It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

New and overwhelmed ?!*

Hi everyone,
I am New here and wanted to say Hello.My name is Tami and I am 42 yrs old.I live in Ohio.My Family Doc did a mri because I was having severe headaches and they have been getting worse over the last year Every headache is brought on with vertigo or Dizzyness like I will pass out and this continues until headache is gone. Blurry eye sight sometimes that lasts for awhile but no ...
Read more : New and overwhelmed ?!* | Views : 1597 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

nabiximols for spasticity

Warning | Privacy

Recent news - Multiple Sclerosis

Nabiximols Effective and Well Tolerated for Patients Suffering From Refractory Spasticity in MS: Presented at ECTRIMS

By Chris Berrie

DÜSSELDORF, Germany -- September 14, 2009 -- The cannabinoid nabiximols is effective and well tolerated as an oromucosal spray for patients suffering from refractory spasticity because of multiple sclerosis (MS), according to research presented at the 25th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple ...
Read more : nabiximols for spasticity | Views : 2011 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Medical Marijuana

Welcome to ThisIsMS

Welcome to ThisIsMS. I hope that everyone that visits this site can find it to be a supportive and helpful community. I recommend reading the Forums FAQ as it answers many of the common questions that people have when using the forums, e.g., options for searching the forum efficiently and formatting posts, etc. Feel free to contact me if you have a question that's not addressed by the FAQ. Note that there is also a ...
Read more : Welcome to ThisIsMS | Views : 29672 | Replies : 117 | Forum : Introductions

Where to start? CCSVI

Hi All! New here
I was told by my neuro last week it's more than likely that I have MS.
Ok next step is the LP in a few weeks..But...

After reading through all the information on CCSVI I am sure there is something going on with my veins. I have pressure in my head that I cannot explain and I know something is just not right!

I want to get the needed tests but ...
Read more : Where to start? CCSVI | Views : 1762 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

letter from Opexa

Hey All,
I just received a notice that I have a certified letter from Opexa at the post office. I have to be out of town for 3 or 4 days and can't get by to pick it up. Has anyone else gotten a letter? I'm dying to know what's up. I'll let you know when I am in possession, It's probably a bill!!!! Oh by the way, I haven't made my way down out ...
Read more : letter from Opexa | Views : 4125 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Betaferon found to protect brain tissue

Düsseldorf, Germany, September 10, 2009 –

The multiple sclerosis drug Betaferon® (interferon beta-1b) of Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany, may play a role in the protection of brain tissue in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). This emerged from the results of two new studies presented today at the 25th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS).

“These novel findings suggest that Betaferon, in addition to its well-established anti-inflammatory properties, ...
Read more : Betaferon found to protect brain tissue | Views : 4214 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Betaseron

Got Botox injections yesterday...

...in each calf, for spasticity. Anyone try this? How'd it work? Last year I had injections in my bladder for incontinence with some mild relief, but no miracle. Thanks.
Read more : Got Botox injections yesterday... | Views : 1520 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Bowel Incontinence?

I have had a rather bad week. It started with vision problems in my left eye where it is noticably more fuzzy than my right eye. I have also had periods where my legs feel tingly (like as I speak) and problems walking, feeling "wobbly". I also noticed that when I walk my left foot seems to turn outwards making my look a little clumsy.

In addition to all this, I had an episode last ...
Read more : Bowel Incontinence? | Views : 2060 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Diosmin

What do you think about Diosmin and CCSVI? Can it have any positive effects? In US it is sold as a supplement and in Europe on prescription (Detralex).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diosmin
Read more : Diosmin | Views : 1732 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

more on EBV

Linking Epstein-Barr Virus To Multiple Sclerosis
ScienceDaily (Sep. 15, 2009) — Over the last 40 years, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) has been repeatedly associated with multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases. During the 2nd European Congress of Immunology ECI 2009 held in Berlin, Francesca Aloisi, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome, will present new data* that further support the link. In the brain lesions of patients with multiple sclerosis her team found abnormal accumulation of EBV infected ...
Read more : more on EBV | Views : 1205 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242888 • Total topics 26657 • Total members 17823

Contact us | Terms of Service