It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:52 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Your wildest imagination

I'm going to step out on a limb here and ask a silly question. We all think about MS and its possible causes a lot, I presume. My question:

What has entered your mind as a possible cause or factor that seems too crazy to mention?

I can give two. (remember, I'm stepping out on a limb, here)

1. Childhood stress with resulting shrinking of the hippocampus

2. Nasal administration of drugs. (illegal, vaccinations, over-the-counter) ...
Read more : Your wildest imagination | Views : 4051 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

Analogy for first step in research action plan: find cause

For lack of a better place to post this, I put it here under General Discussion.

I still think the FIRST step in solving a problem must be to know the CAUSE of the problem.

In discussion the other day my husband gave this brilliant (in my opinion) analogy: MS research is like a person having his car towed in to a repair shop and saying, "My car is broken; it doesn't work."

And one ...
Read more : Analogy for first step in research action plan: find cause | Views : 1437 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Up all night

Last night like many many many and did i say many nights before i awoke around two oclock like someone had just slammed a door. this happens every night. i go to bed around 9 or 10 and even take lunesta. i am sick of not getting to sleep late. o how i long for the days when i could sleep till 9 am . this sucks. it has been going on for about a ...
Read more : Up all night | Views : 5752 | Replies : 64 | Forum : General Discussion

Day 4 of Campath

Well we didn't get to update yesterday because it was a rough day. It was suppose to be our short day. Last day of steroids, two hour drip. It did however not work out that way.

I started the day off in a horrid mood. Was it lack of sleep or roid rage? Not sure. By the time I got to the clinic to start the drip, Kristin had a new IV in and was ...
Read more : Day 4 of Campath | Views : 1711 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

MSers in Los Angeles / So Cal area-- wanna share local info?

Hello. I'd like to know if there are other people on this site who live in the Los Angeles (or broader Southern California) area and who would like to share information with other locals with MS.

I was Dx with PPMS in June 2007 and have seen three neurologists at two hospitals, including one former and one current head of the UCLA Dept. of Neurology. I'm still looking for my primary neurologist and would love ...
Read more : MSers in Los Angeles / So Cal area-- wanna share local info? | Views : 1191 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

S.P.O.C. single point of contact

when i first talked to my dr about taking rituxan he said that my insurance more than likely would not pay for the drugs. he said we would go thru S.P.O.C. single point of contact they negotiate with insurance groups to help get you treatment. for me this too didn' work but worth talking to your dr. My dr was able to talk to genetech to get the drugs for me. i do not know ...
Read more : S.P.O.C. single point of contact | Views : 1416 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

I need to vent.. sorry

I live in Ottawa , Ont. Canada...
Here, the weather has been affected by the global warming. We have more snow then I have ever seen. The weather is damp... everyday.... EVERYDAY It affects my ms and my joints. I am so fed up of learning how to walk every morning. I know, I should be happy cause I can still work and do so every day but I stumble and have near falls and ...
Read more : I need to vent.. sorry | Views : 4617 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Daily Life

I live in a high rate area...

In Colorado, 1 out of every 750 people is diagnosed having MS. That is far above the norm of 1 out of every 2000 diagnosed on the American continent. Has there been any studies done that show you may increase your chances of disability due to MS if you continue to stay in the high rate area? Or to put it another way... Should I leave this state or does it not matter now since ...
Read more : I live in a high rate area... | Views : 3760 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

Sound like MS? Or wrong tract?

It's long, there will be a summary at the end, so feel free to read or skip to the cliffnotes :)

I'm 24 years old, male, with no significant prior medical history. For the past year or so I've been in excellent health. I have no family history of any illness aside from cancer.

4 months ago a friend noticed my left eye went to the left ...
Read more : Sound like MS? Or wrong tract? | Views : 1905 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Chris is at the IPOP from 10:30 till ????

So say hi if you want. He is expecting some of you to say hi! The IPOP nurse staff and Dr. Brodsky's staff told him to expect it as well.

Peace
Read more : Chris is at the IPOP from 10:30 till ???? | Views : 1446 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221725 • Total topics 23019 • Total members 14544

Contact us | Terms of Service