It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:42 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Interview with Dr. Marcia Angell

Dr. Marcia Angell, senior lecturer at the Harvard Medical School and former editor of The New England Journal of Medicine and author of the book The Truth About The Drug Companies, How They Deceive Us And What To Do About It reviewed on ThisIsMS here, was recently interviewed on NPR's Radio Open Source. You can find a discussion about the interview here and listen to an MP3 recording of the interview here.

NHE
Read more : Interview with Dr. Marcia Angell | Views : 1239 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Autoantibodies as predictors of disease:

I found this when going through "Autoimmunity Reviews" and, although not specific to MS, hopefully it is of interest.
Bob

Autoantibodies as predictors of disease: The clinical and experimental evidence

Nicola BizzaroCorresponding Author Contact Information, a, E-mail The Corresponding Author
aLaboratorio di Patologia Clinica, Ospedale Civile, via Morgagni, 18, 33028 Tolmezzo, Italy

Available online 30 January 2007.

Abstract

Several studies have shown that autoimmune diseases are preceded by a long pre-clinical phase, and that many ...
Read more : Autoantibodies as predictors of disease: | Views : 1234 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Anyone else on FTY720?

Hello
I have been on FTY for 6 months. Have had very good success but one big concern. I am getting these spots on my eyes or floaters. I know i never had them so bad or at all before but my Neuro insists it is irrelevant and nothing to be concerned about. I'm not so sure.
Anyone else on it and noticed anything like this?
Thanks for your thoughts
Travis
Read more : Anyone else on FTY720? | Views : 3390 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

vertigo

Okay, another new symptom has appeared and it is incredibily annoying. I have experienced what I now think is classified as vertigo. I originally described the feeling as "spacey" or the feeling you get with having had one too many glasses of wine without the benefit of having the wine! But I went to the mountains of North Carolina this past weekend and the feeling was much much more pronounced. So then I thought altitude ...
Read more : vertigo | Views : 1463 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Discussion

Lowering Insulin

Here is another article for you, lyndacarol.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medical ... wsid=73284

Medical News Today
Hormone Found In Liver Helps To Induce Ketosis, The Unique Metabolic State Brought About By Low-Carbohydrate Diets
11 Jun 2007

Over the past several years, animal studies have shown that high-fat, low-carbohydrate "ketogenic" diets cause
demonstrable changes in metabolism and subsequent weight loss. Now, researchers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical
Center (BIDMC) have identified a key ...
Read more : Lowering Insulin | Views : 1395 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Detailed Minocycline Research info

See link below. This points to the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF). The link points to Dr. Ian Duncan's Research, however it is buried in the patent application. I was disappointed that someone has already patented this, because it tells me that profit is the motivator? Right? Anyway, good info, even if it is on rats...

<shortened url>
Read more : Detailed Minocycline Research info | Views : 2270 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Testosterone

My physian's assistant suggested that I try it. I'm not sure if she was jocking or not. I'm 45 so I'm starting to notice the thngs that come with middle age males. I told her I was slowly losing the hair on my legs she just fire it out there. I've never had my testosterone level checked so I have no idea what it might be. I've heard horror stories from guys I played football ...
Read more : Testosterone | Views : 2990 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

MS Transmission to spouse

See pubmed link. If I read this right this is saying that there are cases where spouses have given their wife/husband MS. If that is really the case that definitely points to an infectious cause...

<shortened url>
Read more : MS Transmission to spouse | Views : 1127 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221777 • Total topics 23029 • Total members 14553

Contact us | Terms of Service