It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Antisense - ATL-1102

Not much info - Teva is partnering with Antisense Therapeutics to help the latter get its MS drug - ATL-1102 - (currently Phase II) to market. ATL-1102 has a similar approach as Tysabri.

This is the second story within a month of a large drugs company partnering with a smaller one (other one was BioMS and Lilly).

Probably shows that these drugs show some promise.

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j12 ... 5&w=464753
Read more : Antisense - ATL-1102 | Views : 1388 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

endogenous retrovirus and herpesvirus

More interesting evidence for multiple viruses / retroviruses at work in the MS disease process.

Synergistic immune responses induced by endogenous retrovirus and herpesvirus antigens result in increased production of inflammatory cytokines in multiple sclerosis patients.

Scand J Immunol. 2008 Mar;67(3):295-303.
Brudek T, Christensen T, Hansen HJ, Petersen T, Møller-Larsen A.
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark. tb@microbiology.au.dk

Human endogenous retroviruses (HERV) and herpesviruses are ...
Read more : endogenous retrovirus and herpesvirus | Views : 1634 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Environmental factors

Doesn't say what they are in the abstract! The Australia case would seem to point to Vit D as one of the environmental factors. But the increase in MS in woman is another puzzle. But the researchers appear to be making some headway.

Environmental factors and multiple sclerosis 12 February 2008
Abstract

Studies in Canada have provided strong evidence that environmental factors act at a population level to influence the unusual geographical distribution of multiple ...
Read more : Environmental factors | Views : 1138 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Pixantrone

Some info about Pixantrone which could be useful for MS in the future (it's like Mitoxantrone without the cardiac risk issues).

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j12 ... 1&w=464753
Read more : Pixantrone | Views : 1187 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hepatitis B vaccine and MS : what about the US ?

Hi all

As I've mentioned it before, I'm french, and the question of the possible link between Hepatitis B vaccination and MS is regularly raised in Pasteur's country. From my point of view, it seems to be a "french-only" concern. My question is : what is the north american opinion about this concern ? Did your neuros give you any information about this ?
Read more : Hepatitis B vaccine and MS : what about the US ? | Views : 2188 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone taking Acetyl-L-Carnitine w/ Lipoic Acid, Glycine....

I've been rotating throughout the weeks between Acetyl-L-Carnitine / Lipoic acid, Glycine, N-Acetylglucosamine, Glucosamine Chondroitin and even Milk Thistle 1000 Mgs.

It all sounds so scary doesn't it.

I feel extremely good the past three months, much better than on any of the useless needles and pills the neuros have given me.

Do any of you take any of the above listed? I am also on Copaxone, but I didn't start feeling my oats again ...
Read more : Anyone taking Acetyl-L-Carnitine w/ Lipoic Acid, Glycine.... | Views : 2481 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Stem cells for diabetes

I was giving up this site for Lent but lasted 3 days!

Interesting article about stem cells for diabetes which shows how fast this area is moving.

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7238418.stm
Read more : Stem cells for diabetes | Views : 1416 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Cellcept

My mother has has MS for many years and her doctor has recently given her Cellcept alone to take. But after reading up about it I've seen it's used for transplant patients and has so many side effects it can only make her worst. Has anyone got any information about this or experience???
Read more : Cellcept | Views : 3512 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Myeline Repair Foundation

Yea! Scott Johnson and his team continue to move forward. Projected licensing of target drug for myelin repair in 2009.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/96588.php
Sharon
Read more : Myeline Repair Foundation | Views : 1925 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220766 • Total topics 22871 • Total members 14444

Contact us | Terms of Service