It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:39 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Remyelination in mice

Lucky mice, maybe one day we can be like the mice...

Remyelination after chronic spinal cord injury is associated with proliferation of endogenous adult progenitor cells after systemic administration of guanosine.

Purinergic Signal. 2008 Mar;4(1):61-71. Epub 2008 Jan 8.
Jiang S, Ballerini P, Buccella S, Giuliani P, Jiang C, Huang X, Rathbone MP.
Department of Surgery (Neurosurgery, Neurobiology), McMaster University, Health Sciences Centre, 4E15, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3Z5, Canada, ...
Read more : Remyelination in mice | Views : 976 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Cat hilarity!

I have a pair of cats and one of mine is very obviously represented in the following - it is hilarious!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q
Read more : Cat hilarity! | Views : 1964 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Humor

are abx used only for progressive MS or also RRMS?

I've seen more references to the use of antibiotics for progressive MS and was wondering if this is a treatment that is also used for RRMS?
Read more : are abx used only for progressive MS or also RRMS? | Views : 6701 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Antibiotics

10 Deadliest Drugs

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100198254

Here we go again! See no. 8 listed in this article...Avonex, Betaseron and Rebif. What does this mean? That if you don't keep up with your labs that it could cause irreversable liver damage? This article doesn't really explain why it is on the 10 Deadliest Drugs list.

Thanks! :(
Read more : 10 Deadliest Drugs | Views : 1612 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Question: relapse after infection

Hi guys

I have noticed a number of members mentioning a relapse following an infection - such as tummy bug, 'flu etc.
My question is, in general, how long does it normally take between the illness and the relapse? Does the relapse occur weeks after the illness has resolved, or within a few days? Can it happen just after the illness starts, while you are still sick?
I haven't paid a lot of attention previously ...
Read more : Question: relapse after infection | Views : 1868 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

I just have to have some fun to lighten the load

An elderly couple were killed in an accident and found themselves being given a tour of heaven by Saint Peter. "Here is your oceanside condo, over there are the tennis courts, swimming pool, and two golf courses. If you need any refreshments, just stop by any of the many bars located throughout the area."
"Heck, Gloria," the old man hissed when Saint Peter walked off, "we could have been here ten years ago if you ...
Read more : I just have to have some fun to lighten the load | Views : 1609 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Humor

the five people you meet in heaven (just a fun quick read)

I loved the book "The five people you meet in heaven" only 194 pages and that is hard back the size of a paperback....Fun light hearted, warm hearted ....a fast read....like going to the movies...the author is Mitch Albom...
Read more : the five people you meet in heaven (just a fun quick read) | Views : 3951 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Reading Nook

Ethics of Placebos in MS Clinical Trials.

This web link might start some conversation.........
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/resear ... px?nid=202
Read more : Ethics of Placebos in MS Clinical Trials. | Views : 1837 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

almost a week after the last Campath infusion

well, I am not going to lie. The whole Campath experience was worse than I expected. By the fifth day, Kristin and I were just over the whole experience. In fact we were so done, that our nurse asked if we were mad at her. I eventually got the same rash as Kristin. Not as bad though. My major thing was my body was just unhappy. Bloated, poisoned, achy, rashy and mad. After we got ...
Read more : almost a week after the last Campath infusion | Views : 3537 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221719 • Total topics 23019 • Total members 14546

Contact us | Terms of Service