It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:13 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Rebooting Melissa

Phew. What a week.

I'm exhausted and it's only officially day two but on *MY* timeline it's day seven already.

I will be updating everyone daily on chris's site, but due to my tardy response to Chris's wife's email I'm a bit behind, I'm posting what I've got so far here on this site but will probably just post on Chris's site going forward - this is current ...
Read more : Rebooting Melissa | Views : 2455 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Has a doctor ever looked at.....

your tongue?
This was a first for Jeff the other day. The new holistic doc studied his tongue for awhile.
"Hmmmm.....", he said.
"That's interesting. You have a geographic or fissured tongue. It happens in about 15% of the population. Could be genetic, might be related to a virus. We'll have to look into that."

Not to be too navel-gazing, just wondering how many folks have ever had their tongues scrutinized. It used to be ...
Read more : Has a doctor ever looked at..... | Views : 2274 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

NMSS Ohio Valley 150K Bike Run

My brother is raising funds for the NMSS. He did it last year for the first time and raised $10,000 on his own. If you click on this link there is a picture of me with him (I know a bunch out here are starting to share pictures and here's one with me in and I didn't have to do the work to put it there).
I can only hope that everyone with this ...
Read more : NMSS Ohio Valley 150K Bike Run | Views : 1308 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

MS/TM/NMO/ADEM Scientific Conference for Patients

If you have any interest in seeing some scientific presentations on MS/TM/NMO/ADEM, meeting other patients, and hob-nobbing with researchers, then I highly recommend this symposium:

It's in Seattle July 16 - 19, 2008 and is a great opportunity to learn about these diseases, meet others who have them, and talk to the researchers who are working on them. I'll be there and would love it if you would introduce yourself if you see me.
Read more : MS/TM/NMO/ADEM Scientific Conference for Patients | Views : 1230 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Weird Bruising

I started Betaseron a month ago, and I feel sick all teh time. As my boyfrend put it, it seems like the syptoms from teh ms are going away yet I dont look like I am getting better.
you ever bump into something like a chair or table simply cause you didnt see it, well I did that and now i have instant bruise its not small either its welts out and is about 5 ...
Read more : Weird Bruising | Views : 1586 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

What has helped you with fatigue?

My worst symptom so far is the fatigue. What has helped you with your fatigue?

I have PPMS, a mild case, not yet affecting me physically (legs and arms) too much. The fatigue is kicking my behind.

What have you done to help with this?

All suggestions will be appreciated.
Read more : What has helped you with fatigue? | Views : 1688 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Little son - how do I minimise his risk?

my little son is 2 months old. To my shock I recently read that the tranmission rate to children of a parent with MS is 1 in 10 - whereas I had always read up until recently that it was 1 in 100. 1 in 10 is so high, I am a bit worried about his future. But I suppose he has a 9 in 10 chance of NOT having it.....

What things should ...
Read more : Little son - how do I minimise his risk? | Views : 1479 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Protocol changes?!?!?!

I'm telling you kids that sometimes I think Opexa has a secondary "mission" to confuse us into flares. No kidding!

I'm just about ready for that Visit 52/0 excitement a few of you have already done (May 1 for me). Those of us who have already gotten the paperwork should pretty much be able to swear that the second chunk looks a whole lot like the first chunk only with fewer MRIs.

Then comes this ...
Read more : Protocol changes?!?!?! | Views : 2495 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

tysabri worsening MS?

Hi, it' s my first time on this forum so hi everybody! I just received my tysabri infusion a few adys ago and I had some side effects the first few days - nausea, collosal headache, loss of appetite. Now most of the side effects have disspeared however, I have a very bad reaction - I already had trouble walking for 1,5 years though since a few days it is reall worse, my lower legs ...
Read more : tysabri worsening MS? | Views : 7413 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

What is known

What things are absolutely known to be true regarding the occurrence of MS?

I know:
More women than men
No gout
Higher incidence farther from the equator

What are the others?

Read more : What is known | Views : 2860 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228634 • Total topics 24190 • Total members 15483

Contact us | Terms of Service