It is currently Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:57 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Japanese researchers make brain tissues from stem cells!!!!

TOKYO (AFP) – Japanese researchers said Thursday they had created functioning human brain tissues from stem cells, a world first that has raised new hopes for the treatment of disease.

Stem cells taken from human embryos have been used to form tissues of the cerebral cortex, the supreme control tower of the brain, according to researchers at the government-backed research institute Riken.

The tissues self-organised into four distinct zones very similar to the structure seen ...
Read more : Japanese researchers make brain tissues from stem cells!!!! | Views : 1392 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

cost of Rebif

Is anyone having difficulty affording your rebif right now?
Read more : cost of Rebif | Views : 2660 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

Clonazepam

Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) is an anticonvulsant primarily used in the treatment of seizure disorders. Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) is a member of a class of drug known as benzodiazepines. This drug may also be used as an antianxiety, for the short-term relief of mild to moderate anxiety. Clonazepam ( Klonopin ) may also be used to treat movement disorders ( e.g., Touette's Syndrome), panic disorder, drug-induced mania, to help resistant depression, nocturnal myoclonus, relieve ...
Read more : Clonazepam | Views : 3299 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Opexa Presentation Nov 11

Opexa to Present at the Rodman & Renshaw 10th Annual Healthcare Conference

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company dedicated to the development of patient-specific cellular therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, today announced that Neil K. Warma, Opexa’s president and chief executive officer, will deliver a corporate presentation at Rodman & Renshaw’s 10th Annual Healthcare Conference. The conference will be held November 10-12, 2008, ...
Read more : Opexa Presentation Nov 11 | Views : 5212 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Ello!

Hello all I guess this is my intro. My friends have suggested I "team" up with some others like me. So here I am. I have not been offically diagnosed with MS but we all know I have it. I think even the doctors know but arn't diagnosing it just yet. Well there you have it :D

JM
Read more : Ello! | Views : 1148 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Grossology by Sylvia Branzei

This proves that I will read anything...because I believe that we might learn an important fact anywhere.

Our local museum had an exhibit, "Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body," this summer. It was designed for kids aged 6 to 14 and based on Sylvia Branzei's books.

Having read Twisted Helix's first post and thread which mentioned snot, I decided to post this because I think mucus (chronic sinusitis) plays a role in my ...
Read more : Grossology by Sylvia Branzei | Views : 2717 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

tysabri and trying to conceive

Hello everyone I am new to the site although i have been lingering for the past few months reading the forums.

I have a question maybe you could shed some light. My husband has MS and started taking tysabri he had his 4th infusion this month. He had a reaction to the infusion..chills.....and then they gave him bendryl after they called his neurologist...which made the chills go away. The doc said he was having an ...
Read more : tysabri and trying to conceive | Views : 2659 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

epstein barr and the vasculature

1: Clin Exp Immunol. 2008 Mar;151(3):519-27. Epub 2008 Jan 8. Links
Adhesion of Epstein-Barr virus-positive natural killer cell lines to cultured endothelial cells stimulated with inflammatory cytokines.Kanno H, Watabe D, Shimizu N, Sawai T.
Department of Pathology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Morioka, Japan. hirokan@iwate-med.ac.jp

Chronic active Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection (CAEBV) is characterized by chronic recurrent infectious mononucleosis-like symptoms. Approximately one-fourth of CAEBV patients develop vascular lesions with ...
Read more : epstein barr and the vasculature | Views : 994 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

"Disabled or not disabled."

Yes! Regardless of this, I am elated. This can only be good for us, and all Americans, and the planet.
Read more : "Disabled or not disabled." | Views : 1826 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Medical Devices

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227107 • Total topics 23948 • Total members 15285

Contact us | Terms of Service