It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:32 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

"60 Minutes" article on potential cancer cure

As a fan of the CBS program, "60 Minutes," I was watching Sunday evening and caught this item: ... tpop_story

It offers hope for a cancer cure. Perhaps this will be our year for one in MS?
Read more : "60 Minutes" article on potential cancer cure | Views : 1353 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

FTY720 Phase 2 extension results

Novartis's FTY720 cuts multiple sclerosis attacks

ZURICH, April 15 (Reuters) - Novartis AG's (NOVN.VX: Quote, Profile, Research) once-daily FTY720 pill reduced the number of attacks suffered by patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) after three years, according to data presented on Tuesday.

Nearly three-quarter of patients taking a 5 milligram dose of FTY720, and 68 percent on a 1.25 mg dose, remained free of attacks after three years, Novartis said in a statement.

"All of the ...
Read more : FTY720 Phase 2 extension results | Views : 1781 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Rituxan Joins List That Fail for Severe Form of MS

Wall Street Journal April 15th 2008 ... TU4Wj.html

Rituxan Joins List of Treatments That Fail for Severe Form of MS

April 15, 2008; Page B9

Rituxan, a top-selling drug from Genentech Inc. and Biogen Idec Inc., failed to slow the course of the most severe form of multiple sclerosis in a large study, the companies said.

The findings make Rituxan at least the sixth ...
Read more : Rituxan Joins List That Fail for Severe Form of MS | Views : 1287 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Phase I/II Data presented at the AAN ... 26680.html

Opexa Therapeutics Presents Tovaxin Phase I/II Data at the American Academy of Neurology 60th Annual Meeting

THE WOODLANDS, Texas — Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPXA), a company involved in the development and commercialization of cell therapies, today announced that Brian Loftus, M.D., of Bellaire Neurology and the Principal Investigator of the Tovaxin Phase I/II studies, presented data titled "Autologous Attenuated T-Cell Vaccine (Tovaxin(R)) Dose Escalation in ...
Read more : Phase I/II Data presented at the AAN | Views : 1938 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Tysabri data at AAN

Some good news on Tysabri - no more PML case identified. ... 3&w=464753

I saw that the share price for Elan and Biogen had gone up today because of the positive data. Maybe it's time for Harry Z to sell his shares in both companies and donate his profit to Lori who is organising a party in Florida.

:) Ian
Read more : Tysabri data at AAN | Views : 1840 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Tysabri $8,913??????

I just had my first Tysabri infusion a few weeks ago and I got a bill from the hospital. They are charging my insurance $8, 841 and they are charging me $415.00. Is this correct? From what I've read the cost is $2,500-$4500, this seems like a lot to charge per month. What are others being charged?
Read more : Tysabri $8,913?????? | Views : 2618 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Rituxan Fails PPMS Trial

Terrible news for those of us suffering from primary progressive. I'm beyond words...
Read more : Rituxan Fails PPMS Trial | Views : 1638 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi. My husband has MS. I just wanted some outside advice from people with MS on what I can do to help him as his wife. Also i am ordering the swank diet book we are gonna try it. So if anyone has feedback on that it would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks so much. :)
Read more : hello | Views : 1570 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Sent my records to JH

Talked to Carrie today, she said she will call me back next week to let me know if I am a good canidate. Carrie said since they are doing this off label they are treating people who they feel will benefit the most.

Waiting is the hardest part. :(
Read more : Sent my records to JH | Views : 1660 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

pretty cool little prose

This is good!

Tequila and Salt

This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror

where one could read it every day.

You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world
that you would die for.

2. At least 15 people in this world
love you in some way.

3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you
is because they want to be just ...
Read more : pretty cool little prose | Views : 2117 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Daily Life

Login  •  Register

Total posts 228547 • Total topics 24183 • Total members 15469

Contact us | Terms of Service