It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:23 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A brand new year

I sit in reflection upon the new year and the old one going out the door.
Considering this message board as a safe haven of understanding, for we share a most common and unwelcome burden upon our lives, each unique and individual as the person facing the screen.

My last twelve months have consisted of learning. Learning what works, what doesn't and what to try next. It's difficult not to become overwhelmed and frustrated. Through ...
Read more : A brand new year | Views : 1470 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

wrist tendonitis?

Discuss. If you've had it, tell me about it. What helped, your general experience, etc etc?

Mine is probably due to computer overuse (I do a lot of writing and use computer for other day-to-day stuff as well), not helped by taking up archery, nor by the right-side weakness in general (neurological - but I think having weak muscles might strain the tendons more?).

Have googled a little bit and gotten some general tips (ice, ...
Read more : wrist tendonitis? | Views : 1338 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Campath trial

I got a phone call today from my neurologists office asking me if I'd be interested in this study. They are already approved as a trial site for the Campath/Rebif study. I go in on the 10th to see them and I've looked at info on the internet but is it really true that if you get Rebif while in the trial that it's covered cost wise? It's a question my husband asked me and ...
Read more : Campath trial | Views : 1836 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Does anyone out there have trigeminal neuralgia?? What are your treatments for it??

Thanks!
Read more : Trigeminal Neuralgia | Views : 2079 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Diagnosis

Hello

Can anyone tell me how they were initially diagnosed with ms, what were the symptoms?

I have been suffering with dizziness for about 2 weeks now. I thought it would be an ear infection but the doctor said it wasn't and did some blood tests which all came back normal. Would anything show up in blood tests?

I have no other symptoms other than dizzyness and a 'fuzzy head' The dizzyness is usually worse ...
Read more : Diagnosis | Views : 1883 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Introductions

Types of MS Pain..Please describe yours

I have the most HORRENDOUS time trying to explain the pain I feel with MS.

I have no idea why. I can explain a toothache, headache, backache, but cannot for the life of me explain the pain I feel with MS.

When I do I make no sense. I'm wondering what type of pain your MS causes you and how you best describe it.

Thank you to all :wink: ...
Read more : Types of MS Pain..Please describe yours | Views : 11751 | Replies : 84 | Forum : General Discussion

symptoms while recovering from HiCy?

My husband just finished HiCy, we will be 1 month out January 7th. He has had some of his old symptoms recently, namely heaviness in his leg and numbness in his arm. He also is vertigoish. Is this normal 'healing' or could this be reactivation? Anyone with similar experiences?
Read more : symptoms while recovering from HiCy? | Views : 1782 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Hormone link - wish I would have known.

I am writing this note because 20/20 is hindsight, and if what my experience is teachng me might help someone - I would be grateful.

I was diagnosed n 2005. My husband and I had two healty children. My Ms came on quickly and strong, but settled down and was responding well enough to copaxone when we decided to have our third child. I stopped all meds in mid 2007, and we concieved our baby ...
Read more : Hormone link - wish I would have known. | Views : 2192 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Strange reaction - from the Copax?

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. About a 1 1/2 weeks ago (Wednesday night) I did my Copaxone injection manually in my left hip. The site was sore, but by the next day, it was fine. Thursday and Friday I didn't feel anything there. But starting Saturday afternoon, my hip go very tender and I noticed some swelling in my left groin, which was tender also. I went to my primary care ...
Read more : Strange reaction - from the Copax? | Views : 3287 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Copaxone

Need Help

My wife is in the hospital in a small city with meningitis apparently contracted through her MS baclofen pump. The pump was surgically removed and she is being treated for bacterial meningitis, although they can't grow a culture. Their baclofen withdrawal plan seems very funny to me. She has had a small brain infarct and her kidneys are failing from the antibiotic. She is cycling through different awareness presentations every day.

Question: does anyone know ...
Read more : Need Help | Views : 1253 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 234321 • Total topics 25198 • Total members 16416

Contact us | Terms of Service