It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:22 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Strange study

I was looking for the full text of a study about birth monthe related effects in MS (hypothesis about sun exposure during pregnancy), and I found a strange abstract from the same author : "Origins of magic: review of genetic and epigenetic effects". After googlization, I found the full text :

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/335/7633/1299

Quite funny, but I hope no medical resarch funding has been granted for this...
Read more : Strange study | Views : 1385 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Professional and personal dental care is required to keep te

Personal dental care is very essential. If normal brushing is not done properly, bacterial plaque builds up.

Dental plaque is a soft, sticky, colorless film of bacteria that is formed on the teeth. The bacteria multiply rapidly in this film and can cause infections. The dental plaque has to be removed within 10-14 hours by brushing or else it hardens to form calculus or tartar. Once formed, calculus cannot be removed by normal brushing but ...
Read more : Professional and personal dental care is required to keep te | Views : 1161 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Where to buy Rebif?

We are going out of pocket to purchase Rebif 44mcg. We haven't had much luck locally. Can anyone recommend a place to purchase Rebif? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Read more : Where to buy Rebif? | Views : 4514 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Rebif

Did you ever suspect....?

Just curious, if anyone else ever suspected they had MS long before their dx? I was dx when I was 45 years old but I questioned it as far back as 35. I can't even remember why but I can remember thinking "do I have MS?" and "no, you'd be way sicker, don't be a hypocondriac!". Just wondering.... :?
Read more : Did you ever suspect....? | Views : 3552 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

CIS and spinal tap and fatigue

Early last year I had 2 events about 1 month apart, each followed by new MS type symptoms. MRIs following each event showed a new lesion in the brain. Almost a year out, the MRIs show no new activity and I haven't experienced new symptoms. A stong course of steroids knocked out most symptoms about half a year ago, though I've had lingering fatigue, which has at times been significant.
2 questions:
1)CIS and testing ...
Read more : CIS and spinal tap and fatigue | Views : 1585 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Revimmune for PPMS?

Hi

It's been a long time since I posted on this forum. I keep a very close eye on everything about Revimmune but could not find anything about this drug for PPMS. Do you think it is an option? Ahh, it would be so nice to have finally something against this form. I know that the current trial accepts PPMS too. But just want to know if someone had it before and saw/sees good results. ...
Read more : Revimmune for PPMS? | Views : 3554 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Looking for new ideas about spasticity

Hi,
My husband has rather bad spastisty in the legs and probably bladder...has issues there anyhow. He does not want to take the Baclofen, because he can't afford to be any weaker or more tired at work...plus he just doesn't like the idea of taking separate pills for everything and having to worry about what's a symptom, what's a side-effect, and what he needs to avoid when taking them...
He is also not interested in ...
Read more : Looking for new ideas about spasticity | Views : 4958 | Replies : 31 | Forum : General Discussion

Mix and match Glucosamine

I now have a stock pile of n-acetyl and a 250 pill bottle glucosamine chondroitin (triple strength 750/600).

I haven't taken the n-acetyl for two days because I'm going to try the off-on method.

This morning I tried a triple strengh chondroitin on a mostly empty stomach and at first I had, what felt like, serious side effects. My entire body was vibrating and every time I started to fall back to sleep I would ...
Read more : Mix and match Glucosamine | Views : 1468 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Natural Approach

Brain says to spine 'heal thyself': study

Here is an interesting article. Happy New Year to all of you!!!!

beyondms

Brain says to spine 'heal thyself': study

by Marlowe Hood1 hour, 29 minutes ago

Tiny nerves crisscrossing the spine can bypass crippling injuries recently written off as irreversible, scientists reported in a study published Monday.

Experiments conducted on mice at the University of California in Los Angeles showed for the first time that the central nervous system can rewire itself to create ...
Read more : Brain says to spine 'heal thyself': study | Views : 1740 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226241 • Total topics 23792 • Total members 15094

Contact us | Terms of Service