It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:13 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Waiting To Hear

Alex from Dr. Dake's called me yesterday and needed insurance informatioin which I gave her as well as faxing a copy of my card. Have a tentative date of August 4. We will see what they say. Having some mixed emotions that I'm guessing others that have chosen this route have experienced as well. From the research that others (Marie, Cheer, etc.) have been so kind to share, CCSVI looks so logical and it certainly ...
Read more : Waiting To Hear | Views : 3818 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Incorrect Links in Subscribed Topics Emails

Just thought you should know, the links that go out with subscribed forum
emails do not work correctly because they redirect from thisisms.com to www.thisisms.com and the anchor at the end gets dropped. For example:

http://thisisms.com/modules.php?name=Fo ... 9933#59933

redirects to:

http://www.thisisms.com/modules.php?nam ... ic&p=59933

(and drops the #59933 at the end of the url)

Then you need to ...
Read more : Incorrect Links in Subscribed Topics Emails | Views : 1844 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Support

numbness

My left hand, back and abdomen are very numb, sometimes it feels like burning. I'm wondering if that's how others feel numbness and if the burning sensation is a sign of it going away. How does your numbness go away? Gradually and almost unnoticeably slow, or suddenly? I'm hoping mine will go away soon but it's hard to tell it's so slow. At first I couldn't tell if a pin was sharp or dull on ...
Read more : numbness | Views : 1575 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

good one

I was having trouble with my computer.
So I called Eric, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over.
Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

I didn't want to appear stupid, but none the less inquired, 'An, ID ten ...
Read more : good one | Views : 1398 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

testing mice...

I boldly asked Dr Simka if we could put sclerosing foam in mice jugular veins and azygos veins to see if they get MS like lesions.

He said no because it is not possible to make an animal model of leg ulcers because the mice do not live long enough for one to develop.

HHHmmmmmmm.

So. that answers the question about how long it takes for these venous stenoses, in legs at least, to result ...
Read more : testing mice... | Views : 1736 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Thyroid problems and MS

Hi,

I recently went in for a physical exam and had some bloodwork done. They called be back today and told me my thyroid levels were off and to come in for more tests, that this could be related to an autoimmune disorder. She asked me if I had been feeling lethargic lately. I told her I don't think I could tell the difference. I always fell tired from the MS. This thyroid deal coupled ...
Read more : Thyroid problems and MS | Views : 8824 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

Jacobs Neurological Institute

I know their study has been covered in parts of other topics. I wasn't sure where to put this, so I thought I'd start a new one. I finally got confirmation and my dates are set for September. The one thing I was told that's a bit different from what others have said is that I will get a written report of my doppler and MRI results a week or so later. I wasn't expecting ...
Read more : Jacobs Neurological Institute | Views : 2358 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Shelf life liquid LDN?

Hello all,

just wondering what the consensus was regarding shelflife (in refrigerator) for liquid LDN? I have been on original prescription for 6 weeks & it doesn't seem to be working much anymore :roll:

I originally started at 1.5 mg then went up to 2 mg a week ago with no differences good OR bad...

Thanks so much for any input!
Take care,
Karen
Read more : Shelf life liquid LDN? | Views : 3386 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

myoclonic Jerks or twitches.

Does anyone suffer from severe myoclonic jerks in their legs, arms, spine and face? What has worked best in treating them for you?
Read more : myoclonic Jerks or twitches. | Views : 1400 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Stopped Rebif

Well, I finally stopped taking my Rebif. I got increasingly frustrated with the injection site reactions. I have been relapse free for over two years, but I still have the daily crud we all deal with. Truth be told, however, I feel like my fatigue has been better since stopping the Rebif completely.

Today I will probably chastise a patient for stopping their medications early. Yes, even docs can be hypocrites ...
Read more : Stopped Rebif | Views : 9717 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Rebif

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239293 • Total topics 26107 • Total members 17381

Contact us | Terms of Service