It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:34 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Significant changes in MS brain blood flow

From time to time, the idea of MS being a vascular disease crops up, and this study appears to show a significant correlation between blood flow, lesions and disability:

Intracranial venous haemodynamics in multiple sclerosis.
Zamboni P, Menegatti E, Bartolomei I, Galeotti R, Malagoni AM, Tacconi G, Salvi F.

Vascular Diseases Center, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy. zmp@unife.it.

In multiple sclerosis (MS) plaques are known to be venocentric; in addition, ...
Read more : Significant changes in MS brain blood flow | Views : 2541 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

The Birth of a Brain Cell: Scientists Witness Neurogenesis

Stumbled on this one while looking for something else.
For the first time, researchers have developed a way to view stem cells in the brains of living animals, including humans—a finding that allows scientists to follow the process neurogenesis (the birth of neurons).
The key ingredient in this process is a substance unique to immature cells that is neither found in mature neurons nor in glia, the brain's nonneuronal support cells.
They were able to determine the chemical ...
Read more : The Birth of a Brain Cell: Scientists Witness Neurogenesis | Views : 1004 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hives, copaxone

Hello, I searched and the topic hives was already discussed, but though I´m askink. Did anybody have hives? I have terrible hives for 14 days (now I ´m hospitalized on cortizone cure, which helps, but when it stops, it appears again). I use copaxone 1 year and had no problems so far, but my neuro said, she couldn´t separete out the copaxone like a reason of hives. That´s why I don´t continue with copaxone now ...
Read more : Hives, copaxone | Views : 1644 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Hives, copaxone - need information

Hello, I searched and the topic hives was already discussed, but though I´m askink. Did anybody have hives? I have terrible hives for 14 days (now I ´m hospitalized on cortizone cure, which helps, but when it stops, it appears again). I use copaxone 1 year and had no problems so far, but my neuro said, she couldn´t separete out the copaxone like a reason of hives. That´s why I don´t continue with copaxone now ...
Read more : Hives, copaxone - need information | Views : 6276 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Copaxone

ITP autoimmune disease treatment found

ITP is a serious sideffect that can occure during Campath treatment.
Sciencedaily

--Frank
Read more : ITP autoimmune disease treatment found | Views : 2218 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Legs tingle when I put my head down?

I noticed it for the first time when I was running on Monday. Now whenever I run if I put my head down too quickly my legs shoot with a tingling sensation that also seems to tire them out. I've continued running since if I don't tilt my head quickly nothing happens and even if I do I don't get dizzy or lightheaded or anything, just the odd sensation. The effect goes away after I'm ...
Read more : Legs tingle when I put my head down? | Views : 3775 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

EEG to check gray matter area

Hi to everyone. Have not posted for awhile but thought some of you may have responses to my questions. Had latest MRI in Oct. after none for 3 years. Had some 11 + lesions plus two more. Report said could be MS but not to rule out other things. Apparently not enough since the last one. Neuro would not say MS. Did say if 29 years old would dx MS but 60 so could still ...
Read more : EEG to check gray matter area | Views : 4638 | Replies : 7 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Any luck with Walk-aide and insurance?

I've been working on United HealthCare this afternoon to at least consider coverage for the Walk-aide device. I think this device would really improve the quality of my life.

I know in the eye business insurance companies will sometimes cover a lesser expensive device and patients can pay the difference. My favorite example of this is the premium Intra-ocular lens implant that was FDA approved this year. Patients can be covered by their insurance company ...
Read more : Any luck with Walk-aide and insurance? | Views : 8860 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Medical Devices

Stem-Cell Therapies For Brain More Complicated Than Thought

Medical News Today
Stem-Cell Therapies For Brain More Complicated Than Thought
28 Nov 2007

An MIT research team's latest finding suggests that stem cell therapies for the brain could be much more complicated than previously thought.

In a study published in the Public Library of Science (PloS) Biology on Nov. 13, MIT scientists report that adult stem cells produced in the brain are pre-programmed to make only certain kinds of connections - making it impossible ...
Read more : Stem-Cell Therapies For Brain More Complicated Than Thought | Views : 1395 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Read more : 123 | Views : 20088 | Replies : 127 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218708 • Total topics 22540 • Total members 14187