It is currently Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ACP January 09 Newsletter

Accelerated Cure Project has enrolled 1,000th case study participant in repository: ... ol0704.pdf
Read more : ACP January 09 Newsletter | Views : 1412 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

To chelate or not to chelate...?

Oh well, nobody else seems to want to start this thread so here goes! I should point out that I know little about this subject apart from what I’ve learned from this forum and Google..

For anyone who is new to the term ‘chelation’ it means (in non technical terms) the removal of unwanted substances, such as heavy metals, from the body. An iron chelator is a substance which binds with iron and removes it ...
Read more : To chelate or not to chelate...? | Views : 2308 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Article on Campath

Positve, but realistic article on effectiveness of Camapth.

Buzz around Campath proof-of-concept trial in MS 16 January 2009

When news broke in October that an approved cancer therapy had, for the first time, halted the progress of multiple sclerosis (MS), excitement was tangible among clinicians and patient groups. The phase 2 study's results are certainly unprecedented in MS. But whether Campath (alemtuzumab), a monoclonal antibody (mAb) already approved to treat leukemia, actually 'reverses' MS, ...
Read more : Article on Campath | Views : 1686 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

My loving wife has gotten this multivitamin for us.

Anyone else used it?
Read more : Xtend-Life | Views : 1524 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Drug Induced Neurological Disorders: Book Review

this is a book i would very much like to get my hands on!

Book reviews
Drug-Induced Neurological Disorders. Second Edition
Jain KK. Hogrefe & Huber Publishers, Seattle, WA, 2001.
ISBN 0-88937-219-5. Price around £56 UK, $79 US

This book is an encyclopedia of drug-induced neurological
disorders. The author has made an effort to include as
many reported conditions, rare and frequent (some 5000
citations). As the book is well researched the amount of
data ...
Read more : Drug Induced Neurological Disorders: Book Review | Views : 3378 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Reading Nook

Article on CAM

Here's an interesting article on complimentary alternative medicine (CAM) which discusses how more mainstream doctors are beginning to appreciate the potential benefits of CAM therapy.

Doctors going alternative
More mainstream physicians suggesting meditation, massage and acupuncture

By Julie Deardorff | Tribune reporter
1:59 AM CST, January 14, 2009

For years, Dr. Ali Keshavarzian ignored "alternative" therapies because his Western-trained brain wanted more evidence that they actually worked.

But Keshavarzian also knew conventional medicine often needed ...
Read more : Article on CAM | Views : 1229 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

I think I had an attack on Copaxone....

Sorry gang, but this might be kinda long....

I had some kind of attack yesterday morning. I have never felt
anything like it before in my life.

I had read that Copaxone users can encounter the occasional "reaction"
to the drug, even after years of being on it without having said
reaction. It usually is described as a "flushing" feeling in the
skin, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, etc. for short
time...about 15 ...
Read more : I think I had an attack on Copaxone.... | Views : 2791 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Copaxone

Hey y'all--

I have the first THREE mails out to study sites (Ohio). My state list is okay, as far as that goes, but not all these addresses are complete enough to include certain people (study coordinators). And sometimes even zip codes.

So... if you please, PM me the complete address of your own study site--and a name, if available, so we can get this ball rolling.

From snowy and blowy Cincinnati,
ME the Pain
Read more : Addresses | Views : 2857 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

neurontin ques

I've been in a great deal of pain lately, mostly legs and feet (my arches) The neuro suggested I start neurontin.
Can anyone share their experineces with this drug. I hesitate to add another 'everyday' drug to treat a 'not everyday' issue.
Does it take a few days for it to build to an effective dose?
Can you use it and go off it when you're feeling better? or is it dangerous to do so? ...
Read more : neurontin ques | Views : 4194 | Replies : 30 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 234546 • Total topics 25244 • Total members 16453

Contact us | Terms of Service