It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:21 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

More Questions on Palo Alto/San Jose

I completely stink at searching for anything on this site. So I need some help.

It has been discussed about ways to get from the San Jose airport to Palo Alto and vice-versa

This I found out:

1)Rental Car $$ can't afford this - husband wants to eat....
2)Taxi is about $50 each way -again this could be food money
3)Sheraton does NOT have a shuttle to and from the Airport

Are there other shuttles ...

Hello - yet again

Hi everyone

This is the third or fourth time I have posted here in the 'Introductions' forum...But there are so many members here that I don't know, and I have been absent for a while again...
So, hi :lol:
I started out writing a long message, but just wiped it out...Suffice to say I have not been so well and have not had anything of value to ...
Read more : Hello - yet again | Views : 1182 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

shaky MRI

Any one know any tricks for holding still during an MRI?

I got a 6 month check up MRI yesterday. During a 5 minute sequence of the c-spine part, I gues I was moving too much, and the tech told me to hold really still for 5 more minutes, and I fell asleep (I didn't know she was re-shooting the 5 minute sequence) I guess I really moved around while asleep. She was a bit ...
Read more : shaky MRI | Views : 1323 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Lisinopril blood pressure treatment

I was wondering what you people think about the recent study that was all over news using Lisinopril (a standard blood pressure medication with few side effects) to very effectively treat MS-like disease in rodents, in the context of this thread?

(see e.g. http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssHeal ... 4420090817)

In particular I wonder if the blood-pressure lowering property would be an additional benefit to the shift Lisinopril apparently induces in the T ...

2009 LDN eBook: Those Who Suffer Much Know Much

This online book, "Those Who Suffer Much Know Much" was recently sent to me, so I am sharing it forward to the ThisIsMS community. If you are interested in learning more about Low Dose Naltrexone as a therapy for MS it pretty much covers it all.

http://www.ldnresearchtrustfiles.co.uk/docs/2009.pdf
Read more : 2009 LDN eBook: Those Who Suffer Much Know Much | Views : 2255 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Donations in Memory of Peekaboo aka Holly

I made a donation to Tims and wanted to add on the Paypal Donation that it was in Holly's Memory. There is no extra spot to do this. Can you add a spot so others can let you know why they are donating?

Thanks,

Cat
Read more : Donations in Memory of Peekaboo aka Holly | Views : 1387 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Support

Asking for just plain old encouragement

I've learned so much reading articles and going through this site and others that it's lead me to. Am starting to hone the supplement regimen and gravitating towards certain theories and interventions. I really appreciate TIMS. But all the great info and head-candy aside, I'm just plain discouraged right now.

In a short time out of the gate, I've seen my function go downhill. My N acknowledged that since I'm "atypical" I don't really get ...
Read more : Asking for just plain old encouragement | Views : 1243 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

New to the forum

Hi my name is Chris, I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed with MS back in may of 2008 however the doctors suspect now that I probably had it as far back as 2002/2003 due to some of the odd incidents that occurred to me back then. They diagnosed me as having RRMS, though the impression I was given by one neuro is leaning alot more towards Progressive. I currently have ON, My ...
Read more : New to the forum | Views : 1062 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Taking Copaxone & Rebif together

I will soon be adding Rebif to my Copaxone therapy. My neuro suggested it since Copaxone seems to have lost its efficacy. Has anyone else tried this?
Read more : Taking Copaxone & Rebif together | Views : 2276 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Regimens

Taking Copaxone AND Rebif together...

I live in Michigan, have had MS for ten years, spent the first five years undiagnosed and untreated, and have injected Copaxone for the latter 4.5 years. I will be adding Rebif injections next week. Yes, adding it, not replacing Copaxone with Rebif. I look forward to discussing my own personal clinical trial, taking both drugs at once, and reporting the effects.
Read more : Taking Copaxone AND Rebif together... | Views : 1174 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235151 • Total topics 25376 • Total members 16585

Contact us | Terms of Service