It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:45 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS and Sweating

One of the unusual and unexpected side effects of the stent procedure at Stanford - for both Jeff and Sharon- has been increased sweating. Jeff and Sharon were the most physically active MSers to receive stents (so far)...so it is hard to judge if the others will see this side effect. Marie...now that you're back to the elliptical, you working up a "glow"? :)

This reaction happened ...
Read more : MS and Sweating | Views : 5467 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

The simple things

It’s amazing how the simplest of things become a real challenge because of a wheel chair, I try and make things easier for myself by adjusting my surroundings to better accommodate a chair but there is always something always something that you try to do yourself but you end up having to ask for help. I have said this before but it’s not so much that I’m in a chair I can deal with that ...
Read more : The simple things | Views : 1554 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Daily Life

Grant system leads medical researchers to play it safe

a terrific article in the NY Times today. Specifically deals with cancer research, and why doctors who think "outside the box" are not funded-

“Scientists don’t like talking about it publicly,” because they worry that their remarks will be viewed as lashing out at the health institutes, which supports them, said Dr. Richard D. Klausner, a former director of the National Cancer Institute.
But, Dr. Klausner added: “There is no conversation that I have ever ...

mysterious symptoms

Hi,

I'm French boy of 29 years old. I’ve got ms and all this call me out because of my background.
When I was 18 (1998), I woke up one morning with very strong confusion and vertigo that made me vomit about ten times during morning. It happened two mornings, those two past nights, I was sleeping on the back with the head straight, looking at the ceiling. The doctor sent me to an ear ...
Read more : mysterious symptoms | Views : 1847 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

day five, was friday. today is sunday

went ok, other than i've now got a cold. yuck. so, do i have any immune system or what? nobody seemed to care that i was sick. i had the scary nurse... i woke up with mimi-a nurse that came right off the drew carey show staring down at me. and wow was she evil. i felt really feverish and yucky all day friday, and whatnot. yesterday was ok though. today seems ok. still sick ...
Read more : day five, was friday. today is sunday | Views : 1834 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Another Introduction.

Hi Everyone. My name is shannon. I'm 24 and I was diagnosed at the age of 21. I was in the USAF when i was diagnosed. my first symptom was both my feet went completely numb. I fell out of bed. So doing PT was out of the question. So the doctors would run test and find nothing wrong. A few months later I started up with migraines and loosing vision in my right eye ...
Read more : Another Introduction. | Views : 1444 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

A question about mast cells.

Hi, does any one know if there is any research into mast cell endocytosis in people with ms? I'm just curious is all.
Read more : A question about mast cells. | Views : 1561 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Seasonal Ulcers

Venous ulcers ahve a seasonal characteristic

HERE is our favorite researcher at it again....

Seasonal variation of onset of venous leg ulcers.
Marian Simka
EWMA Journal 2006; 6(2):23-24
ICID: 470065
Article type: Original article
IC™ Value: 2.00

Background. Many vascular pathologies exhibit circannual fluctuation, and perhaps are climate dependent. In Central and Western Europe, where four distinct seasons exist, vascular pathologies related to thrombosis have their peak of frequency during winter, while clinical symptoms associated ...
Read more : Seasonal Ulcers | Views : 1826 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Some Answers, More Questions

I really don't know where to begin. Let me start by listing my symptoms, most I have experienced off and on for years. This is a complete list of everything I deal with. Not a list of me matching up what may be MS related.

1. Numbness in Arm & Hand (started in April 09)
2. Blurred Vision (years)
3. Vertigo (years)
4. Heat Sensitivity (started in late teens. 26 now)
5. Trouble Sleeping (last ...
Read more : Some Answers, More Questions | Views : 7279 | Replies : 57 | Forum : General Discussion

new to the forum but had first set of infusions in april

just wondering how people felt two months post infusion, still feel the same symptoms havent decreased, just curious maybe im expecting too much too soon. dx 07/2007 thank you..

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239228 • Total topics 26096 • Total members 17370

Contact us | Terms of Service