It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:29 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

FTY720 and cladribine filing info

http://www.reuters.com/article/Health09 ... WY20091109

excerpt from the above article

Jimenez said the lower dose of oral multiple sclerosis drug FTY720, which Novartis plans to file with regulators next month, was "clearly approvable" and would be an attractive option for patients seeking an alternative to injections.

It is in a head-to-head race with Merck KGaA's (MRCG.DE: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) cladribine to be the first oral MS drug on the ...
Read more : FTY720 and cladribine filing info | Views : 1922 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Which comes first? Candida, CCSVI or MS?

This will be a long post, but please bear with me and hear me out. I have NO medical background, I’m just another MS patient on a similar search for answers to the question, What causes MS.
My little uneducated brain keeps coming to the conclusion that we are what we eat and absorb through our skin and breath from our environment. I can’t wrap my head around the thought that our own bodies would ...

New to the forum

While I have been lurking for a while so I thought I would introduce my self. My name is Jason I am 36 and I was DX'd almost 1 year ago RRMS and found the CCSVI info about 2 months ago so I am scheduled with my PCP the 23rd to get a refferal to Stanford then hopefully that portion can happen quickly, luckily I live just north of Phoenix so Stanford is not to ...
Read more : New to the forum | Views : 1863 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Antibiotics "could help slow MS" according to the

Well, its a start I suppose: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7136088.stm

"Antibioticsi are cheap and easil available, which could make them an attractive treatment for MSi if they were shown to be beneficial" - Dr Laura Bell, MS Society

Adding antibiotics to standard drug therapy may slow down the progress of multiple sclerosis, research suggests.

Patients showed fewer symptoms and fewer signs of tissue damage when they took the antibiotic doxycycline alongside the MS drug beta interferon.

Louisiana State ...
Read more : Antibiotics "could help slow MS" according to the | Views : 3186 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Antibiotics

Zamboni at Charcot foundation meeting !!!!

The CCSVI Facebook page has a new entry this morning about the Charcot Foundation Meeting in Europe. Apparently Dr. Zamboni and Dr. Salvi will have their CCSVI posters there. It's being held in Lisbon November 12, 13 and 14. I was disappointed that Dr. Zamboni is not giving a talk !!!! We all know the lack of impact of his posters at ECTRIMS. The Charcot foundation page has a button survey to see if a ...

LDN: All fuzz, no buzz

Hi,

I`d like to ask you, if the experience of my wife is unique or common:
after starting with LDN 3 mg/d, she realized, that there wasn`t any positive effects any more from drinking a glass of wine or eating one of these THC cookies, just a foggy brain.
I read that Naltrexon is not only used for opiate addicts but also for alcoholics. But then, much higher doses are used.
It`s not a big ...
Read more : LDN: All fuzz, no buzz | Views : 3592 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

New drug therapies and promising studies offer hope for MS p

Just trying to be provide some positive news for the start of a new week. Anyone know where I can get the medication that has a remission rate of 90%-95%?

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/drug+t ... story.html
Read more : New drug therapies and promising studies offer hope for MS p | Views : 1519 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

obesity increases MS risk in teen girls

Interesting study and another reason to keep kids fit and active.

<shortened url>
Read more : obesity increases MS risk in teen girls | Views : 1416 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239296 • Total topics 26107 • Total members 17382

Contact us | Terms of Service