It is currently Sat May 23, 2015 9:32 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Anyone in AUS want some N-Acetyl Cysteine?

Hi

I have 6 bottles (60 capsules in each) of 600mg N-Acetyl Cysteine that I bought from "Puritans Pride" approximately 1 year ago. I no longer need them and am happy to give them to someone who does, rather than just throw them out.

If you would like them please message me.

Best of luck and good health!

Em
Read more : Anyone in AUS want some N-Acetyl Cysteine? | Views : 2005 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Breakthrough on inflammatory blood cells

This is more directly related to leukemia but I could see applications in MS treatments.

Breakthrough in leukemia treatment

New treatments for leukaemia and asthma are in development after Australian scientists discovered a way to stop the production of malfunctioning blood cells.

Researchers at the St Vincent's Institute in Melbourne and Hanson Institute in Adelaide have unravelled the structure of a protein in the blood control system that is key to some blood and inflammatory ...
Read more : Breakthrough on inflammatory blood cells | Views : 1344 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

No Strength After Novantrone Treatment

My wife just started Novantrone.
Her MS has been getting much worse for 3 years now. She doesn't have relapses or remission, she has constant, daily problems walking. She falls alot even with her walker. She is in a freefall towards a wheelchair and she's only 38. The neurologist started her on Novantrone after several other drugs failed to do anything.
She got her first Infusion on Friday. All was fine. Saturday morning she could ...
Read more : No Strength After Novantrone Treatment | Views : 3331 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Novantrone

Question about pain...

Okay, last question...

Pain, am I alone with the whole pain thing? Pain in the hips with any activity, pain to the touch on the arms, sacrum and hips? Pain behind the eye and migraines that kill?

I think that the fatigue comes form all of the pain...any thoughts?

:?:
Read more : Question about pain... | Views : 1422 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Is there any connection with a positive ANA and MS?

Hi~I am wondering if there is any connection with a positive ANA and having MS? Also wondering about elevated liver enzymes (or auto immune liver disease)? How about Iron deficiency Anemia?

Are these common things among the MS diagnosed?

I look forward to hearing from you all~
birdie33
Read more : Is there any connection with a positive ANA and MS? | Views : 2393 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

New, Betaseron, and depressed

Hi. I'm new, just started Betaseron with Betaject, my belly is bruised and my mood is crappy. I read all these technical posts and I think 'what'? Do I really have this? I don't know what my vitamin count is, don't recall how many lesions I have (memory issues), don't get tingling or burning in my legs, didn't get a baseline liver enzyme count...Flailing around...
Read more : New, Betaseron, and depressed | Views : 1256 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Just diagnosed...

Hi All-

I am Kevin in Colorado and on Tuesday received the word that I have RRMS. Have had 2 bouts of optic neuritus and currently have left eye double vision with severe numbness on the entire right side for 4 weeks now. MRI showed 3 lesions.

While I am completely overwhelmed with information, and the decisions for therapy, I am eager to 'Have MS' and not let MS 'have me.'

Since I am not ...
Read more : Just diagnosed... | Views : 1638 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Copaxone and Lipoatrophy - when to stop?

Hi
for those of you who don't know me, been dx with MS 10 years. First 5 years frequent severe relapses, classified as an "interferon failure" on Rebif after 5 years. Switched to Copaxone against my neuros advice (he wanted me on Mitoxantrone but I said no because I wanted children) and to his surprise I have done fabulously well on Cop. I've had maybe 1 relapse a year in the last 5 years, very ...
Read more : Copaxone and Lipoatrophy - when to stop? | Views : 1720 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

First MS hospitalisation

It would appear that tuesday/wednesay's fatigue was building up to something bigger. On thursday things were feeling 'off', friday I took a half day at work so I had some relax time and by the evening both feet and my right leg were numb and weak, along with right arm weakness & increased difficulty walking.

Because it was both feet I was worried so I called the out of hours doctors - they admitted me ...
Read more : First MS hospitalisation | Views : 1708 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

GM atrophy related to longterm (20yrs) disability

Gray matter atrophy is related to long-term disability in multiple sclerosis.
Ann Neurol. 2008 Jun 20

Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Research Unit, Institute of Neurology, University College London, United Kingdom.

OBJECTIVE:
To determine the relation of gray matter (GM) and white matter (WM) brain volumes, and WM lesion load, with clinical outcomes 20 years after first presentation with clinically isolated syndrome suggestive of multiple sclerosis (MS).

METHODS:
Seventy-three patients were studied a mean of 20 years ...
Read more : GM atrophy related to longterm (20yrs) disability | Views : 1058 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 225561 • Total topics 23655 • Total members 15010

Contact us | Terms of Service