It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:15 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Discontinuing My Avonex Injections

Hi everyone - I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to post. I just quit injecting Avonex two weeks ago after doing the injections for just about two years. I couldn't take the side effects any longer which after two years never really subsided. On my "good" nights I would experience all the typical flu-like symptoms but after every several "good" nights I would experience extreme side effects (uncontrollable shaking - convulsion like, headache, ...
Read more : Discontinuing My Avonex Injections | Views : 21204 | Replies : 32 | Forum : Avonex

Myelin Repair Foundation

The Myelin Repair Foundation has posted a research summary on their website. It summarizes their efforts from July 2004 - July 2007. If you haven't read it already, you can read it here:

http://www.myelinrepair.org/myelin_repa ... ults.shtml
Read more : Myelin Repair Foundation | Views : 1211 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

'Saboteur' - MS TV Commercial

The following is a link about a TV advertisement (which I never saw) by the MS Society in Aus. Nothing of benefit, just interesting to see.

http://www.msaustralia.org.au/tvc.htm
or you can go straight to the video (15MB) at
http://www.msaustralia.org.au/webcasts/MS0007_60.mpeg
Read more : 'Saboteur' - MS TV Commercial | Views : 1568 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Kegel question for women

Ok, I know this topic is a little unpleasant but I am currently experiencing a lovely UTI and it reminded me to ask this question. In 2004 I had a very bad exacerbation which left me with very little bladder control or bladder capacity. At the time I didn't go on medication for it and eventually it got better but it has never been the same. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a ...
Read more : Kegel question for women | Views : 1750 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

has anyone else!

ok my boyfriend's mom was telling me about some research that someone (dont know who) has found out that the epstein barr virus has been linked to people that have M.S! has anyone else heard anything about this????
Read more : has anyone else! | Views : 1704 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Another trial

Hadassah uses stem cells for MS, ALS patients

Judy Siegel-Itzkovich , THE JERUSALEM POST Nov. 22, 2007

Neurologists at Jerusalem's Hadassah-University Hospital, Ein Kerem, are the first in the world to help multiple sclerosis (MS) and amyotropic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patients by injecting their spinal columns with large numbers of adult stem cells taken from their bone marrow and multiplied in culture.

The clinical trial, while "encouraging" and "promising," remains highly experimental, as all the ...
Read more : Another trial | Views : 1720 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Another one

Cell transplant hope for blood diseases and Multiple Sclerosis 23 November 2007

Thousands of patients with ailments such as multiple sclerosis and sickle cell disease have been given new hope that cell transplants could offer a more effective way to treat them.

An important step towards the goal of transplanting the parent stem cells that give rise to red blood cells to treat genetic blood diseases, such as sickle cell disease, is reported by an ...
Read more : Another one | Views : 1374 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Stem cells for new immune system

I know it's research on mice - but it's interesting.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j11 ... 9&w=464753

I assume every American user of this site is having the day off for Thankgiving.

Lyon is nearing the 2,000 post cut-off so we will be rid of him soon - something to be thankful for.

Ian
Read more : Stem cells for new immune system | Views : 1159 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and family and I'm thankful that I met all you kind people on this website! :)
Read more : Happy Thanksgiving | Views : 957 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Rituxumab Study for PPMS (OLYMPUS Trial): When will we know?

The OLYMPUS Trial officially ended this month. Does anyone know why this study was extended? Was it a FDA decision? I was told today of the extension by a chief clinical investigator who said the study will not be unblinded until all results are in and that will be within a year. Anecdotally the results seem positive, so I don't get it.
Read more : Rituxumab Study for PPMS (OLYMPUS Trial): When will we know? | Views : 7900 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218746 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192