It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:45 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Complementary supplements IFN-beta

MMP-9s KILL the activity of ALL IFN-Betas.

It is a VERY GOOD IDEA to lower MMP-9s if taking an Ifn-Beta drug.

If you want to maximize Avonex (or any beta interferon), lowering MMP-9s will prevent it from being degraded by being cleaved into parts thus killing its Activity/Effectiveness.

http://www.cnsforum.com/commenteditem/f ... fault.aspx

Also getting the most activity from the least amount of near natural (human) interferon like Avonex will usually ...
Read more : Complementary supplements IFN-beta | Views : 1618 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Which T cell types drive the autoimmune response?

Although the focus of their research sounds interesting it's a little bothersome that their photo subject of MS is in a wheelchair and the photo labeled "Multiple sclerosis".

Not that people with MS don't end up in wheel chairs but it's not as inevitable as their use of the picture makes it seem.
http://www.spiritindia.com/health-care- ... 11391.html
Bob
Read more : Which T cell types drive the autoimmune response? | Views : 974 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

wikipedia

okay so we know there's a content nazi on the existing pages for MS on wikipedia. i didn't get any kind of inspiring response to a previous post suggesting we take on the existing page(s).

but what if we made our own page entitled 'alternative therapies for ms', and entered all our various ideas that are quickly deleted from the current therapies page. of course with wikipedia we can't write with an obvious bias in ...
Read more : wikipedia | Views : 1165 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Number of MRI lesions

I'd like to ask a few questions : how many total MRI lesions do you have ? And since when ? Did some of them disappear ? Did your condition worsened rapidly if you have many lesions ?

I know we cannot make so simple comparisons, but I'd like to.
Read more : Number of MRI lesions | Views : 3867 | Replies : 24 | Forum : General Discussion

Eyes - how do you stop them being destroyed by MS

Hi,

Anybody found any products that reduce the amount of damage to the eyes?

Thanks,

Abe
Read more : Eyes - how do you stop them being destroyed by MS | Views : 2097 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

IVIG

Positive results for IVIG in progressive MS. Not fantastic results, but given the current lack of treatment options, I suppose it's still significant.

Intravenous immunoglobulin in primary and secondary chronic progressive multiple sclerosis: a randomized placebo controlled multicentre study.

Mult Scler. 2007 Jul 10;
Pohlau D, Przuntek H, Sailer M, Bethke F, Koehler J, Konig N, Heesen C, Spath P, Andresen I.
Department of Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis Center, Kamillus-Klinik Asbach.

In patients with relapsing-remitting multiple ...
Read more : IVIG | Views : 1171 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Bone marrow transplant case study

Very interesting, keeping in mind this is about a single case.

Failure of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation to arrest disease activity in multiple sclerosis.

Mult Scler. 2007 Jul 10;
Jeffery DR.
Department of Neurology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, USA.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is thought to be an autoimmune disease in which activated T-cells initiate a macrophage mediated destruction of CNS myelin. Bone marrow transplantation (BMT) is currently being evaluated in the ...
Read more : Bone marrow transplant case study | Views : 1232 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Tovaxin and fatigue

Ok so my issue with MS is fatigue. I slept today for 4 hours. I take a vitamin that helps with it but even with all the other limitations, I want the fatigue gone.

One thing I've got the impression of is MS fatigue is gone with Tovaxin. Does it eliminate fatigue? They even had an animation on their site saying that. How is everyone doing with the fatigue? Heck with doing somersaults. Is anyone ...
Read more : Tovaxin and fatigue | Views : 5469 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Stem Cell Control

An interesting finding...

TOL

McMaster claims stem-cell breakthrough

Discovery important to cancer research, repairing damaged organs
Jul 11, 2007 01:15 PM
Joseph Hall
Staff Reporter

A landmark discovery by researchers at McMaster University could radically alter the way scientists can use embryonic stem cells to grow replacement tissues and treat cancer.

In a surprise revelation, a McMaster study found that human embryonic stem cells – “the great grandmothers” of all the other cells in our ...
Read more : Stem Cell Control | Views : 1213 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

You're making it up

One of the MS websites I visit lists the top 20 news articles on that day which refer to MS. The usual story is about a new treatment. Today, half of the news articles had included the name Bin Laden in the title. Could terrorism and MS be linked?

The story is a 51 year old, five time married, British grandmother with MS who has married the 27 year old son of Bin Laden.

Must ...
Read more : You're making it up | Views : 1683 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222249 • Total topics 23084 • Total members 14612

Contact us | Terms of Service