It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:22 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Protocol changes?!?!?!

I'm telling you kids that sometimes I think Opexa has a secondary "mission" to confuse us into flares. No kidding!

I'm just about ready for that Visit 52/0 excitement a few of you have already done (May 1 for me). Those of us who have already gotten the paperwork should pretty much be able to swear that the second chunk looks a whole lot like the first chunk only with fewer MRIs.

Then comes this ...
Read more : Protocol changes?!?!?! | Views : 2495 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

tysabri worsening MS?

Hi, it' s my first time on this forum so hi everybody! I just received my tysabri infusion a few adys ago and I had some side effects the first few days - nausea, collosal headache, loss of appetite. Now most of the side effects have disspeared however, I have a very bad reaction - I already had trouble walking for 1,5 years though since a few days it is reall worse, my lower legs ...
Read more : tysabri worsening MS? | Views : 7413 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

What is known

What things are absolutely known to be true regarding the occurrence of MS?

I know:
More women than men
No gout
Higher incidence farther from the equator

What are the others?

Read more : What is known | Views : 2860 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Red Hair

Has anyone ever noticed how many people with MS have red hair? (I went on a freckles rant a while back, now I'm stuck on red hair)
In the general population, I read that 1-2% of people have red hair. I'm convinced that % is MUCH higher in those of us with MS. For those of you who do not have red hair, what about your parents, siblings, grandparents?
I can't find info on how ...
Read more : Red Hair | Views : 8925 | Replies : 76 | Forum : General Discussion

treating myself for Candida is helping my MS

I had been reading about 18 autistic children being treated for candida (or bad yeast) overgrowth and the results showed that 12 of the 18 were showing signs of recovery.

I have noticed strange odor from my poors, and I've told you all this before. I was thinking for a while that it was metabolic related, but read someone elses experience with this and she believed it was candida overgrowth.

I'm noticing huge improvements in ...
Read more : treating myself for Candida is helping my MS | Views : 3539 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Regimens

The Compound Vitamin

Here's the MS mix my nutritionist hooked me up with:

Thiamine HCI 300mg
Riboflavin HCI 100mg
Folic Acid 1000mcg
Vitamin C (Corn) 2000mg
Vitamin D3 1000 IU
Magnesium (Glycinate) 20% 360 mg
Zinc (Aspartate) Zn=20% 25mg
Copper (Histidinate) Cu=10% 4 mg
Manganese (Sulfate) Mn=32% 3 mg
Potassium Iodide I=0.7645 100mcg
Selenium (Methionate) Se=0.5% 400mcg
Citrus Bioflavonoids 100mg

I also take 1 tsp Omega 3, 1000mcg Methyl Vitamin B12 with Folic Acid (sublingual), 400 IU ...
Read more : The Compound Vitamin | Views : 2944 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Regimens

AHSCT follwoup over 6 years

26 Patients were followed over diffent periods of time (3-72month).
In the whole group only one new lesion has been seen on MRI.
In contrast 16 patients worsend (9 by >1 EDSS), 4 improved (1 by >1 EDSS).

Quite disappointing in my eyes...

--Frank ... 8L_P02.162
Read more : AHSCT follwoup over 6 years | Views : 2442 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MS Expo in Louisville, KY

I received a postcard in the mail announcing the first ever MS Expo in Louisville, KY on July 26, 2008 from 9am to 6pm. There is a website for more information and to register if you plan to attend. I am not endorsing this event just letting everyone know so that if you're in or around the area you may be interested in attending. I'm kicking around the idea of going.

Read more : MS Expo in Louisville, KY | Views : 1358 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Cladribine Phase-II results

The placebo controled phase-II trial treated 52 patients over 18 month.
Effects on relapses were significant, but no difference were seen regarding EDSS progression.

--Frank ... 8L_P02.160
Read more : Cladribine Phase-II results | Views : 1724 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

phase 2 trial to treat stroke

This is interesting to me because,
The twin objectives of the regimen are to stimulate the growth and differentiation of new neurons to replace the brain cells that were lost or damaged by the stroke, and importantly, to direct motor, visual and cognitive recovery after acute ischemic stroke.

Stem Cell Therapeutics Corp. Receives "May Proceed" From FDA for Its Phase IIb Clinical Stroke Trial and IND

Marketwire - April 23, 2008 - Stem Cell Therapeutics ...
Read more : phase 2 trial to treat stroke | Views : 1414 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228664 • Total topics 24193 • Total members 15487

Contact us | Terms of Service