It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:50 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Dummies

I get a couple of e-mails a week from the 'Dummies' people pushing their latest books. Today's e-mail was a bit of a jaw dropper:

Multiple Sclerosis For Dummies

By Rosalind Kalb, Ph.D., Nancy Holland, RN, EdD, MSCN, Barbara Giesser, MD, David L. Lander

Now if only they could write MS Research for Dummies.
Read more : Dummies | Views : 1660 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Libido

I seem to have misplaced mine in the past few years. Worrying, since I'm at an age where I should have increased urges. They're simply not there, at all.

At first I thought that having surgery for endometriosis 4-5 years ago was the reason. Now I'm wondering if I can point back to MS as the culprit.

Anyone else have these problems? I'm taking Chaste Tree at the suggestion of my nutritionist/natural doctor along with ...
Read more : Libido | Views : 1342 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Ifn-B + Curcumin

Here's an interesting paper that came out last Fall which looked at the effects of curcumin combined with Ifn-B.

Curcumin modulation of IFN-beta and IL-12 signalling and cytokine induction in human T cells.
J Cell Mol Med. 2007 Sep-Oct;11(5):1129-37.
    Curcumin is a polyphenol derived from the dietary spice turmeric. It possesses diverse anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Curcumin has been shown to exhibit an inhibitory effect on the production of inflammatory cytokines by human monocytes ...
Read more : Ifn-B + Curcumin | Views : 2211 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Avonex

After my first round of steroids

I had a lot of 'symptoms' previously, including a ton of sensory issues.

Following the 6 day IV steroids and month tapering off, most of the symptoms are gone. The remaining symptoms that cause me concern now: I get what feels like a 'hot' feeling in my head, comes and goes, but feels like a heat wave in my skull, at the back to the top of the head. I also get pain in the ...
Read more : After my first round of steroids | Views : 1585 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

minocycline vs. doxycycline in CAP protocol

Hello,

I have a few questions about using doxy vs. mino in the CAP protocol. So as I understand it:

* Doxy is officially used in the protocol
* Some people use Mino instead
* Mino may have some neuroprotective properties

My questions are:

1. Is there any reason to believe Doxy would be more (or less) effective than Mino? If they are assumed equal, I'd think Mino would have the edge b/c of its ...
Read more : minocycline vs. doxycycline in CAP protocol | Views : 2829 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Antibiotics

Drug companies ghostwriting research

Research ghostwriting common, insiders say
Drug companies seek recognized authors

By Jonathan Bor, Sun reporter, April 18, 2008

The news this week that Merck & Co. conducted research on its own drug and paid prominent scientists to lend their names to the studies came as no surprise to many people in medicine.

Researchers and ethicists say scientists are often paid to be listed as authors of ghostwritten studies in scientific journals, a practice they say ...
Read more : Drug companies ghostwriting research | Views : 972 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cell doctor in Costa Rica

I am writing this on behalf of my uncle to find the legitimacy of Dr David A. Alanis M.D. He is from the Institute of Cellular Medicine:
www.cellmedicine.com

Dr Alanis claims that he will treat MS with a Series of intravenous and 5 intrathecal injections consists of ambbellical chord over a two week time period.

Have any of you heard of this? Is this a scam?
Read more : Stem cell doctor in Costa Rica | Views : 2294 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

AAN 2008 roundup?

In the previous years Art Mellor always had a roundup of the AAN conference on his accellerated cure website.
This year it does not seem as if he had attended the AAN 2008.

Is there an other source for a roundup of AAN 2008?

By the way, last year there was a conference at Harvard Medical School and the lectures where online as audio documents.
Has a similar conference of HMS been done in 2008? ...
Read more : AAN 2008 roundup? | Views : 1458 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

New Brunswick, Canada!

Diagnosed March 5, 08. After a course of aggressive steroids by IV for 6 days, and then a month of oral steroids to tapper off, feeling better now than I had been for years. I'm 31 years of age, and moved to New Brunswick (originally from Ontario) at 19 for University. Decided to stay here, I love the Maritimes!

I have a long, involved story about what it took without a family doctor to get ...
Read more : New Brunswick, Canada! | Views : 1569 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

Side Effects

I have been on Betaseron for a month now, and well I am just about to up the dosing to .75cc
I am having a lot of side effects, I dont eat right (im never hungry, so I just eat when I believe it is time). I have a hard time the day of my shot getting to sleep I seem to stay up forever, my betanurse said try taking the shot earlier in the ...
Read more : Side Effects | Views : 4473 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Betaseron

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222455 • Total topics 23107 • Total members 14626

Contact us | Terms of Service