It is currently Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS Journal Open Access thru 3/31

Hi all

Just discovered several "neuro" journals, including the journal "Multiple Sclerosis" have open access thru Tuesday....

Click here and you'll see a link to register for access if you haven't already registered.

Happy reading. :)

Sharon
Read more : MS Journal Open Access thru 3/31 | Views : 1272 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Maybe MS ?

Hi everyone.. Maybe someone can tell me if I am going out of my mind.

Everything started in 17 yrs ago with an Optic Neuritis, OMG having that is scary.. I lost vision and pain in the affected eye, to this day it is still blurry, and still have periphirical problems. I never recovered 100%. After that episode, i did not have any other symptoms, 4 yrs after, my eye started acting up again but ...
Read more : Maybe MS ? | Views : 1783 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from PA

Hi everyone. 42 and newly diagnosed with MS ( dec 08 ). Just started with Avonex injections yesterday. Still feeling very ignorant about the disease....but places like this help with the self-education :)

Anyways.... just wanted to say I appreciated the info provided here.... it helps take some of the mystery out of what to expect.

Peace
Read more : Hello from PA | Views : 1170 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

possible MS?

Hi everyone,

I joined this site to help figure out what is going on with my girlfriend.

she is now 31 and for the last 3 years (usually Nov-March, NEVER in the summer months), she gets extremely dizzy and tired. She says she can't stay awake and her limbs get heavy and "achy" - kind of like a growing pain. She also complains about not being able to recall words quick sometimes. She has headaches ...
Read more : possible MS? | Views : 3247 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

Rituxan patients

Are there any others out there with RRMS that have taken Rituxan? or is it just me? curious as to what others experiences have been.

Thanks in advance :)
Read more : Rituxan patients | Views : 3984 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

A new drug...

I hope this wasn't posted earlier. Dr. Warren is the Dr. that dx me. Ithought he was an ass cause I was crying and he finally got up, put his hand on my shoulder and said "you need to have a better attitude about this." I wanted to kick him. Hope I haven't wasted your time by possibly reposting...

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0901/062.html
Read more : A new drug... | Views : 2473 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Biogen and its rivals

This article describes a Phase III trial of a new formulation of Avonex taken every two or four weeks and comments on competition with Tysabri and some of the oral meds in trial. Looks like Cladribine and Fingolimod are still on track for FDA filing this year. Novartis releases its first quarter results on April 23, so there should be an update on Fingolimod then as well.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10477612 ... ivals.html ...
Read more : Biogen and its rivals | Views : 1534 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

First injection today : /

Hi everyone :) I'm newly diagnosed with MS and just did my first Avonex injection about 30 minutes ago. Was much easier than I had thought it would be.
It was only a 1/4 dose so I'm hoping initial reactions will be mild... guess I'll find out as the night goes on.

Anyway... just wanted to say hi.. and I'm glad there is a forum here for ...
Read more : First injection today : / | Views : 2655 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Avonex

Symptoms through the day

Hi

Don't know how you are but ..
I'm alway better in the morning than the afternoon in general.
As time pass, paresthesia worsen. It is very bad before going to sleep or in the bed. Ants crawling for example starts in my right arm, spread to my torso and the other arm for example ... then i become crazy waiting until it stops. Usually i get up .... Sometime, nothing starts.
Anyway ...

Take ...
Read more : Symptoms through the day | Views : 1850 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! Ultimate Living by Tim Storey!

:D
I SOOOOO love this book. Positive living at its finest!
Everyone who wants to change their life and achieve their dreams must purchase this book! I dont read alot but had to rush out and buy this after seeing it at the library and reading it... Its a keeper!
Read more : I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! Ultimate Living by Tim Storey! | Views : 3364 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Reading Nook

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236336 • Total topics 25607 • Total members 16906

Contact us | Terms of Service