spasticity and pain level changing with posture

My main issue has been numb right hand with spasticity and pain. But this aggrevates ten times once I raise my hand or even stand up. Does this happens with others also.
Read more : Spasticity and pain level changing with posture | Views : 264 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Lyme disease Testimonials (Coimbra Protocol)

-
Lyme disease Testimonials (Coimbra Protocol)

Lyme disease is caused by four main species of bacteria: Borrelia burgdorferi, Borrelia mayonii, Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii bacteria. Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia mayonii cause Lyme disease in the United States, while Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii are the leading causes of Lyme disease in Europe and Asia. The most common tick-borne illness in these regions, Lyme disease is transmitted by the bite of an infected black-legged ...

Protein in spider venom helps protect the brain from stroke

A protein in spider venom may help protect the brain from injury after a stroke, according to research.
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39335367

Scientists found a single dose of the protein Hi1a worked on lab rats.

They said it showed "great promise as a future stroke treatment" but had not yet been tested in human trials.

The Stroke Association said the research was at its early stages but it would "welcome any treatment ...
Read more : Protein in spider venom helps protect the brain from stroke | Views : 207 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Heat and excessive sweating

Hi everyone. I'm a 33 year old female, diagnosed with MS in March 2015. I had two relapses back to back, but haven't had any relapses since May 2015. I feel almost normal most of the time, except for one thing. When my body temperature rises, I start to sweat profusely on my face and scalp. It doesn't take much exertion to cause it, just walking around at a quick pace. Sometimes I'll just be ...
Read more : Heat and excessive sweating | Views : 298 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

MRI, Spinal, or Blood

Should I do an MRI scan, spinal puncture or a blood test first?
Read more : MRI, Spinal, or Blood | Views : 283 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Survey Closed

Thank you for your input! We truly appreciate your time and your feedback.
Read more : Survey Closed | Views : 355 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gilenya

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237643 • Total topics 25821 • Total members 17097

Contact us | Terms of Service