It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Blood pressure drug reverses MS symptoms in mice.

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre57g4ke-us-ms-drug/

Would love to hear what my knowledgeable friends on this board think about this announcement. Drug that keeps blood vessels from contracting. Not as a new treatment per say--but seems this might fit into the CCSVI model.

CHICAGO, Aug. 17, 2009 (Reuters) — A widely used blood pressure drug may hold promise as a treatment for multiple sclerosis, U.S. researchers said on Monday.

Lab tests found the generic ...

people who have had the procedure: How is your BP?

AS we have discussed before, Blood pressure seems to run really low in MS patients. My husband is no exception....he seems to be stuck at about 100/60. Has anyone improved since the operation?

Just read this story today

Blood pressure pill could help treat multiple sclerosis, claims scientist.

<shortened url>
Read more : Just read this story today | Views : 1898 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Will My Work Schedule.....

Will my work schedule put me in a higher risk of an attack? Let me Explain.

when i got dx with MS I quit my second job, cause it is what my neuro recommend.

Year later Im still in debt of old and new medical bills cause I cant find an insurance I can afford or take me on cause I have a pre existing issue as I will call it, and i dont wanna ...
Read more : Will My Work Schedule..... | Views : 1190 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

lisinopril

Interesting potential treatment...

Inexpensive hypertension drug could be multiple sclerosis treatment

August 17, 2009 - Turning serendipity into science, researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine have found a link, in mice and in human brain tissue, between high blood pressure and multiple sclerosis. Their findings suggest that a safe, inexpensive drug already in wide use for high blood pressure may have therapeutic value in multiple sclerosis, as well.

While neurology professor Lawrence Steinman, ...
Read more : lisinopril | Views : 11366 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Bladder infection again!

Any tips/ideas? I'm already taking D Mannose. thanks!
Read more : Bladder infection again! | Views : 1882 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Catfreak's date for the testing and intervention

Alex called me today about Noon my time or 10AM Stanford time. She gave me a choice of Aug 24-25 or Sept 2-3. I spoke with my husband and we decided Sept 2-3 would work best for us since we are on vacation now and need to get back and get everything ready like flights and hotel.

She is still working on my insurance.

Cat

Endovascular treatment of MS: personal experience

I am a 63 year old Italian consultant cardiac surgeon working full time in Belfast since 1993. I was diagnosed wirh chronic progressive MS in 1986. It started with spasticity and progressive weakness of the lower limbs, more marked on the right side. It affected my ability to walk and control of bladder and bowels became a problem, in addition to erectile disfunction. When I met prof. Zamboni two years ago I walked with a ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235160 • Total topics 25378 • Total members 16585

Contact us | Terms of Service