It is currently Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

I've been copaxoned!

The copaxone training lady came to meet with me at work. I have now done my first injection and so far so good. I have a small red area on a wobbly bit and it seriously stung for a bit but now it just achey stings. I can live with this!

The side effects are ok and she said that she's had a lady do an entire pregnancy on it and had a healthy delivery! ...
Read more : I've been copaxoned! | Views : 1346 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Treatment 1: Solu-Medrol/methylprednisolone and side effects

After recently being diagnosed on 6/6 I've started a 5 day IV drip of Solu-Medrol(steroids) as a first step before I start a long term approach to attacking the diesase. I guess it's pretty standard stuff.

I had some questions about the experience of anyone that has gone through this treatment because I've been experiencing some side effects.

During the treatment I felt great. I even went for a couple runs for the first time ...
Read more : Treatment 1: Solu-Medrol/methylprednisolone and side effects | Views : 1376 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

confusion and then some

hi i'm sayuri, dxed a year and a half ago.this might be long. sorry in advance. i have a lot of questions and i feel my neurologist is too busy to worry with the likes of me. anyway my most severe issues latley, i feel like i'm emotionally mentally irrational,( took me about a full minute get that word out) i yelled at my best friend because she wanted to use my phone. i felt ...
Read more : confusion and then some | Views : 1796 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

Interferon and atorvastatin may increase disease activity

The combination of 40 or 80 mg atorvastatin with thrice weekly, 44 mcg interferon beta-1a in persons with multiple sclerosis resulted in increased MRI and clinical disease activity. Caution is suggested in administering this combination.

http://tinyurl.com/5g4hao
Read more : Interferon and atorvastatin may increase disease activity | Views : 2556 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Statins

MS?

I'm sure you guys get many people on here asking if these are the symptoms of MS. So please forgive me for being another intruder with odd symptoms and no diagnosis. But I'm freaking out here.
I know some of this stuff is symptoms, but I'm not sure about other things.

Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Sherry. I'm a 33 yr old mother to four children. Ages 14-4. I'm ...
Read more : MS? | Views : 2057 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Question about eyesight

I have a question for those who read this post...

Last night I fell asleep in bed watching TV, after about and hour I woke up.... I was hot so I stood up to turn on the ceiling fan and noticed that I couldn't see right. At first I thought my eyes were just trying to adjust, but they never did snap out of it. Both of my eyes worked fine by theirselves, but they ...
Read more : Question about eyesight | Views : 1450 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Longer term results?

I have to apologize, I am only recently starting to follow the HyCy threads.

I have yet to find any discussions in the threads, or further information on the web, regarding the statements:
Kerr cautions that the "reboot" phenomenon didn't work in all the patients. Two years after treatment, MRI images showed that the disease had reactivated in about half the study participants, suggesting that their renewed ability may not be permanent.
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-06/jhmi-dr061008.php

A lead into ...
Read more : Longer term results? | Views : 2075 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Chances of me getting MS?

Just curious about the stats on me getting MS... I was reading about it now I'm becoming worried and paranoid. :oops:

Me:
- 19 years old
- Male
- White
- Living in Canada (Province of Ontario)
- No family history of MS to my knowledge
- No signs or symptoms as of yet
- Developed majority of major infections as a small child (i.e. chickenpox)

So? ...
Read more : Chances of me getting MS? | Views : 3483 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Are these LDN side effects?

I started 1.75 mg 13 days ago. I've had no insomnia or vivid dreams or anything like that, but I have noticed an increase in weakness in my right leg, much worse numbness in my hands, and feeling more tired than usual in just the last week or so. My right foot is also numb for the first time ever. Could this just be coincidence or actual side effects from the LDN? The leg weakness ...
Read more : Are these LDN side effects? | Views : 12005 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Loobie's 100 day club thread

Well,

I really wanted to post this about a week ago, but I had to give it the 4 day test, plus a few. After about an entire month of feeling better, I have slipped back to where I was before, and actually a little worse. If you remember from my previous 100 day club post, I had been feeling more stable and much stronger in the leg dept. Not running or anything, just feeling ...
Read more : Loobie's 100 day club thread | Views : 8866 | Replies : 66 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224330 • Total topics 23422 • Total members 14834

Contact us | Terms of Service