It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:43 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Fetal stem cell/Medra?

Has anyone heard anything about Medra? Apparently they are doing fetal stem cell therapy somewhere in the Caribbean. Yea, I know, sounds hokey.
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : Fetal stem cell/Medra? | Views : 1906 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Current Clinical Studies (US)

this is a list of current ms studies that are seeking volunteers.

Found 153 studies with search of: Open Studies | "Multiple Sclerosis"

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?r ... lerosis%22
Read more : Current Clinical Studies (US) | Views : 1641 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Cold worsening symptoms?

I know that heat makes my symptoms get worse and that hottubs are lethal but in the UK we are having a big cold snap and temperatures have been below freezing for days. I have noticed that the colder I am, especially if I am outside, the worse my symptoms get - my leg becomes very difficult to control, the dragging and dropping is severe and my walking becomes very spastic.

Is that normal?
Read more : Cold worsening symptoms? | Views : 1624 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Sleep Patterns

I am trying to sort out my sleep patterns and why they are erratic.
I think establishing a chart might help, but I am also curious about my vitamin levels and the relationship they have.

There are times I am completely exhausted and want to sleep yet after a certain time in the evening I am doomed to be awake all night. Currently, I am only taking gabapentin.

Please educate me on what vitamins and ...
Read more : Sleep Patterns | Views : 4775 | Replies : 30 | Forum : General Discussion

Campath research articles

First thing - happy New Year.

A belated Christmas present for Lyon and others.

Here is a link to Dr Alasdair Coles which give an overview of his work with Campath for MS. If you go down the page there is a section called Key publications. The first publication is the research article on the 3 year Phase II trial (CAMMS 223) - open the PDF file. Worth printing out as it is quite long ...
Read more : Campath research articles | Views : 1747 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

IVIG

Has anyone of you been treated with combination of interferons or glatiramer acetat with IVIG (intravenous immunoglobulin - once a month)?
Read more : IVIG | Views : 1481 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

scared newbie

Hi all, have been lurking here for a good bit, am due to start tysabri next week and have been reading stuff that has given me the heebie-jeebies re PML etc.. anyone talk me round??
Read more : scared newbie | Views : 1832 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Tempted by ABX - how to introduce with neuro/gp?

Hi
I've been lurking for a while on ABX threads.

After the last few months with low-grade infections, the GP has finally put me on some kick-ass ABX, much higher dose than normal, and my god I feel so so much better. More mental clarity, more energy.

Have MS 10 years, RRMS, on Copaxone 5 years but extensive lipoatrophy on legs and backside. Had CPn age 11. Symptoms of MS started when I was about ...
Read more : Tempted by ABX - how to introduce with neuro/gp? | Views : 3730 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Antibiotics

CXCL1

CXCL1 Decreases Severity Of Multiple Sclerosis-like Disease
Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis
Also Included In: Neurology / Neuroscience
Article Date: 03 Jan 2009 - 0:00 PST

A group led by Dr. Cedric Raine at Albert Einstein College of Medicine have explored the expression of an immune molecule (CXCL1) that interacts with myelin-producing cells, finding that CXCL1 decreases the severity of disease in a mouse model of multiple sclerosis (MS). They report their data in the January ...
Read more : CXCL1 | Views : 1224 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Proteolix

Although it doesn't specifically mention MS...

From MIT's Technology Review, v. 112/no. 1, January 2009.

Cells clean up unneeded proteins by shipping them to a structure called the proteasome, which chops them up. If the proteasome can't do its job, the cell eventually dies. By targeting a specific component of the structure, Proteolix has developed a proteasome inhibitor that is particularly deadly to cancer cells. In the right dose, it kills cancer with little damage ...
Read more : Proteolix | Views : 1220 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234314 • Total topics 25197 • Total members 16412

Contact us | Terms of Service