It is currently Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:02 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

is Bungee Jumping dangerous for MS ?

I've diagnosed with MS last year and now I'm symptom-free and wanna Jump from a 40 meter bungee. Is this very dangerous for me? Does it increase the risk of another attack? Is there any previous cases of relapse due to jumping stress?
Thank you so much in advance.
Read more : is Bungee Jumping dangerous for MS ? | Views : 4062 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

Pregnenolone

Does anyone use pregnenolone instead of DHEA for nerve/myelin regeneration?
I have read that it works better as it can converted to DHEA and/or other hormones say testosterone, progesterone, estriol, estradiol etc through different pathways:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... enesis.gif
Read more : Pregnenolone | Views : 4401 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Regimens

Another article...

This was posted on another forum (I'm trying to find the source)...

But it's SO exciting that it's getting attention - though, I hope that doesn't slow me down! ;)

New approach promising against multiple sclerosis

By Will Dunham1 hour, 39 minutes ago

Treatment with an immune-suppressing drug may help people with the incurable disease multiple sclerosis, researchers said on Monday.

Their small study showed that treatment ...
Read more : Another article... | Views : 1303 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Results of a small HDC trial

Its only a small group of 9 MS patients with aggressive MS followed for up to 24 month. But a 39% average improvemt in EDSS sounds promising.
Trial results

--Frank

p.s.:
I posted the same study in the HDC forum because it seems to fit in both.
If I should avoid "doubleposting" of that kind in the future please let me know which forum I should prefer in a similar situation.
Read more : Results of a small HDC trial | Views : 1156 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Small HDC trial results

Chris, is this the same group at JH that did your treatment?

Its only a small group of 9 MS patients with aggressive MS followed for up to 24 month. But a 39% average improvemt in EDSS sounds promising.
Trial results

--Frank
Read more : Small HDC trial results | Views : 5331 | Replies : 35 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Immunesystem monitoring tool

This one might be important for MS basic research:
http://www.primidi.com/2008/06/09.html#a2210

--Frank
Read more : Immunesystem monitoring tool | Views : 1088 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

More statin research

I think this suggests that statins might have a positive effect.

<shortened url>
Read more : More statin research | Views : 3379 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Statins

New

I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. I was diagnosed in September 1999 when I was 22. I have PPMS. My symptoms have been a slow progression over the last 8-1/2 years. I use a cane now.

I am 30 now and just looking to make friends with those who understand the hardships of having MS.
Read more : New | Views : 1350 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Nice story

This is a nice story - this guy was diagnosed the same time as me (4 years ago). It was 27C (80F) in London yesterday. I went out for a 30 mins on my mountain bike - something I couldn't have done 2 years ago. Not quiet as impressive as winning a golf tournament - but being almost back to normal is priceless.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 083129.ece

Ian
Read more : Nice story | Views : 2025 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 230307 • Total topics 24454 • Total members 15700

Contact us | Terms of Service