It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:11 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Insulin Resistance and MS ??

I'm curious if others here with MS also have Insulin Resistance. I have it really bad and whenever i eat junk food/ fast food or high carbs my MS really flares up worse. When i tell my neuro this he says that diet has nothing to do with my MS but i'm wondering.

Read more : Insulin Resistance and MS ?? | Views : 5310 | Replies : 27 | Forum : General Discussion

Hormones, HPG axis- For Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Wanted your wisdom and input....

We had my husband do a saliva hormone test, recommended by a holistic doc who is a good friend. Jeff has been taking DHEA supplements (50mg) daily, so his DHEA was slightly elevated, but what really surprised my friend were his levels of lutenizing hormone and follicle stimulating the charts. His levels were 10x normal. Usually these high numbers signal infertility and testicular failure.

But Jeff's testosterone ...
Read more : Hormones, HPG axis- For Sharon | Views : 1529 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Interesting drug in Alzheimer's trials

I think this drug is interesting because it is an anti-allergy pill that's been approved in Russia for around 20 years, it is neuroprotective and entering phase 3 trials in alzheimer's.

From Medivation's (the sponsor company) website:

Dimebon is an orally-available, small molecule that has been shown to inhibit brain cell death in preclinical models relevant to Alzheimer’s disease and Huntington’s disease, making it a potential treatment for these and other neurodegenerative diseases. Based on ...
Read more : Interesting drug in Alzheimer's trials | Views : 1930 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Another trial

This sounds good, the more trial evidence the better.
Read more : Another trial | Views : 2363 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

RRMS dx received

I finally (after more messing around than I can be bothered to type) got an MS dx today. Am feeling remarkably cheerful despite this because I finally have some answers.

Because the doctor I was supposed to see was out I need to back another time to discuss any meds so at today I just got the dx and had a few q's answered.
Read more : RRMS dx received | Views : 1905 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone marrow trial in Kentucky

If someone on here tries this and it is a success you owe me a $100 (that's fair isn't it?)

Read more : Bone marrow trial in Kentucky | Views : 1772 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Stem Cells

An update from AAN on the BHT-3009 phase 2a trial...not bad, not great...

Bayhill Therapeutics Presents Data From a Phase II Trial of BHT-3009 in Multiple Sclerosis at American Academy of Neurology 60th Annual Meeting - Bayhill Therapeutics, Inc. today announced that the Company's co-founder and Vice President of Research, Hideki Garren, M.D., Ph.D., gave a podium presentation at the American Academy of Neurology 60th Annual Meeting (AAN) ...
Read more : BHT-3009 | Views : 1369 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Pork Plant update

Call me crazy...but I'm hoping that this situation will lead to further understanding of MS. Still more pork plant workers are contracting this brand new type of inflammatory neuropathy. A unique pattern of antibodies has been found in all the workers. ... essupdate/

New details on the neurological illness that has affected workers at several pork processing plants will be presented at the American Academy of Neurology’s 60th ...
Read more : Pork Plant update | Views : 1329 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

CRABS- the drugs not the bugs

What do you think is the rough number of the people using any of the CRAB drugs world wide for their MS?
Read more : CRABS- the drugs not the bugs | Views : 3422 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

pressure sores, WC bound

Well, what can be done to reduce the pressure from sitting on your bum all day... when "moving around" is not an option?? :roll:
Read more : pressure sores, WC bound | Views : 1988 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228580 • Total topics 24183 • Total members 15474

Contact us | Terms of Service