It is currently Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:42 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

c-Jun protein

Possible - Regeneration For The Central Nervous System
by multiplesclerosis on Sun 01 Jun 2008 12:00 AM CST
Regenerative Activity In The Peripheral Nervous System Could Mean Regeneration For The Central Nervous System

Researchers at the Peninsula Medical School in the South West of England, University College London, the San Raffaele Scientific Institute in Milan and Cancer Research UK, have for the first time identified a protein that is key to the regeneration of damage ...
Read more : c-Jun protein | Views : 1000 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

I'm here - in Baltimore!

Hello everyone,

Just a little update - I'm here in Baltimore! It's about 4:40pm local time... Got in EARLY this morning on the redeye from California. Too early to check into the hotel....ended up going to the Baltimore Aquarium. However, couldn't stay awake and fell asleep during one of the shows (one where you get wet and poked at!).

At hotel now - waiting for a local friend to come visit for dinner.

Tomorrow (Monday) ...
Read more : I'm here - in Baltimore! | Views : 3268 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Hello everyone

Hello,
I am new here. I will spend hours reading the great posts! I did a search, however, and did not find a response. I am sure its here because it seems a common question.

How do I know what medication I should do? My Neuroligist said to go home and read up on them and pick one. Is this normal? How do I pick one?

I know basics, like how many times a day/week ...
Read more : Hello everyone | Views : 1714 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

possible symptoms?

Hi. i've recently been on holiday and whilst there, i was having difficulty swallowing. I felt as though something was stuck and it seems to be continuing, but not as bad at the moment.
Whilst i was resting at home, i had a funny sensation which is why i thought i'd check it out. When looking at some symptoms of MS, i had a few linked with my eyes where quite a few years ago, ...
Read more : possible symptoms? | Views : 1768 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Nutrition "Quiz"

A reference for physicians in assessing patient nutritional status (I know, it sounds crazy, but there it is). Includes queries on state of skin, mouth, hair, nails, GI, and other physical attributes; correlates with possible deficiency states. Plenty of other interesting tidbits.

http://www.med.upenn.edu/nutrimed/docum ... deline.pdf
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Nutrition Education and Prevention Program
MEDICINE CLERKSHIP NUTRITION REQUIREMENT
NUTRITION ASSESSMENT WRITE-UP GUIDELINES

most of the deficiencies listed ...
Read more : Nutrition "Quiz" | Views : 1985 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Natural Approach

Heat, MS and the disease process

It's widely acknowledged that heat makes MS symptoms more noticeable.

This is generally though to be because nerves transmit information faster in the heat and are therefore more likely to misfire in the case of MS.

However I read an article which recounted a woman with MS dying whilst sunbathing. Also my first noticeable 'MS attack' occurred after using a very high powered sun bed in a poorly ventilated room with no cooling system.

So ...
Read more : Heat, MS and the disease process | Views : 3091 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

Time for me to join in

Hello.

I guess it's time for me to join in. I received my "official" diagnosis today.

I've spent a little while perusing the site and it looks like there is a lot of good information and there are many helpful people here. I think I will learn a lot and if nothing else, not feel so alone.
Read more : Time for me to join in | Views : 1645 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Excerise making worse

Ah, how convenient. :wink:

I had a vertigo relapse two months ago. I am pretty much back to normal now, and started going back tot he gym on Monday Ever since, the vertigo has been creeping back.

Any ideas what it could be? Maybe I am jumping to conclusions...
Read more : Excerise making worse | Views : 1769 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Man Can Breath Again (Stem Cell Video Story)

I apologize if this has been mentioned on here as i searched the forums and did not see it but here's a great video story of a man who has been paralysed from the neck down for 14 years now from an accident and couldn't breath on his own went to India and had a stem cell procedure done and now can breath again without a resperator and also not fall over when sitting. They're ...
Read more : Man Can Breath Again (Stem Cell Video Story) | Views : 1235 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

I am just asking......

Hi everybody....

I am very interesting.....when does rebif take effect (after how many time). I mean, do you have any improvement, or how long does it take to notice any improvement...if there is any.....
:cry:
Hope you are not angry about these questions.... :)

Thanks for your reply, and have a nice day.....

Sorry, my language ...
Read more : I am just asking...... | Views : 3435 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Rebif

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223927 • Total topics 23328 • Total members 14760

Contact us | Terms of Service