It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:13 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

slightly funny call centers actual calls!

Actual call center conversations!

Customer: 'I've been calling 700-1000 for two days and can't get through; can you help?'
Operator: 'Where did you get that number, sir?'
Customer: 'It's on the door of your business.'
Operator: 'Sir, those are the hours that we are open.'
Samsung Electronics
Caller: 'Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?'
Operator: 'I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about.'
Caller: 'On page ...
Read more : slightly funny call centers actual calls! | Views : 1620 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Started Cytoxan Today

First of six infusions to be given once per month. So far, no adverse effects whatsoever. Hopefully that will continue and I'll actually see some benefits.

Anyone else on here tried Cytoxan other than the Revimmune crew?

Read more : Started Cytoxan Today | Views : 1328 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Another target

Another day another target. I think minocycline has an effect on MMPs. ... 4&w=464753
Read more : Another target | Views : 1346 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi from Las Vegas

:D Hi Everyone,

My name is Cherie, I'm 54, married, 3 children, 3 grandchildren, & 2 adorable blk/wht Shih Tzu's.

I was diagnosed with MS in 1994, but doctors say you can easily tack on another 10 yrs to that diagnosis. Initially I was given the RRMS diagnosis, but that changed in 1999 to WRRMS.

I have been on a handful of therapies, Avonex, Betaseron, Copaxone, ...
Read more : Hi from Las Vegas | Views : 1552 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

New here from IA

8O I just found this link from a posting on Patients Like Me site. I was looking into LDN. I am on Copaxone now. I was officially diagnosed oct 06. Suspected in 1989. I feel Ihave had it since a kid. Looking back. Just was told I was a hypocondriac and no dr ever did all the testing required. My Eye dr is the one who found ...
Read more : New here from IA | Views : 1244 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Remyelination in mice

Lucky mice, maybe one day we can be like the mice...

Remyelination after chronic spinal cord injury is associated with proliferation of endogenous adult progenitor cells after systemic administration of guanosine.

Purinergic Signal. 2008 Mar;4(1):61-71. Epub 2008 Jan 8.
Jiang S, Ballerini P, Buccella S, Giuliani P, Jiang C, Huang X, Rathbone MP.
Department of Surgery (Neurosurgery, Neurobiology), McMaster University, Health Sciences Centre, 4E15, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3Z5, Canada, ...
Read more : Remyelination in mice | Views : 1020 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Cat hilarity!

I have a pair of cats and one of mine is very obviously represented in the following - it is hilarious!
Read more : Cat hilarity! | Views : 2025 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Humor

are abx used only for progressive MS or also RRMS?

I've seen more references to the use of antibiotics for progressive MS and was wondering if this is a treatment that is also used for RRMS?
Read more : are abx used only for progressive MS or also RRMS? | Views : 6844 | Replies : 31 | Forum : Antibiotics

10 Deadliest Drugs

Here we go again! See no. 8 listed in this article...Avonex, Betaseron and Rebif. What does this mean? That if you don't keep up with your labs that it could cause irreversable liver damage? This article doesn't really explain why it is on the 10 Deadliest Drugs list.

Thanks! :(
Read more : 10 Deadliest Drugs | Views : 1648 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Question: relapse after infection

Hi guys

I have noticed a number of members mentioning a relapse following an infection - such as tummy bug, 'flu etc.
My question is, in general, how long does it normally take between the illness and the relapse? Does the relapse occur weeks after the illness has resolved, or within a few days? Can it happen just after the illness starts, while you are still sick?
I haven't paid a lot of attention previously ...
Read more : Question: relapse after infection | Views : 1905 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227724 • Total topics 24056 • Total members 15405

Contact us | Terms of Service