It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:55 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Fire Drills

Has anyone been through a fire drill at work or in a condo/apartment building?

There was a fire drill at my office today. We're on the third floor but thankfully I am in good shape right now. If there had been one after my last relapse however, I don't know what would have happened.

I asked our Facilities Manager what the protocol for disabled people is and she couldn't answer me and is looking into ...
Read more : Fire Drills | Views : 964 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Side effects

Our neuro is one of the coordinators of the phase III trials for Campath.Other than having a good CV,he is very open-minded and quite straightforward so we highly value his opinion..Regarding the side effects,his opinion is that although they are potentially very serious (ie strokes can occur because of the bleeding disorder),they are in most cases manageable if the patient is closely monitored and the risk identified.

I just read the phase II trial paper ...
Read more : Side effects | Views : 1408 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

New neurons

I think this is old news but it is today's date!

Neurons Can Regrow! 27 October 2008

There’s evidence that the adult human brain has the ability to grow new neurons, say researchers at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute.

The study included nine people with multiple sclerosis (MS) and a control group of four healthy people. In MS, the immune system destroys the myelin sheaths that surround and protect nerves. When the myelin ...
Read more : New neurons | Views : 1414 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Sky news "Puff Piece" (video)

VIDEO

And another VIDEO
Read more : Sky news "Puff Piece" (video) | Views : 1654 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Campath and Allergies

Hello, thank you all for replying.
K6isten, you have a great story as well. I will be doing a full Allergy test in about one month and will let you know the results. Right now I am so inflamed that everything would come back positive. In addition, I too have suffered from several bacterial and viral infections after receiving Campath. I am still trying to get over one right now. The allergies along with infections ...
Read more : Campath and Allergies | Views : 1309 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

What exactly is four days of HiCy like??

Hey all

Question for people who have undergone the treatment - what exactly are those four days like? I am interested to know. I have gained a bit of an idea from threads here on this forum but it's still a bit of a mystery to me. Is it unpleasant? Does the time fly by on account of the drugs? Do the anti emetics work well?

Thanks!
Read more : What exactly is four days of HiCy like?? | Views : 2182 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Home Sick

Well I am sitting at home sick with some kind of funk that is going around. I need to be working very badly since the 31st of Oct is my last day of work. Our office is being shut down, they call it consolidation because that does not sound like closed and 5 people are losing their jobs. They want it to sound like a good thing.

It is not a good thing. 5 people ...
Read more : Home Sick | Views : 1515 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

3 months after campath

I just completed my visit for my 3 month check up. Blood counts continue to increase and hopefuly will be back to pre-campath levels in a few more months. My energy level is increasing and I am having fewer days each week where I just want to get home to relax/sleep. I hope all of the other campather's out there are doing well.
Read more : 3 months after campath | Views : 1805 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

BG-12

BG-12 significantly reduced brain lesions in multiple sclerosis 24 October 2008

Biogen Idec announced the publication of Phase IIb data showing that a 240 mg three-times-daily dose of the company's novel oral compound, BG-12 (BG00012, dimethyl fumarate), reduced the number of new gadolinium enhancing (Gd+) lesions by 69 percent in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) when in comparison to therapy with placebo (p<0.0001).

The data also showed a 53 percent reduction in the ...
Read more : BG-12 | Views : 1676 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tecfidera (BG-12, dimethyl fumarate)

Eric O'shea

Read more : Eric O'shea | Views : 1376 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227082 • Total topics 23944 • Total members 15256

Contact us | Terms of Service