It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:36 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Anyone on MBP 8298

Hi

I wonder if somebody here is receiving MBP 8298 infusions. The results of the trials sound good, so why is there not more interest about it on this forum? Bioms seems to be very promising company...

amalisa
Read more : Anyone on MBP 8298 | Views : 1151 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Deciding whether or not to have another child...

Hi Everyone,

I never thought that i would be on a ms forum asking this question to a group of people that i don't know but unfortunately i have something in common with.

We have got 2 beautiful children but we always thought that we would have 3. Now a spanner has been thrown in the works as ms has decided to "wake up" after the birth of my second son. I have probably had ...
Read more : Deciding whether or not to have another child... | Views : 1402 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

walking adaptations

This is an interesting discovery.

New research discovers independent brain networks control human walking

In a study published in the August issue of Nature Neuroscience, researchers at the Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore, Maryland found that there are separate adaptable networks controlling each leg and there are also separate networks controlling leg movements, e.g., forward or backward walking.

These findings are contrary to the currently accepted theory that leg movements and adaptations are directed by ...
Read more : walking adaptations | Views : 1486 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Dumb men get more tired

Does anyone get this? After talking about lesion load and brain atrophy in relation to fatigue, they suddenly conclude that higher education is protective against fatigue, or being female, so what hope is there for us stupid men? ;
Related Articles

Correlation between fatigue and brain atrophy and lesion load in multiple sclerosis patients independent of disability.

J Neurol Sci. 2007 Jul 31;

Authors: Tedeschi G, Dinacci D, Lavorgna L, Prinster A, Savettieri G, Quattrone ...
Read more : Dumb men get more tired | Views : 905 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

" UFO drugs"

This abstract ties together a number of common themes, and I particularly liked the idea that this reaction can resemble the effect of genetic mutations. Looks like the drugs are already being used for some diseases:

Inflammatory Mediators Leading to Protein Misfolding and Uncompetitive/Fast Off-Rate Drug Therapy for Neurodegenerative Disorders.
Int Rev Neurobiol. 2007;82C:1-27
Authors: Lipton SA, Gu Z, Nakamura T
Inflammatory mediators, including free radicals such as nitric oxide (NO) and reactive oxygen species ...
Read more : " UFO drugs" | Views : 1148 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Canker Sores

I was wondering does anyone out there suffer with constant canker sores? I have been a sufferer for about 5 years now, around the length of time to when my doctors think that my MS first showed up. Can there be a link to canker sores and MS? If so is there any thing that I can do about it? Please help, they are driving me crazy!
Read more : Canker Sores | Views : 5051 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

HI

Hi everyone, my name is Lori and I am newly diagnosed, only 2 1/2 mths, but my doctors think it may have started about 5 years ago. I have a sister and mother with MS and my moms sister and dads neice past away with MS about 8 yrs ago.But right now all is pretty good.
Read more : HI | Views : 1134 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

environment-gene interaction

This strikes me as very helpful research. Hopefully there will be a lot more studies like it in the near future.

Environment-gene interaction in multiple sclerosis: Human herpesvirus 6 and MHC2TA.

Hum Immunol. 2007 Aug;68(8):685-9. Epub 2007 Jun 21.
Martínez A, Alvarez-Lafuente R, Mas A, Bartolomé M, García-Montojo M, de Las Heras V, de la Concha EG, Arroyo R, Urcelay E.
Clinical Immunology Department, Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an ...
Read more : environment-gene interaction | Views : 944 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Activia

Just wanted to share some possibly positive info with everyone. First, I do NOT have MS but my daughter does. I DO have three "autoimmune" diseases. (After much reading/research, I do not believe in the autoimmune theory--not important however.)

I started taking Activia after reading about it and the fact that their claims are validated by the FDA. Activia balances the digestive tract where many problems can originate. It balances the good and bad bacteria. ...
Read more : Activia | Views : 1217 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Struggling

I am getting impatient again with the extension. I just posted in the general discussion about recent changes in my ability to void urine and am just absolutely maddenned with my constant downhill slide this year. During this trial, I have had more stuff get worse than the five years prior combined. I know there is nothing many of us can do, but being in this trial and not getting the drug is like the ...
Read more : Struggling | Views : 2452 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216445 • Total topics 22114 • Total members 13907