It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:02 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

How carbon monoxides antiinflamatory effect works

Recently I read, that CO may have a positive effect on MS. Here is an explanation for its antiinflamatory mechanism of action:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/index.p ... mation.xml

--Frank
Read more : How carbon monoxides antiinflamatory effect works | Views : 1333 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

How do you cope with MS when dealing with tough periods?

I was wondering how people cope with MS when they're going through a rough patch in their life like a death of a loved one or losing a job. I am dealing with the latter where I had lost a job I liked. I have managed to get contract work but it's not what I really want.

I am now faced with a situation where I visibly limp and I disclose my illness to prospective ...
Read more : How do you cope with MS when dealing with tough periods? | Views : 2871 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. COT601-M06.1

Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. Provides Update on Multiple Sclerosis Library 30 March 2007

Critical Outcome Technologies Inc, provided an update to the market today on its Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Library.

Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. (COTI) has been monitoring the synthesis of its first four MS compounds through regular meetings with its synthetic chemistry partner, Dalton Pharma Services (Dalton). "The COTI MS compounds are novel and therefore have not been made before. Each of the first ...
Read more : Critical Outcome Technologies Inc. COT601-M06.1 | Views : 1548 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Oral Agents

New Oral Agents for Multiple Sclerosis, Including Novartis/Mitsubishi Pharma's Novel Drug, Will Capture 25% of Market Share by 2020
28 March 2007

Concerns Over Safety and Efficacy Will Prevent Emergence of a Blockbuster Drug Through 2020, According to a New Report from Decision Resources.

Decision Resources, one of the world's leading research and advisory firms for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues, finds that emerging oral therapies for multiple sclerosis, including a new drug from Novartis/Mitsubishi ...
Read more : Oral Agents | Views : 3642 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Is Diabetes a Neurological Disease?

Lynda Carol, this one is for you.

http://medgadget.com/archives/2006/12/a ... ht_cu.html

Monday, December 18, 2006
Diabetes, A Neurological Disorder?

Remember how peptic ulcer disease was put on its head, when it was shown to have an infectious etiology, with the
discovery of H. pylori? Today we are dealing with diabetes research that is opening completely new frontiers.
In a finding that may revolutionize diabetes treatment, scientists from The Hospital for ...
Read more : Is Diabetes a Neurological Disease? | Views : 1204 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Regeneration project

Read more : Regeneration project | Views : 829 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

How myelin gets mistaken

The following link to a PubMed abstract contains the usual impenetrable jargon. Here is my attempt at translation:

Two of the amino acids on a ligand, (docking molecule), of myelin basic protein are in the wrong position. They are necessary to bind with receptors on the surface of T-cells so that the myelin is not mistaken as "foreign".
Because they do not engage correctly with the T-cell, the myelin basic protein is misrecognised.
Here is ...
Read more : How myelin gets mistaken | Views : 986 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Pulse steroids or estriol?

Hi all

My wife has RRMS cannot take interferons (persistent elevated liver enzymes) or Copaxone (allergic reaction after 2 months) anymore. Her neurologist, who is great, is recommending pulse steroids every 3 months.

We have agreed to this, and she is due to start another round in a few weeks, however reading up about the new estriol trial is making us wonder whether 8mg of estriol per day would be better.

Regular pulse steroids have ...
Read more : Pulse steroids or estriol? | Views : 4593 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

Blue Brain

This project isn't immediately related to MS, but it's about eventually gaining a complete understanding of the brain.

Growing a Brain in Switzerland

Feb 16, 2007 - Der Spiegel - A network of artificial nerves is growing in a Swiss supercomputer -- meant to simulate a natural brain, cell-for-cell. The researchers at work on "Blue Brain" promise new insights into the sources of human consciousness.

The machine is beautiful as it wakes up -- nerve ...
Read more : Blue Brain | Views : 814 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 219952 • Total topics 22741 • Total members 14342

Contact us | Terms of Service