It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:01 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

what are the likely interventions?

Hi All -

I've been wondering about what the possibilities are for interventions if the MRV does show problems. I apologize if this information is detailed in one of the earlier threads, but I think when I was reading those I wasn't understanding things as well as I am now.

So Jeff and Marie had similar surgeries and stents, but it sounds like it could be, likely will be, different for others of us. We'll ...

white count 6600!!

OMG, the nurses couldn't believe it. WBC went from 730 to 6600.

And my neuts went from 29 yesterday to 3334 today!!

I could be gone from here early next week. Only need 3 days with counts over 1000. Today is day 1 of that.

But I will say this - I was in terrible pain last night, could barely walk - even had to call the on-call IPOP doc.... was a reaction to the ...
Read more : white count 6600!! | Views : 2808 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Nine Weeks Post Treatment-NC

I am nine weeks out of HiCy treatment (in NC) and just finished my third week of PT (going twice weekly). I wanted to check in with you veterans and see if where I'm at sounds "normal" to everyone.

I too experienced some issues with increased spasticity beginning about two weeks out of treatment. However, since I have a baclofen pump, it was fairly easy to rectify. The neurosurgeon simply increased the dosage over a ...
Read more : Nine Weeks Post Treatment-NC | Views : 2225 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Q for Jimmylegs... *Update

Jimmy, you're the first person I thought to ask :D .

What vitamin deficiencies could cause me to see spots in my peripheral?

I'm 5 months pregnant and haven't been so good at keeping up with my prenatal vitamins. For the past week I've been seeing sparkly gold dots off and on. My blood pressure is fine and so far my MS has been pretty dormant... ...
Read more : Q for Jimmylegs... *Update | Views : 3035 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Thyroid *Update*

Ack! Help!

My OB's nurse called me on Friday to tell me my TSH came back at 4.9 and I am scheduled to see an endocrinologist next week.

So of course I immediately went online to research levels and it looks like the normal standard for levels are all over the map, but 4.9 isn't high at all. I am confused - maybe it's just because I'm 5 mos pregnant and they want to keep ...
Read more : Thyroid *Update* | Views : 1579 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

coincidences?

Hey all, I've had a pretty strong interest in weird coincidences (or 'synchronicities,' for those who find some of them to be meaningful and not all 'mere') ... anyway, wouldnt think to bring it up on here but I just posted about how I found out I had MS as part of a strange coincidence with another person I never met, and thought it might be worthwhile here ... maybe it's my lesions that make ...
Read more : coincidences? | Views : 1724 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

nutritional type & anti inflammatory diet

I used to follow the swank diet but was told to try the nutritional type diet - I am a protein type (which interestingly agrees with my blood type though I was not asked). Now I eat protein but only organic - chicken, kangaroo, a little low fat lamb & progurt (made from organic full cream milk).

I also read about the lupus diet (which excludes anti inflammatories - wheat, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, capsicum,aubergine) legumes ...
Read more : nutritional type & anti inflammatory diet | Views : 2209 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Diet

Where to go from here ?

I have been a quiet observer of this forum for a while and have found it very helpful. Thank you all for your insights. My wife was diagnosed six years ago, and has tried all of the ABC's - no luck. She has progressed pretty rapidly. We began Tysabri three months ago. Her strenght seems to be improving, however I am noticing some very disturbing things. She is having a very hard time concentrating, she ...
Read more : Where to go from here ? | Views : 2119 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

white count 730 and rising

So my white count never got down to zero - but only to 110. My neutrophils did hit ZERO and stay there for 2 days. They are now at 29, while my wbc is 730. I'm on my way up..... successfully rebooting!

No complications as of yet, either.

Today was Day 3 of the growth hormone shots.

Thanks for all of your well wishes,

~Keri
Read more : white count 730 and rising | Views : 1983 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

This might be a dumb question, but ...

What about the role of water?

When I go to get my infusions they always have a hard time finding my veins. I know that I don't drink enough water (like, serioulsy, maybe 2-3 glasses per week) , but now I'm starting to wonder just how poor of a choice that has been.

No water + heat +stenosis = ????? (yikes!)

On that note, I'm going to go get a glass of pure H20 right ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238539 • Total topics 25979 • Total members 17242

Contact us | Terms of Service