It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:28 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

side effects of stenting

Hi All!
Our polish ms community suffer from lack of info about possible side effects of stenting,and all we hear from our neuros is bunch of threats (we think that's their way to stop us from trying to go ccsvi way) So I would ask You to help prepare list of possible side effects.This will help us to make decisions.We tried to compare risks of stenting of neck veins to stenting of superior vena cava,but ...
Read more : side effects of stenting | Views : 1959 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Throat Tightness & Chest Pain

For about 8 weeks now I've been experiencing the feeling of my throat closing up and pain in my chest. So far, it only occurs after I eat and it last anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. At first I thought it was only occuring with dairy but i've tested tht theory and it's occuring with everything I eat. Hot, cold, soft, hard, dairy, no dairy, the whole nine.

I don't eat fast so ...
Read more : Throat Tightness & Chest Pain | Views : 32606 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Vitamin D may help with Rebif side effects?

Interesting study proposal:

http://tinyurl.com/yamayxx
Read more : Vitamin D may help with Rebif side effects? | Views : 3204 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

Vascular Scientists vs Neuroscientists

The following is the body of an email that I sent to the Administrative Director of the Hope Center for Neurological Disorders at the Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis. Any comments ???

------------------------------------------

Dr Zamboni is a vascular doctor. Most scientists/doctors researching MS are neuroscientists/neurologists. We need this kind of collaboration at the Hope Center for MS research : discussions of Zamboni's work between vascular scientists/doctors and neuroscientists/doctors. All the information that ...

Holy E-Mail

One day God was looking down at Earth and saw all of the rascally behaviour that was going on. So he called one of his angels and sent the angel to Earth for a time.

When he returned, he told God, 'Yes, it is bad on Earth; 95% are
misbehaving and only 5% are not.'

God thought for a moment and said, 'Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion.' ...
Read more : Holy E-Mail | Views : 1198 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

Who is waiting for Dr. Dake?

I just thought it would be interesting to see who is waiting to see Dr. Dake. Maybe those of us who have our paperwork in could post here and keep the rest of us updated on the process, then post on the skicky post when we have the procedure. Some of us may end up at Stanford at the same time!
Read more : Who is waiting for Dr. Dake? | Views : 3101 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Leg Braces..input from the experienced.

You'd think the suppliers of leg braces would be extra careful with an MS patient with decreased sensitivity in the legs and thinned skin. But no. I received KAFO braces Monday. The guy put them on me; first he put some sort of compression hose on me, which I told him not to because they would and did make things worse and then he told me to stand up. In doing so, my legs had ...
Read more : Leg Braces..input from the experienced. | Views : 1560 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

PPMS. High iron levels

Hi,

I'm a new PPMS UK member brought by researching CCSVI. I'm a 68 y/o male, dx late 1980's, but early symptoms since '70's. Have now been wheelchair bound for about five years, but am not on any medication.

I recently discovered/realised that my deceased mother had suffered from haemochromatosis - iron overload. I had a blood test and it was found I am a carrier of one of the two copies of the gene ...
Read more : PPMS. High iron levels | Views : 2760 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Amazing resolution from new faster scanner.

Saw the scans on BBC last night. 3D showing phenominal detail of all the vessels and bones. Almost like a perfect model of the internal anatomy.

Acheived in seconds with new machine.

This is going to be great for the CCSVI research.

BBC: check out the video:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/camb ... 363756.stm

A scanner at a Cambridgeshire hospital which can examine an entire heart in quarter of a second, is being ...

My regimen

ent from having pins and needles in my foot in 2001, within a month it had spread up the left side of my body, dropped foot, then dragged left leg, then ribs and left arm were pins and needles and burning pain, plus vertigo when I closed my eyes in the shower...

Tried to be indipendent, ended up falling over and breaking my good leg, the right one. Turned out to be a good thing, ...
Read more : My regimen | Views : 2387 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239735 • Total topics 26176 • Total members 17436

Contact us | Terms of Service