It is currently Tue May 26, 2015 5:06 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

What would stop a neurologist....

...from giving a patient high dose cyclophosphamide who requested it if the clinician felt it appropriate.

The drug is approved for other uses and treatments are often given, at the doctors discretion, for applications not officially approved (for example, Botox given for the treatment of spasticity).

It seems to be the case that HiCy can only be administered to MS patients as part of a clinical trial. Because it's such a serious drug?

Or perhaps ...
Read more : What would stop a neurologist.... | Views : 1891 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

where's waldo?

Hey, has anyone looked at Tim's site lately. I haven't checked in months but apparently our fearless mentor has moved on to Math Cd's???? I was looking for a new career anyway, could be worse than math.
Lars
Read more : where's waldo? | Views : 1592 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Getting ridiculous

I've been taking LDN for 3+ years now...no progression, no MS symptoms. Unlike the approved MS drugs, LDN is cheap, safe and is proven to do no harm. Is it responsible for my long remission (I also take copaxone)? I don't know, but I don't want to take any chances either. My prescribing doc in Ohio recently passed away and I'm struggling to find another doc to continue the prescription. I find it a bit ...
Read more : Getting ridiculous | Views : 2867 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Fruit juices and drug absorbtion

How do you feel about that? Will it have an impact your diet?
--Frank

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 160050.htm
Read more : Fruit juices and drug absorbtion | Views : 1352 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Culturing hESC without animal compounds

Brings hESC one step nearer to human clinical application.
http://www.newsroom.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/display.cgi?id=1909

--Frank
Read more : Culturing hESC without animal compounds | Views : 1442 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

In your own words, describe a "Relapse"

Thanks in advance to everyone that reponds here.

Trying to get a better understanding of how to tell if you have a relapse or flare up and what is the difference in your opinion.

Thank you so much.... :wink:
Read more : In your own words, describe a "Relapse" | Views : 1788 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

How can you tell when it's MS or the Meds you are taking???

Help...Please

I have MS. Recently diagnosed in Feb 2008 after an incident in Jan 2008. I was orginally placed on Betaseron which I toughed out for a few months but could not deal with how sick it made me. I was also on Baclofen and Provigel. As of July I started Copaxone and I stopped the Provegil and Baclofen ( both didn't really do alot for me and I was sick of taking them just ...
Read more : How can you tell when it's MS or the Meds you are taking??? | Views : 1785 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

How an Injection to the Thigh Feels

I started my first treatment of Avonex yesterday. I had a nurse come and assist me because I was nervous doing the first administration alone. When I started inserting the needle into my thigh, I was able to feel the needle sliding in (it did not hurt); however, when I got closer to the bottom, I felt the needle puncture through something. It made me kind of jolt. It wasn't unbearably painful, but I could ...
Read more : How an Injection to the Thigh Feels | Views : 8849 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Avonex

My vascular (?) problems - related to MS?

Hi to all,

first of all, I have my MS diagnosis since 2004, had about 15 relapses since then, remission incomplete.

I've been reading about MS as a vascular disease and want to ask you something. This year I have noticed some strange blood spots emerging spontaneously under the skin. They are not bruises, I have not hit myself with anything. They come and go, sometimes here, sometimes there - randomly.

Some pictures:
Image ...
Read more : My vascular (?) problems - related to MS? | Views : 7210 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 225599 • Total topics 23660 • Total members 15014

Contact us | Terms of Service