It is currently Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:00 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

neuropsychology ques.

Has anyone been evaluated by a neuropsychologist?? Why has it been recommended at this time? What are they looking for? what can I use the results for??
I know I'm not function ing anywhere near 'my old self' so it's way too late to have a baseline study.
Are they looking for markers that can be used to gauge disease advancement?
I always thought it was the 1st step in the SS process, makes me ...
Read more : neuropsychology ques. | Views : 1326 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

AAN Abstracts for April Meeting

Hi all

The American Academy of Neurology (AAN) abstracts for the April meeting are up and not embargoed. :) The general web site is here. Some that quickly caught my eye (and there are lots of them) that might be of interest.

Examining the Association between High-Density Lipoprotein Levels and Disability in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis
CONCLUSIONS/RELEVANCE: The results of this study demonstrate a significant ...
Read more : AAN Abstracts for April Meeting | Views : 3079 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Question????

After doing ALOT of reading, it seems to me that I am changing my mind on what drugs to start on. I figured I would get a few opinions from ya'll. Now when the doctor was giving me a choice, I dont remember LDN being one of them. However, I have (I think) narrowed my choices down to two from copaxone, and they are:
1. LDN & Lipitor (statins)
2. Avonex
3. Rebif

I know ...
Read more : Question???? | Views : 1516 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

Alot of kids

I just wanted to rant a bit about how much this irritates me. It is just me blowing of steam and nothing more.

Last month I noticed this growing trend or maybe it has been around for some time and I never really noticed it. Now that I have, it really irks me, a lot. It's the over use of the word "lot" or worse the use of "alot" which, by the way, isn't a ...
Read more : Alot of kids | Views : 1483 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

finally OUT part 1

Well the fine folks at Genzyme have given me the boot. I am apparently not treatment naive because of the 28 days I was in the open label with Tovaxin and I am not eligible for Care 2 because I wasn't on treatment??? The clinical Neuro went to bat for me and still, NO. The only thing more frustrating than MS is trying to find a useful treatment for it. I would like to once ...
Read more : finally OUT part 1 | Views : 2031 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

ESR raised

Hi
Has anyone had a raised ESR level during an excerbation?

L
Read more : ESR raised | Views : 2092 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

*FINALLY!!* - I have my new appointment dates.

I see Dr. Kerr on July 29th and Dr. Brodsky on August 4th.

I picked summer dates because I will be in school until the end of May.

Thanks, Chris (and everybody else) for encouraging me to be persistent!!

XO,
Me
:D

An interasting blog about betaseron

An interesting blog about betaseron and the possible side effects.

http://truthliesbetrayal.blogspot.com/
Read more : An interasting blog about betaseron | Views : 3771 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Betaseron

Epstein Barr and Immune ablation

Hello!
We'd always known that EBV was implicated in contracting the illness but now there's good evidence to show that it contibutes to the severity of progression:
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... pageid=707 - the article 'Epstein-Barr virus may be associated with progression of multiple sclerosis '

I had to sign up and see what people thought - does the fact that EBV lay dormant in B cells explain why Revimmune (cyclophosphamide) ...
Read more : Epstein Barr and Immune ablation | Views : 3205 | Replies : 23 | Forum : General Discussion

sodium channel blockers for SPMS

http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/ab ... uppl_3/S22

Anyone heard of this? isn't this bascialy medication to treat hypertension?
Read more : sodium channel blockers for SPMS | Views : 1420 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235784 • Total topics 25510 • Total members 16796

Contact us | Terms of Service