It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:19 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

not that anyone is counting....

but I'm at #7!
Had my infusion this afternoon and other than the 'zzzzz's' i'm feeling fine.

:D

I hope everyone is well and that you have a great weekend!
Read more : not that anyone is counting.... | Views : 1745 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Acorda Therapeutics’ Fampridine-SR likely to receive FDA app

Acorda Therapeutics’ (NASDAQ:ACOR) Fampridine-SR, a drug that is designed to improve walking ability in patients with multiple sclerosis, will likely receive FDA approval later this month, despite its increased risk for seizures, neurologists and a source close to the situation told Pharmawire.

FDA briefing documents will be available on 12 October. The company is expecting an FDA decision on 22 October.

But according to risk management consultants who previously worked at the FDA, the drug ...

Nystagmus

Anyone managed to get rid of this annoying symptom? (nystagmus)

L
Read more : Nystagmus | Views : 2789 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Natural Approach

Eduard Rindfleisch (1836-1908)

Dr. Eliott Frohman spoke of Dr. Rindfleisch and his theory of venous congestion in Bologna, and I finally got around to reading some of his observations of MS brains.

Further insight into the pathophysiology of MS was provided by Eduard Rindfleisch, a 19th century German pathologist, who analysed post-mortem brain samples from MS patients.

In 1863, Rindfleisch reported a key finding that paved the way for theories of inflammatory involvement in the aetiology of MS. ...
Read more : Eduard Rindfleisch (1836-1908) | Views : 3674 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Holly's Obituary and Donation Fund

To All,
Holly's sister, Trudy, sent me a copy of the obituary - the family wanted it posted on TIMS.
We also now have a way to make a donation in memory of Holly thanks to the hard work of Cheryle aka "Needled".

Holly's Obituary
Holly Elizabeth Shean, born December 18, 1958, died on August 19,
2009. She is survived by her parents, James and Dorothy Shean, her
three sisters Trudy Roughgarden, Jill Griffith and ...

Cladribine pills file for FDA approval

Merck submitted its U.S. FDA application for Cladribine pills on September 30, 2009. This application is also on a fast track review process.
http://www.merckserono.com/corp.merckse ... _44372.pdf
Read more : Cladribine pills file for FDA approval | Views : 1417 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Are you an MS parent? Check your LO's Vit D3 levels.....

If there are any other MS-parents please get your Little Ones's Vitamin D (D3) checked regularly and supplement with Vitamin D3 drops if insufficient levels are detected. It is something we CAN do to help our children avoid this awful disease. See this story: http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=15021
Also this week a new study done in Ireland found the majority of pregnant women in Ireland are vitamin D deficient so that's another ...
Read more : Are you an MS parent? Check your LO's Vit D3 levels..... | Views : 1589 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

CCSVI and epigentics

Hi,
I posted this something similar in the genes section.
I watched a programme yesterday all about epigenetics and identical twins.
They studied 2 cases where 1 twin developed Lukemia and the other didn't and in another set of twins 1 developed Type 1 diabetes and the other didn't. They concluded that the enviroment would have changed their epigenetics as they were 100% genetic clones of eachother.

The reason I am writing this in the ...
Read more : CCSVI and epigentics | Views : 1141 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Question if this tool would be usefull..

Here's a copy of a post from the LDN thread about alcohol. It refers to a web page where they have some scans of blood flow in brains of people wo have different issues. Just wondering if this could be a diagnostic tool for before/after CCSVI interventions...
NHE wrote:Alcohol also doesn't help the brain. In fact, quite the opposite occurs. It restricts blood flow to the brain which can be seen in these Single Photon Emission ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 237664 • Total topics 25823 • Total members 17099

Contact us | Terms of Service