It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:30 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

GP or Neuro?

I'm wondering who would be the likely choice to help me with symptom management. My GP is WAY more accessible and nearby but would he know enough about MS to help me? I'm not on any medication besides Rebif and ibuprofen but if there's something out there that could help with nerve pain, I'd like to try it, I'm just not sure which doc to talk to. My neuro would definitely understand the pain but ...
Read more : GP or Neuro? | Views : 2027 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Am i having a relapse

Hi all, :?:
Though, nothing can be said new symptoms, i am feeling the pre-existing
symptoms in a much seviour way.So much so ,that walking seems like ckimbing a 100 ft long staigt rock.The weekness at the loin has increased manyfold,getting up from bed or sofa is very difficult.These are the symptoms i was experiancing in 2006.

My present regimen:
1.IMURAN (Deisease Modifying drug)
along with ...
Read more : Am i having a relapse | Views : 1859 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Post Hypoxic Demyelination

Another proposed mechanism of how CCSVI creates those many scars. Post hypoxic (after a lack of oxygen to the brain) demyelination-

Here's a study of a man involved in a bad auto accident. He had massive blood loss, and his brain was deprived of oxygen for a while. He develops demyelinated lesions in his brain and has an overactive bladder.

Unlike previous reports of hypoxic-ischemic demyelination, our patient lacked any cortical abnormalities, presumably due to ...
Read more : Post Hypoxic Demyelination | Views : 6806 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Ernst...have you got any help in Finland

Was just wondering if you have spoken to your doctors and if they were going to help your wife do any testing? My husband was tested with a doppler in Paris, but we haven't gotten any further yet.

Copaxone for SPMS?

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone else heard the Copaxone was useful in treating Secondary Progrssve MS. I was at a dinner a couple of weeks ago, and I could've sworn that I heard the speaker, (a neurologist from Mpls), mention that Copaxone was now being used for SPMS.

I, unfortunately, was involved in the Dirucotide Phase III trial which means I had to stop all medications, (Copaxone and steroids), in February of last ...
Read more : Copaxone for SPMS? | Views : 1816 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

CCSVI and Slovakia, Europe

Hi everybody!
I am new here. I have RRMS since 1996. I live in Slovakia, Europe.
I am 36 years old woman. I had chance to visit many places in the USA and Canada. My cousins live in Toronto and Vancouver. But I prefered the weather in California.

I have started to ask doctors in Slovakia about possible tests and treatment of CCSVI. My MS doctor did not know about it so I gave her ...
Read more : CCSVI and Slovakia, Europe | Views : 54824 | Replies : 384 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Bon qui qui ~ funny!

This is what fast food around here has become! funny stuff
Read more : Bon qui qui ~ funny! | Views : 1386 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

1,000 hands

Read the paragraphs below FIRST before you watch the video. This is an awesome dance, called the Thousand-Hand Guanyin, which is making its rounds across the net. Considering the tight coordination required, their accomplishment is nothing short of amazing, even if they were not all deaf. Yes, you read correctly. All 21 of the dancers are complete deaf-mutes. Relying only on signals from trainers at the four corners of the stage, these extraordinary dancers deliver ...
Read more : 1,000 hands | Views : 1064 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234601 • Total topics 25254 • Total members 16462

Contact us | Terms of Service