It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Article

This article is about Tysabri but covers other issues - like debunking the idea that there is no damage during remissions and some stuff on imaging.

Ian

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j872355537&w=464753
Read more : Article | Views : 1032 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Considering Tysabri

Hi Everybody,

I'm thinking about Tysabri, see my doctor on 04/18. I'm eligible for it, checked yesterday with my insurance company. According to them, they could have it set up and sent out to my doctor in 3 business days!

I know the history of T, and my drug history... my tentative plan is, if it works, then take it for 1-2 years until we have the next super-duper drug available with less known bad ...
Read more : Considering Tysabri | Views : 9223 | Replies : 40 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

dose escalation results

April 03, 2007 07:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Opexa Therapeutics Reports Positive Top-line Data in Phase I/II Dose Escalation Trial with TovaxinTM for Multiple Sclerosis
THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OPXA), a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, today announced positive top-line data in an open-label Phase I/II dose escalation clinical trial of the investigational T-cell vaccine, Tovaxin™, for multiple sclerosis. In this one-year, 10-subject dose escalation clinical trial, ...
Read more : dose escalation results | Views : 2605 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Varicella-Zoster Strikes Again

This study seems to confirm the work of Italian researchers posted a couple of months ago. Beware varicella-zoster.

Varicella-zoster virus at relapses of multiple sclerosis.

J Neurol. 2007 Mar 31;
Sotelo J, Ordonez G, Pineda B.
Neuroimmunology Unit, National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery of Mexico, Insurgentes Sur 3877, 14269, Mexico City, Mexico, jsotelo@servidor.unam.mx.

The possible participation of different herpes viruses was studied during exacerbations of multiple sclerosis (MS). We ...
Read more : Varicella-Zoster Strikes Again | Views : 1176 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Cannaboids

Cannabis could hold the key to ending multiple sclerosis misery 03 April 2007

Researchers investigating the role of cannabinoids - chemical substances contained within cannabis – in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), have found they could significantly enhance therapy, not only by reducing nerve damage and erratic nerve impulses, but perhaps even by hindering development of the condition.

The findings, published online in Nature Medicine demonstrates for the first time how cannabis might ...
Read more : Cannaboids | Views : 1368 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

help for very advanced MS patient

My wife had her first attack 30 years ago
She is now 63 years old in a reclining wheel chair because she has zero trunk strength and can not sit up
hel legs are totally racked by spasums and has not had any use of them for a decade
she has little use of her arms
her neurologist says she has zero meilin left.

no one seems to talk about the patient
are there any ...
Read more : help for very advanced MS patient | Views : 1183 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

NAbs

Large Study Shows That Presence of Neutralizing Antibodies Did Not Predict Clinical Response to Betaseron Treatment
02 April 2007

Berlex, Inc., a U.S. affiliate of Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany, announced today the results of a retrospective study demonstrating that the presence of neutralizing antibodies (NAbs) that can develop in response to Betaseron(R) (interferon beta-1b) therapy did not predict clinical response in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). (1) The study looked at data from ...
Read more : NAbs | Views : 1100 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

How can i get minocycline

Hello
I come from Poland. In my country Minocycline is unaviable. Is there anybody who know how can I get minocycline from another country?
Read more : How can i get minocycline | Views : 2115 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Antibiotics

Clinical trial results

Sharon recently mentioned that the AAN meeting abstracts are available for viewing online, but there is an embargo on them until the day they are presented. There are several abstracts reporting clinical trial results or preliminary results, a few that caught my eye are:

-- Minocycline + Copaxone (finally!)
-- Rituxan for RRMS
-- Atorvastatin (Lipitor) + Rebif (finally!)
-- Campath

The link to the abstracts: http://www.abstracts2view.com/aan2007boston/
Read more : Clinical trial results | Views : 1908 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hygiene Hypothesis

Dear all,

Yes it was me who funded Lyon's vacation to Florida - Bob's a nice guy, but I thought we could all do with a break from his worm theory. But I did promise him that I would post relevant articles, and here is one on the hygiene hypothesis.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 596735.ece

If you can think of anyone else who might need a vacation (not my new friend ...
Read more : Hygiene Hypothesis | Views : 1026 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219953 • Total topics 22741 • Total members 14342

Contact us | Terms of Service