It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:24 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Dumb Blonde Joke

A redhead tells her blonde sister she slept with a brazillian man.
The blonde says: OMG! You S**T! How many is a brazillian?
Read more : Dumb Blonde Joke | Views : 1736 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

Being with a loved one at Stanford

From Loobie's Mom...

Wow, what an amazing, heart-rending, hopeful, informative, exhausting week. I don't even know where to begin! I'll start with how to be of help. Once we got to Lew's first appt. (we were so lucky to have a friend who knew where our destination was!)' I had some time while he was going through his initial tests. I remember someone saying how many long halls there were to navigate. So I took ...

Advice on Getting GP Support?

Hi All,

I've been reading here for a while, downloading the articles, reading my old MRV/MRI reports, dusting off the anatomy books, and having lots of ah-ha moments.

I have been phone tagging with Dr. Dake for a while. Saw my Neuro last week -- she supports this for me as I have atypical MS and known cerebral venous issues from brain surgery last fall. My N wasn't familiar with CCSVI but took the main ...
Read more : Advice on Getting GP Support? | Views : 1867 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Beta-Interferon and wanted posters

There is always a lot of ho-hum research about beta interferon, but this I find interesting:

The right messenger for a healthy immune response

July 20, 2009 - Researchers from the Molecular Immunology group at the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) in Braunschweig, Germany have now shown that Beta-Interferon also plays a crucial role during an immune response: without Beta-Interferon immune cells are unable to show "wanted posters" of pathogens to other cells. As ...
Read more : Beta-Interferon and wanted posters | Views : 1654 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Pic of me and the team

I did this once before, so I know I can do it again. If not, please forgive all the editing as I try to bring this image from Photobucket! Anyway, here is Alex, me, Dr. Dake, and Angela.

Ok Shannon, the blond had on heels, so no short jokes :lol:
Read more : Pic of me and the team | Views : 1762 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

GP on board...

:)
Read more : GP on board... | Views : 1866 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Read more : 123 | Views : 1804 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Dear Dr. Dake...please can you take Melissa's stents out?

She's got far too much energy and I haven't got it in me to keep up with her.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday I went to bed first and was up second!

It's amazing how much you get used to the other person (the MS'er) becoming almost like a ghost in the house.

Mel was usually either at work or asleep with a few hour bursts of life every now and then, that pretty much left me ...

pluripotent stem cells from hair follicles

apologies if it's been posted before, the article's a month old, but it makes good reading I think. It's difficult being vegan and reading about a mouse's sciatic nerve being effectively repaired. Axons encouraged to regrow, myelin formed. But there it is.
<shortened url>

I was just sent this too, although it has nothing to do with illness:
http://yellow-reporter.livejournal.com/ ... 0#t4888660
отличная идея!
Read more : pluripotent stem cells from hair follicles | Views : 1429 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240147 • Total topics 26237 • Total members 17480

Contact us | Terms of Service