It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:57 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Carbohydrate connection

Although this post deals with vitamins and I was tempted to put it in "Natural Approach," its underlying message concerns diet. The following quote comes from my new favorite book, Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. I have recommended it in the past and probably will again in the future--it has so much good information in it! I wonder if jimmylegs or others with knowledge of vitamins and nutrition already knew this; I never ...
Read more : Carbohydrate connection | Views : 2198 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Diet

MS Society launches drug development initiative

This is a good idea. It's not rocket science, I don't know why they didn't think to do this 15 years ago...still, better late than never.

National Multiple Sclerosis Society Launches Drug Development Initiative

BUSINESS WIRE - The National Multiple Sclerosis Society today announced the creation of Fast Forward LLC, a technology-transfer initiative aimed at translating promising laboratory discoveries into effective new treatments for multiple sclerosis.

Fast Forward, a wholly owned subsidiary of the National ...
Read more : MS Society launches drug development initiative | Views : 1659 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MRIs and scans

I was quite amazed by the pictures from the new scanners, see:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7112688.stm
But then today, I read this:
http://www.boston.com/news/science/arti ... sk/?page=2
I think we'll wait for another MRI, thanks.... :roll:
Read more : MRIs and scans | Views : 1226 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Receiving Campath before it is approved for ms?

I may be mistaken but I think I heard of some people being prescribed Rituxan in the past to treat their ms even if it hasn't been officially approved for ms yet. I know that Campath can have some pretty serious potential side effects. My question is; do you think someone could ever be able to receive a prescription for Campath before it is officially approved for ms?

I do not qualify to be in ...
Read more : Receiving Campath before it is approved for ms? | Views : 2189 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

and also a german guy is watching.....

a rather "OLD ONE"!?

close to 58 years, retired since 10 years...pp-ms since 1985. el. powerchair driver (american type, invacare, very fast!!!)

married, 4 still grown children and living fine in a small middle-age town north of frankf., germany....

ROBIN
Read more : and also a german guy is watching..... | Views : 2327 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Introductions

Aimspro gets Approval for Phase IIB Trial

<shortened url>

Daval International Limited Gains Approval for Phase IIB Trial of AIMSPRO(R)

LONDON, November 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Daval International Limited, a UK private company, announces MHRA and IRB (Ethics Committee) approval of a London based Phase IIB trial of AIMSPRO(R), its hyperimmune caprine serum derivative.

This double-blind placebo-controlled cross-over study will seek to detect a beneficial effect on bladder function in patients with Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, following open-label observations over several years in ...
Read more : Aimspro gets Approval for Phase IIB Trial | Views : 5063 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Aimspro

Completed mesenchymal stem cell trial

I just stumbled over a MSC trial that has already been completed (03/2007).
The Bristol, Libanon, Jerusalem trials claimed to be the first in patients with MS. Can anyone see a major difference compared to this trial?

Pubmed results can be found here.

--Frank
Read more : Completed mesenchymal stem cell trial | Views : 1775 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Reimported Cop

Anyone else have a problem with reimported Cop?
The online chemist buys it where it's cheapest, good for him. At the moment it is cheaper if he buys reimports from France. Each syringe has a little sticker on it over the French text, saying the same stuff in German. The little stickers prevent the syringes from fitting properly in the autoinjector sometimes.
Anyway, the first one of these vials got stuck in the injector and ...
Read more : Reimported Cop | Views : 1941 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Copaxone

need non-ms advice!

ok this is weird, but in the last month i ran across trace of something that i am 99.999% sure is mine, that went missing about 17 years ago. i knew at the time that somebody in my circle of friends was lying to me about it, but not who.

now i think i know. it arose because it got sent from party A to party B, and they were communicating publicly about it.

I ...
Read more : need non-ms advice! | Views : 1791 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

What works

It seems to me that most of the people here who really believe they are getting better are taking antibiotics. Am I correct on this? Robbie, you started abx, right? I am waiting and hoping that you'll soon say you are improving. How are you?
Terry
Read more : What works | Views : 7042 | Replies : 53 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218643 • Total topics 22528 • Total members 14175