It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:22 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

First cloned human embryo created

A great breakthrough though they were not yet able to yield human embryonic stem cells from the cloned embryo.

Link to new scientist

--Frank
Read more : First cloned human embryo created | Views : 1513 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

MRI

More powerful MRI scanners should provide better information on what is happening in our CNS and to monitor the effects of treatments.

At the end of March, Professor Miller, UK MS / MRI expert is giving a presentation on MRI and MS.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/convention/ ... iller.html

The following article reports on the benefits of the newer / more powerful MRI scanners.

Stronger MRI's Speed Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis 18 January 2008 ...
Read more : MRI | Views : 1608 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

surface skin numbness

I noticed about a year ago the surface skin on the outer portion of both my lower thighs went numb after a shot. Two shots actually, one each thigh. I figure I hit a nerve or something. Maybe was a little too low on the leg. Anyone else have this happen? I didn't get to alarmed over it and the feeling is slowly coming back. Been a Ribif junkie for about 3 years now. Lovin ...
Read more : surface skin numbness | Views : 4150 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rebif

Shall I Stop Rebif now waiting for Tysabri?

Hello,

I saw my neuro Tuesday and he would like me to start Tysabri. I am pleased about it (although it means my MS is progressing which sucks) though it will be a bit of time til I start - have to have another MRI and a lumber puncture first.

My question is, can I stop my Rebif now? As he has said it obviously isn't working for me, I HATE it (can't stand those ...
Read more : Shall I Stop Rebif now waiting for Tysabri? | Views : 2587 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

backwards

I want to live my next life backwards!

You start out dead and get that out of the way right off the bat.

Then, you wake up in a nursing home feeling better and better every day.

When you are kicked out of the home for being too healthy, you spend several years enjoying your retirement and collecting benefit checks.

When you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day.

You work ...
Read more : backwards | Views : 2231 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Humor

Hi, from MrsGeorge's Husband

Just an introdution to all here.

As you prob konw my wif ehasn't been officially diagnosed yet, but the noises the neuro made tend for it to seem that she does. Still early stages and from what we know it looks like RRMS at the moment. The hospital did take a wad load of blood to test for, whatever they test for, to check for other causes of the symtoms she has.

However with ON, ...
Read more : Hi, from MrsGeorge's Husband | Views : 1464 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Cheerleader's Regimen for her Husband

Welp.I thought it was time to put down all the supplement info I’ve compiled into one place. Warning: this will be long, but hopefully of help to others.

Here’s our story. It’s been almost a year since my darling 43 year old husband told me he felt really lousy. Numbness and tingling up and down his left side, sore legs, painful feet. Strange urgent bladder issues. One day, we went for our usual walk with ...
Read more : Cheerleader's Regimen for her Husband | Views : 13015 | Replies : 56 | Forum : Regimens

Neuroplasticity

Not long ago I posted some information about a Wired Science episode on PBS that discussed neuroplasticity. I have recently started reading a book on the same subject which discusses some of the same information, as well as Dr. Bach-y-Rita's work, but in more detail. Its title is The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge, M.D. 2007. Although I have just started reading the book, I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested ...
Read more : Neuroplasticity | Views : 4793 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Reading Nook

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220059 • Total topics 22752 • Total members 14360

Contact us | Terms of Service