It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:49 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Antispasticity drugs-Zanaflex

Hello dear friends,

I just started taking Zanaflex and I have had a few not so
pleasent (side) effects. I am slowly working up to 12 mg per
day. Can't even imagine what it will be like at that dose level...

Is anyone else on it. What has been your experience?
Is this one of those drugs where eventually the SEs go away?
Up to this point the trade off is not worth it.
Thanks ...
Read more : Antispasticity drugs-Zanaflex | Views : 2897 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Regimens

twitch, tremor, shake and flicker

HEllo to all you out there in the forum.

I have posted some pretty heavy stuff in the past. Possibly this one is less depressing, but somehow I doubt it. Lately I have started having a lot of bizarre symptoms. I get these twitches and tremors that are almost a constant. When I try to flex or contract my muscles I shake pretty badly. I also feel like my whole body, vision, balance, etc is ...
Read more : twitch, tremor, shake and flicker | Views : 2100 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Stem cells from skin cells in mice

Just came across this on the yahoo! website. very encouraging even though there are a few big "ifs" still.

By MALCOLM RITTER, AP Science Writer

NEW YORK - In a leap forward for stem cell research, three independent teams of scientists reported Wednesday that they have produced the equivalent of embryonic stem cells in mice without the controversial destruction of embryos.

They got ordinary skin cells to behave like stem cells. If the same could ...
Read more : Stem cells from skin cells in mice | Views : 1374 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Gene research

Interesting article about research to better understand the genes involved in various diseases. I read elsewhere that the team is also looking at MS and are to report at the end of this year.

Ian

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6724369.stm
Read more : Gene research | Views : 2764 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Black Patent Shoes, Dancing with MS

This is a book written by Eva Marsh, a lady who has recovered from ms through positive thinking and intense physio. She even went back to university and got an engineering degree plus a bachelor's degree.
She is a true inspiration.
Her moto is keep moving. Walk, walk and walk and climb stairs as often as you can, without harming yourself.
She is Canadian so it touched me even more.
The best part is that ...
Read more : Black Patent Shoes, Dancing with MS | Views : 2792 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Reading Nook

Copaxone: Room temp for 1 month!!!

Hi All

This is great news!!

<shortened url>

I happen to be a patient/advocate for Copaxone. I contacted KC this morning. This announcement applies to all of the Copaxone currently out.

Take Care, Bob
Read more : Copaxone: Room temp for 1 month!!! | Views : 2271 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Copaxone

MBP8298

Moving right along...

BioMS Medical initiates enrollment in pivotal U.S. phase III multiple sclerosis trial

Tuesday June 5 -- BioMS Medical today announced that the first patients have been enrolled in MAESTRO-03, its U.S. pivotal phase III clinical trial of MBP8298, a proprietary synthetic peptide for the treatment of multiple sclerosis. The randomized, double-blind study is enrolling approximately 510 secondary progressive MS patients at approximately 60 sites across the U.S. who will be administered either ...
Read more : MBP8298 | Views : 1355 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Phase Zero

This is an interesting clinical trial innovation. I think it does more to help the drug company/developer than it does the patients.

The zero effect - Small quick trials may help shape the development of new drugs.

Nature -- New clinical-trial results offer not just a modicum of hope for some future cancer patients, but also encouragement for those looking at more efficient techniques for developing new drugs.

Yesterday, scientists from the US National Cancer ...
Read more : Phase Zero | Views : 1531 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Nanomedicine to regenerate nerve cells

This doesn't involve stem cells and looks like it could be an interesting alternative...further research required, as always.

Nanomedicine opens the way for nerve cell regeneration

Eurekalert - The ability to regenerate nerve cells in the body could reduce the effects of trauma and disease in a dramatic way. In two presentations at the NSTI Nanotech 2007 Conference, researchers describe the use of nanotechnology to enhance the regeneration of nerve cells. In the first method, ...
Read more : Nanomedicine to regenerate nerve cells | Views : 1031 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams

Here is an interesting article on Acorda:

Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams

By JULIE MORAN ALTERIO
THE JOURNAL NEWS
(Original Publication: June 4, 2007)

For most people, walking is as simple as breathing. You simply look where you want to go and your muscles and nerves seamlessly do the rest.

But what if along the way, some of the signals from your brain to your muscles were lost? Walking would become much harder.

That's ...
Read more : Acorda Therapeutics has big biotech dreams | Views : 1510 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 221693 • Total topics 23016 • Total members 14540

Contact us | Terms of Service