It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

How to Understand Remission in CCSVI

One issue that people and doctors have alluded to in the CCSVI discussion as a proof that MS cannot be vascular , is the relapsing/remitting nature of MS. How can we understand exacerbations, flares and remission within this paradigm?

I wanted to start a thread to try and ferret out some research to understand this facet of MS.

This first post is just some rambling thoughts...but we'll get the science going.

One thing that I ...

Ginger eases chemotherapy nausea

This might give some help for HDC patience...
http://www.physorg.com/news161544273.html

--Frank
Read more : Ginger eases chemotherapy nausea | Views : 1775 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

MRI Strengths

I have heard of the recent tests with 5Tesla MRI's, however, today I was searching for places locally that specifically perform MRV's, and stumbled across the following.

University of Sydney
Brain & Mind Research Institute
· Research Cyclotron
· MicroPET
· MicroSPECT
· Beta Microscope
· Imaging Suite/Integrated Laboratory
o Medicinal Chem Lab
o Pharmacology/Bio-distribution
o Radiochemistry lab
o Animal Imaging suite microPET/microSPECT
o Separate animal rooms for rats and mice
· 8.5T MRI whole ...
Read more : MRI Strengths | Views : 1075 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

IPOP/HIPOP Post-chemo update

So, just an update.

I went to IPOP on Monday and Tuesday. My counts were still good (white counts and neuts in the 5000 range). Had off on Wednesday. Went in today (Thursday) and my counts are in the 2200 range. Everything else looks good. They removed the two little stitches.

I'm off from IPOP tomorrow (Friday)....and if on Saturday my counts are good (meaning I don't need any transfusions or anything), I will again ...
Read more : IPOP/HIPOP Post-chemo update | Views : 2177 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Exercise and MS

Read more : Exercise and MS | Views : 3239 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

Mailbox size

I just noticed the following message:

"Your Savebox is 116% full"

Should I be concerned about losing my history?
Read more : Mailbox size | Views : 1426 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Support

has anyone had one of these??

I am seriously thinking of heading to Germany to give it a try. Any advice from anyone?? this is the type where you don't receive all the chemotherapy and is all completed within a week.
Read more : has anyone had one of these?? | Views : 2756 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Stem Cells

Dawson's finger

Hi all.

I was reviewing my older MRIs. I can now understand why my diagnosis was that straight forward. All my brain lesions are either at the edges of the ventricles or around the veins of the periphery of the brain. Pretty interesting finding since this is a very typical "Dawson's finger" image, with lesions being not circular but expanded around the axis of the vein.

How many of you have such a brain condition? ...
Read more : Dawson's finger | Views : 4592 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

First Post - Lots of questions :) Solumedrol?

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, just joined today and i'm really hoping i could ask some questions?

I'm in the process of seeing a neuro because of numbness on my left side, now more recently diagnosed with a case of optic neuritis by an ophthalmologist.

So, i've had the MRI done...but i'm still waiting to hear back from that. My regular doctor is pretty much convinced it is MS.

When my ophthalmologist ...
Read more : First Post - Lots of questions :) Solumedrol? | Views : 1333 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Telling your Friends?

I have only been diagnosed with MS for about 6 months but I'm only 15 so it feels like much longer. I have told only a select group of friends and my family. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with whether or not I should make the fact that I have MS common knowledge or if I should just keep it to myself..
Would really appreciate replies x
Read more : Telling your Friends? | Views : 5334 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Under 25 with MS

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238208 • Total topics 25909 • Total members 17168

Contact us | Terms of Service