It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:41 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Elevated Liver Enzymes

Hi all, my partner who is currently on Betaseron has just found out she has very elevated liver enzymes. She's been on Betaseron for two months. She's been on Rebif and Avonex before, and discontinued both of them due to liver enzymes.

She tried Copaxone, but she had an allergic reaction 2 months into it (definitely an allergic reaction, not the crazy post injection episode).

We'd both really like for her to stay on Betaseron ...
Read more : Elevated Liver Enzymes | Views : 1901 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

yahoo, landed great coop job!

i'm so excited, i just got home from a symposium in toronto to the news in my email that i landed a summer placement with environment canada's biodiversity convention office! and i might even get to work on article 8j, omg i envisioned working on this stuff when i applied to the program - and it's all coming true!!!!!!!!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
Read more : yahoo, landed great coop job! | Views : 2305 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Daily Life

MTA and MS

Finally some researchers are starting to poke in the right direction, at least relative to my theory. Of course they are interpreting it in terms of immune system modulation. Just a shame they don't look at it from my view: as spermine synthase over-expression in the targeted brain cells following inactive X chromosome fragmentation. Spermine synthase is on the 2 X chromosomes in female cells but usually only one copy is expressed, from the active ...
Read more : MTA and MS | Views : 1344 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Opexa related info

This isn't specific to Opexa's MS vaccine trial, but it's good to see that they're getting positive results with their other studies.
    Opexa Announces Encouraging Clinical Data on Novel T-Cell Vaccination Therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis

THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, announced encouraging data from a clinical trial of 15 patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Published in Arthritis & Rheumatism (Vol. 56, No. ...
Read more : Opexa related info | Views : 1785 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Two MRI research articles

Two MRI research articles. The negative side of me reads these and thinks - the more they find out about this disease the worse it seems to get. The positive side of me thinks that technology, through better MRI etc, is giving us a much better understanding of what's going on, which should lead to better treatments / ways of monitoring treatment.

Ian

Extent of brain involvement at diagnosis may predict rate of later brain ...
Read more : Two MRI research articles | Views : 1019 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Interesting B cell research

This seems likely to have MS implications...

Scientists Learn The Origin Of Rogue B Cells

11 Feb 2007 -- Doctors have long wondered why, in some people, the immune system turns against parts of the body it is designed to protect, leading to autoimmune disease. Now, researchers at the National Institutes of Health's (NIH) National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), in collaboration with the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, have provided some ...
Read more : Interesting B cell research | Views : 814 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Numerous supplements

Although the following info came in a commercial publication selling supplements, it may have real substance to it (tho I have not checked the references). The supplements mentioned have been addressed on this site before. And tho the article concerns "diabesity" (and therefore, insulin), this forum seems the most appropriate.

Nutrition Science Review

Chromium
Chromium improves glucose tolerance by taking 200 to 1,000 mcg of this essential trace mineral every day.
Chromium, Glucose Intolerance and ...
Read more : Numerous supplements | Views : 1406 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

My Dr. and Vit D

I know I said that I would tell everyone what my GP said about what vit D level you should have or how much of a supplement I should take. Well, sorry to tell you but that won't happen.

I had to see an intern because my GP has decided to not take appointments after 2:30 anymore which kind of sucks for us working people. I told the intern that since there had been so ...
Read more : My Dr. and Vit D | Views : 1336 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218737 • Total topics 22544 • Total members 14191