It is currently Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:48 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Insomnia with Copaxone?

Hi all! I have been on Copaxone for a little over a week now, and, I have also had insomnia for about the same period of time.

I do take my shot late in the evening, but I have also tried them in the am. In the am, they seemed to make me sleepy, but at night, I am up for hours and hours! (Take this post, for example: it is 7:15 am. I have ...
Read more : Insomnia with Copaxone? | Views : 2257 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Daily Life

Dishydrotic eczema...anyone?

Hi
just developed dishydrotic eczema.
By chance, anyone else had it?
It's also called pomphylox, or housewives eczema.
Probably more related to all the other allergies I have, but just interested to know if any other MS'ers, or Copaxoners have it?
Read more : Dishydrotic eczema...anyone? | Views : 3253 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells for MS

Here is the abstract from pubmed on the Karussis stem cell work (NOTE there is no chemo in this treatment it is JUST stem cells):

Immunomodulation and neuroprotection with mesenchymal bone marrow stem cells (MSCs): a proposed treatment for multiple sclerosis and other neuroimmunological/neurodegenerative diseases.Karussis D, Kassis I, Kurkalli BG, Slavin S.
Department of Neurology and Laboratory of Neuroimmunology and the Agnes-Ginges Center for Neurogenetics, Hadassah-Hebrew University Hospital, Ein-Karem, Jerusalem, IL-91120, Israel. ...
Read more : Stem cells for MS | Views : 3124 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Stem Cells

Does the FDA hinder progress?

There are two sides to this discussion, (I suppose it wouldn't be much of a discussion if there weren't), demonstrated by the comments at the bottom of the page:

short URL
Read more : Does the FDA hinder progress? | Views : 1548 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

A pill with a chip?

I wasn't sure where to post this, perhaps if we had an "Unnatural Aproach" forum or maybe the humor forum would also be good except I think these people are serious (which makes it not so funny).

Feeling sick? Take a pill with a chip.
http://content.zdnet.com/2346-9595_22-248995.html

Suffering from a queasy stomach? Philips has come up with a high-tech pill that will make sure the right dose of drugs is ...
Read more : A pill with a chip? | Views : 1347 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Myelin and Netrin-1

Multiple Sclerosis: In The War Against Diseases, Nerve Cells Need Their ArmorScienceDaily (Nov. 12, 2008) — In a new study, researchers at the Montreal Neurological Institute (MNI), McGill University, and the Université de Montréal have discovered an essential mechanism for the maintenance of the normal structure of myelin, the protective covering that insulates and supports nerve cells (neurons). Up until now, very little was known about myelin maintenance.

This new information provides vital insight into ...
Read more : Myelin and Netrin-1 | Views : 1513 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Appointment with endocrinologist

Hi Everyone,

A few months ago i posted because my vit D level was low and my neuro referred me to see an endocrinologist.

Well that appointment was this morning.

He basically wants me to continue taking 1000iu Vit d but he has ordered me another blood test just to see if that has worked to increase the level.
He says that taking the supplement is just as good as getting it from the sun. ...
Read more : Appointment with endocrinologist | Views : 1672 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Glutamate

Is anyone familiar with glutamate as it relates to MS? I've come across some articles that suggest people with MS have elevated glutamate levels, and this may somehow be involved in the disease. So does this mean supplementing with something that contains L-Glutamic Acid may not be a good idea?
Read more : Glutamate | Views : 1224 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Nerispirdine?

:?:
Anyone heard about a study for Nerispirdine to improve walking ability/speed? My neuro's office (Axiom Clinical Research) is recruiting candidates and I think I'm going to do it.

I think it's a potassium blocker like 4-ap/Fampridine.

It's a double-blind placebo controlled study but I don't know what phase it's in. There are four possible doses:
1. Placebo
2. 50 mg
3. 100 mg
4. 200 mg ...
Read more : Nerispirdine? | Views : 5511 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233491 • Total topics 25056 • Total members 16212

Contact us | Terms of Service