It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:35 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Flaxseed oil

My local health food shop do not refrigerate their flax seed oil.

Is it likely to be an oxidized and therefore compromised product?

Thanks
Read more : Flaxseed oil | Views : 6058 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Diet

Peptides and Re-Tests / Trials

I was wondering, Opexa have made major improvements on the efficacy of Tovaxin by increasing the number of "Peptides" used, to identify MRTC's. In each case, they did not appear to be required to go back to Phase I trials.

Does this mean, that after it has gone through Phase III, they will be able to improve the process by increasing the number of Peptides without needing to go through the 3 phases of trial ...
Read more : Peptides and Re-Tests / Trials | Views : 4398 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

religion

What i love about MS is that it's like religion, you can believe what ever you want because no one really knows..
Read more : religion | Views : 1396 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Daily Life

Survey on Adjustment to Multiple Sclerosis

Hi,

I'm a Master's student in Health Psychology at the University of Southampton in the UK. I'm researching adjustment to multiple sclerosis. The aim of the study is the development of a new scale '' the Multiple Sclerosis Adjustment Scale (MSAS) '' for assessing the process of adjustment in people with multiple sclerosis. We are trying to understand better how people with multiple sclerosis attempt to adjust to the challenges of their illness. The study ...
Read more : Survey on Adjustment to Multiple Sclerosis | Views : 2743 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Discussion

Can doctors really predict a persons course of ms?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for my crystal ball questions but unfortunately i can't switch off the "continuously thinking about ms button" :roll:

I have been told by my neuro that they can get a better idea of what a person's ms will do after observing what happens in the first 5-10 years.
I have also read that this may be an indiction of how benign/aggressive your ms ...
Read more : Can doctors really predict a persons course of ms? | Views : 3255 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

Regulatory T cells in microbial infection.

http://tinyurl.com/34sets

I have no idea what they're saying but I like the way they say it! :lol:
Bob
Read more : Regulatory T cells in microbial infection. | Views : 983 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

The Three (Yes – Three) Stages of MS

The Three (Yes – Three) Stages of MS

By Ashton Embry

Many people think MS has two stages: relapsing remitting (R-R MS) and
secondary progressive (SPMS). I see the MS disease process as having
three distinct stages. The often-ignored and perhaps most critical stage of MS is the first one which can be called pre-clinical MS (PCMS).

The First Stage of MS - Pre-Clinical MS – A Time Bomb Which Explodes Years Later

The MS ...
Read more : The Three (Yes – Three) Stages of MS | Views : 1897 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

progress! ...?

well, i have officially (sort of) made it back to a place i was at mid 2005, before all this crap started happening!

spring 2005 i was working on the requirements for lifeguard certification, just for something to work towards in the pool. never was a particularly strong swimmer.

at that time i succeeded in swimming the 600m in 18 minutes once, but then work and school started eating at my schedule and so much ...
Read more : progress! ...? | Views : 3158 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Daily Life

Fibrinogen prevents repair of neurons

I think Fibrinogen has been mentioned before, but here is a new report about how it prevents neurons from regrowing after damage:

Public release date: 3-Jul-2007

ddkain@ucsd.edu
619-543-6163
University of California - San Diego

Blood clotting protein may inhibit spinal cord regeneration
Fibrinogen, a blood-clotting protein found in circulating blood, has been found to inhibit the growth ...
Read more : Fibrinogen prevents repair of neurons | Views : 1068 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Another joke

Two men, one American and an Indian were sitting in a bar drinking shot after shot.

The Indian man said to the American, "You know my parents are forcing me to get married to this so called homely girl from a village whom I haven't even met once." We call this arranged marriage.

I don't want to marry a woman whom I don't love... I told them that openly and now have a hell lot ...
Read more : Another joke | Views : 1849 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Humor

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222309 • Total topics 23088 • Total members 14618

Contact us | Terms of Service