It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:14 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Round 2 post

I say round 2 because I think my visit might be more than just a check up on the stents on my right side (my only ones). I will be greatly dissapointed if he says "everything looks great! We're not going back in". I don't imagine that will be the case, but here is the thread where I am going to post what he does decide to do with me next week. I hope more ...
Read more : Round 2 post | Views : 8872 | Replies : 66 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

ECTRIMS 2009

The 2009 ECTRIMS conference is wrapping up today. I went through the abstracts and will post those I found most interesting. There seem to be 3 categories of abstracts that were drawing my attention this time around, the topics are roughly:

1. early disease process
2. environment and genetics
3. clinical trial results.

Here are the early disease process abstracts with what I think are the interesting bits in bold:

Charcot Award Lecture
Friday, September ...
Read more : ECTRIMS 2009 | Views : 4348 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Rebif + Supplements

First-

If it's bad form to do this when I don't personally have MS, my bad, and I sincerely apologize.

However, my bride to be does have RRMS. About a year in. So hopefully that makes this OK.

Is there any known/good reason not to do certain supplements while on rebif?

The few I'm most concerned with are: Vitamin D, Resveritrol, and OPCs. Or, if you know of any others to look into that would ...
Read more : Rebif + Supplements | Views : 2413 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Rebif

Frontend for PubMed

For people who like to craw through medical databases this tool might be convenient:
http://gopubmed.com

--Frank
Read more : Frontend for PubMed | Views : 1383 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

question

It's awfully hard to stay "politically neutral" on a topic like "health care" that impacts those of us who hang out here. Are most of us in the same boat, though: insured at the moment but living in dread of when that could change?

Should I assume we're all pretty much singin' out of the same songbook when it comes to all these "plans" before the Congress--with a favorite we MUCH prefer above the rest? ...
Read more : question | Views : 3081 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

* Teriflunomide reduces cerebral lesions in Phase II trial *

* Teriflunomide reduces cerebral lesions in Phase II trial * Sanofi drug given as add-on therapy to interferon beta

LONDON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - Patients given an experimental multiple sclerosis tablet from Sanofi-Aventis (SASY.PA) showed a significant improvement compared to those on placebo in a mid-stage test, researchers said on Friday.

Teriflunomide, which was used as an add-on therapy to interferon beta in the Phase II clinical trial, is one of a number of MS ...

CCSVI - Aussie Action!

Hi All,

Just to let any Aussies out there know that Cure and I are on the hunt for vascular surgeons in Australia who might be prepared to become involved with CCSVI. We've got a few names who seem interested - 2 saw Dr Simka's presentation in Monaco and another knows Dr Dake.

Personally, timing is important - the sooner the better; especially with the long hot Australian summer not too far away.

Prof Zamboni ...
Read more : CCSVI - Aussie Action! | Views : 152993 | Replies : 851 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

NEW PAPER- venous blood flow and iron deposition in MS

Anomalous venous blood flow and iron deposition in multiple sclerosis

link to abstract

Ajay Vikram Singh1 and Paolo Zamboni2

1Department of Physics, European School of Molecular Medicine (SEMM), IFOM-IEO Campus, Centro Interdisciplinare Materiali e Interfacce Nanostrutturati (CIMAINA), University of Milan, Milan, Italy
2Vascular Diseases Center, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Correspondence: Professor P Zamboni, Director Vascular Diseases Center, University of Ferrara, Milan, Italy. E-mail: zmp@unife.it

Received 27 ...

awesome results

Genzyme Says Follow-up Data From Alemtuzumab Phase 2 Trial Continues To Show Lasting Benefits - Update
9/11/2009 1:32 PM ET

EnCana Revives Plan To Split Into Two Companies - Update
(RTTNews) - Friday, biotechnology company Genzyme Corp. (GENZ: News ) said that four-year follow-up data from its completed Phase 2 multiple sclerosis trial continued to show durable reductions in relapse rate and sustained accumulation of disability three years after the majority of patients received their ...
Read more : awesome results | Views : 7776 | Replies : 36 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Researchers Identify Two Genes as Potential Therapeutic Targ

Researchers Identify Two Genes as Potential Therapeutic Targets for Multiple
Sclerosis

ROCHESTER, Minn., Sept. 11 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A Mayo Clinic study has
found that two genes in mice were associated with good central nervous system
repair in multiple sclerosis (MS). These findings give researchers new hope
for developing more effective therapies for patients with MS and for
predicting MS patients' outcomes. This study will be presented at the Congress
of the European Committee for Treatment ...
Read more : Researchers Identify Two Genes as Potential Therapeutic Targ | Views : 3762 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242880 • Total topics 26657 • Total members 17829

Contact us | Terms of Service