It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:59 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

CIS and spinal tap and fatigue

Early last year I had 2 events about 1 month apart, each followed by new MS type symptoms. MRIs following each event showed a new lesion in the brain. Almost a year out, the MRIs show no new activity and I haven't experienced new symptoms. A stong course of steroids knocked out most symptoms about half a year ago, though I've had lingering fatigue, which has at times been significant.
2 questions:
1)CIS and testing ...
Read more : CIS and spinal tap and fatigue | Views : 1585 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Revimmune for PPMS?

Hi

It's been a long time since I posted on this forum. I keep a very close eye on everything about Revimmune but could not find anything about this drug for PPMS. Do you think it is an option? Ahh, it would be so nice to have finally something against this form. I know that the current trial accepts PPMS too. But just want to know if someone had it before and saw/sees good results. ...
Read more : Revimmune for PPMS? | Views : 3556 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Looking for new ideas about spasticity

Hi,
My husband has rather bad spastisty in the legs and probably bladder...has issues there anyhow. He does not want to take the Baclofen, because he can't afford to be any weaker or more tired at work...plus he just doesn't like the idea of taking separate pills for everything and having to worry about what's a symptom, what's a side-effect, and what he needs to avoid when taking them...
He is also not interested in ...
Read more : Looking for new ideas about spasticity | Views : 4963 | Replies : 31 | Forum : General Discussion

Mix and match Glucosamine

I now have a stock pile of n-acetyl and a 250 pill bottle glucosamine chondroitin (triple strength 750/600).

I haven't taken the n-acetyl for two days because I'm going to try the off-on method.

This morning I tried a triple strengh chondroitin on a mostly empty stomach and at first I had, what felt like, serious side effects. My entire body was vibrating and every time I started to fall back to sleep I would ...
Read more : Mix and match Glucosamine | Views : 1470 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Natural Approach

Brain says to spine 'heal thyself': study

Here is an interesting article. Happy New Year to all of you!!!!

beyondms

Brain says to spine 'heal thyself': study

by Marlowe Hood1 hour, 29 minutes ago

Tiny nerves crisscrossing the spine can bypass crippling injuries recently written off as irreversible, scientists reported in a study published Monday.

Experiments conducted on mice at the University of California in Los Angeles showed for the first time that the central nervous system can rewire itself to create ...
Read more : Brain says to spine 'heal thyself': study | Views : 1741 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Neuro tomorrow - any advice?

I am seeing a neuro tomorrow for a first appt. I had a v negative experience with one in sept who basically dismissed me cos I was moving towns only a week or so after the appt and he couldn't be bothered.

Since then symptoms have gotten worse and I now have another initial consult in my new town. This time (unlike last) I have written down my symptoms so I don't get flustered.

Is ...
Read more : Neuro tomorrow - any advice? | Views : 1633 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello from France

Hello every body
I hope you will excuse my poor english language...
I just discover your site today
I discovered I have MS six months ago
I use Rebif since october 2007
I have made a blog about MS, it is in French but you can click to translate it
I'll come back to read you more
Pat
Read more : Hello from France | Views : 1707 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Introductions

Thoughts on Placebo effect

Hi, I have been wondering the last week or so regarding the placebo effect. There is lots of material where they talk of the 30% or so of unwarranted improvement people get on sham treatments (ie the placebo arm of studies).

What I have yet to read is about people on the actual treatment who *lose* 30% effectiveness due to the same effect? ie The placebo effect working in reverse. Logically, I would expect it ...
Read more : Thoughts on Placebo effect | Views : 1655 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Avonex while sick?

I know that we have discussed the issue of taking Avonex while being sick in the past. At that time, I had only one prior experience in this area and that was that I had Avonex within roughly 24 hours of feeling a cold start to come on and the Avonex seemed to help such that I did not feel any of my cold symptoms the next day. However, I have recently had a very ...
Read more : Avonex while sick? | Views : 7437 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Avonex

Any fellow cyclobenzapriniacs?

The baclofen by itself, even at 20 milligrams, 3 times a day, did not fully help my abdominal hug.

A couple months ago, the cyclobenzaprine was added to the mix. I have to admit, it helps quite a bit with the abdominal spasm, but woooo boy does that stuff make you tired.

It's a good thing I no longer drive or work. I wouldn't be able to cope, taking this medicine. Not to mention I ...
Read more : Any fellow cyclobenzapriniacs? | Views : 1062 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226265 • Total topics 23797 • Total members 15098

Contact us | Terms of Service