It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:46 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Research

WARNING - For those who have issues with the NMSS please don't read any further.

Dear all,

The NMSS is pumping a vast amount of $s into MS research. I have had good impressions of the NMSS having had correspondence with their head and their director of research. The NMSS also is happy to fund overseas researchers such as one of my neuros, Prof Giovannoni, and other top dogs at Cambridge.

Here is a list ...
Read more : Research | Views : 3946 | Replies : 46 | Forum : General Discussion

a new twist for LC!

okay lc get ready for your mind to explode.

you know how your doc said there is no medicine to lower insulin? but then it turns out naltrexone does it? okay here's how you can also help your body from cranking it out - using dietary measures, which apparently also don't exist, whatever...

so here we go. this is an introductory excerpt from a little read that really freaked me out:

http://www.rense.com/general67/msg.htm

MSG - The ...
Read more : a new twist for LC! | Views : 1088 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Genes / environment interaction

The term genes / environment interaction seems to be the buzz phrase at the moment. Here is another Canadian researcher looking at the issue. Professor Ebers is another Canadian MS researcher looking at genes - his project which is being funded by the UK MS Society should finish at the end of the year. Details in the link provided below this article.

Ian

Scientist outlines genetics, MS link

As a teenager, Dessa Sadovnick screened ...
Read more : Genes / environment interaction | Views : 741 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

IL-23

Gene Could Point to Crohn's, Colitis Treatments

By Ed Edelson
HealthDay Reporter

THURSDAY, Oct. 26 (HealthDay News) -- A newly discovered gene may help protect carriers against Crohn's disease and colitis, inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs) that affect an estimated one million Americans, researchers say.

The gene produces a protein that's key to a cellular receptor for interleukin-23 (IL-23), a protein involved in the body's inflammatory processes, explains a report published in the Oct. 27 issue ...
Read more : IL-23 | Views : 811 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

new job

so i finally got a job in australia, just weeks before i'm due to leave :roll: - a part time one with an agency so i can say yes or no to whichever jobs come up.

the agency is on campus and it's called eco-jobs and mostly it involves going into natural areas (spiders, snakes and all) and weeding out all the invasive plants, some toxic, ...
Read more : new job | Views : 1472 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Daily Life

Recent research

This is some recently published research that looks at the possible mechanism of what happens when Tysabri is used. Interesting to say the least.

Harry

Vol. 63 No. 10, October 2006
Arch Neurol. 2006;63:1383-1387.

Altered CD4+/CD8+ T-Cell Ratios in Cerebrospinal Fluid of Natalizumab-Treated Patients With Multiple Sclerosis

Background Treatment with natalizumab, a monoclonal antibody against the adhesion molecule very late activation antigen 4, an 41 integrin, was recently associated with the development of progressive ...
Read more : Recent research | Views : 4799 | Replies : 28 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Hi all

Just found this site surfing, looks like a good find. 46 F with RRMS. Doing the Avonex thing. To be honest, I hate giving myself shots (hands are numb & ackward) and I don't know how long I will be able to force myself to keep it up. For awhile there I had the excuse of not being able to afford it but God was kind (?) and that problem not an issue at this ...
Read more : Hi all | Views : 1456 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Introductions

Fatigue drug

MultiCell Establishes Clinical Development Team to Lead UK Phase IIb Human Clinical Trials for MCT-125 for the Treatment of Fatigue in MS Patients

MultiCell Technologies, Inc, a developer of therapeutics for the treatment of degenerative neurological diseases, metabolic and endocrinological disorders, and infectious diseases, has established the clinical development team that will spearhead the next phase of human clinical trials to further evaluate the Company's lead drug candidate MCT-125 for the treatment of the ...
Read more : Fatigue drug | Views : 1135 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Fatigue is making me crazy

Hi Folks:

Could someone tell me if my MS fatigue is typical?

I have ppms and my left side slowly stopped working over 6 years. Now I wear a brace and I can walk. Some days I feel pretty good, so I go out. Nothing strenuous mind you, just a drive to a store and some walking, maybe lunch. If I’m still feeling good I might run another errand.

BUT (and here’s the part I ...
Read more : Fatigue is making me crazy | Views : 4748 | Replies : 23 | Forum : Daily Life

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 216470 • Total topics 22115 • Total members 13908