It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:17 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

You're making it up

One of the MS websites I visit lists the top 20 news articles on that day which refer to MS. The usual story is about a new treatment. Today, half of the news articles had included the name Bin Laden in the title. Could terrorism and MS be linked?

The story is a 51 year old, five time married, British grandmother with MS who has married the 27 year old son of Bin Laden.

Must ...
Read more : You're making it up | Views : 1684 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

human endogenous retrovirus

More interesting info...

The human endogenous retrovirus envelope glycoprotein, syncytin-1, regulates neuroinflammation and its receptor expression in multiple sclerosis: a role for endoplasmic reticulum chaperones in astrocytes.

J Immunol. 2007 Jul 15;179(2):1210-24.
Antony JM, Ellestad KK, Hammond R, Imaizumi K, Mallet F, Warren KG, Power C.
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada;

Retroviral envelopes are pathogenic glycoproteins which cause neuroinflammation, neurodegeneration, and endoplasmic reticulum stress responses. The human endogenous retrovirus (HERV-W) ...
Read more : human endogenous retrovirus | Views : 1225 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Society in Australia TV Show

The following page has downloadable and viewable episodes of a TV show on MS, presented on a public broadcast channel here in Australia. Its a series, so every week they release a new one. I think there may be 12 in total, and about 6 are available now.

A lot of it is about the services offered by the MS Society in Australia. The "presenter" himself has MS, and during the filming of one of ...
Read more : MS Society in Australia TV Show | Views : 1132 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Dilemma

I've been offered a good job with a large organization that has full benefits, yet I am struggling with the decision whether to accept or not. I also have an opportunity to join a small start up company that I find to be a lot of fun (same kind of work, just different environment). This start up may offer benefits in the future, but it is uncertain and not something that is available right now. ...
Read more : Dilemma | Views : 2080 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

MSCs

Read more : MSCs | Views : 1618 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

ABX, pregnancy and possible MS

Hello!

I have read many months in this forum, that gives me a lot of hope. About me: female, 31 years old, I started to have ongoing weird neurological symptoms in September/October/November 2006: tingeling and burning sensations in hands, legs and right side of the face, problems with balance, weakness in my left arm and leg, eye pain, weak voice, brain fog. I was lucky to find a nice neurologist right from the start. He ...
Read more : ABX, pregnancy and possible MS | Views : 1682 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Antibiotics

Sorry for ignorance,just curious to know if any1 can relate?

Hi all My name is Eva.....

Im not diagnosed with anything as too scared to see GP, but heres whats going on with me..

I have recently given birth (11 months ago) to my second child and feel like my body is out to get me. When I googled my symptoms i was thrown into looking at these boards and can relate to a good few symptoms. Im pretty concerned about my health as of ...
Read more : Sorry for ignorance,just curious to know if any1 can relate? | Views : 1464 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Flaxseed oil

My local health food shop do not refrigerate their flax seed oil.

Is it likely to be an oxidized and therefore compromised product?

Thanks
Read more : Flaxseed oil | Views : 6058 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Diet

Peptides and Re-Tests / Trials

I was wondering, Opexa have made major improvements on the efficacy of Tovaxin by increasing the number of "Peptides" used, to identify MRTC's. In each case, they did not appear to be required to go back to Phase I trials.

Does this mean, that after it has gone through Phase III, they will be able to improve the process by increasing the number of Peptides without needing to go through the 3 phases of trial ...
Read more : Peptides and Re-Tests / Trials | Views : 4397 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

religion

What i love about MS is that it's like religion, you can believe what ever you want because no one really knows..
Read more : religion | Views : 1395 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222272 • Total topics 23085 • Total members 14614

Contact us | Terms of Service