It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:33 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Tysabri May Be linked to Melanoma

<shortened url>

Doctors report 2 cases of the deadly skin cancer developing in patients taking Tysabri

By Amanda Gardner
Posted 2/6/08

WEDNESDAY, Feb. 6 (HealthDay News) -- Almost immediately after a 46-year-old woman with multiple sclerosis received her first dose of the drug Tysabri, a mole that had been on her shoulder for years suddenly took on a dangerous new character. It turned out to be a melanoma that spread like wildfire. The woman now ...
Read more : Tysabri May Be linked to Melanoma | Views : 6121 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Have sent my records to JH for HiCy

I want to agree with everyone who said the team at JH is incredible. I phoned Carrie Trecker, got phoned back by one of the doctors on the team, who spent more time reviewing my status/symptoms than my neurologist has in total over two years. His careful detail made me feel very positive about the treatment and I'm waiting for a cancellation on their schedule to fly out to JH for an full appointment.

I ...
Read more : Have sent my records to JH for HiCy | Views : 2544 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

To Loobie

Hey how are you doing on the Acetyl-Glucosamine? Send me a messege.

I recently added triple strength Glocusamine Chondroitin and Acetyl-Carnitine. I don't always take them together.

I've got an instinct about when and how much to take these things and it varies. I seem to be doing somewhat better with the alternating combo.
Read more : To Loobie | Views : 1097 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Question?

I was just wondering what is happening when one day out of the blue you just feel better. You can notice that you can lift your feet a little of the rug you can pull your knees up in bed you can stand a little longer your head feels clearer you just feel more human. This is with no drugs and no difference in the daily routine. This feeling then passes and it’s back to ...
Read more : Question? | Views : 3097 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Pregnant while taking MS meds????

:?: There is very little to no info on women that have become pregnant while taking MS meds (at least that I can find). I'm wondering if there is anyone that has and what if any problems did you have.

I was on Avonex for 7 weeks after becoming pregnant and though the baby appears to be healthy I'd like to prepare myself for the worst.

Any ...
Read more : Pregnant while taking MS meds???? | Views : 1325 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

researchers don't want to share!

This is the reason why the work at Accelerated Cure Project is so important! It is so annoying that researchers don't share their results! Although this article is about cancer the same applies to other diseases, including MS

January 22, 2008
Essay
Cancer Data? Sorry, Can’t Have It

By ANDREW VICKERS
Not long ago, I asked a respected cancer researcher if he could send me raw data from a trial he had recently published. He ...
Read more : researchers don't want to share! | Views : 3859 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Brain Bank

Researchers believe the MS Brain Bank, a new facility based at the University of Sydney for the collection of brain tissue, could significantly advance our understanding of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
http://www.usyd.edu.au/news/84.html?newsstoryid=2142

It has its own web site, but I couldn't find it.
Read more : MS Brain Bank | Views : 1364 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

The crucial role of calcium ion channels...

<shortened url>

"Since mast cells are also known to contribute to the progression of several other debilitating diseases, including multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer, an inhibitor of the CRAC channel could, in the future, help in slowing the progression of these diseases as well as alleviate disease symptoms."
Read more : The crucial role of calcium ion channels... | Views : 3216 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Difficult decisions

I've been on Rebif for 11 months now and I am done. I just can't do it anymore as the side effects are just too bad. I am missing a tonne of work, and I am beyond stressed about that on top of the constant sickness. I cry some mornings because I don't want to get out of bed. :(

I have my yearly appointment with my ...
Read more : Difficult decisions | Views : 4402 | Replies : 26 | Forum : General Discussion

about lab results

hi there, this is something i've mentioned before but i'm just putting it up on its own, mostly for newbies who might not have had as much experience with tests and so forth. i figured it out since my dx; i apologize if i'm stating the obvious to some! so here goes:

if you ever get your blood tested for anything and the result comes back as "normal", that is normal as in statistics normal, ...
Read more : about lab results | Views : 1201 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226757 • Total topics 23888 • Total members 15159

Contact us | Terms of Service