It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:09 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

vaccinations and interferons

Hi there

I could not find any info on this on the Avonex site, but maybe someone else could shed some light?

My Oncologist (I had cancer 10 yrs ago and stiill go for regular checks) is something of an expert on interferons in general as it is commonly used for the treatment of certain cancers. She told me that I could not have any vaccinations whilst on interferon, or for 3 months after stopping ...
Read more : vaccinations and interferons | Views : 1976 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Avonex

Mum's becoming very demanding - I'm exhausted!

My mother has had MS for as long as I can remember, but her condition only got bad over the last 3 years. She now needs a mental frame to get around the house and basically has a hard time doing anything. My husband and I and our 1 year old son live with her so I can look after the household chores and cooking, but it's really taking it's toll on me. Since my ...
Read more : Mum's becoming very demanding - I'm exhausted! | Views : 4777 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Friends and Family

Primary Progressive and disease -modifying drugs ???

Is there anyone on this forum whose primary progressive disease is being treated with Copaxone, novantrone or a high dose interferon? There are some sporadic studies of support out there with at best partial success.
How about anyone on potential oral meds for PPMS?

I am five months into CAP and six weeks into fumaric acid (BG-12). I have had slow progressive disease for 5 years with finally a confirmed diagnosis last December. My lesions ...
Read more : Primary Progressive and disease -modifying drugs ??? | Views : 2460 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Regimens

Anyone taking Rituxan?

Just moved north and my new neurologist, who seems like a sharp fellow, was telling me very hopeful things about Genentech's Rituxan. Anyone taking this cancer drug to treat their MS? I've been on Tysabri for 9 or 10 infusions and, unlike those who have benefited from it, feel I've gone downhill rather significantly. Think I might switch drugs...
Read more : Anyone taking Rituxan? | Views : 1187 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

insulin

Interesting...

Reducing insulin signaling in the brain can prolong lifespan

July 19, 2007 -- One route to a long and healthy life may be establishing the right balance in insulin signaling between the brain and the rest of the body, according to new research from Children's Hospital Boston. The study, published in the July 20 issue of Science, not only reinforces the value of exercising and eating in moderation, but also helps explain a paradox ...
Read more : insulin | Views : 1352 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

new brain scanner

We need better brain scanning technology, so I'm happy about this:

A Better Brain Scanner

New brain scanners promise to deliver images of higher resolution than any now available from a commercial instrument. By using multiple sensors placed close to the head, the device can generate accurate images in less time, which could ultimately aid in the diagnosis of diseases such as Alzheimer's and epilepsy. Medical imaging giant Siemens is developing a commercial version of ...
Read more : new brain scanner | Views : 917 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Sativex in Europe

Somewhat bad news...

GW plunges as cannabis drug delayed in Europe

July 20, 2007 -- Reuters -- Britain's GW Pharmaceuticals announced a new delay for its pioneering cannabis-based medicine on Friday, saying European drug regulators had requested a further clinical study as a condition for approval.

Shares in GW, which has dispensation from the British government to use cannabis for medical research, plunged around a third in value as Chief Executive Justin Gover said the ...
Read more : Sativex in Europe | Views : 2398 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Sativex

I just began my Tysa treatment

Dear all,
I started taking Tysabri on Monday 16.07.
I have not had any side effects, except feeling quite exhausted in the afternoon: i slept two hours.
Otherwise, I do not yet feel any improvements in my symptom: hobbling after walking 15 minutes or less.
I am a bit frustrated, since steroids' infusions have a much quicker effect on this symptom.
Also my body does not give me any sign, postive or negative, that it ...
Read more : I just began my Tysa treatment | Views : 4117 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Israel Center for MS treatment

Hi I've been hearing that a lot of people with MS have been having treatment in Israel (the same as the one they were having in Holland but with more success). Does anyone have any information about this? (experience, phone numbers, web address, etc)
Read more : Israel Center for MS treatment | Views : 1875 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Hey everyone!

Hi. My name is CK and MS runs in my family. My mom's cousin died about 4 years ago after a long struggle with the disorder. I'm an advocate for stem cell research for this disorder and others... my mom's diabetic too. Just though I would introduce myself!
Read more : Hey everyone! | Views : 1411 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222264 • Total topics 23085 • Total members 14614

Contact us | Terms of Service