It is currently Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:54 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Intravenous Steroids CAUSING bladder problems?

Seems as though every time I get infused with methylprednisone (recently had 3 day course), or when I was getting cytoxan + methylprednisone, a day or two after the infusions I experience absolutely horrible bladder problems, to the point of straight up incontinence (or having to use bathroom every 5-10 minutes). Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? Haven't had any luck researching it online. Thanks.
Read more : Intravenous Steroids CAUSING bladder problems? | Views : 3147 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

if steroids help MS....

PAPER FOUND HERE

AUTHORS' CONCLUSIONS: Overall, corticosteroids significantly reduced rates of mortality, severe hearing loss and neurological sequelae. In adults with community-acquired bacterial meningitis, corticosteroid therapy should be administered in conjunction with the first antibiotic dose.

Just a comment added to point out that in this case the disease is a proven verified bacteria in the brain.

TO get cured the person needs antibiotics as well as steroids, but note that steroids are very ...
Read more : if steroids help MS.... | Views : 1446 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Responses from some CT doctors

Hi everyone! A lot has been happening on here. Its almost imposible to keep up.

I just wanted to share with everyone comments from some of my CT doctors. I gave some of the articles from the sticky to 4 different doctors in the area. Two are primary care docs and two are ENT docs. I work in an ENT clinic so I gave it to the docs I work with. One, whom I highly ...
Read more : Responses from some CT doctors | Views : 2271 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

IslandGirl Goes to Stanford

My good friend Island girl is not the most prolific poster she is new to forum life and still getting her "internet fingers". She called me the other day to check if her post was sounding OK...then did not post it!! We are all just friends on here and no one judges grammer if they did I'd be curtains my typing is horrific! Right guys?

But she reads these every day and is going to ...
Read more : IslandGirl Goes to Stanford | Views : 4412 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Thyroid veins

Dr Zamboni's new paper talks about the collateral circulation and how that impacts CCSVi. he mentions in the abstract that the THYROID VEINS are impacted too.

I wanted to mention something about this. Recently in another thread another TIMSer mentioned that he felt the proof that MS was autoimmune was that we have other autoimmune diseases more often than others do asserting that these co autoimmunities are endorsing the notion that they are therefore both ...
Read more : Thyroid veins | Views : 6385 | Replies : 41 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Any movement on Abatacept?

Currently used for RA - seeking approval for MS.
Read more : Any movement on Abatacept? | Views : 1497 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New Paper from Zamboni, et al

Venous Collateral Circulation of the extracranial Cerebrospinal outflow routes....abstract on line prior to publication.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19534716

1: Curr Neurovasc Res. 2009 Aug 1. Links
Venous Collateral Circulation Of The Extracranial Cerebrospinal Outflow Routes.

Zamboni P, Consorti G, Galeotti R, Gianesini S, Menegatti E, Tacconi G, Carinci F.
Vascular Diseases Center, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy. zmp@unife.it.
A new nosologic vascular pattern that ...
Read more : New Paper from Zamboni, et al | Views : 2187 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Tracking Down The Causes Of Multiple Sclerosis

Found this Tracking Down-- The Causes Of Multiple Sclerosis ---and am suprised noone posted it.
This may be start of something wonderful.

Tracking Down The Causes Of Multiple Sclerosis-Science Daily-Dated:June 25 2009.
I haven't seen it posted but I do miss alot.It may be here.

Article discusses NEW mouse model.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 133503.htm
Read more : Tracking Down The Causes Of Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 2166 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

De-lurking with a personal Eureka moment....

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a couple of months now and have PM'd Cheer about "coming out" but still feeling rather shy about it. But I had a "eureka" moment this morning as I was waking up and I wanted to share with you all.

First off--I was only recently diagnosed (I'm 45) incidental to another health problem that has since resolved. But while they were scanning me for that, somebody noticed a few ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233468 • Total topics 25051 • Total members 16207

Contact us | Terms of Service