It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:11 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Niacin

Hi, Found this online and I was wondering if Niacin could help to reverse mild stenosis and help with blood flow.

2) Niacin (nicotinic acid): We recommend 100mg to 3 grams, thirty minutes before meals and at bed hour, and also during the night if awake – whichever dose will produce a strong body flush. Niacin dilates the blood vessels, even those that have been compressed by scar tissue, allowing a greater amount of nutrient ...
Read more : Niacin | Views : 3121 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

FP88

Did a search, but found no explicit reference to it here on TIMS. Its obviously pre-clinical, looking for money to develop it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9M5PLhTqjs&NR=1

Another cure for EAE! yipee! It actually shows a mouse suffering from EAE.
Read more : FP88 | Views : 1534 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Places that offer CCSVI??

I have been researching for awhile now and couldn't find another place that offers the procedure except for stanford. If anybody has any other information about other places that offer it please share it with us.

P.S.: Can anybody provide me with the contact info of the people in charge of the procedure in Stanford.
Read more : Places that offer CCSVI?? | Views : 1358 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

18 months

It was mentioned in Bologna, that progressive MS is continuing to progress for 18 months after the balloon procedure, and then some recovery is beginning. Any theories on what might be going on with that?

Here's mine: the progressive MS brain and spinal chord are continuing to decline until the buildup of iron (from before treatment) is somehow mitigated by the body. Apparently, it takes the body 18 months to deal with the iron.

Rokkit
Read more : 18 months | Views : 1507 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Bourbon's beneficial effect on MS symptom

Does booze have this effect on anyone else with gait ataxia ?

It's the funniest joke I know:

I go into a bar walking like a drunk and I walk out of a bar looking like I'm sober.
Read more : Bourbon's beneficial effect on MS symptom | Views : 1271 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Accelerated Cure Project 9th Repository

ACP opened its 9th repository last month in Colorado. The 10th one is slated for Stanford.

http://www.acceleratedcure.org/news/bcp ... erpost.php
Read more : Accelerated Cure Project 9th Repository | Views : 2083 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

StemCells, Inc. to Initiate First Ever Neural Stem Cell Tria

Collaborates With UCSF Children`s Hospital for Conduct of Study
PALO ALTO, Calif.--(Business Wire)--
StemCells, Inc. (NASDAQ:STEM) announced today that it will soon initiate with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Children`s Hospital a Phase I clinical trial to evaluate the therapeutic potential of StemCells` proprietary HuCNS-SC® product candidate (purified human neural stem cells) to treat Pelizaeus-Merzbacher Disease (PMD), a myelination disorder that primarily affects infants and young children. Myelin is the substance which surrounds ...
Read more : StemCells, Inc. to Initiate First Ever Neural Stem Cell Tria | Views : 1517 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Round 2 post

I say round 2 because I think my visit might be more than just a check up on the stents on my right side (my only ones). I will be greatly dissapointed if he says "everything looks great! We're not going back in". I don't imagine that will be the case, but here is the thread where I am going to post what he does decide to do with me next week. I hope more ...
Read more : Round 2 post | Views : 8024 | Replies : 66 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

ECTRIMS 2009

The 2009 ECTRIMS conference is wrapping up today. I went through the abstracts and will post those I found most interesting. There seem to be 3 categories of abstracts that were drawing my attention this time around, the topics are roughly:

1. early disease process
2. environment and genetics
3. clinical trial results.

Here are the early disease process abstracts with what I think are the interesting bits in bold:

Charcot Award Lecture
Friday, September ...
Read more : ECTRIMS 2009 | Views : 4127 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Rebif + Supplements

First-

If it's bad form to do this when I don't personally have MS, my bad, and I sincerely apologize.

However, my bride to be does have RRMS. About a year in. So hopefully that makes this OK.

Is there any known/good reason not to do certain supplements while on rebif?

The few I'm most concerned with are: Vitamin D, Resveritrol, and OPCs. Or, if you know of any others to look into that would ...
Read more : Rebif + Supplements | Views : 2208 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236280 • Total topics 25593 • Total members 16893

Contact us | Terms of Service