It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:17 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

toxicity in the womb

There seems to be a drought of MS-specific stories at the moment, but I thought this raised an interesting possibility: that environmental toxins could play havoc with our immune systems before we're even born...

Prenatal toxicity linked to immune dysfunctions in later life
A Cornell researcher and his wife have conducted the first comprehensive review of later-life diseases that develop in people who were exposed to environmental toxins or drugs either in the womb or ...
Read more : toxicity in the womb | Views : 1094 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Oral treatments

Digan has kindly offered to pay the $16,000 for this publication

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j918859901&w=464753
Read more : Oral treatments | Views : 1475 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

First injection of Tovaxin?/placebo

Hi again everybody. Well, my much delayed first injection happened yesterday. I was a bit discouraged at first since I saw absolutely no site reaction on either arm. But my wife comforted me with her words that "God knows what's best for you" which I know is true and that we just need to continue trusting in Him. My next injection is scheduled for the end of this month. I wish everyone better health, both ...
Read more : First injection of Tovaxin?/placebo | Views : 2771 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Support Growing for SSDI/SSI Reform

Following please find my editorial that is being published next week in the Access Press newspaper in Minnesota which addresses disability issues. A full page story is also being published this month in the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation's magazine, MSFocus, as well as in the Accelerated Cure project's next newsletter, and in the June issue of New Mobility Magazine.

The changes I am proposing have the potential to actually save tax dollars while extending much needed ...
Read more : Support Growing for SSDI/SSI Reform | Views : 1058 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Mitoxantrone + Copaxone

I think this combo is in trials. It is an approach being examined at a neurological clinic in Liverpool, England.

COPAXONE(R) Treatment over Two Years after Short Term Induction with Mitoxantrone Provided Sustained Benefits to Active Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Patients 04 May 2007

Increased Efficacy on MRI and Clinical Outcomes Achieved at 15 Months Was Sustained for 24 Months in Follow-up Study.

New data have demonstrated that relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) patients treated with ...
Read more : Mitoxantrone + Copaxone | Views : 1087 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Hi I'm new from the UK

Hi there everyone,

I am new here. I was directed to this website from MSRC for realistic views on DMD's. I was dx in Feb 2007 after quite a bad relapse. As others have said many websites sit on the fence with some of the information they give, and as MS is a life changing event, it is helpful to see the good and the bad in the disease from fellow MSer's with millions of ...
Read more : Hi I'm new from the UK | Views : 1404 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Drug info

For those of you who like to know about the meds you are taking (especially off label), the following web site contains a wealth of info, and has a free trial period.

http://www.medicinescomplete.com/mc/
Read more : Drug info | Views : 977 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Natalizumab in multiple sclerosis: unclear patient benefits

* Schipper JP.

Ziekenhuis Bethesda, afd. Neurologie, Dr.G.H.Amshoffweg i, 7909 AA Hoogeveen. schipper.j@bethesda.nl

Two large randomised clinical trials were published in March 2006 that evaluated the effect of natalizumab on the incidence of disease exacerbation in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). Both trials showed that natalizumab reduces the incidence of MS exacerbations, but it is unclear whether patients ultimately benefited ...
Read more : Natalizumab in multiple sclerosis: unclear patient benefits | Views : 1083 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Still no evidence on the efficacy of immunomodulatory therap

Still no evidence on the efficacy of immunomodulatory therapy in reducing functional impairment in multiple sclerosis

* Vermeulen M.

Academisch Medisch Centrum/Universiteit van Amsterdam, afd. Neurologie, Postbus 22.660, II00 DD Amsterdam.. m.vermeulen@amc.uva.nl

Immunomodulatory therapy reduces the rate of relapse in multiple sclerosis (MS) by 30% in the first year of treatment; the effect in the second year is uncertain. Relapse is caused by the effects of inflammation ...
Read more : Still no evidence on the efficacy of immunomodulatory therap | Views : 1072 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

MBP8298 trial for RRMS

Another hurdle jumped for MBP8298

BioMS Medical completes patient recruitment in MINDSET-01 phase II relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis trial

May 3 - CNW - BioMS Medical today announced that it has completed patient recruitment in its phase II clinical trial of MBP8298 for the treatment of relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS). The trial, named MINDSET-01, includes approximately 215 patients, and is being conducted at 24 trial sites in six countries across Europe.

"Reaching full recruitment in our relapsing-remitting ...
Read more : MBP8298 trial for RRMS | Views : 1180 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220787 • Total topics 22876 • Total members 14447

Contact us | Terms of Service