It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:37 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

day five, was friday. today is sunday

went ok, other than i've now got a cold. yuck. so, do i have any immune system or what? nobody seemed to care that i was sick. i had the scary nurse... i woke up with mimi-a nurse that came right off the drew carey show staring down at me. and wow was she evil. i felt really feverish and yucky all day friday, and whatnot. yesterday was ok though. today seems ok. still sick ...
Read more : day five, was friday. today is sunday | Views : 1835 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Another Introduction.

Hi Everyone. My name is shannon. I'm 24 and I was diagnosed at the age of 21. I was in the USAF when i was diagnosed. my first symptom was both my feet went completely numb. I fell out of bed. So doing PT was out of the question. So the doctors would run test and find nothing wrong. A few months later I started up with migraines and loosing vision in my right eye ...
Read more : Another Introduction. | Views : 1445 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Introductions

A question about mast cells.

Hi, does any one know if there is any research into mast cell endocytosis in people with ms? I'm just curious is all.
Read more : A question about mast cells. | Views : 1561 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Seasonal Ulcers

Venous ulcers ahve a seasonal characteristic

HERE is our favorite researcher at it again....

Seasonal variation of onset of venous leg ulcers.
Marian Simka
EWMA Journal 2006; 6(2):23-24
ICID: 470065
Article type: Original article
IC™ Value: 2.00

Background. Many vascular pathologies exhibit circannual fluctuation, and perhaps are climate dependent. In Central and Western Europe, where four distinct seasons exist, vascular pathologies related to thrombosis have their peak of frequency during winter, while clinical symptoms associated ...
Read more : Seasonal Ulcers | Views : 1827 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Some Answers, More Questions

I really don't know where to begin. Let me start by listing my symptoms, most I have experienced off and on for years. This is a complete list of everything I deal with. Not a list of me matching up what may be MS related.

1. Numbness in Arm & Hand (started in April 09)
2. Blurred Vision (years)
3. Vertigo (years)
4. Heat Sensitivity (started in late teens. 26 now)
5. Trouble Sleeping (last ...
Read more : Some Answers, More Questions | Views : 7282 | Replies : 57 | Forum : General Discussion

new to the forum but had first set of infusions in april

just wondering how people felt two months post infusion, still feel the same symptoms havent decreased, just curious maybe im expecting too much too soon. dx 07/2007 thank you..

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be broken

I am happy I have found this forum. I am a 28'ish year old Man'boy and was diagnosed with this gift that keeps on giving in mid 2008. I have relapsed 4 times since then and am ever ready to the get to the next chapter in my world win tour of MS torture. The doctor was nice enough to confirm my inquiry that I have had MS since my early 20's. hip hip hoooray! ...
Read more : Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be broken | Views : 1639 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Introductions

Questions for those who have the surgery

Did you need a referral from your neuro?
Who follows up with you when you come home?
How soon can you fly after the proceudre and how long do you need to stay near stanford?
I read they keep you awake duing the surgery, that is a little creepy but then again I really prefer that vs being put under. So they at least give you some sort of sedation to relax you or are ...

The Unmentionables..and Time

Marie, Well, there are the symptoms of which we all speak freely---fatigue, imbalance, heat intolerance, impaired swallowing, foot drop, "franken-gait," spastic limbs, vision problems, slurred speech, weakness, muscle wasting, cognitive dysfunction and brain fog. But what about the "unmentionable" symptoms---bladder dysfunction, erectile dysfunction, chronic constipation and bowel dysfunction. Do you think the appropriate venous stent insertions could improve those problems? Even if they are long-standing problems?

It occurs to me that there may be a ...
Read more : The Unmentionables..and Time | Views : 1697 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

day four/yesterday

so yesterday was good, in that there were no steroids. so no gaining another five pounds overnight. but this morning, my joints are KILLING ME. and i'm tired. but what's new there. and so far no rash, which is great. so i'm off to the last day now, woohoo!
Read more : day four/yesterday | Views : 1686 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239259 • Total topics 26102 • Total members 17373

Contact us | Terms of Service