It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:35 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Steroid Injections helps patients with blocked eye veins

Just stubled over this one today. Might this be an additional/alternative explanation for the mechanism of action of steroids in MS relapse?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 172636.htm

--Frank

a late observation

I wrote on robbie's post, that my husband is still on abx, but as we have not done the flagyl pulses that much, I haven't had much to say. Well, then I thought there is one improvement, which is that he can often get through the night without having to go to the bathroom. That is pretty important, because it means he can sleep (if he isn't stressed and his brain is keeping him awake!). ...
Read more : a late observation | Views : 1696 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

How much ??

I have been wondering how much does the procedure cost?
Read more : How much ?? | Views : 1464 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Normal or not normal - temp sensitivity in cheeks?

Need a reality check here. The situation:

Warm, humid climate, so I'm feeling hot, sticky. I go wash my face with cool water. And I just don't seem to feel the coolness on my cheeks. If the water splashes on my neck, or edges of my face, I feel it there. But not on my cheeks/center of face.

Normal? (Maybe cheeks just aren't all that temp-sensitive?)
Pre-menopause? (I'm new to this, hot flashes just started ...
Read more : Normal or not normal - temp sensitivity in cheeks? | Views : 1481 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

wow

i live in buffalo / i can t believe what i just saw / i guess i lkl get back 2 the zamboni deal at least it s a winner/ it sux 2 be a BILL S fan / STAY STRONG ALL :cry: :cry: :oops: ...
Read more : wow | Views : 1703 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

9.4 tesla MRI

They don't mention MS, but this more powerful MRI machine can't hurt...

World’s Most Powerful MRI for Humans Opens New Vistas in Diagnosis

September 14th, 2009 -- PhysOrg.com -- New images from the world's most powerful magnetic resonance imaging machine, the 9.4-Tesla MRI at the University of Illinois at Chicago, are opening radical new possibilities for the diagnosis and treatment of disease.

"We are using the 9.4-T to develop a toolbox that allows us to ...
Read more : 9.4 tesla MRI | Views : 1148 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Ribose

I'm curious what Jimmylegs and others up on supplements think of this

Try This Supplement for More Energy
Your body makes a special energy source all on its own. And you can get an extra boost of it from a supplement. The nutrient in question? Ribose.

This simple sugar has been known to invigorate some people who have diseases characterized by chronic fatigue. It’s not for everyone, but if you want to test it out, ...
Read more : Ribose | Views : 1736 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Natural Killer immune cells

Master Gene That Switches On Disease-fighting Cells Identified By Scientists
Posted by Naiomi Solomon | September 13th, 2009 at 4:50 pm |

The master gene that causes blood stem cells to turn into disease-fighting ‘Natural Killer’ (NK) immune cells has been identified by scientists, in a study published in Nature Immunology Setember 13. The discovery could one day help scientists boost the body’s production of these frontline tumour-killing cells, creating new ways to treat cancer. ...
Read more : Natural Killer immune cells | Views : 1376 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Not MSer, but wondering...

Hi, there,

My brother has RR MS. I have many symptoms (the usual: tingling, numbness, loss of strength and balance, cognitive issues) but I don't show any lesions. He has been diagnosed with celiac disease (as has 1/2 of our family) and I surely have it but stopped eating gluten so long ago and am so sensitive to it I can't get the blood test to confirm if I have the antibodies.

Since the neuro ...
Read more : Not MSer, but wondering... | Views : 1661 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

bad results for Tysabri

AS GRYTA

Two more cases of a rare brain infection have emerged in users of the multiple-sclerosis drug Tysabri, sold by Biogen Idec Inc. and Elan PLC, the first such incidences since Biogen stopped updating investors of the situation in July.

At that time, Biogen had confirmed 11 cases of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, or PML, since the drug's relaunch in July 2006; Tysabri was pulled from the U.S. market in 2005 because of PML concerns. ...
Read more : bad results for Tysabri | Views : 1708 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242861 • Total topics 26654 • Total members 17823

Contact us | Terms of Service