It is currently Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:37 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Accelerated Cure Project: The Cure Map

From The Cure Map:

"Known diseases are caused by one or more of only 5 root determinants:

1. Genetics (defects in, or bad combinations of, genetic information)
2. Pathogens (viruses, bacteria, prions)
3. Nutrition (imbalance in external substances the body requires)
4. Toxic Agents (chemical, electro-magnetic or nuclear radiation)
5. Trauma (physical damage)"

Is this really true? Here's from Medline Plus on Somatization Disorder:

"Somatization disorder is a chronic condition in which there are numerous ...
Read more : Accelerated Cure Project: The Cure Map | Views : 1371 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Bioidentical hormones and MS

A good friend and naturopathic doctor sent me info on this book-
Wondering if folks have any thoughts.

http://www.newharbinger.com/contributor ... tribID=414

Kathy Simpson, a master of science degree holder from USC, is research director of the Hormone Resource Center in southern California. She was dx with MS, but felt this was an incorrect diagnosis, and as an executive in the biotech industry, she began researching on her own using ...
Read more : Bioidentical hormones and MS | Views : 2951 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Teleconference

Did anyone listen to the teleconference last night with Dr. Dean Wingerchuk of the Neurology Department at Mayo Clinic Scottsdale.

I had signed up for it and then just plain forgot about it until this morning. I am really perturbed with myself because he was going to discuss a lot of new treatments and future treatments.

gwa
Read more : MS Teleconference | Views : 977 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MRF

It's good to see that the Myelin Repair Foundation are pushing forward with their work.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j12 ... 9&w=464753
Read more : MRF | Views : 1804 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

Another day, another protein

http://www.ivanhoe.com/channels/p_channelstory.cfm?storyid=17989

Autoimmune Disease Cure may lie in Protein

Researchers at VIB, the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology, in connection with Ghent University and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium, discovered a protein responsible for initiating this inflammation reaction. The protein, named MALT1, slices another protein called A20. In normal circumstances, A20 inhibits inflammation but when MALT1 is present, the inflammation reaction amplifies.

Scientists believe their findings will lead to the development of new medicines that counteract MALT1 ...
Read more : Another day, another protein | Views : 1254 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Lamotrigine

Dignan,

I've been holding back on this - the Lamotrigine trial is being extended by a few months. You are such a delicate soul that I didn't want to upset you. I still have high hopes for this trial, but the results will be a little longer in coming.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/go.rm?id=21620:1

To cheer you up - I'm sure that they'll be some good news (research / drugs trials) soon.

What ...
Read more : Lamotrigine | Views : 1612 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

TNF-alpha and INF-gamme increases after Tysabri treatment

After 6 month open lable trial with Tysabri, patients expressed higher levels of TNF-alpha and INF-gamma in peripheral blood.

Abstract

--Frank

MBP 8298

The following article includes some possible dates when MBP 8298 will be launched.

Eli Lilly has been cleared to license BioMS Medical's multiple sclerosis drug MBP8298.

The US Federal Trade Commission has cleared the global licensing and development agreement that grants Eli Lilly exclusive worldwide rights to BioMS Medical's lead multiple sclerosis compound, MBP8298. This represents a major step forward for Lilly, as the company looks to diversify its traditionally psychiatry-focused CNS offerings by expanding ...
Read more : MBP 8298 | Views : 1895 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Contribution of relapses to disability

A big question in MS is the connection (if any) between relapses and disability (long term). Trials involving drugs which are very effective at stopping / reducing relapses (Campath, Mitoxantrone etc) should provide answers as to whether substantially reducing relapses has long term benefits (such as substantially slowing down disability / stopping the progression of disability). The following research examines the relationship of relapses and disability.

Ian

http://www.msif.org/en/research/ms_rese ... _disa.html ...
Read more : Contribution of relapses to disability | Views : 1093 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226677 • Total topics 23876 • Total members 15148

Contact us | Terms of Service