It is currently Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:04 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Tysabri / Copaxone combo

As a major shareholder in Teva and Biogen, this will make Harry Z very happy - a combo trial of tysabri + copaxone. Harry has managed to talk both of these drugs down which have seen the share prices fall in both companies - crafty Harry then bought up more shares at low prices.

Do you hear him denying it? No - he's enjoying another cruise with his lady friend off the coast of Cuba. ...
Read more : Tysabri / Copaxone combo | Views : 1373 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

WORKING DURING TREATMENT

I MAY HAVE TO GO THROUGH A ROUND OF 3 DAY IV SOLUMEDROL SOON FOR OPTIC NEURITIS.

MY QUESTION IS, HAVE ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY WORKED WHILE BEING ON THIS STUFF? IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO IT AND FEEL OK?

I STARTED WORKING FULL TIME IN SEPTEMBER. I HAVE A LAID BACK JOB. NO OFFICE WORK. I AM FULLY ABLE EXCEPT FOR MY EYE ISSUE.

HAVE ANY OF YOU WORKED THROUGH TREATMENT?
Read more : WORKING DURING TREATMENT | Views : 1373 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

HI ALL, JUST JOINING.

HI ALL. I WAS DX IN OCT OF 2003 WHEN I AS IN NURSING SCHOOL. I QUIT RIGHT AFTER I WAS DX.

I AM DOING WELL ON COPAXONE &LDN.

HAVING SOME RIGHT SIDE ISSUES WITH LEG AND EYE. WENT 6 YARS WILL ALOMOST NO PROBLEMS.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE. DEANNA
Read more : HI ALL, JUST JOINING. | Views : 1246 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Goodbye Rebif - Hello Tysabri!!!

I posted this on the Rebif thread also:

Went to my Neuro yesterday for a check-up after 9 months on Rebif.

I have tried to be upbeat and positive but some days I just want to cry. I have a constant fever and I am so fatigued I can hardly move. Well he took one look at me yesterday and said it's time for a change.

My options as far a drug therapy are:

Rebif ...
Read more : Goodbye Rebif - Hello Tysabri!!! | Views : 3513 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Goodbye Rebif - Hello Tysabri

Went to my Neuro yesterday for a check-up after 9 months on Rebif.

I have tried to be upbeat and positive but some days I just want to cry. I have a constant fever and I am so fatigued I can hardly move. Well he took one look at me yesterday and said it's time for a change.

My options as far a drug therapy are:

Rebif at 1/2 dose .22mcg ...
Read more : Goodbye Rebif - Hello Tysabri | Views : 2667 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Arkansans new on site.

My wife has MS but she is a Luddite so I handle the computer stuff. We recently (3 yrs) moved from Las Vegas to 15 acres in very rural northern Arkansas. Best move we've ever made.
If you look under the Betaseron forum, you'll find some more specific information about the Betaseron we have available as Pamela had to quit that option just as she had received 3 brand new boxes each containing 15 single ...
Read more : Arkansans new on site. | Views : 1307 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Betaseron Available / 45 single use packs

Hi, I'm a newbie to the site. My wife is the one w/MS but she is a confirmed Luddite so I do the computer stuff. Wish we'd heard of/found this site long ago. Anyhow, to get to the point. She'd been on Betaseron for about 14 years. Unfortunately over the last 2 or 3 years the tissue beneath the injections sites suddenly and completely broke down & it was no longer a viable treatment.
She ...
Read more : Betaseron Available / 45 single use packs | Views : 2713 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Betaseron

Eye Issue

I'm having an attack on my left eye now :o(. The eye sight is dimmer and the contrast is bad. My doctor is away and would only be back next week. My predicament is wheather I should just straight away take prednisolone (I have my supply with me) rather than wait till my doctor is back or weather thru this relapz (not sure if it will get ...
Read more : Eye Issue | Views : 2203 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

What are the rules for medical articles?

Situation

I find an article out of a journal somewhere and I print it and link to it in a later post. Then one day I find that the link doesn't work anymore. So there is no article there when folks go to see the support for the observations I've posted about.

Rules?

I have a copy of the article that I had previously linked. But, I can't clearly find a new copy of the ...
Read more : What are the rules for medical articles? | Views : 1279 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

1 gram prednisone oral in lieu of IV solumedrol

Mr. Neuro just gave me an Rx for 1g oral prednisone x 3 days. this is in lieu of the IV steroids. IT was done this way for a number of reasons one of is that I just had a course of infusions for the Campath trial and they had a tough time with the external lines because my skin is "tough" and my veins like to roll. Whatever -

Anyway, 200mg prednisone 5 X ...
Read more : 1 gram prednisone oral in lieu of IV solumedrol | Views : 2375 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 230272 • Total topics 24445 • Total members 15697

Contact us | Terms of Service