It is currently Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:28 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MS and gender

Hopefully some of the research presented at the conference will get published in the near future.

Environment may cause increase in Multiple Sclerosis among women only - 18 November 2008

Gender has become a dominant factor in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) during the last decades. Already with a ratio of 3.2 to 1 MS is gradually changing into a disease predominantly among women. Since genetic factors can be ruled out as a cause of this ...
Read more : MS and gender | Views : 1588 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

15th infuson not good!

I would like to hear from anyone else who has had this problem with an infuson.I took my 15th infusion at the end of Oct.I got in my house that night and I could barely make it through the door.I was so weak and dragging.Well in the 2 weeks after that it was anightmare,stabbing severe pain in joints behind eyes in different places where I never had pain.I can barely walk still all I can ...
Read more : 15th infuson not good! | Views : 2474 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

New to MS

Hi,

I'm new to the world of MS and prior to my diagnosis I was a pretty active guy. I'm the guy who carries 20 bags of groceries up the stairs with his 3 year old on his shoulders - if you know what I mean.

I'm finding it hard to that these days. In fact, I'm finding that every time I do anything remotely "active" (a brisk walk, a 20 foot run for the ...
Read more : New to MS | Views : 1873 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Introductions

Testosterone Users out there??

HI,

haven't been able to find any threads on off label testosterone users for ms....can anyone lead me to one or care to divulge how it's going?

thanks,

Cojack
Read more : Testosterone Users out there?? | Views : 1920 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

An SF1019 FDA application for a Physician sponsored trial

Whilst surfing today I found this snippet in the latest Immunosyn Corporation filings to the SEC.

http://www.pinksheets.com/edgar/GetFili ... ID=6254266

A Physician Sponsored IND Application to the Food and Drug Administration in the U.S. for a Phase II Clinical Trial for Multiple Sclerosis utilizing SF-1019 has been submitted. If the submitting doctor is successful in gaining approval for his Clinical Trial, Argyll Biotech intends to supply SF-1019 at no cost ...
Read more : An SF1019 FDA application for a Physician sponsored trial | Views : 1498 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

bathroom

when we had the roll in shower done i could still get out of the chair and shuffle to the shower chair and the toilet so we didn't get the bathroom door widened at that time but now i need to take the wheelchair right into the bathroom (more money)it was a very stupid decision not to do it at that time but i thought i would always be able to get to the shower ...
Read more : bathroom | Views : 1631 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

Insomnia with Copaxone?

Hi all! I have been on Copaxone for a little over a week now, and, I have also had insomnia for about the same period of time.

I do take my shot late in the evening, but I have also tried them in the am. In the am, they seemed to make me sleepy, but at night, I am up for hours and hours! (Take this post, for example: it is 7:15 am. I have ...
Read more : Insomnia with Copaxone? | Views : 2257 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

Dishydrotic eczema...anyone?

Hi
just developed dishydrotic eczema.
By chance, anyone else had it?
It's also called pomphylox, or housewives eczema.
Probably more related to all the other allergies I have, but just interested to know if any other MS'ers, or Copaxoners have it?
Read more : Dishydrotic eczema...anyone? | Views : 3252 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells for MS

Here is the abstract from pubmed on the Karussis stem cell work (NOTE there is no chemo in this treatment it is JUST stem cells):

Immunomodulation and neuroprotection with mesenchymal bone marrow stem cells (MSCs): a proposed treatment for multiple sclerosis and other neuroimmunological/neurodegenerative diseases.Karussis D, Kassis I, Kurkalli BG, Slavin S.
Department of Neurology and Laboratory of Neuroimmunology and the Agnes-Ginges Center for Neurogenetics, Hadassah-Hebrew University Hospital, Ein-Karem, Jerusalem, IL-91120, Israel. ...
Read more : Stem cells for MS | Views : 3123 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Stem Cells

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233479 • Total topics 25053 • Total members 16210

Contact us | Terms of Service