It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:37 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

My magnetic pillow and CCSVI - discard it?

I am watching CCSVI with HUGE hope - think it might be the 50% commonality to all MS'ers we were looking for - the other 50% I am guessing might be variable (EBV, CPn, etc). I am so excited about CCSVI.

Last night I just had a sudden thought - I have used a magnetic pillow for the last 8 years. It has small magnets - about a half an inch - sewn into a ...

cytoxan user with questions

Hello forum! I see a lot of posts about the hicy dosage and I don't believe that what I'm doing is considered that.

I initially started almost 5 months ago with a regimen of cytoxan once a month for six months along with steroids that would get my WBC down to 2. At the three month point I would start taking Copaxone.

I have yet gotten my WBC count down to 2 and am up ...
Read more : cytoxan user with questions | Views : 4451 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

The connection- Iron, hypoxia, and oligidendrocytes

When I first came on TIMS in 2007, there was a regular poster, twisted helix, whose posts always gave me plenty to chew on and lots of words to look up. He's not around as much anymore, and we miss him. MS keeps him down physically, but as you can tell from his "voice"...his brain and humor remain vibrant and engaged. He posted this in the general, because we all miss him and were trying ...

Video on drugs

Not much gets past this group, so I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been posted somewhere.

In the seven parts of this video, Dr Coles gives an overview on four current or emerging therapies for persons with multiple sclerosis (MS). These are Tysabri, Cladribine, Fingolimod and Alemtuzumab.

http://tinyurl.com/yaq7w9b
Read more : Video on drugs | Views : 1456 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Another question for Jimmylegs...sorry so long!!!

Hello..this is to Jimmylegs, the ultimate vitamin expert or to anyone else with a similar experience.

I will try to be as short and concise as possible.

I was diagnosed with MS in May. My fatigue and stomach issues continue to be an issue. I had an endoscopy in August with a preliminary diagnosis of autoimmune gastritis. Was then referred to the Univ. here locally to have another endoscopy with an ultrasound to get out ...
Read more : Another question for Jimmylegs...sorry so long!!! | Views : 3610 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Natural Approach

thirtysomething

I just returned home last night from Stanford last night and seeing the man. I asked what "number" I was, and he said that he thought that it was about 34 or 35. I thought that he had treated more people by now.

I had the procedure performed on Fri. Dr. Dake said that my case was somewhat atypical, and maybe because that's because he doesn't see that many PPMS patients. I was dx less ...
Read more : thirtysomething | Views : 2393 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

another flop

ZymoGenetics Partner Halts Multiple Sclerosis Trials After Drug Fails
Luke Timmerman 9/28/09

More bad news out of ZymoGenetics (NASDAQ: ZGEN) this morning. The Seattle-based biotech company disclosed in a regulatory filing today that its partner, Germany-based pharmaceutical giant Merck KGaA, has halted studies of their atacicept drug candidate for multiple sclerosis after concluding the drug’s benefit wasn’t worth the risk.

One trial showed that multiple sclerosis patients actually had more flare-ups and brain lesions when ...
Read more : another flop | Views : 1711 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Practical question on operation technique

I'm sorry if I have missed the explanation of this (and the laziness in not searching the net for angioplasty... :oops: ). Nonetheless, from what I understand, both the stenting or ballooning of veins using "key-hole" entry would require that the surgeon has a "view" as to the real-time placement / location of the stent or balloon.

My question is, is / has / was this done ...

What a wonderful trip!

Hi All!

We went to Stanford on Thursday. Mel had her MRV, MRI. No need for an ultrasound now apparently.

Blood work too.

Met with Dr. Dake, he was just back from Lisbon and is heading over to Liverpool (my home town) in October.

Mel's stents look great, the flow is good and she can stop all the drugs apart from a baby aspirin forever.

Mel still feels great, so much so when she had ...
Read more : What a wonderful trip! | Views : 9593 | Replies : 66 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

New Here

Hi All.
I am new to this site. Dx RRMS 2001 with more sx than I want to write about. Permanently disabled from my career.
I am very excited to learn about CCSVI and I have all of my paperwork into Dr. Dake.
Alex said my chart is on his desk so I am anxiously waiting for a call from him.
How long did most of you guys have to wait? I know he has ...
Read more : New Here | Views : 2046 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243392 • Total topics 26759 • Total members 17867

Contact us | Terms of Service