It is currently Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:19 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

testing children of MSers

I think it would be a great idea to have my daughter checked out along with me. The idea that she may lose as much as I have to this disease paralyzes me! If I am accepted to the Buffalo study I will ask if she can be a healthy subject.
Read more : testing children of MSers | Views : 1727 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Christmas Decorations

Well, there is good news and bad news about my Christmas decorations this year. Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days.

I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic ...
Read more : Christmas Decorations | Views : 1317 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

The Caribbean sun anemone...

...disables its prey with a potent neurotoxin that could provide a new treatment for the disabling auto-immune disorder, multiple sclerosis. ... 304&fpid=1
Read more : The Caribbean sun anemone... | Views : 1111 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

A plea for patience

I am very, very excited about this new information and wonderful hope. And I too was in the process of getting in to see Dr Dake for evaluation and possible stenting. I was very disappointed when the plug was pulled on that possibility. I am 57, have had PPMS for 35 years, and knew that new drugs took 15 years or so to develop and there was nothing eathishattering in the pipeline. As far as ...
Read more : A plea for patience | Views : 1995 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

was my first MS symptom vascular..?

My first sign of MS was a vascular issue…

In 2000 I had a stroke-like attack: I fully bended down and when i took an upright position again 4-5 seconds later my left arm started to crooking on its own and my left leg started to stretching out. I was felling to the ground and started to shout for help. I felt that my speaking was also touched, and also my eyes were looking squinted. ...

Question on drug approvals in other countries

Does anyone know how the drug approval process works in countries outside the U.S.? If a medication is approved by the U.S. FDA, do other countries usually follow suit? I'm wondering, when the oral meds start the receive FDA approval, will that be good enough in other countries, or will they have their own applications and processes?

How did this work after the CRABs and Tysabri received FDA approval?
Read more : Question on drug approvals in other countries | Views : 1553 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

CCSVI and ARSEP (France)

The french MS association ARSEP released today an article on CCSVI (we were looking forward such a statement). This is important because french scientists now pay attention to CCSVI.

Very good news for us in France.

Good evening,

Read more : CCSVI and ARSEP (France) | Views : 1945 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Why do you think that SPMSers fare worse than RR & PP?

I have not been officially told that I am SP, but I have an inkling.
From what I have read of Dr. Zamboni's research, this group does not have positive outcomes like RR and PP. Why?

I would be happy just to have progression STOP! Improvement would just be icing. Is there more info from his study that I am not aware of that would answer my question?

Thanks for your thoughts,

My neuro's response to CCSVI

:D I have been emailing my neuro information about CCSVI for a couple of months now. We talked briefly about CCSVI at my last appointment. This morning he actually replied to one of my emails !!! Here is his response to me :

"Hi.  I admire your conviction and interest.  I have added CCSVI to my blog.   Hopefully new research will give us new insight into whether ...
Read more : My neuro's response to CCSVI | Views : 2661 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Imaging and Tessla

MRIs and Tessla levels

My first MRI was done on a 3T machine.
A more recent repeat of that scan was done on a 1.5T, and the images were CLEARLY inferior.

Another 1.5T machine I was scanned in recently, though, provided great images. It was a new 'open' MRI, though.

Is it worth hunting down a 10T machine if I can, or just ensuring al future scans are on 3Ts? Are all images from 1.5 ...
Read more : Imaging and Tessla | Views : 1201 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 242579 • Total topics 26605 • Total members 17773

Contact us | Terms of Service