It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:42 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Revimmune Vs. Tovaxin for lesion repair??

At the anti forum I tried I had an interesting thing brought up and Bob this is kind of directed at you.

My lesions are healing. They are definitely healing. I have heard of people getting worse on Tovaxin which we did expect in the trial with some, but with those using Tovaxin is it allowing the lesions to heal?

I know the disability letting up is a good sign but it has nothing to ...
Read more : Revimmune Vs. Tovaxin for lesion repair?? | Views : 2818 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

My vit d results back - insufficient levels - what next?

Hi all
Jimmylegs you are the forum expert on this I know, but its open to anyone to reply :lol:
As suggested I asked GP for measure of Vit D levels and they have come back at 54 (despite supplementation of 400 iu about every day) - nurse said this is "insufficient".

I have seen this excellent guide to MS and Vit D by the Australian MS ...
Read more : My vit d results back - insufficient levels - what next? | Views : 1548 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Vitamin D Supplementation in the Fight Against MS

Below is an article writen by Ashton Embry for the New Pathwaysmagazine's January, 2008 edition.

Cheers
Nick

Vitamin D Supplementation in the Fight Against MS

On the 28th December 2007, vitamin D made Time magazine’s top 10 list of medical breakthroughs for that year, after a twelve month period in which the solid scientific support for the linkage with Multiple Sclerosis grew considerably.

When this latest information, summarized below, is combined with all the previous ...
Read more : Vitamin D Supplementation in the Fight Against MS | Views : 1756 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

More evidence of B cell involvement

Cerebrospinal Fluid B Cells Correlate with Early Brain Inflammation in Multiple Sclerosis 07 July 2008

Background

There is accumulating evidence from immunological, pathological and therapeutic studies that B cells are key components in the pathophysiology of multiple sclerosis (MS).

Methodology/Principal Findings

In this prospective study we have for the first time investigated the differences in the inflammatory response between relapsing and progressive MS by comparing cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) cell profiles from patients at the ...
Read more : More evidence of B cell involvement | Views : 1142 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Copaxone 40mg

Not sure why Teva has issued this given that there appears to be no benefit in 40mg Copaxone over 20mg.

Update on Copaxone FORTE Trial in Multiple Sclerosis 07 July 2008

Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. announced top-line results from a Phase III study designed to assess the efficacy, safety and tolerability of glatiramer acetate (GA) 40mg as compared to the approved COPAXONE® 20mg in the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).
The 40mg dose ...
Read more : Copaxone 40mg | Views : 2322 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

The Multiple Sclerosis Diet Book by Roy L. Swank, MD, PhD

In reading this book again, I found ideas I wanted to post. Assuming it would be listed in the "Reading Nook," I looked here to add comments. If it is here, I can't find it; so I'll make a new entry.

For those folks who have a library of MS-related books, I recommend the first acquired book be Multiple Sclerosis: The History of a Disease by T. Jock Murray, OC, MD.

The second should ...
Read more : The Multiple Sclerosis Diet Book by Roy L. Swank, MD, PhD | Views : 3268 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Reading Nook

Temporary paralysis - ten second flashes

Hi to all,

I have a question. For about a month I'm getting partial temporary paralysis to my left hand and parts of my face - mostly lips, chin and the right eye. It happens every few (15 or so) minutes for about 10 seconds - I can't use my left hand, can't speak, I kind of freeze. After 10 seconds or so I get well again.

It's a strange feeling during the "flash" - ...
Read more : Temporary paralysis - ten second flashes | Views : 3321 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Can I get your opinions please?

Hi everyone,

So I am completely confused and would like some opinions. In March, I got the flu and after the flu was done, I noticed that my left side wasn't working as well as my right. I ended up going to the ER, and was admitted. I had an MRI which showed a lesion on the right side of my brain. My neurologist in the hospital seemed to think this was a viral thing. ...
Read more : Can I get your opinions please? | Views : 3064 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Molecule has potential to regulate immune response <:3

Please note mouse emoticon :!:

http://www.techjournalsouth.com/news/ar ... em_id=5651

AUGUSTA, GA - When a mouse's immune system is deciding whether to reject a skin graft, one powerful member of a molecular family designed to provoke such a response can effectively reduce the visibility of the mouse's own cells and help the graft survive, researchers say.

"This is a molecule with huge potential ...
Read more : Molecule has potential to regulate immune response <:3 | Views : 1642 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 224768 • Total topics 23504 • Total members 14895

Contact us | Terms of Service