It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:02 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Bioness L300, set for right and left legs.

I have 2 Bioness L300 for both the right and left legs that were my grandmothers. My aunt has asked me to sell them for her. They were purchased about 2 years ago and were only used 4 times. They are still in the original cases with all paper work, instructions. My aunt paid over 10k for the set and is asking less than half at $5,000 for the set. Please feel free to contact ...
Read more : Bioness L300, set for right and left legs. | Views : 179 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Medical Devices

Campath and hair loss

Since I started using campath, my hair falls out more and more.
This was 3 years ago and i have been wearing a permanent wig for almost a year, funny thing is it is just on my head.

I cannot find anything related on the internet, can somebody please help or guide me whether or not it is caused by campath?

I have tried everything on the market to get my hair back but nothing ...
Read more : Campath and hair loss | Views : 203 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

First patient enrolled in phase II vatelizumab trial.....

First patient enrolled in phase II vatelizumab trial in relapsing remitting MS

Genzyme, a Sanofi company, announced today enrollment of the first patient in a multicenter Phase II clinical trial to evaluate Genzyme’s investigational infusion therapy vatelizumab in patients with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS). The trial, called EMPIRE, is designed to assess the efficacy of vatelizumab vs. placebo in RRMS patients. The safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of vatelizumab will also be assessed....... Read More ...
Read more : First patient enrolled in phase II vatelizumab trial..... | Views : 173 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Sleep disorders may be 'hidden epidemic' in people with MS

Undiagnosed sleep disorders may be at the root of the most common and disabling symptom of multiple sclerosis—fatigue, according a new study published online in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine.

Conducted by researchers at University of California, Davis in Sacramento, California, the study involved more than 2,300 people suffering from the disease. More than 70% of participants screened positive for one or more sleep disorders............ Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/mssymptomsresearch
Read more : Sleep disorders may be 'hidden epidemic' in people with MS | Views : 238 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS doctors and patients push for repurposing of Simvastatin

MS doctors and patients push for repurposing of Simvastatin for treating secondary progressive MS

Sir - A number of repurposed medicines have shown strong preliminary evidence that they could be effective in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), but Britain lacks a system by which old drugs can be relicensed for new purposes.......Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/MSnews
Read more : MS doctors and patients push for repurposing of Simvastatin | Views : 283 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

More tests or "wait & see"?

Hi - this is my first post to this forum. I'm curious on your opinions regarding continuing to test for possible MS or just taking a wait & see attitude. A little history:

I had a first bout of Abducen's Palsy in 2008 lasting about 3 weeks. Brain MRI w & w/o contrast was completely clean. All signs cleared up completely & we chalked it up to a random occurrence.

I had a 2nd bout ...
Read more : More tests or "wait & see"? | Views : 221 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Undiagnosed

does it get worse before getting better

I think I've mentioned this here before, but I think I was alone on this. I'm still trying to make Tec work, and am on my sixth attempt. What happens is about a week into the half dose, I start getting all kinds of new MS symptoms. These disappear when I discontinue the drug. For example, I just started getting the hug tonight--never had that before. Or I'll start feeling wobbly on my feet, or ...
Read more : does it get worse before getting better | Views : 366 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

Even the enemy can see the difference if they do things righ

We have again another report finding differences in blood flow but saying that they are the consequence. The most important contribution of these articles is that they show that flow differences really exists, and even the CCSVI-against doctors can find them.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25360597

Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Cerebral Arterial and Venous Haemodynamics in Multiple Sclerosis: A Case-Control Study.

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
Although recent studies excluded an association between Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency ...

MS? other autoimmune problem? Sport-induced partly

In mid July I got a surprise asthma attack in the middle of the night. I never had asthma before, and it took about 6 weeks and lots of medication to get better again.

2-3 weeks after the attack, I had just stopped oral prednisolone (only took for 6 days) I felt very confused, scared and my left lower limbs and right knee started tingling. Didn't connect this with the pills. Went to ER, got ...
Read more : MS? other autoimmune problem? Sport-induced partly | Views : 450 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Undiagnosed

Diet cure anyone?

Hi There,

I am relatively new to MS - 1 year diagnosed with PPMS, 3 years suffering from symptoms. I have tried a vast number of 'cures' over the past 2 years costing thousands of $ all to no avail.

I now try a mixture of supplements, low dose naltraxone, exercise and an adapted Jelinek/Wahls diet (plus occasional visits to a Psychologist). I cope OK.
What I want to ask the forum is this: Who ...
Read more : Diet cure anyone? | Views : 1499 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221784 • Total topics 23030 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service