It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:34 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Rite of passage

I had my first solumedrol drip today. I had a relapse over the weekend - vetibular ataxia. My first definite relapse since diagnosis last year. Yippee :(

I am getting the drip for three more days. The nurse told me about some side effects but they didn't seem to match some other ones I've read about, so I'm curious to know what your experiences on it were. ...
Read more : Rite of passage | Views : 1788 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Need Guidance Re: abx

I am very interested in starting antibiotic therapy but my brief attempt at research has left me overwhelmed. Where do I start? How do I find a doctor if my neuro won't help me? I'm in an HMO so if I have to go out of network and pay privately are the drugs expensive? What is the test for cpn? Is that a necessary step? Does this require medical supervision or can I order the ...
Read more : Need Guidance Re: abx | Views : 1908 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Impending dx

Tomorrow afternoon I am seeing the neuro. I have not had a dx yet, only docs murmuring that MS is likely. I had a whole bunch of tests in early january and tomorrow I am getting the results ( the joys of the NHS & 3 month waits for appointments).

I am now absolutely terrified. After fighting for a year to be taken seriously by doctors I am now praying that they will tell me ...
Read more : Impending dx | Views : 3054 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

dorkus malorkus

so aaron. what if some poster is just annoying. i'm not naming any names, but it starts with e and ends with c and rhymes with bee cow see
Read more : dorkus malorkus | Views : 2463 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Suggestions

Statin and minocycline combo

Those lucky mice are now getting a statin and minocycline combo.

Ian

<shortened url>
Read more : Statin and minocycline combo | Views : 1752 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

What is inactive ms exactly?

Hi Everyone,

As my main area of reading is now everything to do with ms, i have many times come across terms like active and non active ms.

Does anyone know what this means? Is inactive ms just ms that is "asleep" and currently silent and not causing any problems?

Is it active when demyelination is occuring?

Is the aim of dmd's to help ms to remain inactive as long as possible as well as ...
Read more : What is inactive ms exactly? | Views : 3542 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Progressive MS Pipeline

Upon request, here are the drugs from the pipeline that are being tested for progressive forms of MS. If I've missed anything, please let me know.

Progressive MS Treatment Pipeline - September 2011

Phase 3 Trials
- Gilenya (aka FTY720 and fingolimod) (PPMS) (Novartis)
- Masitinib (SPMS and PPMS) (aka Kinavet or AB1010) (AB Science)
- Ocrelizumab (R1594) (trial for PPMS) (Genentech, Roche, Biogen)
- Revimmune (aka high dose cyclophosphamide or cytoxan) (Accentia Biopharmaceuticals) (refractory ...
Read more : Progressive MS Pipeline | Views : 27771 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

more lucky mice (stem cells as therapy for Parkinson's)

Therapeutic Cloning Works in Mice With Parkinson's

By Alan Mozes
HealthDay Reporter
Monday, March 24, 2008; 12:00 AM

MONDAY, March 24 (HealthDay News) -- Therapeutic cloning successfully treated Parkinson's disease in mice, researchers report.

Using the process to develop dopamine-producing neurons with an identical genetic profile to each mouse being treated allowed scientists to significantly improve the neurological performance of the diseased animals, without provoking any evidence of immune system rejection.

"This is the first ...
Read more : more lucky mice (stem cells as therapy for Parkinson's) | Views : 1567 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Neuroblastin

A preclinical - but looks interesting as focuses on repair

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j13 ... 0&w=464753
Read more : Neuroblastin | Views : 1700 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221814 • Total topics 23035 • Total members 14554

Contact us | Terms of Service