It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:34 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MUST SEE video - Kyle Lagrasso

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but this story is absolutely amazing. What a great little dude.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1197420&=yvmtf

I hope the link works.
Read more : MUST SEE video - Kyle Lagrasso | Views : 1783 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Daily Life

Botox Injections For Blepharospasm - My Opinions

Botox Injections For Blepharospasm / Hemifacial Spasms - My Opinions

As a matter of fact, I have received 3 therapy sessions of Botox injections from a neurosurgeon for my chronic medication-induced involuntary uncontrollable non-stop rapid eyelid-twtiching / eye-blinking at a very exorbitant cost of U.S 5000 dollars each from an expensive private medical centre located in my home country (one of the less-developed ones in Asia) before I have actually got it gradually and totally ...
Read more : Botox Injections For Blepharospasm - My Opinions | Views : 1742 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Can anyone explain?

I was on the trial for one year. I had a MRI at the end of the year and they said I was out of the trial. The doc said only two reason for that: either a bad reaction or not benefitting. I had no bad reactions so...

I thought I was doing well on it. My question is: why wasn't I given steroids and allowed to continue on the treatment? I have read posts ...
Read more : Can anyone explain? | Views : 1550 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Opinions on clinical trial

Hi all,

I've been recently diagnosed (about a month and a half ago), and was told to pick a DMD. I live near 2 fairly well known hospitals with MS centers, and looked into what trials they had. One hospital has several trials for which they are recruiting. I shied away from the trials which have a placebo group, and came up with two possibilities. One is the Campath trial, but unfortunately it is the ...
Read more : Opinions on clinical trial | Views : 1866 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Accelerated Cure Project Benefit

Hi guys.
This is my record label. Anybody around the Chicago area might be interested.

CARROT TOP RECORDS CELEBRATES SWEET 16
A BENEFIT FOR THE ACCELERATED CURE PROJECT FOR MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
SEPTEMBER 26, 27 AT THE HIDEOUT CHICAGO

"The Hideout stacks up another fantastic weekend lineup with a Sweet 16 Party for Carrot Top Records." --Time Out Chicago

Friday, September 26th and Saturday, September 27th
Carrot Top Records Party @ Hideout Chicago
1354 W Wabansia ...
Read more : Accelerated Cure Project Benefit | Views : 2050 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Sandy...Did you all know her?? A progess report!

Rod and Sandy were some folks who did the HiCy as well...Here is an email I received from them last night:

"We just did the 3 month follow up. No active lesions. Went from 12 seconds walking with cane to 6 with out cane, 4 is an average time for a healthy person. Most of the spasticity is gone just her feet are still numb and stiff. She got a 59 out of 60 on ...

Red Wine

Everyone must be feeling a bit down after the Tovaxin results. Look on the bright side - they fared better than current medications.

Anyway, we all love the idea of DIY self medication. There has been that Tryptophan and then there was something else before it and later N Acetyl Glucosamine (which I take religiously although it didn't prevent my last relapse) and nicotinamide (protects the axons - take it when you have an attack) ...
Read more : Red Wine | Views : 1610 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Natural Approach

TYSABRI(R) Demonstrates Sustained Improvement in Functional

TYSABRI(R) Demonstrates Sustained Improvement in Functional Outcomes in Multiple Sclerosis Patients According to New Post-Hoc Analysis

Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN) announced that a post-hoc analysis showed TYSABRI®(natalizumab) treatment increases the probability of achieving sustained improvement in physical disability over two years when compared to placebo. This post-hoc analysis provides the first evidence that TYSABRI is associated with a significant improvement in functional outcome, rather than only slowing or preventing ...

Opexa Announces Top-Line Results from Phase IIb Trial

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show ... 8638.shtml

MONTREAL - (Business Wire) Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company dedicated to the development of patient-specific cellular therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, today announced top-line data from the company’s Phase IIb TERMS (Tovaxin® for Early Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis) study. Top-line results from the study demonstrated a positive trend in the reduction in annualized relapse rate (ARR) for ...
Read more : Opexa Announces Top-Line Results from Phase IIb Trial | Views : 10831 | Replies : 67 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Attack!

Am I the only one that is affected by the cooler weather in relation to it bringing on an "attack"? If I am in air conditioning too long, or if the weather changes to a cool, or rainy day, I will almost always begin to feel my symptoms appear. I know everybody has different symptoms, but I've only heard about adverse heat reactions, and not cold. Guess I'm "special."
Read more : Attack! | Views : 1127 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226246 • Total topics 23793 • Total members 15097

Contact us | Terms of Service