It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:21 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

does flu = relapse?

I'm at home with the flu :(

The last time I had the stomach flu was 3 years ago and right before my dx. I ended up in the hospital for 3 days with dehydration. I think I've read some prior posts that indicated others have experienced relapses while dealing with the flu. Needless to say...I'm worried. I haven't left bed, just trying to get rest and ...
Read more : does flu = relapse? | Views : 2757 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Doctor Appointment Frequency

Hello,
I have a question. How often does your doctor want to see you for follow-up appointments to get prescriptions renewed? Ever since I was diagnosed I have gone in yearly. This time I was asked to come back in six months even though I am doing well and am not having any problems right now. I asked him if I could come back in a year instead of six months and he said yes. ...
Read more : Doctor Appointment Frequency | Views : 1684 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

News on the stem cell front

After I "made" this post, I remembered we have a Stem Cell thread, so this probably belongs there.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1

It was the kind of breakthrough scientists had dreamed of for decades and its promise to help cure disease appears to be fast on the way to being realized.
Researchers in November announced they were able to turn the clock back on skin cells and transform them into ...
Read more : News on the stem cell front | Views : 1110 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Extension blood draw rescheduled!

So I'm literally 5 minutes from leaving the house when I get a call from Opexa. I about shit. Anyway, they had been contacted by my donation center and they had screwed up the transport stuff for the exta test tubes they have to take besides the bag. Well they got a hold of me just in time. You would have read about me in the newspaper if I'd have gone down there and they ...
Read more : Extension blood draw rescheduled! | Views : 17447 | Replies : 136 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Getting better too quickly... is it a bad thing?

I'm getting better rapidly from my MS. I've been taking n-acetylglucosamine (no clinical trials, just my own) for two weeks and the healing is staggering to me. Note: I am also on Copaxone, but have had no signs of improvement in the past few months. I immeditely starting seeing results from this n-acety stuff.

I am getting everything back extremely quick and it's kind of scaring me. I have heard that tysabri in combination with ...
Read more : Getting better too quickly... is it a bad thing? | Views : 23482 | Replies : 73 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone marrow stem cell trial in Israel

Dear all,

First thing - Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

This is a short article about the small bone marrow stem cell trial in Israel.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j12 ... 1&w=464753

A similar small trial is being undertaken in England (Prof Scolidng) and, no doubt, there are trials in other countires. Early days, but at least they have moved on from mice. I'm hopeful that we may hear lots more ...
Read more : Bone marrow stem cell trial in Israel | Views : 1677 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

to whom it may concern:

have a great christmas! :D
Read more : to whom it may concern: | Views : 1480 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

Northern Californians - Please Read!

My sister is young (33 yo) and has MS. She lives in Northern Calif. She is on Medicare and trying to find a good Medicare insurance provider. She is on Tysabri and since she is young we are finding all the health plans are expensive - can you recommend a good California plan? Thank you for your advice and please respond to my email address below ASAP because she needs to find one and enroll ...
Read more : Northern Californians - Please Read! | Views : 1446 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri in Northern California

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I just got some great advice from Lauren and wanted to pose my question to all of you Californians, as well:

My sister is young (33 yo) and has MS. She lives in Northern Calif. She is on Medicare and trying to find a good Medicare insurance provider. She is on Tysabri and since she is young we are finding all the health plans are expensive - can you ...
Read more : Tysabri in Northern California | Views : 1605 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

A year on abx...

Well it's actually just over a year but anyhoo....it's been a great year, diagnosed 5 years ago, every year since then I've had at least one relapse a year and never had full recovery after but since meeting Dr Wheldon and starting the abx around late November last year I've had no relapses and better still I definitely have had some improvements.

Restless legs that kept me awake at night are no where near as ...
Read more : A year on abx... | Views : 2690 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219620 • Total topics 22672 • Total members 14285

Contact us | Terms of Service