It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:19 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

effexor-xr//

i was proscribed effexor xr today for anxiety..was wondering it anyone had anything positive or negative to say about it? it does say at wipedia that you should take if you take drugs that it a cns depressant..i take avonex...anything that anybody knows about this would be great...thanks
Read more : effexor-xr// | Views : 1468 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

CDP323

Phase II has started and, interestingly, it is for sufferers for whom interferon has failed.

UCB and Biogen Idec's Oral VLA-4 Antagonist Enters Phase II Development for MS 26 June 2007

UCB and Biogen Idec today announced the initiation of a Phase II study of CDP323 - an oral VLA-4 antagonist - under development for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS). The double-blind, randomised Phase II study commenced this week with dosing of the first patient. ...
Read more : CDP323 | Views : 1130 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

ACTRIMS

ACTRIMS was only a one day event this year, but covered some interesting subjects. Here is a summary from the NMSS.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/P ... 007jun22_2
Read more : ACTRIMS | Views : 945 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

News on the Tovaxin Extension Trials

Opexa Therapeutics Reports Positive Top-line Data in Phase I/II Extension Trial with Tovaxin™ for Multiple Sclerosis
June 21, 2007 09:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time

<shortened url>

Effectiveness Shown in Relapsing Remitting Subjects Across Both Phase I/II Dose Escalation and Extension Trials

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, today announced positive top-line data in an open-label Phase I/II extension clinical trial of the investigational ...
Read more : News on the Tovaxin Extension Trials | Views : 2191 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Phase III, Dignan?

Hi Dignan et al,
I haven't posted or read for a long time...pls excuse any data that may need repeated here but could you off the top of your head update when the drugs currently in phase III might be available? You did did this for me last September and the info has been invaluable.

Lee
Read more : Phase III, Dignan? | Views : 2505 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Markov transitional model

Never heard of this before. Anyone?

Markov model predicts short-term disability in multiple sclerosis
Source: Reuters
Author:
Date: Fri, 22 June 2007

The findings published in the June 12th issue of Neurology support the novel use of a Markov transitional model in predicting the short-term disability in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).

The standard statistical methods of survival analysis used to create clinical predictive models do not include the ongoing changing nature of MS, Dr. ...
Read more : Markov transitional model | Views : 1004 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Walking Into Things

Hi all,

Just a little effort to try and laugh at something that would be easy to get upset about...since the MS, my peripheral vision hasn't been the same. So, when I'm not looking directly at something, I may miss out on something. Yesterday, after my first attempt at returning to exercise for awhile, something caught my eye while walking towards the exit of the club. I walked forward and reached my hand out to ...
Read more : Walking Into Things | Views : 2428 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

Hearts

Not MS, but there are so many bone-marrow stem cell treatments in trial (by bona fide clinics) that the turn of MS is coming (there are trials planned / possibly underway in the UK for MS).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6226054.stm
Read more : Hearts | Views : 1325 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Gene therapy for Parkinsons

Not MS, but another interesting research area which could be relevant in future.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 969240.ece
Read more : Gene therapy for Parkinsons | Views : 3187 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Autoimmunity theory

Step 1: find abstract on new autoimmune theory
Step 2: post on ThisIsMS
Step 3: sit back and watch fireworks.

Are multiple sclerosis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis autoimmune disorders of endogenous vasoactive neuropeptides?

Med Hypotheses. 2007 Jun 18;
Staines DR.
Gold Coast Public Health Unit, 10–12, Young Street, Southport 4215, Queensland, Australia.

Autoimmune dysfunction of endogenous vasoactive neuropeptides (VNs) such as vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP) has been postulated ...
Read more : Autoimmunity theory | Views : 1471 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221780 • Total topics 23030 • Total members 14553

Contact us | Terms of Service