It is currently Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:37 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Got an email from Dr. Kerr regarding my MRI on Thursday.

"got it. the MRI looks great Chris. The MS is completely and totally inactive. Good news!!"

That is the email I got from the good doctor verbatim.

So it definitely looks like the treatment in addition to the Copaxone has cured the Auto Immune side of MS. I am going to use the word cure until I pop something active or new again.

I am a believer this may be a venous issue so even ...

Neurologist Visit

I had a regular six month visit with my neurologist yesterday.

My doctor could not stop talking about how positive the outlook was for the new oral drugs coming along. He expects to see one if not more out by the Fall of this year.

We started talking about vitamin d, and he said he had to prepare for a talk he was giving just a little while ago and he started saying how good ...
Read more : Neurologist Visit | Views : 1179 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

nitric oxide benefits sex

just watched the Discovery health channel and they were saying that NOx has a positive effect on erection ... :oops:
Read more : nitric oxide benefits sex | Views : 1210 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

SHOULD WE HAVE MORE KIDS??

Hi all
Im new here, hope you dont mind me asking a question.

My husband was diagnosed with ms last year...he gets tired alot, cold hands, pins and needles and it does affect his vision sometimes, but at present we do lead normal life as possible.

I am not sure if I have fully taken it all in and am very scared of what the future may hold.

My main reason for this topic though, ...
Read more : SHOULD WE HAVE MORE KIDS?? | Views : 2807 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Friends and Family

Sharon's post op CCSVI

What an adventure!! My "bucket list" (you know the movie with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman), did not have this adventure listed on it, but it does have "fight the MS with everything positive". Even though I feel pretty crappy right now, I think I can put a check mark alongside that entry.

THE TESTS The tests are basically the same thing we have all been through before except for the breathing exercise in the ...
Read more : Sharon's post op CCSVI | Views : 8432 | Replies : 52 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

HydrangeaRoot Shows Promise In Treating Autoimmune Disorders

Hydrangea Root Shows Promise In Treating Autoimmune Disorders
Featured Article
Main Category: Immune System / Vaccines
Also Included In: Arthritis / Rheumatology; Diabetes; Multiple Sclerosis
Article Date: 05 Jun 2009 - 7:00 PDT

US researchers found that a drug made from the root of the hydrangea plant, which has for centuries been used in Chinese medicine, showed promising results in treating autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, type 1 diabetes, ...
Read more : HydrangeaRoot Shows Promise In Treating Autoimmune Disorders | Views : 2391 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Going on LDN

I have made my mind up to go on this. I am in England and have found a Dr who will let me have this. There is an inital fee then I pay for a 1 month suppy. I have nothing to lose I feel and have stopped totally the Avonex as the side-effects were like entering hell and being spat out again.
Had another ropey week and am hoping so hard that this will ...
Read more : Going on LDN | Views : 1166 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

My new MRI

Some lesions are now completely gone with all of them healing now.

Seems to be working on the AI side of MS.
Read more : My new MRI | Views : 2153 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

CCSVI patients' log

Hoping each patient can post the following information in this format, so we can keep track here. Please go ahead and add any other pertinent info Marie, Sharon, Holly and the gang....

patient: Jeff
diagnosis: RRMS 3/07 (at age 43)
lesions: multiple brain lesions, 20 or so, small, round and scattered ("Steiners' splashes")
one lesion on cervical spine
symptoms: fatigue, bladder issues, depression, occasional numbness and tingling in feet, leg pain, heat intolerance
EDSS: 1.5 ...
Read more : CCSVI patients' log | Views : 33901 | Replies : 168 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Vertigo-away

Anyone experience this annoying little symptom? The first time I had it, it lasted for 24 hours and it was really just annoying and didn't cause any other issues.

Yesterday it popped up again. My son had an assessment test for his new school next year and I ended up having to run to the restroom to vomit. The only positive is that I made it to the bathroom. I ended up vomiting 5 times ...
Read more : Vertigo-away | Views : 1768 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232933 • Total topics 24943 • Total members 16082

Contact us | Terms of Service