It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:56 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Calcium inhibiting ABX and other drugs

Hi,

I recently came across some articles like this one:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/calcium-000945.htm

How do you think about the relevance of the inhibiting effect of Calcium on drugs? Does anyone know what evidence is on the basis of this assertion - in vitro model, animal studies, human trials?

Thanks
--Frank
Read more : Calcium inhibiting ABX and other drugs | Views : 2189 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Antibiotics

Hi I'm new here, neuro made me feel stupid + quick question

Hi all, just a little bit about me first, I'm 41 and have suffered many ms symptoms at different times over the last 15 years. I am not dx with ms but myself and gp are concerned that it could be a very real option.Since the 23rd December i've had optical neuritis for tha third time, this time with facial weakness, tingling sensations, electrical sensations, numb fingers, dizzyness/vertigo very emotional, crying without reason, everything seems ...
Read more : Hi I'm new here, neuro made me feel stupid + quick question | Views : 1980 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Introductions

Neuro Psych Eval

Has anyone here had a neuro psych evaluation? If so, can you please tell me how long the test took and who (what type of doctor) performed the test?

The SS disability judge in my case sent me for a consultative neuro psych eval at my request. I went to the appointment. The doctor who performed the test was a psychologist. This appointment lasted two hours and basically included your average run of the mill ...
Read more : Neuro Psych Eval | Views : 1388 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

LDN Info Help!!!!!!!!!!

I need help with LDN information for my SS Disability appeal. This is my second appeal before the Federal appeal's council. I was found to be disabled, but they did not include the previous four years, the actual date of onset, so I am appealing the denial of those past four years or the alleged onset date Mentioned numerous times in the decision is the fact that I don't take any of the MS approved ...
Read more : LDN Info Help!!!!!!!!!! | Views : 2976 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

3rd anniversary of ms

i was just looking through some files and found these interesting pre-dx messages to my neuro. it's funny and sad. wish i could go back and talk to that girl, she's in full on terrified denial that this could be anything other than the usual b12 problem. she still hasn't realized that there is not going to be any flight to australia happening on feb 2. what a difference 3 years makes!

2006 01 27 ...
Read more : 3rd anniversary of ms | Views : 1600 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Leg Swelling

In the last month we noticed that my husband's right leg is swelling from the foot to the top of the leg. It is one to two inches bigger than the left leg. PCP doctor sent him for doplar which showed no blood clot and gave him lasik (sp?) which he could not take (can't get to the bathroom in time). MS nurse at infusion center said something about "nerve endings are not working properly; ...
Read more : Leg Swelling | Views : 7779 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Day 4 of my campath infusion!

I'm on day 4 and it's going MUCH better than expected. I was diagnosed in Sept 08 and started campath off-label Jan 5, 2009. Only minor side effect was hives, which goes away with benadryl, and other antihistimines. no major aches, pains other than some tiredness and aches day 1. Each day takes about 5 hours in the infusion area. I am very hopeful for the future and thrilled i was able to get infusions. ...
Read more : Day 4 of my campath infusion! | Views : 1842 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

tovaxin phase III

Hi,
I am an italian girl, i was diagnosed in 1999.
I would like to know when Tovaxin will end Phase II trial.
Does someone know if this drug will start phase III?
And when? Do you think there will be some centre in Europe starting phase III?
thank you for your reply!!
Read more : tovaxin phase III | Views : 5711 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Counterfit drugs flood into Britain

Health fears grow as fake drugs flood into Britain

Counterfeiting gangs based in China are producing sophisticated copies of the world's bestselling pharmaceuticals. In 2008 an estimated 8m of these potentially deadly pills found their way to NHS patients. The health of millions of people is at risk.

They were made in China, labelled in French and then shipped to Singapore. They ended up in Liverpool and from there were sold straight into the heart ...
Read more : Counterfit drugs flood into Britain | Views : 1088 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Combined Antibiotic Protocol for MS - Begin Here

There is a lot of info here, there and everywhere. I'm putting this post up as a very basic place to start. I realize that my TIMS thread is now so long, it's likely cumbersome for someone to follow if they just want to find a starting point. I simply want to cover what I think are the obvious things someone with no prior knowledge of the ABX protocol would want to know.

Has this ...
Read more : Combined Antibiotic Protocol for MS - Begin Here | Views : 7170 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234318 • Total topics 25197 • Total members 16413

Contact us | Terms of Service