It is currently Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:15 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Rough draft

Please comment so I can do the necessary editing. After I get your-all's approval, I'll be sending this to Dawn McGuire and Donna Rill of Opexa and Edward Fox of that central TX MS Center. Here goes:

Four months ago, when Opexa Therapeutics pulled the plug on Phase II-B of Tovaxin, a lot of people were shocked and very unhappy. Especially when some of them—us, rather—had, over the course of the study, become cheerleading advocates. ...
Read more : Rough draft | Views : 2389 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Alcohol and Rebif

I have yet another question about Rebif... I heard that you cannot consume beer while taking Rebif. I went to their website and couldnt find anything on that. Does anyone know? I am not an acoholic by any means, however I like to drink beer on my days off. I am trying to impact my life as little as possible. So, from what I was told, you can drink beer on copax but not on ...
Read more : Alcohol and Rebif | Views : 7225 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

at my wit's end

Hello. I am a 29 year-old woman living in Israel with secondary progressive MS (diagnosed with MS when I was 20) that has tried every treatment there is possible (as far as I know).

This includes (in chronological order):
Avonex
Betaseron
Copaxone
Rebif
Hemonoglobin
Cytoxan
Tysabri
Novantrone

Currentlyl, I am in a wheelchair, and in a recent visit to my neurologist, he told me that he's not sure what I should try next, because, as ...
Read more : at my wit's end | Views : 5099 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Regimens

Studies on the genetics of MS

Genetics studies provide new clues to why people develop MS
06 March 2009

New studies are deciphering the complex picture of genetic characteristics that make people susceptible to MS, thanks to international collaborations and unique population studies. Each gives important new clues about why people get MS. Additional large-scale studies, the first stages of which are already underway, promise to uncover the great majority of genes that convey risk for MS, which would pave ...
Read more : Studies on the genetics of MS | Views : 3385 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Campath research

Given that a number of people have received this treatment / are thinking about it, here is an abstract of some research to be presented in April about disability improvements.

Ian

http://www.abstracts2view.com/aan2009se ... 9L_P06.145
Read more : Campath research | Views : 1650 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Euphoria before attack

Hi

Has anyone noticed that they feel really good and well just before a relapse like a real feeling of euphoria? I have noticed this has happened to me a few times now.
I can't work out if its because I feel well I do more hence bringing on an attack or if it is a biological/chemical thing.

Any ideas?
Read more : Euphoria before attack | Views : 2042 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Ok...I picked my hotel....

It's this one: http://www.mountvernonbaltimore.com/

Gah...this trip is costing me an arm and a leg. How did you guys afford it???

8O
Read more : Ok...I picked my hotel.... | Views : 1888 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Obama to reverse embryonic stem cell ban

Great News!!!!!!!!! Can we have a hand for President Obama!!!!!
Read more : Obama to reverse embryonic stem cell ban | Views : 5283 | Replies : 47 | Forum : General Discussion

Does anyone here use a inversion table ?

I have been using a inversion table for about 3 yrs. Started using it before I officially had ms. I have lived with back pain for 33 yrs. Skiing jumping at 18 yrs left me with disc problems. I now use it daily. At first it made my head feel funny, but no problems lately. Used to hear and feel the separation taking place up and down my spine. Now I have actually increased some ...
Read more : Does anyone here use a inversion table ? | Views : 4058 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

cellcept

Any ideas what cellcept is?

L
Read more : cellcept | Views : 1457 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235775 • Total topics 25506 • Total members 16786

Contact us | Terms of Service