It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:43 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Spinal vs brain lesions?

Has there been any discussion on if CCSVI is more related to brain lesions than spinal lesions (or VV)? I have no brain lesions, only two C-spine lesions.
Read more : Spinal vs brain lesions? | Views : 2002 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Cladribine

As I continue to hear of Cladribine's push towards approval, it occurred to me that I haven't really heard a lot of discussion here about it. Has anyone taken part in the trials? The data seems impressive to this point.
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : Cladribine | Views : 2119 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

I hope a doppler will be a good first step

I was at the vein doctor today, getting my spider veins done, when my husband's GP phoned to have her do an "echodoppler couleur de veine jugulaire interne et de la veine vertebrale" on my huband. She said after looking at that, the doctor (specialty:angéiologie, médecine vasculaire)could decide whether we should go ahead with the MRV....I hope this is a good first step, and the doctor also printed out the paper of Dr Zamboni first ...

Hello from the Caribbean

Good morning, I'm from New England and now live in the US virgin Islands, a terratory of the US. I came down here to escape the cold Nort East and live in paradise.There is not to many of us with MS down here.
Presently I'm using;
Copaxone
LDN
4AP
Vit D
alpha lipolic acid
fish oil
gingsing
and medical marijuana.

Most of my trouble is wih my left side and I use a cane occaisionally. ...
Read more : Hello from the Caribbean | Views : 1284 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

New to this site

Hi all,

I backed into this site thru Marc's Wheelchair Kamikaze site and am glad I did.

I've had ms for 12 years, diagnosed in 4 days with double vision, my only symptom ever. I was on copaxone for 8 1/2 years before I started having rumblings of ms symptoms and when nothing made them remit, I was classified as sp and went downhill very quickly.

I am now in a power chair, and have ...
Read more : New to this site | Views : 1291 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

cooling clothing - i was a skeptic but now....

Hi everyone!

So today was pretty much the return of summer here in Toronto (+30 C... I think that's like 90 F?) anyways.... long story short: My roomie and I haven't re-installed the A/C yet and I got home from work just sweatin' buckets and feeling pretty lousy. I'm going on a European trip at the end of July so i ordered some wrist wraps and a neck wrap to use while I'm there. So ...
Read more : cooling clothing - i was a skeptic but now.... | Views : 1408 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

what are the likely interventions?

Hi All -

I've been wondering about what the possibilities are for interventions if the MRV does show problems. I apologize if this information is detailed in one of the earlier threads, but I think when I was reading those I wasn't understanding things as well as I am now.

So Jeff and Marie had similar surgeries and stents, but it sounds like it could be, likely will be, different for others of us. We'll ...

white count 6600!!

OMG, the nurses couldn't believe it. WBC went from 730 to 6600.

And my neuts went from 29 yesterday to 3334 today!!

I could be gone from here early next week. Only need 3 days with counts over 1000. Today is day 1 of that.

But I will say this - I was in terrible pain last night, could barely walk - even had to call the on-call IPOP doc.... was a reaction to the ...
Read more : white count 6600!! | Views : 2806 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Nine Weeks Post Treatment-NC

I am nine weeks out of HiCy treatment (in NC) and just finished my third week of PT (going twice weekly). I wanted to check in with you veterans and see if where I'm at sounds "normal" to everyone.

I too experienced some issues with increased spasticity beginning about two weeks out of treatment. However, since I have a baclofen pump, it was fairly easy to rectify. The neurosurgeon simply increased the dosage over a ...
Read more : Nine Weeks Post Treatment-NC | Views : 2224 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Q for Jimmylegs... *Update

Jimmy, you're the first person I thought to ask :D .

What vitamin deficiencies could cause me to see spots in my peripheral?

I'm 5 months pregnant and haven't been so good at keeping up with my prenatal vitamins. For the past week I've been seeing sparkly gold dots off and on. My blood pressure is fine and so far my MS has been pretty dormant... ...
Read more : Q for Jimmylegs... *Update | Views : 3034 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238512 • Total topics 25974 • Total members 17239

Contact us | Terms of Service