It is currently Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:29 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

A preclinical - but looks interesting as focuses on repair ... 0&w=464753
Read more : Neuroblastin | Views : 1788 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

I'm being bad

I decided to stop taking my Rebif. Tonight will be my first missed shot. :twisted:

My neuro wanted me to go for three more months, and I've lasted two. Screw it, I have a crazy month ahead of me work-wise, I am d.o.n.e.

I packed up my auto injector and supplies and stuffed them in the very back of my closet. I truly hope to never ...
Read more : I'm being bad | Views : 3028 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Rebif

ThisIsMS Forums FAQ

I've decided to start a FAQ thread for common questions related to using the forums here at ThisIsMS. If you have a question or suggestion, then please PM me. I would be happy to hear from any of the members of the ThisIsMS community.

Read more : ThisIsMS Forums FAQ | Views : 19408 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Site Support

$15 million for MS Research on the line

The U.S. Department of Defense and its ridiculously humongous budget may actually be put to some good :)

"Now is the time to pursue MS research in the CDMRP for fiscal year 2009. This program is funded annually through the Department of Defense (DoD) appropriations bill. Last year, your efforts influenced Congress to include MS and for the first time it became one of the areas ...
Read more : $15 million for MS Research on the line | Views : 1356 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Opexa News

I suppose this is to be expected for a company without a retail product undergoing an expensive R & D process with its lead candidate.

Opexa Therapeutics 4Q Loss Widens
Opexa Therapeutics' 4th-Quarter Loss Widens on Higher Research and Development Costs
March 18, 2008: 09:22 AM EST

NEW YORK (Associated Press) - Biotechnology company Opexa Therapeutics Inc. said Tuesday its 2007 loss widened on higher research and development expenses.

The company lost $14.7 million, or ...
Read more : Opexa News | Views : 11966 | Replies : 61 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Peptide Copolymer Study Completed For Multiple Sclerosis Treatment - Disease

Written on March 21, 2008 – 11:59 pm | by admin

Peptimmune has completed its first clinical trial to evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of PI-2301, a novel peptide copolymer for the treatment of multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases.

The Phase I single ascending dose, double blind placebo controlled randomized study involved 56 healthy volunteers who received the drug in eight escalating ...
Read more : PI-2301 | Views : 1844 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Onset of ON?

Over the past month or so I have noticed that when I close my eyes especially when I lay down at night I have excessively more spots of flashing lights. Does anyone think this is an indication that it may someday progress to ON? Are the MRTC's attacking my optic nerve? I am in the Tovaxin study and IF I was on the real thing I haven't been dosed for over 6 months if I ...
Read more : Onset of ON? | Views : 1033 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Your wildest imagination

I'm going to step out on a limb here and ask a silly question. We all think about MS and its possible causes a lot, I presume. My question:

What has entered your mind as a possible cause or factor that seems too crazy to mention?

I can give two. (remember, I'm stepping out on a limb, here)

1. Childhood stress with resulting shrinking of the hippocampus

2. Nasal administration of drugs. (illegal, vaccinations, over-the-counter) ...
Read more : Your wildest imagination | Views : 4126 | Replies : 28 | Forum : General Discussion

Analogy for first step in research action plan: find cause

For lack of a better place to post this, I put it here under General Discussion.

I still think the FIRST step in solving a problem must be to know the CAUSE of the problem.

In discussion the other day my husband gave this brilliant (in my opinion) analogy: MS research is like a person having his car towed in to a repair shop and saying, "My car is broken; it doesn't work."

And one ...
Read more : Analogy for first step in research action plan: find cause | Views : 1470 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Up all night

Last night like many many many and did i say many nights before i awoke around two oclock like someone had just slammed a door. this happens every night. i go to bed around 9 or 10 and even take lunesta. i am sick of not getting to sleep late. o how i long for the days when i could sleep till 9 am . this sucks. it has been going on for about a ...
Read more : Up all night | Views : 6007 | Replies : 64 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227807 • Total topics 24078 • Total members 15413

Contact us | Terms of Service