It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:16 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

NIH

Hey everyone.

For the past year, I've been part of an MS screening protocol at NIH--I go a couple of times a year for MRIs, exams and to pester the very nice neuro there with my questions. This time I came armed with Zamboni et al. I was worried she would shut me right down--but in fact, she was familiar with the study and said they are watching it with interest and had even gone ...
Read more : NIH | Views : 4135 | Replies : 32 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

question

I am going for a Stem cell transplant next week. I have been on Lipitor for at least 4 years, to decrease the inflammation in my brain (and decrease my CRP) My question is , should I stop it so that the stem cells recognize where there is inflammation and damage?
Read more : question | Views : 3675 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Statins

Old MSer - New to This is MS

I don't know how I could have been all these years on the Net, always surfing for interesting MS sites and still missed this one!
I've been lurking a couple of months now and I've been quite impressed with the knowledgeable posts.
But first to introduce myself: I am female, 53 y.o., married, dx'd in 1989 but by retroactive admission, I have had MS since 1974. By the time I was dx'd, I had already ...
Read more : Old MSer - New to This is MS | Views : 1842 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Introductions

Clinical study

I was recently diagnosed with MS-lesions on MRI--one CIS-which affected my left eye over several weeks--I have been offered the opportunity to participate in the teraflunomide study--can someone tell me what exactly do they test you for prior to being accepted and during? I understand that they will be checking for changes in RBC, WBC, liver enzymes etc. but what else are they checking?
Read more : Clinical study | Views : 2917 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Aubagio (teriflunomide)

Tysabri and sunburn?

Morning all,

so I've read about the possible link of Tysabri and melanoma (which is just fantastic * note the sarcasm), but is there any link between it and sunburn? I'm VERY fair skinned and am used to the sun being the devil.....

But I was out on Tuesday (wearing SPF 45) and i got a really bad burn on my chest/neck. I was only outside for 2 hours!! It's just very odd as the ...
Read more : Tysabri and sunburn? | Views : 2205 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Hi everyone.

:)
Read more : Hi everyone. | Views : 5349 | Replies : 38 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

I can sunbathe now!

Just wanted to share some good news! I have been taking LDN (4.5mg) for about 3 months and I'm very pleased with it (tho it's too soon to tell about progression yet). So far my energy is better, I need less sleep and most surprisingly of all I can enjoy the sunshine. For the last 20 years I have been dreading the summer as the sunlight made me feel so unwell but this year I ...
Read more : I can sunbathe now! | Views : 2396 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Smoking speeds MS progression

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Multiple sclerosis (MS) patients who smoke have a speedier progression of the disease, a new study in the Archives of Neurology suggests.

Dr. Alberto Ascherio of the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston and his colleagues also found that smokers with MS were more likely to have the progressive form of the disease, in which symptoms steadily get worse, rather than the relapsing-remitting form, in which a person has ...
Read more : Smoking speeds MS progression | Views : 4507 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

...oh, it's a bit scary

Hi there
I started 600 mg NAC last week and started to feel very strange (chesty, sinus pain,nausea,headache) then since increasing to 1200mg two days ago my heart has started really pounding and I seem to be getting a fluctuating flare-up of a whole bunch of old MS symptoms.

From the bits I've read on the forum so far I expected something of a reaction but does this sound normal - I could use a ...
Read more : ...oh, it's a bit scary | Views : 1884 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Prayers for D and some thoughts...

Jeff just spoke to our neighbor and dear friend. Our mutual friend/mom of our son's friend is having her surgery today. D was "out of wait" (as so beautifully expressed by Marie.) At 40, she was wheelchair bound and raising her son on her own. She went up to Stanford with her sister and had multiple blockages. We'll get the story later, but for those who pray, please keep D in your thoughts today.

Do ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240207 • Total topics 26244 • Total members 17484

Contact us | Terms of Service