It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:21 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula--USA

Hi my name is Tammy, I am 32 years old with Relapsing Remitting MS.
I had my first attack in 1999 and was not actually diagnosed until 2001. I will soon be starting Rebif injections as the disease has progressed. I take each day at a time. That is all you can do with this disease! My most aggravating symptoms are dizziness, drop foot, mood swings and cognitive problems to name a few! I wish ...
Read more : Hello from Michigan's Upper Peninsula--USA | Views : 1222 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

My Tovaxin Experience so far

Howdy all,

I have been watching what has been going on here at the Tovaxin forum with great interest but have remained silent on how things are going for me in the study. I received my third injection last Thursday so here is how things have gone for me.

I went in for my first treatment on March 23 and the whole deal was uneventful. As a side note, it was very important that the ...
Read more : My Tovaxin Experience so far | Views : 10040 | Replies : 59 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Probiotic and regulatory T-cells

This isn't directly about MS, but discovering that certain probiotics can influence the number of regulatory T-cells is a new twist, especially when you consider how often digestive dysregulation crops up with regard to auto-immune disease:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php

http://www.eurekalert.org/pubnews.php
Public release date: 21-May-2007

Adriane.Hirsch-Klein@mslpr.com
212-468-4122
Manning ...
Read more : Probiotic and regulatory T-cells | Views : 1288 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Tracking a B-cell enzyme in living mice

Hello everyone,
We've talked before about where and how B cells mature from "naive" cells to "memory" cells, and how that process might be responsible for autoimmunity. During an infection, B cells migrate to the so-called Germinal centres where they divide rapidly. The enzyme AID causes random mutations at this point, presumably in the hope that this scattergun approach will stumble across the best defence. Unfortunately, any one of these random cells could have an ...
Read more : Tracking a B-cell enzyme in living mice | Views : 1046 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

T-Cell vaccines

I know its a tovaxin forum, and i know its had a higher published success rate, but why is it that there are so many people excited about a phase IIb treatment (Tovaxin) over a similar treatment (in my understanding of the theorys) already in Phase 3 ??

If / Once it gets to market, I am sure they will improve its effectiveness to close to that of ...
Read more : T-Cell vaccines | Views : 4040 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

2nd Relapse in 3 months

I just wanted to run this by all of you. I am currently experiencing my second relapse in 3 months. The last relapse affected only my right leg and rear end (before that I had only had one symptom and that was the one that diagnosed me; Nystagmus of the right eye, June 2005). This new relapse is affecting the fingers and palms of both hands, my chest, abdomen and my back. It is not ...
Read more : 2nd Relapse in 3 months | Views : 6388 | Replies : 55 | Forum : General Discussion

High-throughput screening

There are many efforts under way to using high-throughput screening technology to assess existing drugs / compounds for potential use to treat MS.

Identifying Druglike Inhibitors of Myelin-Reactive T Cells by Phenotypic High-Throughput Screening of a Small-Molecule Library.

J Biomol Screen. 2007 May 3;
Rossi C, Padmanaban D, Ni J, Yeh LA, Glicksman MA, Waldner H.
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School.

Inflammatory T cells that are reactive to ...
Read more : High-throughput screening | Views : 1210 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Minocycline

Is anyone taking this daily right now? If so how are you doing?

Brock
Read more : Minocycline | Views : 1312 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Greetings...Please read

Hello everyone!
I feel so refreshed to have found this site. I was DX in Sep 2002 with RRMS which seems to have progressed quite rapidly. I have been on all the C.R.A.B. drugs and am currently on Tysabri. My symptoms have included Optic nueritis, Numbness and tingling in the legs and feet, loss of balance, speech and swallowing problems, hearing problems, loss of use of hands and fingers, memory and cognitive issues. Fortunately I ...
Read more : Greetings...Please read | Views : 1794 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Protein Power

The book, Protein Power by Michael Eades, M.D. and Mary Dan Eades, M.D., may be considered a "diet" book but, having re-read it now for the third time, I find it filled with much good general information--especially about hyperinsulinemia (my favorite subject, as you all know)!

I recommend it to you readers out there.
Read more : Protein Power | Views : 2806 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Reading Nook

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221009 • Total topics 22916 • Total members 14474

Contact us | Terms of Service