It is currently Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:05 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Antibiotic for neuroprotection

Although this article doesn't directly mention MS, neurodegeneration is certainly a component of the disease process so anything which helps can only be…erm… helpful:
Researchers uncover mechanism of action of antibiotic able to reduce neuronal cell death in brain

Research Highlights:

* Mechanism of action of compound found to induce neurotransmitter activity in brain cells

* The findings may lead researchers to develop potential novel therapies to treat Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Huntington’s ...
Read more : Antibiotic for neuroprotection | Views : 1658 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

today

happy mom's day, moms :)
Read more : today | Views : 1973 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Daily Life

Employee Health Screening

Hello all,

I have a quick question for anyone that can help.

I am starting a new job in a few weeks and have to undergo a pre-employment physical with the organization's "employee health" department.

The last time I underwent a pre-employment health screening, I was forthright about my diagnosis with MS and subsequently was given some trouble over concerns that I wouldn't be able to perform the duties of my job. I was forced ...
Read more : Employee Health Screening | Views : 1361 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

[b]Hi Everyone - Optic Neuritis and MRI with three "Spo

Hi guys,

I'm a Brit guy who has just come through Optic Neuritis ( diagnosis and then follow up MRI.) Like a lot of folks I'm now confused - not scared but feeling a weird feeling of "so this is what it feels like to be getting life-changing medical information."

As I said, the ON was diagnosed by an Opthmologist . I then went to a Neurologist and he recommended an MRI. I had the ...
Read more : [b]Hi Everyone - Optic Neuritis and MRI with three "Spo | Views : 1518 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

First injection of Copaxone

Completed! Didn't use the autoinjector... just did the needle with the nurse here, all by myself! :) Didn't hurt at all (tummy injection). After, the medicine burned a little, but overall it wasn't bad. I didn't even ice/heat before or after, and if the injections are like this each time, I don't think I'd need to bother with that.

:D ...
Read more : First injection of Copaxone | Views : 3076 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Question About How the Immune System Works

Hey Guys,

I've been participating mainly over in the forums for HiCy and Tovaxin, but I stopped by here out of curiosity and did a little reading. Question: if a treatment such as HiCy (in which patients are blasted with high-dose chemo, their immune systems completely destroyed and then "rebuilt" afterwards as "naïve" immune systems ) appears to work with MS ...
Read more : Question About How the Immune System Works | Views : 7210 | Replies : 37 | Forum : Antibiotics

Hearing Test

I went and had my hearing tested last week, because for the past year or so I've been having a hard time hearing people, especially at meetings or when I'm outside or on a cell phone. And my husband tells me I always have the TV up too loud.

My mother and grandmother had early onset hearing loss so I figured I should check it out.

My hearing test came back within the normal range. ...
Read more : Hearing Test | Views : 1443 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

wheelchair

my neuro said it's great you still have your arm strenth for transfering. i just wanted to say it's amazing how much you can get done from a wheelchair and a scooter, i feel lucky to have them both in this situation.
Read more : wheelchair | Views : 2424 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Medical Devices

Sweet Poison (aspartame and MS)

I got this from my dad's wife (not my mother). Just another thing to worry about, I figure. I'm not giving up my diet ginger ale!

SWEET POISON
A MUST READ

In October of 2001, my sister started getting very sick. She had stomach spasms and she was having a hard time getting around. Walking was a major chore. It took everything she had just to get out of bed; she was in so much ...
Read more : Sweet Poison (aspartame and MS) | Views : 9263 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Diet

Remedies for site reactions

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum (and also to MS). I don't have it myself; my girlfriend was diagnosed a couple months ago and I believe she's on Copaxone. We've only been together a few weeks so I don't know for sure, but from reading about the different medications it sounds like that's the one. Anyway, she almost always gets big red welts at the injection sites. They burn at first, then the next ...
Read more : Remedies for site reactions | Views : 2074 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223322 • Total topics 23216 • Total members 14692

Contact us | Terms of Service