It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:21 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

only in MSer's?

Is CCSVI only found in people with MS? If so, could the detection of CCSVI be used to help diagnose MS?

Anyone in Canada been tested or treated for CCSVI? Just wonderring how our medical plan deals with this, particularly in B.C..

Thanks
Mike
Read more : only in MSer's? | Views : 1348 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

CCSVI Doppler Demonstration on YouTube

Here ya go guys. It pays to be married to a geek :D
Jeff helped me convert the PAL DVD from the Bologna conference into a youtube video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFe-3h26Vs

Hope it helps-
cheer

Genetics/Azygous

At the symposium, Dake at least acknowledged something that has concerned me a lot when he said he didn't know why he wasn't seeing much azygous trouble compared to Zamboni's 86%.

Since Zamboni has seen primarily Italians, and Dake primarily Americans, is it possible there's some genetic pool predisposing Italians to congenital azygous issues? I realize most Americans were Europeans 200 years ago, but still.

It seems that if there were such a difference then ...
Read more : Genetics/Azygous | Views : 1776 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

undiagnosed forum????

How about a forum for those of us still looking for a dx? I know there are quite a few of us in here, and whether the eventual diagnossis is MS or not, a forum to discuss our journey, or to ask questions of those who've experienced similar issues could be beneficial.

Good idea? Bad idea? Comments?

Thanks,
Mike
Read more : undiagnosed forum???? | Views : 6080 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Suggestions

Radiologist and Zamboni's sample video

Hi all.

I have a wonderful radiologist who is very interested in CCSVI and we want to have a Doppler scan performed on me. He has been researching how it is done (hopefully, he has studied in Italy, speaks the language and knows some of the people appearing on the papers!!!) but he would also like o have the video that Zamboni mentioned at the conference.

Does anybody know if it is or will be ...

The Stone Is Rolling - Word is out

**WARNING - GEEKY MOMENT**

I am somewhat of a google super user, and have lots and lots of google new alert, blog search and old usenet searches posted to me via RSS daily.

The majority of the search terms used to be work related (Oil & Gas) but since Mel was diagnosed I've had a lot of MS related searches too.

It's actually quite a trip down memory lane looking at the terms I entered ...

Mayo Clinic identifies 2 genes as potential therapeutic targ

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 090909.php

Early research holds promise for new therapies and better prediction of patient outcomes
ROCHESTER, Minn. -- A Mayo Clinic study has found that two genes in mice were associated with good central nervous system repair in multiple sclerosis (MS). These findings give researchers new hope for developing more effective therapies for patients with MS and for predicting MS patients' outcomes. This study will be presented at ...
Read more : Mayo Clinic identifies 2 genes as potential therapeutic targ | Views : 1225 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

small patches of numbness on my face?

So i think it might be stress related (my work has been ridiculous for the last 3 weeks) but starting this past Tuesday, i've been getting random little patches of numbness on my face. And only on the left side. sometimes its my cheek, or my forehead, or my chin.

They only last about 5 seconds then they're gone... but its just weird.

Im on Tysabri (just had #6 last week)

Has anyone else experienced ...
Read more : small patches of numbness on my face? | Views : 1202 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

MS First Symptoms and Age-Related

As mentioned, I've not been completely dx'd with MS but Doc suspects so. I would like to know what where teh FIRST SYMPTOMS viewers noticed and how old you were when it first happened.
Read more : MS First Symptoms and Age-Related | Views : 2728 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Steroid efficacy questions?

Hi. I looked around for the most suitable place to post this question.

Since there isn't a "steroids" option under Treatments, this seemed like the best place.

Does anyone know if steroids have a long term benefit? If so, will you please give medical article references.

I understand now that the primary benefit of steroids is reduction in length of relapse and reduction in lesion exacerbation.

Anything else?

I don't ever want to take ...
Read more : Steroid efficacy questions? | Views : 2554 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236314 • Total topics 25604 • Total members 16904

Contact us | Terms of Service