It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:12 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Chris Young's diary info

www.chrishasms.com www.number5.org

Hello folks I'm Chenell and I have been taking care of this bum for the last 2 years . :D :P

Chris is going to be sick for the next few months we hope. We hope he will throw up then be anemic and ...
Read more : Chris Young's diary info | Views : 3571 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

John Hopkins Info...Who to contact.

Carrie Trecker
Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Meyer 113
600 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21287-7121

410-502-2574 (Office)
410-614-1530 (Fax)

Dr. Douglas Kerr / Mary Brown
Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street, Pathology 627C
Baltimore, MD 21287
Read more : John Hopkins Info...Who to contact. | Views : 2485 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

To those who remember what their spinal MRI looked like

Can anyone here explain what their spinal looked like?

When my neuro pointed out "lesions" it looked more like one long snake, from my neck, to the middle of my back.

My previous post was about Devics syndrome. In reading about the comparison of an MS spinal to a Devic's spinal, I litterally get chills up my spine. No pun intended
Read more : To those who remember what their spinal MRI looked like | Views : 1945 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Do any of you know anyone with Devics Syndrome?

I've been reading qutie a bit about Devics Syndrome. It is thought by some that it is a varient of Multiple Sclerosis that is very very very bad, with bad prognosis.

The reason I ask is that I have been reading that spinal lesions in MS don't usually cover more than 2 vertebrae.

It was my understanding that the lesions in Devic's cover more than two.

I am frightened to death of this. Even though ...
Read more : Do any of you know anyone with Devics Syndrome? | Views : 1729 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Placebo

I've often wondered why doctors don't use placebo more often for MS, especially if they do it as described in the article below where, "34 percent said they told the patients the substance was something that "may help and will not hurt."

My vote would be for doctors to prescribe vitamin D or omega-3 as they are widely available, won't hurt, might help and aren't expensive.

Doctors say placebo use common

Jan 3, 2008 - ...
Read more : Placebo | Views : 1607 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Tips for working out

I am trying to get into a good exercise routine. The way MS has manifested itself in me I do lose control of my left leg if I get overheated and the exertion really makes me extremely tired but I need to get into better physical shape. I used to run pre-MS and really miss the endorphin rush after running for an hour and as wierd as it sounds I miss getting sweaty from a ...
Read more : Tips for working out | Views : 6316 | Replies : 37 | Forum : General Discussion

How does Tysabri work?

Hi,

Am I just too dizzy and therefor can't figure this out for myself? Or do I just have the wrong idea?
I thought Tysabri worked by being a monoclonal antibody that only attaches to MRTC's rendering them denatured so the T cells won't attack myelin. If that is how it works for MS, then why is Biogen submitting it for Crohn's disease?

I must be missing some vital information.
Read more : How does Tysabri work? | Views : 9148 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Laymans explanation how nerves work

OK, they are trying to sell stuff at this web site, but I found their explanation as something I could understand, so I thought someone else may find it of value as well.
The nervous system is made up of groups of cells called neurons. A neuron is a cell body with a nucleus, a dendrite (which receives input) and an axon (which relays signals to other cells). Neurons transmit information through the body in ...
Read more : Laymans explanation how nerves work | Views : 994 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Happy New, Healthier Year

To everyone... the protocol veterans of several years and the newbies who haven't yet started, a happier, healthier New Year to us all.
Read more : Happy New, Healthier Year | Views : 2139 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Invetigational MS drug summary

Happy New Year, below is a easy to read drug summary I found this morning!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therapies_ ... _sclerosis
Read more : Invetigational MS drug summary | Views : 1473 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219536 • Total topics 22664 • Total members 14281

Contact us | Terms of Service