It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:03 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Lyme Disease Cases Double

Interesting article on the increase in LD. this disease has many of the same symptoms of MS as it can affect the central nervous system; however, it can also affect the joints and muscles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19229511/from/RS.3/
Read more : Lyme Disease Cases Double | Views : 1969 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Frontiers conference

Dear all,

The UK MS Society is holding its MS Frontiers research conference today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday). It draws in the world's top MS researchers. One of my neuros is chairing a session and is to report back to me any key news / findings etc. In due course the various presentations will be published on the Society's website. The programme looked very interesting covering a range of issues including stem cells.

Ian

Gordon ...
Read more : MS Frontiers conference | Views : 987 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

New DNA findings

Interesting step on the road to understanding the genome.

The Wider View from a Detailed Focus

Sanger Institute Press Release -- A major study of the organization and regulation of the human genome published today changes our concept of how our genome works. The integrated study is an exhaustive analysis of 1% of the genome that, for the first time, gives an extensive view of genetic activity alongside the cellular machinery that allows DNA to ...
Read more : New DNA findings | Views : 899 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

cnto1275

Hi,
I was involved in clinical trial on CNTO1275 (centocor) and I should have had final mri in April of this year, but the doctor said me about premature end of the trial. She didn´t say me the reason and I didn´t ask, because I had too much to solve with the doctor that time. So finally, does anybody know, where to find any results of this trial please? I wasn´t successful in finding it ...
Read more : cnto1275 | Views : 1711 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Anybody else on Firategrast?

I started on a clinical trial 28 May and was wondering if anybody else was taking it?
Read more : Anybody else on Firategrast? | Views : 14273 | Replies : 38 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hi everyone - just an intro & quick quuestion

Hi there

I am a bit new to the site, but have been reading all the great info for a while - hope you don't mind if I join in? This site seems to be a fantastic font of information, and I admit to my ignorance! I am fortunate enough to have a husband, and am enjoying raising our two little boys, and am still working full time as I have all my life, though ...
Read more : Hi everyone - just an intro & quick quuestion | Views : 1986 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Protein research

Prof Steinman is presenting at the MS Frontiers conference in London this week so may provide more detail on this research.

Stanford researchers clarify protein's role in multiple sclerosis 13 June 2007

A protein found primarily in the lens of the eye could be the critical "tipping point" in the spiral of inflammation and damage that occurs in multiple sclerosis, researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine report.
This protein - alphaB-crystallin - ...
Read more : Protein research | Views : 923 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Cladribine - one for Lyon

Lyon,

Now that you have ditched that dreadful shiny shirt and have signed up to the hair-transplant, I thought I'd reward you the research results you like to see.

<shortened url>

Ian
Read more : Cladribine - one for Lyon | Views : 1104 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Tovaxin News

Greetings,
This recent press release from Opexa suggests that they may be improving their methods of making the vaccine. Hopefully, this will increase the efficacy of the current vaccine and, in the future, help get people into the Phase III study more quickly once it begins.

NHE

Opexa Presents Tovaxin™ Research at Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies Annual Meeting
June 11, 2007 07:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a ...
Read more : Tovaxin News | Views : 1897 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Histamine research

Central histamine H3 receptor signaling negatively regulates susceptibility to autoimmune inflammatory disease of the CNS. 13 June 2007

Histamine (HA), a biogenic amine with a broad spectrum of activities in both physiological and pathological settings, plays a key regulatory role in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, the autoimmune model of multiple sclerosis. HA exerts its effect through four G protein-coupled receptors designated HA receptor H1, H2, H3, and H4.
We report here that, compared with wild-type ...
Read more : Histamine research | Views : 2721 | Replies : 20 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221673 • Total topics 23013 • Total members 14537

Contact us | Terms of Service