It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:28 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Husband has I overdoing it?

My husband was recently diagnosed with MS last week. He was hospitalized right before Christmas because he lost complete balance and coordination on his left side (arm and leg).

Since we received his diagnosis and he returned to work I won't let him do much at home because I'm afraid that he will have a relapse. He had a problem on Monday at work where his left arm went a little numb again. Am I ...
Read more : Husband has I overdoing it? | Views : 1477 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

how to improve drug testing

I love this idea from economist Dean Baker on improving the clinical trial process. It's from an article he wrote on recommendations for the upcoming US stimulus package:

Publicly funded clinical trials

Start a system of publicly funded clinical trials. The point would be to take the conduct of trials out of the control of the drug industry so that doctors and researchers would have immediate and full access to all research findings.

As a ...
Read more : how to improve drug testing | Views : 2557 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Need prescribing doctor on Oahu - Help!

Hi there,
Our neurologist refuses to prescribe LDN to my husband with M.S. His FP is defering to the neuro. Does anybody know of a doctor in Hawaii, or Oahu specifically who is willing to prescribe it to MS patients?

Thanks so much!
Read more : Need prescribing doctor on Oahu - Help! | Views : 2667 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

low dose naltrexone - needed in Hawaii

Hi there! We live on Oahu. My husband was diagnosed with MS in February but has probably had it for 15-20 years according to the doctors. We just researched LDN and his neurologist refuses to give him a prescription. If you know of any Doctors on Oahu who are prescribing, or any Doctors on the mainland who will prescribe to us, we'd appreciate that information.

Thank you!

Read more : low dose naltrexone - needed in Hawaii | Views : 1310 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Ocrelizumab Trial

Is anyone here participating or considering the Ocrelizumab trial? I have my first infusion next week.
Read more : Ocrelizumab Trial | Views : 1439 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

New Biogen drug seeks to repair Multiple Sclerosis damage 14 January 2009

Reversing the damage done by multiple sclerosis would be a dream come true for patients of the debilitating disease, and there is some promising research working toward that goal.

The condition is thought to occur when the body literally attacks itself and current therapies only seek to slow or stop that situation. But Biogen Idec Inc. (BIIB) is developing a drug that ...
Read more : Lingo | Views : 2683 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New Interferon Formulations Promise to Eliminate Injections in Multiple Sclerosis Treatment

Nerveda Inc. and Aegis Therapeutics LLC today announced preclinical results from their joint collaboration aimed at developing non-injectable formulations of the beta-interferons. The beta interferons, beta-1a (tradename Rebif(R)), and beta 1b (tradenames Betaseron(R) and Betaferon(R)) are closely related injectable protein drugs in the interferon family that are used to treat both the relapsing-remitting and secondary-progressive forms of ...
Read more : Interesting | Views : 1107 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Did you all see/read this?

Something I hadn’t seen before on the OPEXA website (official-dom in italics, my comments NOT):

November 10, 2008 Reprint from BIOCENTURY

Banking on Safety—by Erin McCallister Senior Writer

Even though its Tovaxin missed the primary endpoint in a Phase IIb trial to treat relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, Opexa Therapeutics Inc. thinks the autologous stem cell vaccine has a chance in RRMS. The company’s confidence is based in part on a post hoc analysis of secondary ...
Read more : Did you all see/read this? | Views : 1524 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

I never leave home without my chillow,as my temperature
fluctuates a lot at night.
Read more : Chillow-pillow | Views : 2334 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Shopping

Bad Case

Hi everybody, my mom was diagnosed about two months ago and since then has not started any medication. Her insurance company has only approved the Avonex, which her doctor will not approve because of the side effects and her small stature. The problem is that since she isn't on any thing to stop the progression it is just getting worse and the insurance company will not budge. Do you have any ideas to help us ...
Read more : Bad Case | Views : 1295 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228623 • Total topics 24187 • Total members 15480

Contact us | Terms of Service