It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:10 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

home goes to /index.html which doesnt seem to exist.

small possible site problem. When I click on the "Home" menu item on the right (for example, when I am in forums), it tries to take me to http://www.thisisms.com/index.html, which does not appear to exists. I get a "HTTP 404 Not Found" error in my browser.
Read more : home goes to /index.html which doesnt seem to exist. | Views : 2798 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Site Support

'Permanent Arrest' May be Temporary

I didn't know there was such a thing as "Permenant Arrest" but this seems to shoot that theory.
Bob

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/M ... is/tb/5076
Read more : 'Permanent Arrest' May be Temporary | Views : 1614 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells in the brain

Interesting discovery. It's nice that scientists keep discovering new ways that our brains repair and regenerate themselves during adulthood.

Brain creates 'new' nerve cells

Researchers have discovered a type of brain cell that continuously regenerates in humans.

A pool of "resting cells" migrate to create new nerve cells in the part of the brain which deals with smell.

The system has been shown in mice and rats but it was believed it did not exist ...
Read more : Stem cells in the brain | Views : 1646 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

Predicting atrophy

Hi all,

I keep hearing about 'underlying' or 'insidious' disease activity, which occurs continuously, (even in RRMS). In this editorial, they almost admit to being distracted by T1 and T2 lesions at the expense of awareness of total brain atrophy, but it seems that measuring volume and T2 load at diagnosis can predict later volume loss,

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=62916

Dom.
Read more : Predicting atrophy | Views : 982 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Tovaxin website

Opexa Therapeutics Launches Tovaxin(TM) Clinical Trial Website for Multiple Sclerosis 15 February 2007

Opexa Therapeutics, Inc, a company involved in the development and
commercialization of cell therapies, today announced that it has launched an information website for its Phase IIb study of Tovaxin(TM) ("TERMS" study) located at www.tovaxin.com The TERMS study is being conducted at 35 U.S. sites to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the investigational T-cell vaccine, ...
Read more : Tovaxin website | Views : 1740 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Let's discuss: The cat who could read backwards

This was a fine book and all the books that follow in the "The Cat Who Could..." series. Qwill, a reporter who befriends a cat who then helps him to catch the bad guys.

I'm a cat-person myself so I fully believe the story ;) Sometimes you get a better answer when you talk to a cat rather than talking to yourself.

Reading the story now gives ...
Read more : Let's discuss: The cat who could read backwards | Views : 2834 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Reading Nook

NEW TOVAXIN CLINICAL TRIAL SITE

I just got an alert on this and haven't even had a chance to check it out yet http://www.tovaxin.com/

Bob
Read more : NEW TOVAXIN CLINICAL TRIAL SITE | Views : 1565 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

GW finds partner to help with Sativex in US

Money seems to be what they need right now to move on with their clinical trial program, so this is good news I think.

GW Pharma signs partner for cannabis drug in U.S.

Feb 14 -- Reuters -- GW Pharmaceuticals has signed up Japan's Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co. to develop and market pioneering cannabis-based drug Sativex in the United States, the UK company said on Wednesday, boosting its shares.

GW, which has a dispensation from the ...
Read more : GW finds partner to help with Sativex in US | Views : 2001 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Sativex

Lipoic Acid Study

The Oregon Health & Science University is currently recruiting patients for a study looking at the effects of Lipoic Acid in MS.
Study of Anti-Oxidant in Multiple Sclerosis
IRB# 1305, Principal Investigator: Vijayshree Yadav, M.D.

The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center of Oregon at Oregon Health & Science University is looking for people with a confirmed diagnosis of MS to participate in a research study that will require several blood draws and saliva collection. The purpose ...
Read more : Lipoic Acid Study | Views : 1559 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Building a computer model of the cerebrum

Technology keeps charging along...

Building the Cortex in Silicon

Feb 12/07 -- MIT Technology Review -- Models of the brain built from specially designed computer chips could reveal the secrets of our cerebrum.

An ambitious project to model the cerebral cortex in silicon is under way at Stanford. The man-made brain could help scientists understand how the most recently evolved part of our brain performs its complex computational feats, allowing us to understand language, recognize ...
Read more : Building a computer model of the cerebrum | Views : 750 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218746 • Total topics 22546 • Total members 14192