It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A public THANK YOU to Dr. Dake

Lost in amongst all this hysteria a little is how much good Dr. Dake has done, how much he cares and has essentially stopped everything else going on to help MS patients.

Being at the vanguard there are of course risks and ups and downs.

It looks like its going to take a while now for those who weren't in the first round and I feel for you all.

Waiting is torture and to have ...
Read more : A public THANK YOU to Dr. Dake | Views : 2549 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Follow-up with Dr. Dake :)

Hi,
I met with Dr. Dake and had my follow-up scans today. The stents look great and I'm as happy as can be!!! I finally met Alex! She is a doll!!! My husband and I are having a great time in SF. I can't believe the energy I have. MS....what's MS??????!!!!! Woo Hoo!
Read more : Follow-up with Dr. Dake :) | Views : 2145 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

I got a response from UT Southwestern

Calling into the IR department I spoke with a very nice lady who listened to why I was calling and asked me to send her some information that she would in turn pass on. I sent her the latest release of the zamboni study and the document detailing the imaging protocol to test for CCSVI. I just got a response from an individual who my information was passed on to and it is very encouraging ...

Should I still fly out today to see Dr. Dake?

I'm supposed to leave in 4 hours for the airport. I am starting to wonder if it is even worth going. What do you think? I mean what's the point of finding out what's wrong if it cannot be treated? In other words will it just cause more stress and disappointment if I actually know what is wrong...as opposed to just not knowing. Maybe all the politics surrounding this Is anxiety provoking??

Greetings from Chapel Hill

Hello-I am a 43 year old woman living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. I've been diagnosed for 13 years, but just found this website. I am presently mostyly in bed due to a flare-up. I have a six year old boy and am recently separated from my husband. I discovered this sight looking for info on CCSVI--
I also have an essay titled "What the People Don't Know" published in the collection: The Voices of ...
Read more : Greetings from Chapel Hill | Views : 1233 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Ferritin levels?

I have a question for people concerning ferritin levels... I went back and looked at my old records from the year 2000. I had just seen an environmental illness doctor, and I basically believe that this woman saved my life. She was the only one to run a proper thyroid panel and the results were such that she said "I don't know how you are walking around". I had virtually no free T3 in my ...
Read more : Ferritin levels? | Views : 4365 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Phoenix Area Neuros

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted too much here, I have just been lurking. I have been a patient at Barrows since 2003 (dx in 2002). They are now in the process of bringing in another new Neurologist to run the MS Clinic there. Getting introduced to another (this will by my 4th there, 5th overall) Neurologist isn't really something I want to do every other year. Not to mention that they called and told me ...
Read more : Phoenix Area Neuros | Views : 1653 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Don't want Copaxone....

Hello,
I hope someone can help. I really don't want to take the copaxone, I am willing to take my loses without crab drugs (aka the 70% it won't work).

Tried rebif with horrible side effects and I'm tired of introducing all these foreign substances to my body. Maybe I'm making a mistake, but no one knows my body like I do.

My neuro is a big believer and encourages the crabs, he looked at ...
Read more : Don't want Copaxone.... | Views : 2703 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Copaxone

Statement of the german MS society

I translated the recent statement of the German MS society (DMSG) concerning CCSVI. I did this very quickly and roughly, so please don't mind some quirky word orders or single words. I will not comment this yet, having no words for this bullshit. Here it is:

New vascular hypothesis of Multiple Sclerosis?

08.12.2009 - up-to-date response of the medical advisory board of the DMSG , federal association, about the hypothesis of a ...

Internal Stanford email

I was forwarded this email from a friend (who got it from a friend, so all content unverified) presumably from the Associate Director of Stanford's MS Center. The email gives some insight into the infighting that seems to be taking place at Stanford because of CCSVI and Dr. Dake's work.

<don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger ;-) >

-begin forwarded message -

<I removed the text ...
Read more : Internal Stanford email | Views : 4346 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242215 • Total topics 26541 • Total members 17714

Contact us | Terms of Service