It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:47 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Minocycline + interferon?

Anyone have any thoughts on the (theoretical) cumulative efficacy of combining minocycline and interferon? I found one study suggesting that the combination increases efficacy in EAE, but EAE is such a poor model of MS.

I'm particularly cautious given the recent study showing that combining statins with interferon significantly reduced the efficacy of both medications, with fairly poor results. On the other hand, I'd like to add minocycline, given that I think it probably offers ...
Read more : Minocycline + interferon? | Views : 1619 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Nanotechnology and spinal cord repair

I found the link to this article on "ms news" submitted by art. I very much like the fact that it contains plenty of healthy caution, even though the subject matter could be very exciting indeed. Nanotechnology has already cropped up once or twice with regard to MS, and this approach of combining it with standard medicine seems to hold promise.
The subject of scar tissue is one which is very important to me since ...
Read more : Nanotechnology and spinal cord repair | Views : 923 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Greetings from Europe and waiting for tovaxin to start there

Hi everybody and congratulations for this very interesting forum.

I'm french and my girlfriend was recently diagnosed with MS. (we're both 22) My whole world was crushed away in two weeks as many of our life projects were questioned because of MS.

I started searching the Internet all I could find about the disease, especially treatments, and I eventually heard about Tovaxin, which seems to me very promising. Unfortunately, we're french and there's no tovaxin ...
Read more : Greetings from Europe and waiting for tovaxin to start there | Views : 2641 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

I am new to this forum

My name is Carrie. After 3-1/2 years on 3 mg of LDN, which I began taking right after being diagnosed with MS, I had a serious relapse. My new doctor is a top MS neurologist. He treated me with steroids and I'm now taking Gabapentin for pain and spasticity. I'm feeling a lot better.

Here's my question. I'm seeing the neuro again at the end of June. He wants to put me on one of ...
Read more : I am new to this forum | Views : 1278 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

Q-Cells

Another one I haven't heard of before. Not sure of the clinical applicability, but interesting to say the least:

http://www.genengnews.com/news/bnitem.aspx?name=17788413
Read more : Q-Cells | Views : 1261 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

RTL1000

I am not sure if anyone has posted on this Phase 1 drug or not:

http://portland.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2007/05/21/daily6.html
Read more : RTL1000 | Views : 1276 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula--USA

Hi my name is Tammy, I am 32 years old with Relapsing Remitting MS.
I had my first attack in 1999 and was not actually diagnosed until 2001. I will soon be starting Rebif injections as the disease has progressed. I take each day at a time. That is all you can do with this disease! My most aggravating symptoms are dizziness, drop foot, mood swings and cognitive problems to name a few! I wish ...
Read more : Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula--USA | Views : 1222 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

My Tovaxin Experience so far

Howdy all,

I have been watching what has been going on here at the Tovaxin forum with great interest but have remained silent on how things are going for me in the study. I received my third injection last Thursday so here is how things have gone for me.

I went in for my first treatment on March 23 and the whole deal was uneventful. As a side note, it was very important that the ...
Read more : My Tovaxin Experience so far | Views : 10037 | Replies : 59 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Probiotic and regulatory T-cells

This isn't directly about MS, but discovering that certain probiotics can influence the number of regulatory T-cells is a new twist, especially when you consider how often digestive dysregulation crops up with regard to auto-immune disease:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php

http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php
Public release date: 21-May-2007

Adriane.Hirsch-Klein@mslpr.com
212-468-4122
Manning ...
Read more : Probiotic and regulatory T-cells | Views : 1286 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Tracking a B-cell enzyme in living mice

Hello everyone,
We've talked before about where and how B cells mature from "naive" cells to "memory" cells, and how that process might be responsible for autoimmunity. During an infection, B cells migrate to the so-called Germinal centres where they divide rapidly. The enzyme AID causes random mutations at this point, presumably in the hope that this scattergun approach will stumble across the best defence. Unfortunately, any one of these random cells could have an ...
Read more : Tracking a B-cell enzyme in living mice | Views : 1044 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220990 • Total topics 22912 • Total members 14475

Contact us | Terms of Service