It is currently Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:27 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Day 4 of my campath infusion!

I'm on day 4 and it's going MUCH better than expected. I was diagnosed in Sept 08 and started campath off-label Jan 5, 2009. Only minor side effect was hives, which goes away with benadryl, and other antihistimines. no major aches, pains other than some tiredness and aches day 1. Each day takes about 5 hours in the infusion area. I am very hopeful for the future and thrilled i was able to get infusions. ...
Read more : Day 4 of my campath infusion! | Views : 1840 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

tovaxin phase III

Hi,
I am an italian girl, i was diagnosed in 1999.
I would like to know when Tovaxin will end Phase II trial.
Does someone know if this drug will start phase III?
And when? Do you think there will be some centre in Europe starting phase III?
thank you for your reply!!
Read more : tovaxin phase III | Views : 5706 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Counterfit drugs flood into Britain

Health fears grow as fake drugs flood into Britain

Counterfeiting gangs based in China are producing sophisticated copies of the world's bestselling pharmaceuticals. In 2008 an estimated 8m of these potentially deadly pills found their way to NHS patients. The health of millions of people is at risk.

They were made in China, labelled in French and then shipped to Singapore. They ended up in Liverpool and from there were sold straight into the heart ...
Read more : Counterfit drugs flood into Britain | Views : 1087 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Combined Antibiotic Protocol for MS - Begin Here

There is a lot of info here, there and everywhere. I'm putting this post up as a very basic place to start. I realize that my TIMS thread is now so long, it's likely cumbersome for someone to follow if they just want to find a starting point. I simply want to cover what I think are the obvious things someone with no prior knowledge of the ABX protocol would want to know.

Has this ...
Read more : Combined Antibiotic Protocol for MS - Begin Here | Views : 7162 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

Fetal stem cell/Medra?

Has anyone heard anything about Medra? Apparently they are doing fetal stem cell therapy somewhere in the Caribbean. Yea, I know, sounds hokey.
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : Fetal stem cell/Medra? | Views : 1905 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Current Clinical Studies (US)

this is a list of current ms studies that are seeking volunteers.

Found 153 studies with search of: Open Studies | "Multiple Sclerosis"

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?r ... lerosis%22
Read more : Current Clinical Studies (US) | Views : 1640 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Cold worsening symptoms?

I know that heat makes my symptoms get worse and that hottubs are lethal but in the UK we are having a big cold snap and temperatures have been below freezing for days. I have noticed that the colder I am, especially if I am outside, the worse my symptoms get - my leg becomes very difficult to control, the dragging and dropping is severe and my walking becomes very spastic.

Is that normal?
Read more : Cold worsening symptoms? | Views : 1623 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Sleep Patterns

I am trying to sort out my sleep patterns and why they are erratic.
I think establishing a chart might help, but I am also curious about my vitamin levels and the relationship they have.

There are times I am completely exhausted and want to sleep yet after a certain time in the evening I am doomed to be awake all night. Currently, I am only taking gabapentin.

Please educate me on what vitamins and ...
Read more : Sleep Patterns | Views : 4770 | Replies : 30 | Forum : General Discussion

Campath research articles

First thing - happy New Year.

A belated Christmas present for Lyon and others.

Here is a link to Dr Alasdair Coles which give an overview of his work with Campath for MS. If you go down the page there is a section called Key publications. The first publication is the research article on the 3 year Phase II trial (CAMMS 223) - open the PDF file. Worth printing out as it is quite long ...
Read more : Campath research articles | Views : 1746 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

IVIG

Has anyone of you been treated with combination of interferons or glatiramer acetat with IVIG (intravenous immunoglobulin - once a month)?
Read more : IVIG | Views : 1480 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234240 • Total topics 25181 • Total members 16398

Contact us | Terms of Service