It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:16 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Worms - Lyon

Worm gene provides possible hope for restoring nerves damaged by MS 23 January 2009

University of Utah scientists identified a worm gene that is essential for damaged nerve cells to regenerate, and showed they could speed nerve regeneration by over-activating the gene – a step toward new treatments for nerves injured by trauma or disease. Oddly, the gene and a related "pathway" – a chain of molecular events – is not required for normal ...
Read more : Worms - Lyon | Views : 959 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Who wants a marketing job with Serono?

Serono is hiring a team leader for the Cladribine Consumer Marketing Team.

This is fascinating for two reasons: 1. Serono sounds confident that cladribine (mylinax) will be approved, and 2. We see all the things we know about the drug company marketing machine actually spelled out.

Senior Product Manager, Professional Marketing - Team Leader - Neurology - EMD Serono

January 20
Categories: Administrative

Position ...
Read more : Who wants a marketing job with Serono? | Views : 1271 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hi again

I know I am not diagnosed as yet but in this stage showing a lot of symptoms and GP sus of it.

I am extremely :cry: over the top needle phobic and fear that the only choice for treatments may mean injections.
Please I hope this is not the case and I can be relieved from stress a bit knowing there may ...
Read more : PART OF MY STRESS IS DUE TO FEAR OF INJECTIONS | Views : 2254 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

I am in the trial, but got questions

I have been accepted into the trial after a battery of tests the other day. The coordinator said to stop the Rebif crap from hell that i am on now to start the 28 day wash out period. then he said that the results of the randomization will not be known until the day of the first treatment. Only then will I know that I was selected for the Campath arm, not the Rebif arm. ...
Read more : I am in the trial, but got questions | Views : 1420 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Lesions on Brain Vs. Brain Stem

Is there a difference in having lesions on the brain stem vs the brain?

My MRI shows I have lesions in both area's.

From your experience/research do you think there is a difference?

Not that lesions anywhere on the brain are good but I'm more scared of those on the brain stem considering it handles autonomics of the body. Does that make any sense?
Read more : Lesions on Brain Vs. Brain Stem | Views : 1419 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

More mice treatments

Sorry, I'm in smart-ass mood today...

I was doing some internet searching and found this: ... s/6,619523

This is incredible - red wine actually helps mice gain weight!
Read more : More mice treatments | Views : 1040 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

College research project on MS - can you spare 5 minutes?

Hey guys,

Hope its ok that I post on here, feel free to banish me if not mods. I am a college student on a foundation medicine course in England. For my dissertation I am investigating factors related to MS. I shant say what specifically I'm looking at, but if you do the questionnaire I think its pretty obvious.

As my resources are pretty limited, I was hoping I could get a few of you ...
Read more : College research project on MS - can you spare 5 minutes? | Views : 1651 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

MS and Driving....

Being a bus driver, I knew when I presented my dizziness and cognitive dysfunctions to the Dr. I'd be told not to drive.

I was wondering if anyone has had their licensed pulled by their Dr or stopped driving due to MS?

Both the neuro and family Dr. have told me "No driving." Of course, I follow their advice I'd never put anyone else in danger, especially with the way I feel.

I'm just wondering ...
Read more : MS and Driving.... | Views : 1344 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Paly student researches potential cure for MS

Sounds like this kid has removed the MS blinders and is thinking outside the box.

Read more : Paly student researches potential cure for MS | Views : 1338 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi there, I am a 37 yr old female with a very supportive hubbie and two beautiful children.
I had been experiencing some symptoms over the last couple of years but passed them off thinking they will go away.
My symptoms are trouble walking, swaying, losing balance, trouble talking finding words, short term memory, numbness pins and needles, slight loss of sensation in ...
Read more : PLEASE HELP I IAM SO SCARED | Views : 25396 | Replies : 247 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228623 • Total topics 24187 • Total members 15480

Contact us | Terms of Service