It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:02 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

The problem with all the MS-pregnancy press

I need to rant! Too many people are reading about damn MS and pregnancy.

So now everyone thinks it goes away completely when you're pregnant and they're giving me a hard time when I'm feeling fatigued or weak.

I took a work-from-home day last week and my boss grilled me for it, claiming I shouldn't need those days now that I'm pregnant. This is my first one since getting pregnant.

EFF OFF! Pregnancy certainly seems ...
Read more : The problem with all the MS-pregnancy press | Views : 1092 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

immune molecules in the brain

I think maybe it is from an unexpected basic research finding like this that we will make significant progress in understanding MS.

Workhorse immune molecules lead secret lives in the brain

March 30, 2009 - Molecules assumed to be in the exclusive employ of the immune system have been caught moonlighting in the brain - with a job description apparently quite distinct from their role in immunity.

Carla Shatz, PhD, professor of neurobiology and of ...
Read more : immune molecules in the brain | Views : 1174 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS isn't all bad...

99.999999% bad, yes, but not ALL bad...lower cancer risk in people with MS was already known before this study, but more evidence is always nice...

Multiple sclerosis associated with lower cancer risk

March 30, 2009 - A new study shows that people with multiple sclerosis may be at a lower risk for cancer overall, but at a higher risk of developing certain types of cancer, such as brain tumors and bladder cancer. The study is ...
Read more : MS isn't all bad... | Views : 1293 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Pregnant Cat Cures MS!

Not really, but look out for that headline at a tabloid near you. Seriously, this article looks at importance of remyelination in pregnant cats with some kind of disorder. It highlights the importance of remyelination, which I've been wondering about since there seems to be demyelination and a neurodegenerative element to MS.

Study of cat diet leads to key nervous system repair discovery

March 30, 2009 - Scientists studying a mysterious neurological affliction in cats ...
Read more : Pregnant Cat Cures MS! | Views : 3098 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

budget supplies for MSrs

I would like to share with you a few resources that i use that are mail order & for those of us that do not have good mobility and home delivery is preferred. And have limited $$$

I purhase my mineral/vitamin etc. from www.swansonvitamins.com they offer deals and nodeal prices are great too. as an example check natural calm...more than 1/2 price.

For those that suffer from incontinence HDIS ...
Read more : budget supplies for MSrs | Views : 1017 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

PT Schedule

Mon AM- Water 45 min
Mon PM- Bowflex

Tues AM- Land gait training 45 min
Tues PM- Bowflex

Wed AM- Water 45 min
Wed PM- Bowflex

Thurs AM-Water 45min
Thurs PM- Bowlflex

Fri AM- Land gait training 45 min
Fri PM-Bowflex

This is my PT schedule until the 1st week of June. Remember, we are trying to have me walking without my cane for the 25 foot walk by June and by September maybe we ...
Read more : PT Schedule | Views : 2966 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

block option

Just curious is there an option here to block certain members?
Read more : block option | Views : 1192 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Support

50% Anger, 50% Denial

I'm a 41 year old female with a wonderfully supportive husband and teenage son. I was diagnosed in Jan of this year after being blindsided (pun intended) by ON. Yeah, I'd heard of MS (it was the one I always got mixed up with MD) but I didn't know the first thing about it.
In February (when I could finally read a paragraph in under 2 minutes), I found this forum and I thought "no, ...
Read more : 50% Anger, 50% Denial | Views : 1471 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Medicinal Marijuana

Hi there,

if anyone is looking for a supplier/grower of medicinal marijuana on the west coast of Canada, please contact me.

Look forward to chatting with you.
Read more : Medicinal Marijuana | Views : 1437 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Infusion #1

My first infusion was uneventful.

The next day I had a round of non stop crying for about an hour in the A. M. and my skin is a bit flushed. 8O

But, I feel fine. So much better than Rebif.

CF
Read more : Infusion #1 | Views : 1707 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236361 • Total topics 25610 • Total members 16915

Contact us | Terms of Service