It is currently Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:10 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

new, scared and numb...

Hi everyone.
I was just diagnosed with MS. I'm 24, married, and have a 16 month old daughter. My entire torso pretty much and left arm are stone numb. I finished 3 days of IV steroids on friday but am on no other meds. I'm still in shock from the whole situation and am praying for the feeling to come back in my body so that I can feel again, and go back to work, ...
Read more : new, scared and numb... | Views : 5938 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

new, scared and numb...

Hi everyone.
I was just diagnosed with MS. I'm 24, married, and have a 16 month old daughter. My entire torso pretty much and left arm are stone numb. I finished 3 days of IV steroids on friday but am on no other meds. I'm still in shock from the whole situation and am praying for the feeling to come back in my body so that I can feel again, and go back to work, ...
Read more : new, scared and numb... | Views : 1793 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

am i doing something wrong?

I have been working on my diet going on 3 weeks. I walk 7 miles a day, i play on my Wii fit for 45mins, and i eat about 1200 calories a day and now i just added swimming to the mix of all this. And i havent gained nor lost a single pound. its very frustrating when you change your eating habits and such and exercising and nothing to show for it. I have ...
Read more : am i doing something wrong? | Views : 1606 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Diet

newly diagnosed, scared, looking for hope

Hi everyone.
Read more : newly diagnosed, scared, looking for hope | Views : 1843 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Geographic distribution, MS and CCSVI

Hi Guys,
First, a shout out to all of you guys who are forging ahead........Thanks to all you brave ones!

One of the more accepted aspects of MS is its geographic distribution. How does one marry the CCSVI theory with this?

Here is my quandry--- if we were only talking genetics, inheritance could be used to explain incidence geographically because of ethnic makeup in regions, for example, higher rates of MS in people of northern ...

Migraines and MS

Any MSer's on here with confirmed CCSVI have migraine headaches? Never had them until about 7 years ago which was about 4 years into what has now become an 11 year return of the MS disease. My neuro prescribed Imitrex which does help. They usually start with tension on one side of my neck and moves up behind my ear around the mastoid process and progresses to a unilateral nagging headache that would hang around ...
Read more : Migraines and MS | Views : 2114 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

MS and Sweating

One of the unusual and unexpected side effects of the stent procedure at Stanford - for both Jeff and Sharon- has been increased sweating. Jeff and Sharon were the most physically active MSers to receive stents (so far)...so it is hard to judge if the others will see this side effect. Marie...now that you're back to the elliptical, you working up a "glow"? :)

This reaction happened ...
Read more : MS and Sweating | Views : 5113 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

The simple things

It’s amazing how the simplest of things become a real challenge because of a wheel chair, I try and make things easier for myself by adjusting my surroundings to better accommodate a chair but there is always something always something that you try to do yourself but you end up having to ask for help. I have said this before but it’s not so much that I’m in a chair I can deal with that ...
Read more : The simple things | Views : 1417 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Daily Life

Grant system leads medical researchers to play it safe

a terrific article in the NY Times today. Specifically deals with cancer research, and why doctors who think "outside the box" are not funded-

“Scientists don’t like talking about it publicly,” because they worry that their remarks will be viewed as lashing out at the health institutes, which supports them, said Dr. Richard D. Klausner, a former director of the National Cancer Institute.
But, Dr. Klausner added: “There is no conversation that I have ever ...

mysterious symptoms

Hi,

I'm French boy of 29 years old. I’ve got ms and all this call me out because of my background.
When I was 18 (1998), I woke up one morning with very strong confusion and vertigo that made me vomit about ten times during morning. It happened two mornings, those two past nights, I was sleeping on the back with the head straight, looking at the ceiling. The doctor sent me to an ear ...
Read more : mysterious symptoms | Views : 1682 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233427 • Total topics 25045 • Total members 16205

Contact us | Terms of Service