It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:35 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

health associations with mag deficiency

fun list -

Deficiency (from low dietary intake or excess loss) is clinically associated with:

* ADD/ADHD
* Alzheimer's
* Angina
* Anxiety disorders
* Arrhythmia
* Arthritis- Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis
* Asthma
* Autism
* Auto immune disorders- all types
* Cavities
* Cerebral Palsy- in children from magnesium deficient mothers
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
* Congestive Heart Disease
* Constipation
* Crooked teeth- narrow jaw- in children from magnesium deficient mothers
* Depression ...
Read more : health associations with mag deficiency | Views : 1330 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

bad news for Loobie

So I got my fifth shot today. I've been being kind of quiet on the Tovaxin thread because I just didn't have anything really concrete to report. Well at my EDSS evaluation, I'm back up to a 4; skipped right on through 3.5. Since I'm not having any "new" symptoms I was kind of hoping beyond hope, but the last week has just been more downward progression of my walking ability. I had to use ...
Read more : bad news for Loobie | Views : 2305 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Clinical Trials and Health Insurance

A question for anybody that's participated in a trial or looked into one. Did you have to coordinate with your health insurance company? What was their policy? For instance, if the drug being tested caused some health problem, would the insurance company cover treatment for it?

Recently, I've been thinking about joining a study, and my insurance carrier said they would need to see information on it so they can pre-certify. I was told that ...
Read more : Clinical Trials and Health Insurance | Views : 1324 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Sativex longterm-effective in MS related pain

Cannabis-based Multiple Sclerosis drug, Sativex, shows long-term efficacy
08 September 2008

GW Pharmaceuticals Plc announced today that a study of its cannabis-based pain killer Sativex has shown long-term efficacy in the treatment of neuropathic pain due to multiple sclerosis.

It is the first time that the long-term effectiveness of the drug had been demonstrated in a so-called placebo-controlled study, where it is tested against a dummy drug.

The news is also significant for the company ...
Read more : Sativex longterm-effective in MS related pain | Views : 2309 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Sativex

Hi from California

I love this website!

My uncle has secondary-progressive MS. He was being treated with chemotherapy with Mitazantrone, but had to stop the treatments because they were damaging his heart. I joined the website to help him stay informed about new treatments for SPMS.
Read more : Hi from California | Views : 1268 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

MS World Congress

Is anyone going to be attending the MS World Congress in Montreal next week? Neurologists from around the world are all meeting up to discuss and give lectures about current and prospective MS treatments. I think anyone can register and go.

Here's the link to the MS World Congress website:
http://www.msmontreal.org
Read more : MS World Congress | Views : 1422 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Relief for Burning Leg?

Hi All~

I've been posting here a bit over the last few weeks. My partner was diagnosed with MS back in February and he is currently on (and doing well with) Copaxone. In any event, the one constant symptom he has is a burning/painful right leg. He doesn't want to go on any prescription meds for it at this time as he doesn't find it to be debilitating, but we are curious about any supplements ...
Read more : Relief for Burning Leg? | Views : 8112 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Gluten and trace mineral absorption

Found this interesting tidbit on a site which in general, I really agree with on so many levels. Some interesting thoughts, although not well-cited as are many other sections of that site...

Gluten Intolerance
One of the causes of magnesium deficiency is a diet high in grains, such as wheat, that have phytic acid. Phytic acid binds magnesium making it unavailable to the body. Wheat is an arid crop. It does not grow, and subsequently ...
Read more : Gluten and trace mineral absorption | Views : 1422 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Opexa Data Presentation

Top-Line Data from Opexa’s Phase IIb Tovaxin® Study to be Presented at World Congress on Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis

Novel T-Cell Vaccine Being Evaluated as Patient-Specific Treatment for MS

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company dedicated to the development of patient-specific cellular therapies for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS) and diabetes, today announced that top-line data from the company’s Phase IIb study of Tovaxin® will ...
Read more : Opexa Data Presentation | Views : 1363 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

participating in drugs trials - thoughts?

I have just discovered a local company that are doing trials of new MS drugs and are looking for participants (paying nice money too). What are your thoughts. Has anyone been involved in trials? What are the risks?

Failing that they will still pay money for my blood! I finally found an upside to MS!
Read more : participating in drugs trials - thoughts? | Views : 1077 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226244 • Total topics 23793 • Total members 15095

Contact us | Terms of Service