It is currently Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:09 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Mitochondrial Disease, Thimerosal and Links to MS

Watching CNN...press conference regarding first ever award to the family of a little girl in Georgia diagnosed with autism, set off by vaccines with thimerosal which activated mitochondrial disorder, a maternally inherited disease.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jPIM ... gD8V7I5FO0

Mitochondrial Disorder has been linked to Multiple Sclerosis

http://www.heattreat.ca/aging.php

Mitochondrial disorder manifests in the following way-

"The process of converting food and oxygen (fuel) into energy requires ...
Read more : Mitochondrial Disease, Thimerosal and Links to MS | Views : 1223 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Human endogenous retroviruses again

I could SWEAR I had posted this last night, but right at this moment it's probably mystifying readers of a forum about using mayonnaise during foreplay. I'll try and remember what I said: something about human endogenous retroviruses beings sequences of viral DNA which have become incorporated into our own genome. Up to this point I had heard that only very few were capable of producing a viable viral particle, but this abstract talks about ...
Read more : Human endogenous retroviruses again | Views : 1285 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Pixantrone

Pixantrone to be Studied in Phase I/II Trial for Aggressive Multiple Sclerosis 06 March 2008

Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) announced today that its investigational drug pixantrone will be studied in a multicenter phase I/II trial initiated by the Fondation Charcot Stichting, in Brussels, Belgium, which sponsors a consortium of centers involved in studying new therapies for the treatment for multiple sclerosis. This study will enroll patients with aggressive relapsing remitting (RR) or secondary progressive ...
Read more : Pixantrone | Views : 1256 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Lipoatrophy Survey

Of all of you who are on Copaxone and how old you are and if you're male or female. I've heard that males tend to get it less, or not at all, and I was just wondering.
Read more : Lipoatrophy Survey | Views : 5941 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Copaxone

Avonex in Canada

I'm lucky enough to be able to work, which I cherish! I've noticed that a lot of people with MS cannot work, and I'm not looking forward to my turn. Because I work, I make sure to take the Avonex shot on a Friday or Saturday night, just in case it kicks my butt (which is known to happen with me, in this short time).
I just started Avonex, it will be my third shot ...
Read more : Avonex in Canada | Views : 2488 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Avonex

AAN

The American Academy of Neurology holds its annual conference next month. A number of MS trials will be reporting results etc. One of the key lectures is by Moses Rodriguez and looks very interesting:

Moses Rodriguez, MD, FAAN,Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Moses Rodriguez is a nationally recognized multiple sclerosis expert. He is Professor of Neurology and Immunology and holds the Mildred A. and Henry Uihlein II Professorship in Medical Research at Mayo Clinic College of ...
Read more : AAN | Views : 1605 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Dignan - drugs report

Dignan,

If you had followed my advice you could be cuddling up to Jimmylegs on your sofa tonight. My advice was ignored. As you sit in your home alone I thought you might want something to do. Here is a report for you to read.

Ian

http://www.phrma.org/files/Neurologic%202008.pdf
Read more : Dignan - drugs report | Views : 1434 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Revimmune vs Stem Cell Therapy

I am curious why some are choosing revimmune over Stem Cell therapy.
I am currently deciding between the 2. I have had MS for about 15 years with an EDSS of 1.5

I see my neuro this thursday and want to discuess how I can get into one of these studies. Where I live they are doing the Stem Cell Therapy, sounds pretty much the same as the revimmune except one you get stem cells ...
Read more : Revimmune vs Stem Cell Therapy | Views : 2153 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Has anyone seen any new info on Minocycline?

I was just curious if anyone here had seen any updates on the study in Canada at the University of Calgary with Dr. Luanne Metz, or Dr. V. W. Yong?

I hope everyone is doing ok. I haven't posted here in a while.
Read more : Has anyone seen any new info on Minocycline? | Views : 1358 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Nostalgic reminiscions of a man I used to know.

I once knew a man who was fun to be around. He was happy, motivated and funny. He had a passion for life that was unbelievable. He was full of hope and dreams, plans for the future with family and kids. He would make strangers smile for no reason. He had a vigor for life, a passion for sports and outdoors, and an enchantment with where his life was now and where it would take ...
Read more : Nostalgic reminiscions of a man I used to know. | Views : 3074 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 227152 • Total topics 23953 • Total members 15298

Contact us | Terms of Service