It is currently Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:40 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Quick test for MS

This could be an interesting development: one of the big problems with MS has been a suspicion that the disease process begins years or even decades before symptoms show. If that is what happens, we could be missing crucial points where intervention might be possible, or which at least might give us a better understanding.
If this new test becomes commonplace it might become possible to check apparently healthy people, and therefore discover the true ...
Read more : Quick test for MS | Views : 1774 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Any Canadians on Betaseron?

Are there any Canadians here on Betaseron? If so, What format does your Betaseron come in - Syringe and vial or Betaject Lite Autoinjector?
Read more : Any Canadians on Betaseron? | Views : 3307 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Betaseron

Revimmune at JH?

Curious if anyone knows the details of why JH is no longer accepting patients. To many requests? Study is complete? Etc., etc., etc.? The Rush program is geared a bit differently and I have family close to Baltimore.
Thanks,
Lars
Read more : Revimmune at JH? | Views : 5649 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

New Job-ADA

Can a person be denied employment for disclosing their MS in a required medical exam after accepting a job offer?

Its my understanding that under the ADA a person can't be turned away once disclosing something like MS because any judgments have to made on their current condition...not what could happen down the road.

I couldn't find any threads about this topic!

Thanks for any input.
Read more : New Job-ADA | Views : 1261 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate not better than placebo

Its "just" in Athritis, but there might be some relevance for MS too, as Glucosamine might offer a potential future treatment for MS
In favour of the supplements it has been noticed that the placebo group had some hard to explain "clinically important reduction" in loss of cartilage.

Link

--Frank
Read more : Glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate not better than placebo | Views : 1966 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Not Specifically MS (ALS) but good for neurons

Sangamo BioSciences Initiates Phase 2 Clinical Trial of Treatment for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) ... SB-509 to be Evaluated in Repeat-Dosing Study in Subjects with AL...RICHMOND Calif. Sept. 3 /- SangamoBioScience...Sangamo's drug SB-509 is an injectable formulation of a plasmidenco...

emailDate:9/3/2008

SB-509 to be Evaluated in Repeat-Dosing Study in Subjects with ALS

RICHMOND, Calif., Sept. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sangamo BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGMO) announced today that it has opened a Phase 2 clinical trial (SB-509-801) ...
Read more : Not Specifically MS (ALS) but good for neurons | Views : 1856 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

New Rebif formulation Phase IIIb Results

I looked for a post of these, but couldn't find it here.

Results From IMPROVE Study Show Therapeutic Effect of New Formulation of Rebif(R) at 16 Weeks in Patients With Multiple Sclerosis
Date:9/21/2008

-- Study meets primary endpoint by demonstrating significant effect of new formulation of Rebif(R) on disease activity as measured by MRI after 16 weeks of treatment

-- Data presented at late-breaking session of the World Congress on

Treatment and Research in Multiple ...
Read more : New Rebif formulation Phase IIIb Results | Views : 2974 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hello from Ohio

Hello - I'm Rebecca and I'm from Ohio. After almost a decade, I've decided to re-investigate MS for my mom online. She's been on Avonex for about that long, but in the last couple of weeks, she's felt tingling where she hasn't felt it before. I'm interested in anything else that may help her or ease her suffering.
Read more : Hello from Ohio | Views : 1386 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Bee Venom and Avonex

Does anyone out there have experience with bee venom therapy while still taking Avonex? I've been researching this online and I've talked to a couple of people who use bee venom, but none with MS. Here's what I saw online:

Q: Can I do BVT in conjunction with taking conventional medications for MS?
A: Any medication will most likely slow the benefits seen using BVT. However, if you are taking a medication that cannot be ...
Read more : Bee Venom and Avonex | Views : 1371 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Natural Approach

Tovaxin phase II failure

Hi all. My name is Ed. I have a sister with MS and I was e-mailing Chris about HiCy when I mentioned to him that I was following Tovaxin also.

If we all take a step back from the emotion surrounding Tovaxin -- believe me, I carry my sister in my heart every single day -- the only rational conclusion you can come to is that Tovaxin, at best, does not work ("no statistical difference ...
Read more : Tovaxin phase II failure | Views : 5637 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232986 • Total topics 24953 • Total members 16089

Contact us | Terms of Service