It is currently Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:12 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Miscarriage

Well that didn't last long. :(

I went for an ultrasound yesterday and it showed that the baby stopped developing at 5 weeks. I am supposed to be 7.5 weeks along.

I am nervous of a post-pregnancy relapse, but since my hormone levels never got a chance to get very high I am probably not at much risk. We're very sad but will keep try again as ...
Read more : Miscarriage | Views : 1485 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Tovaxin Open Label Extension Schedules

****AS OF NOVEMBER 24, 2008 OPEXA TERMINATED THE OLTERMS STUDY TO CONCENTRATE ON DATA ANALYSIS AND DEVELOPING FINANCIAL PARTNERSHIPS. NOBODY IN THE OLTERMS STUDY WILL RECEIVE ANY FURTHER TOVAXIN INJECTIONS.

Here is the schedule for the people who are in the open label extension phase. As participants move forward in the study, I ask that they let me know what step they are at so I can edit the schedule and keep it up to ...
Read more : Tovaxin Open Label Extension Schedules | Views : 28225 | Replies : 174 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Haptenology

My theory about predicting, preventing and curing MS and autoimmune diseases. In English: http://www.haptens.republika.pl/haptenology_en.html
In Polish: http://www.haptens.republika.pl/haptenology_pl.html
Read more : Haptenology | Views : 2082 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

New study sheds light on pathogens trigger of immune system

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071108.php

Berkeley -- Disease-causing microbes like the food-borne bacterium Listeria monocytogenes specialize in invading and replicating inside their animal hosts' own cells, making them particularly tricky to defeat. Now, a new study led by biologists at the University of California, Berkeley, has identified a molecular alarm system in which the intracellular pathogen sends out signals that kick the immune response into gear.

The findings, to be reported ...
Read more : New study sheds light on pathogens trigger of immune system | Views : 1188 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Purified stem cells restore muscle in mice with MD

http://www.sciencecentric.com/news/arti ... q=08071411

By injecting purified stem cells isolated from adult skeletal muscle, researchers have shown they can restore healthy muscle and improve muscle function in mice with a form of muscular dystrophy. Those muscle-building stem cells were derived from a larger pool of so-called satellite cells that normally associate with mature muscle fibres and play a role in muscle growth and repair.

In addition to their contributions to ...
Read more : Purified stem cells restore muscle in mice with MD | Views : 1234 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

First day of campath

Just got home from my first campath infusion. I got to my doctors office at 9 and started the steroid drip. Aside from a really bad taste in my mouth it was fine. The campath started and it was going great until about halfway through the bag. A powerful headache came out of nowhere and I got a bad case of the chills and my legs and lower back ached. My doctor gave some meds ...
Read more : First day of campath | Views : 1790 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Dr. Miller

Hi, it's Marlene. My boyfriend, Scott, was taking LDN last year. Did pretty well. He stopped because of insurance reasons. He wants to start again but we can't get in touch with Dr. Edwin Miller. Can anyone tell us if he's still in practice???

Thanks.
Read more : Dr. Miller | Views : 2172 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

traditional chinese medicine for MS

Hi guys, I'm from the Gold Coast, Australia, and have found your views on alternative treatment for MS most interesting, its great to see so many with an other than medical view to healing this problem.
I was told 5 years ago, at age 58, and after an MRI scan, that I had the biginning of MS. Never been sick in my life and now this ??
I found out that I had mercury poisoning, ...
Read more : traditional chinese medicine for MS | Views : 1073 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

PML brain infection with the drug Cellcept

This news has been circulating for a few months but thought I would post for all to see. Some neurologists are using Cellcept as off label treatment for MS. For those being offered Cellcept as an MS treatment you should be aware that there were 10 confirmed and 7 possible cases of PML with the use of this drug. This is the deadly brain infection that the 3 Tysabri users caught and died from. The ...
Read more : PML brain infection with the drug Cellcept | Views : 1540 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

avoiding IPIRs with copaxone

I have mostly been a lurker on this board, but I do post now and then. I have been on copaxone for 13 months now, and just got the results of my 1 year brain MRI. The results are favorable (some improvement, no new lesions or Gd enhancing lesions) and my neurological exam was improved somewhat from before I started copaxone. Oh, and no relapses since starting :) ...
Read more : avoiding IPIRs with copaxone | Views : 7802 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224766 • Total topics 23504 • Total members 14895

Contact us | Terms of Service