It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:26 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Clinical Trials

This database 'healogica' of clinical trials has just started to list MS trials:

https://www.healogica.com/search/

Maybe there's something there of use to you?

Seems like you can only narrow down search results by location if you happen to live in the US though.
Read more : Clinical Trials | Views : 1181 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Request a summarized explanation of stent procedure please

Hello.

I see there have been a lot of posts recently about using Stents to open up apparent blockage that may cause the damaging disease known as Multiple Sclerosis. It has been confusing reading these posts. And, I am having a hard time trying to discern personal opinions and actual objective thought.

I am wondering if someone in the "know" to be so kind to give a brief overview of the theory of this procedure ...
Read more : Request a summarized explanation of stent procedure please | Views : 1295 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

relapsing/relapsing & collateral vein formation

I know we think that the cyclical nature of early MS is due to the plasticity of the brain alone - recovering and finding new pathways to work around the lesions -

- but is it possible that an occlusion of the veins causes relapse, and the subsequent formation of collateral veins around the blockage permits a return to a more normal state?

-

Just a thought I woke up with today, no worries if ...

Is an MRV or CT really enough?

It really is a question. The wonderful Dr Dake has been performing MRV's (as well as dopplers and doing some poking about during the operation), however, reading Zamboni's papers, I read things that in my simple mind, may or may not show up on an MRV or a non-specific CT scan (by that I mean with no catheter injecting dye). I do not know.

From the paper presented at the Charing Cross conference:
Zamboni wrote:Histological examination ...
Read more : Is an MRV or CT really enough? | Views : 1693 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Vision...

What is it with the vision. Please tell me something I am not expecting to hear...
I have had decreasing vision, badly, for about three months. It comes and goes, but usually, it sucks, for reading that is. I usually have decreasing vision during "Brain Fog" sessoins. Then it gets better. Now, I always need cheater glasses to see the computer screen, much less read anything. I hate this sh!t..... ...
Read more : Vision... | Views : 4965 | Replies : 33 | Forum : General Discussion

is it just me?

or does TIMS feel more yucky these days than it used to?
Read more : is it just me? | Views : 6242 | Replies : 38 | Forum : Daily Life

Change in lymphocyte gene expression induced by Campath-1H

Change in lymphocyte gene expression induced by Campath-1H treatment of multiple sclerosis
J.A. Somerfield, J.L. Jones, V.H. Robertson, D.A.S. Compston, A.J. Coles (Cambridge, UK)

Objectives: Campath-1H, a humanised monoclonal antibody to CD52, causes profound lymphopenia. It significantly reduces the relapse rate of multiple sclerosis and, intriguingly, results in reduced EDSS scores at 36months. This study aims to identify changes in peripheral lymphocyte gene expression associated with this improvement in disability after Campath-1H treatment.
Methods: Blood ...

My First dose experience

Well I have tryed avonex which left me in the restroom sick about 4 days out of each week and never relented, and copaxone which left huge welts no matter how i prepped they even brought a home health nurse to give me an injection once because the doctor though I was not prepping the area properly (I am an EX military Med Tech/Paramedic btw) and I still ended up with a 3/4 of an ...
Read more : My First dose experience | Views : 2732 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

dizzy a week after?

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this...

I usually get dizzy the day of and the day after my IV

But today (1 week later) I'm dizzy every couple of minutes. Just little waves... lasting at most 5 seconds... but it's really annoying.
Read more : dizzy a week after? | Views : 1580 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

This is freakin' amazing

Read more : This is freakin' amazing | Views : 2141 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241198 • Total topics 26394 • Total members 17568

Contact us | Terms of Service