It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:59 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

T-Cell vaccines

I know its a tovaxin forum, and i know its had a higher published success rate, but why is it that there are so many people excited about a phase IIb treatment (Tovaxin) over a similar treatment (in my understanding of the theorys) already in Phase 3 ??

If / Once it gets to market, I am sure they will improve its effectiveness to close to that of ...
Read more : T-Cell vaccines | Views : 4028 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

2nd Relapse in 3 months

I just wanted to run this by all of you. I am currently experiencing my second relapse in 3 months. The last relapse affected only my right leg and rear end (before that I had only had one symptom and that was the one that diagnosed me; Nystagmus of the right eye, June 2005). This new relapse is affecting the fingers and palms of both hands, my chest, abdomen and my back. It is not ...
Read more : 2nd Relapse in 3 months | Views : 6375 | Replies : 55 | Forum : General Discussion

High-throughput screening

There are many efforts under way to using high-throughput screening technology to assess existing drugs / compounds for potential use to treat MS.

Identifying Druglike Inhibitors of Myelin-Reactive T Cells by Phenotypic High-Throughput Screening of a Small-Molecule Library.

J Biomol Screen. 2007 May 3;
Rossi C, Padmanaban D, Ni J, Yeh LA, Glicksman MA, Waldner H.
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School.

Inflammatory T cells that are reactive to ...
Read more : High-throughput screening | Views : 1207 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Minocycline

Is anyone taking this daily right now? If so how are you doing?

Brock
Read more : Minocycline | Views : 1305 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Greetings...Please read

Hello everyone!
I feel so refreshed to have found this site. I was DX in Sep 2002 with RRMS which seems to have progressed quite rapidly. I have been on all the C.R.A.B. drugs and am currently on Tysabri. My symptoms have included Optic nueritis, Numbness and tingling in the legs and feet, loss of balance, speech and swallowing problems, hearing problems, loss of use of hands and fingers, memory and cognitive issues. Fortunately I ...
Read more : Greetings...Please read | Views : 1790 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Protein Power

The book, Protein Power by Michael Eades, M.D. and Mary Dan Eades, M.D., may be considered a "diet" book but, having re-read it now for the third time, I find it filled with much good general information--especially about hyperinsulinemia (my favorite subject, as you all know)!

I recommend it to you readers out there.
Read more : Protein Power | Views : 2803 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Reading Nook

alpha lipoic acid

Not really a lot of new info in this article, but it's always good to hear about ongoing research.

Lipoic Acid Explored As Anti-aging Compound

Science Daily — Researchers announced they have identified the mechanism of action of lipoic acid, a remarkable compound that in animal experiments appears to slow down the process of aging, improve blood flow, enhance immune function and perform many other functions.

The findings, discussed at the "Diet and Optimum Health" ...
Read more : alpha lipoic acid | Views : 1799 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

Has anyone heard of Stemplex?

Don't worry I am not a distributor. I was given this stuff by a friend who claimed wonderful things. It has some things in it I was already taking i.e. Blueberry extract, and Vitamin D. It also has some other things such as algae, green tea extract and? The point being, I feel better. In fact, better than I have since my diagnosis. I have been taking it for about 8 days and I wonder, ...
Read more : Has anyone heard of Stemplex? | Views : 11351 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Natural Approach

Why?

Why is ms so different in virtually everyone? To different ends of the spectrum someone can be bedridden and some go through life with with mild sensory problems. What is it that decides that someone can have severe attacks with little recovery and some with severe attacks that recover pretty much 100%? What causes some to start out with R&R and some just go right into SP or PP ms. What is inside us that ...
Read more : Why? | Views : 2441 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Glucosamine-Like Supplement Inhibits Multiple Sclerosis

Another mouse study that requires further investigation, but at least they're looking beyond the efficacy of a CRAB after ten years on patients that would be at the same point regardless.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=70952
Read more : Glucosamine-Like Supplement Inhibits Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 1627 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220860 • Total topics 22892 • Total members 14455

Contact us | Terms of Service