It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:24 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Texas Heat!

Texas Heat

Dear Diary

Just moved to Texas! Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th:
Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper. ...
Read more : Texas Heat! | Views : 2099 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Humor

Cost

Hey all, I am curious what the costs are for the tests and then the procedure. Also, are you guys using insurance on this?
Read more : Cost | Views : 5399 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Daclizumab is going to advance to phase-III

Facet Biotech announces Daclizumab program in Multiple Sclerosis to advance

Facet Biotech Corporation announced its decision, along with its partner Biogen Idec, to continue planning for the phase 3 trial of daclizumab high-yield process (DAC HYP) in multiple sclerosis (MS). The company plans to request a Special Protocol Assessment from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) prior to the initiation of this study. The companies expect to start the phase 3 trial during ...
Read more : Daclizumab is going to advance to phase-III | Views : 1998 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

educational conferrence...

I was hoping for some input.
i will be taking part in an educational conference for MSerrs.
We've got a couple of speakers lined up, nutritionist, neurologist, exercise pro....but I was wondering what topic you would like to see a presentation about. i have options like CAM, social services (negotiating ins issues etc), safety issues..(like fall proofing your home). Choosing a healthcare team...

What would you guys like to see discussed...? I want this to ...
Read more : educational conferrence... | Views : 1214 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Stent Material

Does anyone know the type of material that the stents are made of that Dr Dake uses, and if they are x-ray and MRI compatible?
Read more : Stent Material | Views : 1765 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Pushing into October for surgery

I just talked to Alex. They are already pushing into October for scheduling the testing/surgery. So Dake read my file in just a few hours after receiving it but I guess there are so many people now calling for the surgery there is a backlog!

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up.

The politics of the drug industry..

Here's an interesting article..

<shortened url>

"the way we regulate the production of medicines across the world is still designed to serve the interests of the shareholders of the drug companies – not the health of humanity."

A link at the bottom of the page, just after the article, brings home a few home truths for the meat eaters amongst you..
Read more : The politics of the drug industry.. | Views : 1318 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Notes from CureIous' at Stanford

Just heard from CureIous' good friend Don who tells me that he left Op Prep at 4:30pm the op will be roughly 2hrs and recovery about 3hrs. He will be getting double jugs way up high and another set by the shoulder.
Read more : Notes from CureIous' at Stanford | Views : 58373 | Replies : 345 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Need info on wheelchair battery replacement

Bottom line: I want to know if regular repair shops exist for wheelchairs/batteries. How would I find a local shop? (What do I google for, who do I ask?)
~~~~~
My sister with MS uses an Invacare M50 (or 51) electric wheelchair she got 3 years ago from the same company she always uses, paid 20% and Medicare paid the rest.

Now the battery is dead and since she has switched to a HMO from ...
Read more : Need info on wheelchair battery replacement | Views : 1416 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

hello! minocycline question

Hi,

I haven't posted in a while, but I am still very interested in antibiotics & MS, as well as natural approaches.

I am hoping in the future to see a doctor who will give me Rx for antibiotic regimen, but I know that will involve some planning, work & possibly travel. I am considering starting Minocycline in the meantime.

Thanks,
g.
Read more : hello! minocycline question | Views : 2434 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241218 • Total topics 26395 • Total members 17569

Contact us | Terms of Service