It is currently Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:39 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

r u sure

ok the whiner is back
since sept2 agony is my world
can 100mg doxy cause all this pain
Read more : r u sure | Views : 1863 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Industry / academia collaboration

Biogen and Johns Hopkins are collaborating. Seems a good idea (please don't mention to Harry Z)

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j11 ... 5&w=464753
Read more : Industry / academia collaboration | Views : 1425 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

New imaging

New imaging techniques can only be good news.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j11 ... 2&w=464753
Read more : New imaging | Views : 1154 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

I was wondering if we may be able to start....

a new topic under the title Revimmune, or close to it.

I'm on a list of 65 people, with more being added everyday to receive the treatment as soon as facility is found. There are quite a few of us who are very interested in the progress with this.

Thanks

Chris T. Young
www.chrishasms.com
Read more : I was wondering if we may be able to start.... | Views : 3299 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Suggestions

Suggestion on Sleep disorder as a symptom

I suggest and I’m begging you to create a site where the symptoms can be enumerated and possible diagnoses can be given. That would be a great help to both the patient and the doctor and your site will surely increase in popularity. I'm suffering from sleep deprivation eversince my accident last 6Sep03 which left me deaf and disabled (because I'm not able to balance probably because I’m deaf). I think a brain trauma resulted ...
Read more : Suggestion on Sleep disorder as a symptom | Views : 3523 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Suggestions

Hygiene hypothesis

Summary of an article from Science Direct. I thought at least Bob might be interested in it.

Hygiene hypothesis: Innate immunity, malaria and multiple sclerosis

Received 9 October 2006; accepted 10 October 2006. Available online 21 September 2007.

Summary

The establishment of new hygienic conditions plays a role in the appearance of autoimmunity in “westernalised” countries. Consistently, but still unconvincingly, several epidemiological and immunogenetic evidences link the disappearance of malaria with the increase of ...
Read more : Hygiene hypothesis | Views : 1031 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Optic Neuritis Help anyone....??

I know that I have seen this type of post before, but I wanted to put this out there again. My ON is really bad now and one of the worst symptoms I have lately. I have been wearing dark glasses inside because I am very light sensitive and it halps mask the vision defects from the ON. I am getting to the point where I will have serious problems going about my day if ...
Read more : Optic Neuritis Help anyone....?? | Views : 1804 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Site(s) that explain the theories? Myelin Damage?

I'm googling and searching sites and goggling more. I've used the JI search engine (a good one) and I'm not finding this.

Does anyone know where to find this?

I want to find a list of all the theories of how the myelin comes to be damaged. Obviously we don't know what does the damage, but what are the theories?

I'm specifically interested in how undamaged myelin that's sitting around in the brain minding it's ...
Read more : Site(s) that explain the theories? Myelin Damage? | Views : 1361 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Auto-injector

I have just taken my 8th Avonex pre-filled injection today, but today was my third with the auto-injector... Wow, it is truly amazing.

I was wondering if what I heard is true, that the auto injector is only available in Canada and Europe. Is this true? I figured the drug makers would make it available wherever the drug is sold, in order to make taking the drug easier. Hence keeping people on it longer.

I ...
Read more : Auto-injector | Views : 9175 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Avonex

cervical spine injuries

Dr. Erin Elster's study of parkinson's and ms patients showed 100% of them had c-spine (neck) injury and have some wonderful results with chiropractic (specific) www.erinelster.com well worth reading this site...Hello to all! katie
Read more : cervical spine injuries | Views : 4441 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Regimens

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 223852 • Total topics 23312 • Total members 14749

Contact us | Terms of Service