It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:41 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Research article

A research article on Campath - but not from the Cambridge team overeeing the trials.

<shortened url>
Read more : Research article | Views : 1766 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Tovaxin Extension Study Blood Drawn

Ok people. Had my blood drawn today (02/25/08) for the Tovaxin extension study. Here's a link to my journal (blog) about the Tovaxin extension study http://blog.360.yahoo.com/pvns2005 I won't be on this forum allot so if you have any questions please email me or post a comment on my journal (blog). Email and all my contact information are on my profile.

This is what we been waiting for.
Read more : Tovaxin Extension Study Blood Drawn | Views : 1577 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

New book on Lyme (MS?) including LDN

New book: The Lyme Disease Solution by Ken singleton. MD

Lyme is still a controvercial area, good to see an MD weighing in. He also has a chapter on the use of Low Dose Naltrexone LDN in treating
Lyme. Here's the intro http://www.lymebook.com/lyme-disease-low-dose-
naltrexone-ldn

Just thought I'd point this out, since I have a positive Lyme PCR from
Igenex, and that is likely the cause of my "MS". I ...
Read more : New book on Lyme (MS?) including LDN | Views : 2529 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Gadolinium/blood draws

I really don't sit around contemplating disaster, but this has been on my mind since before the Gadolinium issues came up. Since I have been in this trial, my trial days have been set up like this; I have an MRI and get injected with contrast then I go to my site for tests, injections and BLOOD DRAWS. My common sense alarms have been going off about the blood used for my vaccine being full ...
Read more : Gadolinium/blood draws | Views : 2462 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Full text of recent study at Stony Brook .

This is a very interesting technique.

I did a bit of research for those interested the link to read the full text and the is below.

Here is the link

http://rapidshare.com/files/94168957/1388.pdf.html

Cheers

Sandon
Read more : Full text of recent study at Stony Brook . | Views : 4490 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Early aggresive treatment in Crohn's & stimulating T-cel

Two articles I thought were interesting today, maybe not directly related to MS but enlightening.

Reverse treatment aids Crohn's sufferers

Early use of powerful immune-suppressing drugs shown to be more successful than traditional methods

And under the category: do this but in reverse...

Stimulating Thymus Reactivates T-Cell Production

It has long been believed that it wasn't possible to reactivate T-cell production in the thymus. The new study, by researchers at the Gladstone Institute of Virology ...
Read more : Early aggresive treatment in Crohn's & stimulating T-cel | Views : 1185 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Pinworms! for Bob

Hey Bob-
Need your help. My darling son brought home a case of pinworms. (The things children can bring to your life!) Our family doc wants us all to take mebendazole, since we're all showing signs of infection. I won't give any more detail....it's truly disgusting. (We won't know for sure which parasite we have until our, uh, samples are studied, but the doc wanted to get us going in the mean time.)

I mentioned ...
Read more : Pinworms! for Bob | Views : 1800 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

hello from Boulder, CO, US

Hi everyone,

I'm Trish. I've been dx'ed for about 9 years. In two weeks I'll have my 7th or 8th Tysabri infusion. I had previously used Copaxone, Rebif and Novantrone without good results. The depression from the Rebif was unbearable.

Tysabri has been good for me so far. I have not had a serious relapse since I started it. I've noticed that I have kind of lost my appetite and I've lost about 15 - ...
Read more : hello from Boulder, CO, US | Views : 1775 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Research bulletin

Latest research bulletin from the NMSS

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/docs/H ... _spr08.pdf
Read more : Research bulletin | Views : 1241 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Glenmark Pharma gets UK regulatory nod for GRC 4039

Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd on February 21 announced that its candidate for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammation and Multiple Sclerosis - GRC 4039, has entered Phase I trials.

This is with approval from the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency in the U.K. The company intends to develop GRC 4039 for Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Glenmark expects to complete Phase I trials for GRC 4039 by October 2008 and initiate Phase II by January 2009.

Source: The Hindu Business ...
Read more : Glenmark Pharma gets UK regulatory nod for GRC 4039 | Views : 1401 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220807 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14449

Contact us | Terms of Service