It is currently Mon May 30, 2016 7:12 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hi-Cy - where and how much?

Hello Everyone: Thank you for posting so many positive comments. It always makes me happy to read them and to know there is some hope to at least lessen the effects of this horrible disease.

My questions: where and how much?

I'd really like to take this treament early (I've been diagnosed with RRMS for just over a year now) and I'd really like to know who to contact to (hopefully) get this thing started. ...
Read more : Hi-Cy - where and how much? | Views : 4261 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Read more : . | Views : 1604 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

AM80

AM80 Blocks Early Multiple Sclerosis in Mice

ScienceDaily (May 22, 2009) — Researchers led by Drs. Takahashi Yamamura and Shinji Oki at the National Institute of Neuroscience, Tokyo, Japan have found that the synthetic retinoid AM80 is effective in treating early symptoms in a mouse model of multiple sclerosis (MS).

MS is a disease where the immune system attacks the central nervous system, preventing communication between nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. ...
Read more : AM80 | Views : 1389 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

severe brain fog after Tysabr..

Had my first dose 2 weeks ago and I am feeling out of my skin looking in, its horrible and my neuro thinks its stress related since it started a few days ago. we did a blood test and everything was normal, so what now is something that should pass its awfull!
Read more : severe brain fog after Tysabr.. | Views : 2161 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

7th PML Case

Biogen Reports Seventh PML Case In Tysabri MS Patient

By Thomas Gryta, Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

NEW YORK -(Dow Jones)- Biogen Idec Inc. (BIIB) reported that a seventh patient on its multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri, sold with Elan Plc (ELN), has the developed rare brain infection.

A suspected link to progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, or PML, led to Tysabri being pulled from the market for 18 months beginning in 2005. Prior to Friday, the company has ...
Read more : 7th PML Case | Views : 1671 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

ticklish?

I never thought to ask, but now I am curious. When I met my husband he was very ticklish, but he has lost that with his MS, has anyone else?
Read more : ticklish? | Views : 2114 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Marie's Long Stanford story

I got home friday night at 10 pm after 15 hours of driving, three days after my Tuesday May 19 surgery. I would like to chronicle my experience here.

Previous to asking for assessment at Stanford I had gone to my local university and had gotten dopplers. There was some reflux on the vertebral veins but very mild. However it was enough for me to go to Stanford for more testsing...and the abnormality was enough ...
Read more : Marie's Long Stanford story | Views : 4545 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

occipital nerve block

I was a delighted recipient of an occipital nerve block on wednesday.
I have had a debilitating headache for 2 years...it was actually my presenting sx in the ER that got me a CT, then MRI which ended up dx MS.
I realize now, that once someone dx a chronic disease, it everyone's nature to blame EVERYTHING on the dx.
In this case it was chronic rirritation of the Occipital nerve.. Oh had I known.. ...
Read more : occipital nerve block | Views : 1303 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

3rd Infusion for me and feel better

I had my 3rd Tysabri infusion on Thursday. It all went well.

I have to share this with everyone. 3 months ago I was so depressed with Rebif. I was exhausted everyday. I could not imagine driving more than 30 miles at a time unless it was my DR appointment.

Now, I feel so much better, don't get me wrong I am still tired and have my regular muscle spasms, twitches, pins and needles, numbness, ...
Read more : 3rd Infusion for me and feel better | Views : 1749 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Some cautions to note

This is a post to make people aware of the finer details of the possible concerns to do with this type of procedure. This is NOT a non event like going to the dentist: it is real surgery with real lifelong consequences.

Stents are a metal mesh with a matrix on them that the blood vessel cells can grow onto and cover. These are used in areas where the blood vessel is compressed enough that ...
Read more : Some cautions to note | Views : 3551 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232521 • Total topics 24866 • Total members 16023

Contact us | Terms of Service