It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:39 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

probably not new news?

I'm sure I may be the last to have seen this, but at least it is new for me on the Opexa site. Judging by the last paragraph they seem determined to get this to phase 3. I'm not sure how that affects us.
http://www.opexatherapeutics.com/tovaxin.php
Lars
Read more : probably not new news? | Views : 2378 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Any updates?

Any updates/reports from the Campath recipients?
Read more : Any updates? | Views : 1613 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

At Stanford

I arrived after a lovely trip down the coast watching the redwoods etc. IT was nice, it is also very HOT, like 95.. You guys all know what I mean, I wlked into my hotel with the greatst difficulty and my rollator. step by painful nearly tripping step. I was glad to get to our room without breaking my aram again!

We're staying at the Sheraton right across the street. Disabled rooms on the top ...
Read more : At Stanford | Views : 9268 | Replies : 61 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

lhermitte's sign confusion..?

If one were to experience the lhermitte's sign, when they put their head to their chest does it take a few seconds and then you can start feeling it to set in and just becomes more and more intense while the head is to the chest, or, is it just when the head is put down to the chest (OR what ever else sets off the lhermitte's sign) is it just a quick zap like ...
Read more : lhermitte's sign confusion..? | Views : 14844 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

white count 110 and dropping...

I was 210 yesterday (Saturday) and 110 today. Yest's neuts were 168. Didn't stay long enough for today's results (I'll get them tomorrow). Today was a "wasted" trip to IPOP in my opinion and the nurse's, too.

Tomorrow I start the growth factor. I'm nervous b/c apparently now they are using a shot - I don't like shots!!! Last time they just used my hickman line....isn't that the point of having this thing hang out ...
Read more : white count 110 and dropping... | Views : 2001 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

tell me

give me some news abt the stent/ when i was in italy they were trying 2 figure 1 out/ now there seems 2 be 1/ who invented it/ seems like this thing really has wings/ STAY STRONG ALL --PEACE :?: :?: :?:
Read more : tell me | Views : 1636 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Immune system activation in CCSVI

Marie is on the road, and NHE brought up some important points regarding the immune system, autoimmunity in MS, and how this may fit in the model of CCSVI. Here are NHE's thoughts...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-57620.html#57620

I am of the opinion that the immune activation is secondary to venous insufficiency , that it is a response, and the "autoimmune" reaction of MS will be halted once venous insufficiency is corrected. It ...

sorry if this is too rude, it's funny

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS,NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
Read more : sorry if this is too rude, it's funny | Views : 1949 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Humor

weed pollen allergies

I have read in thisisms that during the pollen seasons, a relaspe may occur..

Stinging Nettle and quercetin will help
Read more : weed pollen allergies | Views : 1693 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Natural Approach

too young to retire

I'm a 53 year old male. My GP says I have MS, My Neuro says POSSIBLE MS. I've had all kinds of tests, including 2 MRI's, 3 CT's, multiple blood tests, a VEP test (still waiting for report). I have a 2cm lesion on my brain which was thought to be a tumor (I had a brain biopsy which proved it's a lesion)
I'm wondering if it's my age that makes the Neuro reluctant to ...
Read more : too young to retire | Views : 5246 | Replies : 12 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 238577 • Total topics 25986 • Total members 17250

Contact us | Terms of Service