It is currently Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:36 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Accupuncture?

Has anyone tried accupuncture for symptom relief?, like leg pain, spasticity etc.?
Did it work for ya?
Do you have links to documentaion either way?

There's such a wealth of experience on this site..Thanks in advance.
Colleen
Read more : Accupuncture? | Views : 6611 | Replies : 44 | Forum : General Discussion

Well, they all rock!

Not that this is news for any of you who have been out to Hopkins.....but man, they all rock here!

It's been a long day. Everyone was absolutely wonderful....and I'm all ready to go forward. I probably make no sense at the moment - between crying and just being absolutely exhausted all day. LOL

I will be following in the footsteps of several of you here....and I'd like to again thank those of you who ...
Read more : Well, they all rock! | Views : 1730 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

New to Rebif

I just started my Rebif last week. I had shot #3 today. No side effect to speak of except for fatigue.

I was wondering if the side effects get worse when the dose goes up to 22 and 44? I hate that this makes me sit and wait for something to make me sick.

Does anyone take medication for the fatigue and does it help?

I wonder sometimes how I will keep working when this ...
Read more : New to Rebif | Views : 4091 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Rebif

I am new here

Hi all, I am new to this site. I was probable MS for 5 years was DX the end of April after the last 2 MRI's has new lesions. I started Rebif last week and had shot #3 this afternoon. So far no adverse reaction except fatigue that is worse than normal. I look forward to the support this site will give and hope I can be of support to others.
Read more : I am new here | Views : 1312 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Statins

ok just got my result from the dr : cholest=237, tri=546,and hdl=33
Now what? Guess this means another freaking Dr. appointment. Great
Can someone tell me just how bad my levels are. Please
So sick of going to the Dr.
Read more : Statins | Views : 4853 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Statins

Suggestions needed for too much Pain

Hello All,

I am the son of a woman who has a very severe case of MS. She is practically immobile, has no balance, and struggles with almost every physical aspect of her day. But, like many other people with MS she has one of the best attitudes and is a joy to be around (her strength amazes me everyday). For years she has had a burning nerve pain in her right shoulder that comes ...
Read more : Suggestions needed for too much Pain | Views : 1632 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

c-Jun protein

Possible - Regeneration For The Central Nervous System
by multiplesclerosis on Sun 01 Jun 2008 12:00 AM CST
Regenerative Activity In The Peripheral Nervous System Could Mean Regeneration For The Central Nervous System

Researchers at the Peninsula Medical School in the South West of England, University College London, the San Raffaele Scientific Institute in Milan and Cancer Research UK, have for the first time identified a protein that is key to the regeneration of damage ...
Read more : c-Jun protein | Views : 1122 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

I'm here - in Baltimore!

Hello everyone,

Just a little update - I'm here in Baltimore! It's about 4:40pm local time... Got in EARLY this morning on the redeye from California. Too early to check into the hotel....ended up going to the Baltimore Aquarium. However, couldn't stay awake and fell asleep during one of the shows (one where you get wet and poked at!).

At hotel now - waiting for a local friend to come visit for dinner.

Tomorrow (Monday) ...
Read more : I'm here - in Baltimore! | Views : 3370 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Hello everyone

Hello,
I am new here. I will spend hours reading the great posts! I did a search, however, and did not find a response. I am sure its here because it seems a common question.

How do I know what medication I should do? My Neuroligist said to go home and read up on them and pick one. Is this normal? How do I pick one?

I know basics, like how many times a day/week ...
Read more : Hello everyone | Views : 1887 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 230297 • Total topics 24453 • Total members 15699

Contact us | Terms of Service