It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hi! I am new here.

Hey everyone. I have just spent 2 hours reading and reading posts here. This is a cool place. I was diagnosed a little over a year ago. I have had 3 flares in that time and lots of persistent symptoms; chronic vertigo, numbness and spasticity in my left leg, poor visual tracking, some bladder and bowel problems, poor balance, and word recall difficulties. For the most part, my symptoms are mild and I have adapted ...
Read more : Hi! I am new here. | Views : 1444 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

BIG PhARMA, BIG KaRMA

July 27th, 2007 7:17 pm
BIG PhRMA, BIG KaRMA

The drugs may be free but the bus costs us plenty

By David Schankula / ACE Weekly

Last Friday, help finally arrived for the sick and poor in Lexington, KY -- and it came in grand style.

A 45-foot long bright orange bus parked itself in front of the History Museum on Main Street and Mr. Montel Williams, talk show host and celebrity spokesperson for America's ...
Read more : BIG PhARMA, BIG KaRMA | Views : 967 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

My sons' witnessed me having heat attack while on vacation.

We went to N. Wisconsin for a week, the 14-21st. I can't tolerate heat at all anymore, specifically any type of activity that increases my body temperature.

We went to a flea market, a huge one, a family tradition, just me and my two sons age 24 & 26. After strolling around for about 45 minutes in the sun, I started to feel heat symptoms coming on as the heat rose into the 70's for ...
Read more : My sons' witnessed me having heat attack while on vacation. | Views : 1880 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

songs

all, any1 remember where it was that ppl were posting songs that meant something to them as ms patients last year. i think between march and june 2006. don't recall an author to search on and search term "song" is a bit vague lol
Read more : songs | Views : 8030 | Replies : 74 | Forum : General Discussion

Scare Tactics

Here is a load of "BS"....

I've never had MJ before, because I don't want to get in trouble, but if it were legal, I'd definitely try it.

But... Here is a BS article that sounds more like scare tactics than fact.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/07/27/marijuana.psychosis.ap/index.html
Read more : Scare Tactics | Views : 3673 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Mesenchymal stem cell trial results

I didn't think the first clinical trial results on mesenchymal stem cell therapy would come from Iran, but I'm glad they are pushing MS research along.

Does mesenchymal stem cell therapy help multiple sclerosis patients? Report of a pilot study.

Iran J Immunol. 2007 Mar;4(1):50-7.
Mohyeddin Bonab M, Yazdanbakhsh S, Lotfi J, Alimoghaddom K, Talebian F, Hooshmand F, Ghavamzadeh A, Nikbin B.
Hematology-Oncology & BMT Research Center, Tehran, Iran.

BACKGROUND: Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) with ...
Read more : Mesenchymal stem cell trial results | Views : 1505 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Research news

A summary from the NMSS of recent research / trials.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/docs/H ... Fall07.pdf

I wasn't going to post again until the autumn, but that piece of trash Lyon looks like he will overtake me in the number of postings. But I'm sure you all agree that one posting from me is worth 100 of Lyon's efforts.

This has been a good week - I met up with Muu for ...
Read more : Research news | Views : 2026 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Just hit a chord

He has fought a hard battle to keep walking, which he can only do these last 10 years if he hangs onto something and not for any distance. He has shoveled dirt on his knees, laid stone, cut floor boarding, made the bed and anything else he could do from a kneeling position. His arms are strong and his mind is good. I don't want him to only walk in his dreams. I want to ...
Read more : Just hit a chord | Views : 1484 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Daily Life

Optic Neuritis?

I am currently enduring an Optic Neuritis attack. It led to my MS diagnosis. May 2007 I lost my sight entirely. No vision in my right eye at all. Now, 2.5 months later, I can see movement and shapes but really only in dim light. I am still relatively blind in bright sunlight. I can basically now see contrast between light and dark objects.

For those who have endured Optic Neuritis, did you recover your ...
Read more : Optic Neuritis? | Views : 4212 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

I feel lost and scared

Hello

Since I know, that I will get the diagnosis MS in the future, I feel completely lost and scared. I am still in Limbo, but I feel weird things going on in my body. Last fall I had a very long epsiode of several symptoms that lasted about three months, the most scary two were my slured speech and difficulties when swallowing. My neurologist told me, that it is hard to call it an ...
Read more : I feel lost and scared | Views : 4876 | Replies : 39 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222357 • Total topics 23095 • Total members 14621

Contact us | Terms of Service