It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:16 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

I just began my Tysa treatment

Dear all,
I started taking Tysabri on Monday 16.07.
I have not had any side effects, except feeling quite exhausted in the afternoon: i slept two hours.
Otherwise, I do not yet feel any improvements in my symptom: hobbling after walking 15 minutes or less.
I am a bit frustrated, since steroids' infusions have a much quicker effect on this symptom.
Also my body does not give me any sign, postive or negative, that it ...
Read more : I just began my Tysa treatment | Views : 4119 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Israel Center for MS treatment

Hi I've been hearing that a lot of people with MS have been having treatment in Israel (the same as the one they were having in Holland but with more success). Does anyone have any information about this? (experience, phone numbers, web address, etc)
Read more : Israel Center for MS treatment | Views : 1877 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Hey everyone!

Hi. My name is CK and MS runs in my family. My mom's cousin died about 4 years ago after a long struggle with the disorder. I'm an advocate for stem cell research for this disorder and others... my mom's diabetic too. Just though I would introduce myself!
Read more : Hey everyone! | Views : 1411 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

When is it done???

So after reading a bunch of confusing crud I've decided the trial is over sometime between now and hell freezing over. Also, it's when the info will be released.

Whats the real story and what does it take for fast tracking?
Read more : When is it done??? | Views : 1796 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

TALKING ABOUT BRAIN CANDY

I'm not certain that any of this has to do with MS but some interesting brain stuff from Discover Magazine....my long time fav! http://discovermagazine.com/topics/mind-brain
Bob
Read more : TALKING ABOUT BRAIN CANDY | Views : 1015 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

What is this?

Yesterday I felt under the weather all day with a sore neck. In the evening, while at the theatre watching Harry Potter, my left shoulder, side of my neck, half of my torso and my entire arm started these waves of horrible pain.

About every minute it would come and go, and lasted about two hours. Then, it was completely gone. It was really bad.

Does this sound like an MS attack? Or maybe the ...
Read more : What is this? | Views : 1661 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

Ocrelizumab

Ocrelizumab is a new anti-CD20 drug that is being called a second-generation rituxan. Genentech and Biogen are collaborating on it and it is supposed to be entering trials for MS very soon. Genentech wants to start it right at phase 3(!!!) later this year, but the two companies are in arbitration because they disagree on how to proceed (see bolded section below). I will put it on the list when we hear about the results ...
Read more : Ocrelizumab | Views : 5253 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

My new friend, Tamiflu.

Hi, I didn't want to post this at the end of my own regimen, where it may be lost.

I have had MS symptoms for over ten years. In that 10ys I cannot remember any time where a relapse was not preceded by a cold or flu. They appear to be my only trigger for a relapse. Anyway, I recently got a script for an anti-viral called Tamiflu, in preparation for my next infection. Well, ...
Read more : My new friend, Tamiflu. | Views : 4603 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Regimens

The Return Of The Astrocytes!

No, it's not a cheap science fiction film: it's the revival of a long forgotten suggestion that these cells may have an important role to play in MS, as agents of both damage and repair:

Astrocytes-Friends or foes in multiple sclerosis?

Williams A, Piaton G, Lubetzki C.

Inserm, U711, Université Pierre and Marie Curie, Faculté de médecine, IFR 70, Paris F‐75013, France.

In multiple sclerosis (MS), the presence of demyelinating plaques has concentrated researchers' minds ...
Read more : The Return Of The Astrocytes! | Views : 1414 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

muscle stiffness?

Has anybody experienced muscle stiffness as a side effect of Copaxone?
Read more : muscle stiffness? | Views : 2849 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222304 • Total topics 23088 • Total members 14617

Contact us | Terms of Service