It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:14 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Multiple sclerosis drug linked to liver injury

I know this is not great news for some but thought you would want to know.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23375161/
Read more : Multiple sclerosis drug linked to liver injury | Views : 2074 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

kept it to myself

i was dxd in 2001, since 2005 my life became agonizing painful ms
i've tried it all abc drugs,ldn, abx and a few other things. some minor improvements over the last couple years but pain is still aweful.
i have no use of my legs, my left arm and hand and since dec my right arm and hand are slowly losing their strength and pain is starting to settle there as well as the rest ...
Read more : kept it to myself | Views : 2905 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Leeches not worms

Lyon,

I've always regarded you as a parasite - sucking the life out of a once great MS website. Even Arron has thrown himself off the Golden Gate Bridge out of desperation. NHE has upped his dose of anti-depressants as his attempts to rein in your posts have failed. But you and your like may be of some use after all. Leeches may be a future weapon against MS.

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/news/recentst ... ...
Read more : Leeches not worms | Views : 1291 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Artificial cells

Maybe the answer won't be a drug, but an artificial cell of some kind...

Yale scientists create artificial 'cells' that boost the immune response to cancer

Eurekalert - Using artificial cell-like particles, Yale biomedical engineers have devised a rapid and efficient way to produce a 45-fold enhancement of T cell activation and expansion, an immune response important for a patient’s ability to fight cancer and infectious diseases, according to an advance on line report in ...
Read more : Artificial cells | Views : 952 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS-associated Retrovirus

More interesting research on MS-associated Retrovirus (MSRV).

Inhibition of multiple sclerosis-associated retrovirus as biomarker of interferon therapy.

J Neurovirol. 2008 Jan;14(1):73-7.
Mameli G, Serra C, Astone V, Castellazzi M, Poddighe L, Fainardi E, Neri W, Granieri E, Dolei A.
Section of Microbiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Center of Excellence for Biotechnology Development and Biodiversity Research, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy.

The authors performed a longitudinal evaluation of multiple sclerosis (MS) patients, during 1 year ...
Read more : MS-associated Retrovirus | Views : 1093 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Treatment criteria?

Hello,

I'm a pretty infrequent poster, but avid reader on this forum. This revimmune treatment seems to be very promising to say the least. I was diagnosed in 2005 but had symptoms going back to 2000. Currently asymptomatic with the exception of some tingling in my legs after exercise. Would someone with no disability be allowed into this trial? It would be great to stop progression before any real damage has been done.

ps. Best ...
Read more : Treatment criteria? | Views : 2093 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

MS-Exercise

Read more : MS-Exercise | Views : 3498 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

Another story

Sorry, I'm a sucker for these stories.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j13 ... 6&w=464753
Read more : Another story | Views : 4559 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Stem Cells

Reiki

Does anyone do it regularly?

Family and friends are raving about it and keeping suggesting it to me (on the verge of pushing it on me) and I am intrigued. But also nervous about it. I'm not sure if I want someone messing around with my energy/electricity considering I have problems with it already.

I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on it. :)
Read more : Reiki | Views : 3803 | Replies : 26 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi All

Hi everyone....glad to have found this site!

My name is Steve, 40 years old, and diagnosed with RRMS back in December following a fairly debilitating attack. I've been lucky enough to enjoy good health for my entire life, having rarely ever seen a doctor until a few months ago. Unfortunately, all of that changed back in late November.

Right around Thanksgiving, I noticed a tingling/burning in my left leg, and I recognized the sensation as ...
Read more : Hi All | Views : 1346 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220876 • Total topics 22893 • Total members 14457

Contact us | Terms of Service