It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:05 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Off the shelf stems........

This company whose website is here

is creating an off the shelf mesenchymal stem cell product. The website is interesting and they have stage II/III trials going in Crohn's and graft vs host diseases with fast track status granted already.

Apparently they screen donors carefully and then harvest and grow the stem cells from these healthy people in the lab for donation to others.

from the website
Osiris ...
Read more : Off the shelf stems........ | Views : 1928 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Stem Cells

Radiologically Isolated Syndrome in MS

A new study published online in this week's Neurology, the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology, reports that a third of people who underwent an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) for other brain-related problems, but whose scans also showed abnormalities suggestive of MS, went on to develop the chronic disease within an average of about five years.

The research raises medical and ethical questions that genetic researchers and patients have bandied about for ...
Read more : Radiologically Isolated Syndrome in MS | Views : 1283 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

It's snow ing in Texas

or atleast it did, but it's all but melted :(

these are from this morning

Read more : It's snow ing in Texas | Views : 1367 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

Not disabled enough

Gotta love the English benefits system. I applied for Disability living allowance - a small benefit to help disabled people be able to live more normally and afford a little help with the costs of disability. I still work so it's not full-time sickness benefit. After 6 months they ahve come back and told me that I am not disabled enough. I have been on crutches or a walking stick permenantly since May. But it ...
Read more : Not disabled enough | Views : 1505 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Prof Scolding stem cell trial

Not much in this article, but thought it worth posting.

Introducing stem cell based Myelin repair therapies in patients with Multiple Sclerosis

Professor Neil J. Scolding, FRCP PhD, University of Bristol Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, U.K., provided a report of his studies of bone-marrow derived cells for the treatment of multiple sclerosis.

About 30 years ago, investigators began to think that cell therapies might be useful to treat loss of myelin caused by multiple ...
Read more : Prof Scolding stem cell trial | Views : 1614 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

bad/sad news

So, it seems that I'm having an exacerbation. It isn't as horrific as my first one - but it's getting pretty bad. :cry:

Local neuro wants me to do a 5 day course of IVSM (at 500mg dose, instead of 1000).

I've been under some stress lately...and the weather just changed to cold out here. Not sure if that's part of it...but either way....I'm ...
Read more : bad/sad news | Views : 1862 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

sad a little bit

how can someone keep the courage alive?there are times that i think about the future and then i think that i can not be in love or go out and have fun :( anyway...i always used to be strong :) ...
Read more : sad a little bit | Views : 1328 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

Increased repair?

For both RevImmune and Campath, you read about the surprising / unexpected decreases in EDSS. Has anything similar been noted for Rituxan?

I checked what I think are the Phase II results, and they present the starting EDSS but not what it was at the end.
Read more : Increased repair? | Views : 2695 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

Update on DR Visit yesterday

I posted this on the rebif thread but wanted everyone to know about it.

I had my biannual MRI and Neuro check up this afternoon. I have been taking .22 Rebif shots for 6 months. Dr was thrilled that there were no new leisons/ no change at all in the T3 MRI. What a relief!! No progression since starting the Rebif.

I will up my dose of rebif to .32 for a month the go ...
Read more : Update on DR Visit yesterday | Views : 1008 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS - the gift that keeps on giving

Well 2008 has been an unusually crappy year for me. A severe fall and head injury, wicked vertigo for over 6 months now, optic neuritis in both eyes, balance and gait problems, and now a new gift from the MS grinch of the holidays... right arm numb from the elbow down and some loss of function in right hand. Wow.. what next? I can hardly wait to see. The wheel of misfortune keeps on spinning ...
Read more : MS - the gift that keeps on giving | Views : 1905 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227744 • Total topics 24058 • Total members 15407

Contact us | Terms of Service