It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:22 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Good interview with Vollmer

This issue of InforMS has an interesting interview with Tim Vollmer. Much of what he says won't be new to a lot of people here, but he puts it all together very clearly and provided, at least for me, a clearer impression of the state of MS understanding.

http://www.mscenter.org/images/stories/ ... lowres.pdf
Read more : Good interview with Vollmer | Views : 1473 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

My friend James at Stanford

Just got off the phone with my friend James and his awesome companion Kate. He has completed the full complement of tests and met with Dr. D. Sounds like his stenosis has topped the charts. Left side not working and right side, well lets say missing in action. Dr. Dake says the worst he has seen so far. Great news for James as his disability is high and reflects the diagnosis well. He goes in ...
Read more : My friend James at Stanford | Views : 7558 | Replies : 35 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Peeks follow up

got my follow up MRI/MRV's and consult w/Dr D. My stents are looking great but....I am going in surgery for 2 new stents Jugular at ea. collar bone. Dake said I will be able to go home afterward if I felt OK to do so.

He was totally enthusiastic and excited about it all. Took a short survey re: fatigue and tasks also an EDSS self assessment. tell more tomorrow. H.
Read more : Peeks follow up | Views : 4590 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

review of the facts-

Think it's time to review what we know (fact), and what we don't know (conjecture)-

*CCSVI has been found in 100% of the CDMS patients Dr. Zamboni has tested. He has reported this in a peer reviewed paper. It is only related to MS patients. No other neurological diseases had it. Repeat: CCSVI is only found in MS patients. It is related to MS. SUNY Buffalo was interested in his research, and are doing an ...
Read more : review of the facts- | Views : 3873 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Another reason research is moving slow

I was having a conversation with my wife this morning at the breakfast table about the increased fundingObama gave for scientific research and she shared with me an interesting perspective. My wife is a young(36) researcher at a fairly big university and one of her research interests is stem cells. She and many of her colleagues applied for grants from the Federal government in order to continue testing their specific line of research. As time ...
Read more : Another reason research is moving slow | Views : 1328 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

have you seen this movie?

this is just a trailer but it looks like an interesting film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiuM5NNjNV8
Read more : have you seen this movie? | Views : 1365 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Improved 25-Foot Walks on Antibiotics

Improved 25-Foot Walks on Antibiotics

Chart of Kim's 25-Foot Walk Times

Here is a most recent chart of Kim's 25-Foot Walks. The chart is clickable. So if you click on it, a new window should open that has a larger version of the chart that you can actually read.

While the chart reflects significant improvements over the first 6-months of ABX protocol, it is notable how Kim's walks are still improving as we go ...
Read more : Improved 25-Foot Walks on Antibiotics | Views : 7301 | Replies : 42 | Forum : General Discussion

A New Treatment

This sounds like it could be quite promising "forces the disease into remission in mice"
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 081109.php

A new experimental treatment for multiple sclerosis (MS) completely reverses the devastating autoimmune disorder in mice, and might work exactly the same way in humans, say researchers at the Jewish General Hospital Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and McGill University in Montreal.

MS is an autoimmune disease in which the ...
Read more : A New Treatment | Views : 2412 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Advice

This sounds too good to be true! What is Dr. Dake's success rate? How do I contact Dr. Dake?
Read more : Advice | Views : 1519 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241278 • Total topics 26401 • Total members 17574

Contact us | Terms of Service