It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:53 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

How do you deal with bouts of anxiety?

I am curious: How do you deal with bouts of anxiety? I do not mean petty anxiety but real anxiety where you feel overwhelmed? I know there are professionals but isn't it normal to feel like this when you're going through a hard time?

beyondms
Read more : How do you deal with bouts of anxiety? | Views : 2522 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Research telecon

<Moderator's Note: The following post by Bromley is meant to be humorous. Users are not limited in their number of posts to the forums at ThisIsMS as long as they are in compliance with the Rules Of The Board established by the ThisIsMS administrators. Furthermore, I have no information directly from Arron regarding any changes in his level of participation in the forums. Sincerely, NHE>
      .................................................................................

Dear all,

Following Arron's decision to quit as moderator ...
Read more : Research telecon | Views : 1064 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Betaseron v Copaxone

Research suggests that both these drugs are as bad as each other!

No Difference in MS Disease Activity Between Treatments 16 June 2007

Head-to-head comparison of interferon beta-1b (Betaseron, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals ) and glatiramer acetate (Copaxone, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries) shows comparable efficacy but continuing multiple sclerosis (MS) disease activity with both agents.
The study, called Betaseron vs Copaxone in MS with Triple-Dose Gadolinium and 3-T MRI Endpoints (BECOME), is the first investigator-initiated, ...
Read more : Betaseron v Copaxone | Views : 2185 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

TwistedHelix (Dom) is alive and well!

Dom suffered a massive computer failure but seems well on the way to recovery.

He's in the process of trying to get a new thisisms password so that he can login again.
Bob
Read more : TwistedHelix (Dom) is alive and well! | Views : 1246 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

histone deacetylase enzymes

Read more : histone deacetylase enzymes | Views : 1125 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Lyme Disease Cases Double

Interesting article on the increase in LD. this disease has many of the same symptoms of MS as it can affect the central nervous system; however, it can also affect the joints and muscles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19229511/from/RS.3/
Read more : Lyme Disease Cases Double | Views : 1972 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Frontiers conference

Dear all,

The UK MS Society is holding its MS Frontiers research conference today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday). It draws in the world's top MS researchers. One of my neuros is chairing a session and is to report back to me any key news / findings etc. In due course the various presentations will be published on the Society's website. The programme looked very interesting covering a range of issues including stem cells.

Ian

Gordon ...
Read more : MS Frontiers conference | Views : 987 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

New DNA findings

Interesting step on the road to understanding the genome.

The Wider View from a Detailed Focus

Sanger Institute Press Release -- A major study of the organization and regulation of the human genome published today changes our concept of how our genome works. The integrated study is an exhaustive analysis of 1% of the genome that, for the first time, gives an extensive view of genetic activity alongside the cellular machinery that allows DNA to ...
Read more : New DNA findings | Views : 900 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

cnto1275

Hi,
I was involved in clinical trial on CNTO1275 (centocor) and I should have had final mri in April of this year, but the doctor said me about premature end of the trial. She didn´t say me the reason and I didn´t ask, because I had too much to solve with the doctor that time. So finally, does anybody know, where to find any results of this trial please? I wasn´t successful in finding it ...
Read more : cnto1275 | Views : 1714 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221776 • Total topics 23029 • Total members 14552

Contact us | Terms of Service