It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Effectiveness of Treatments Survey

Okay - so I know I am new but I stumbled on this website today. Yes it's people's subjective opinions of what is working, what's hurting and what's not but it's still pretty darn informative when there are so many choices same as in MS. So many of the treatments below are MS treatments as well.

Any chance ThisIsMS could do a survey like this?

http://www.autismwebsite.com/ari/treatment/form34q.htm
Read more : Effectiveness of Treatments Survey | Views : 3084 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Suggestions

Message for All Current Tysabri Patients

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I was one of the MS patients that testified (via video) before the FDA AC Hearings on March 7, 2006, in an effort to voice a patient's opinions re: Tysabri and try to bring Tysabri back to those of us who want/need it as an option to fight our disease.

A small group of us formed the all-volunteer non-sponsored website http://www.mspatientsforchoice.org/ that provides accurate and up-to-date information on ...
Read more : Message for All Current Tysabri Patients | Views : 2029 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

THIS IS MS

Hi - This is my first post.

I have been following this website for a month now. Those of you posting on this website ROCK! I love finding a community of people who seem so well educated, proactive and so open to finding an answer to improve their personnel or loved one's lot in life rather than waiting for it to flow off the pen of their doctors.

So - Thanks to everyone on this ...
Read more : THIS IS MS | Views : 993 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Atrophy

Interesting answer about atrophy and axonal damage. Good to hear that research is very active in this area and work underway looking at neuro-protection. Sometimes when I read these sorts of answers, I'm still not clear if it is the myelin which is damaged first and then the axons, or the axons are damaged first resulting in secondary damage to the myelin!

http://www.msanswers.ca/QuestionView.aspx?L=2&QID=249

Ian
Read more : Atrophy | Views : 1531 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

IL 23

Increased IL-23p19 expression in multiple sclerosis lesions and its induction in microglia.

Li Y, Chu N, Hu A, Gran B, Rostami A, Zhang GX.
Department of Neurology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA.

IL-12 has long been considered important in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis. However, evidence from recent studies strongly supports the critical role of IL-12-related proinflammatory cytokine IL-23, but not IL-12, in the development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), an animal model ...
Read more : IL 23 | Views : 1027 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

First MRI on Copaxone

How soon after starting Copaxone should one have an MRI done, given the fact that the drug takes 6 months or so to start working?
Read more : First MRI on Copaxone | Views : 4228 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone

Parkinson's, MS more common than thought

U.S. survey boosts estimates of major neurological diseases
Updated: 11:10 a.m. ET Jan 30, 2007
WASHINGTON - Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and other neurological diseases may be far more common than most people had believed, according to the latest estimates.
Nearly one out of 1,000 Americans has multiple sclerosis or MS and one out of 100 elderly Americans has Parkinson’s disease the survey found.
“Our estimate of MS prevalence is about 50 percent higher than ...
Read more : Parkinson's, MS more common than thought | Views : 849 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

T-0047

Tanabe Resumes MS Drug Study

Japanese pharmaceutical company Tanabe Seiyaku has resumed a phase II trial of its multiple sclerosis treatment after the FDA released its clinical hold on the study.

The drug, T-0047, was placed on clinical hold by the FDA in response to the reports that progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), a rare nerve disorder, was associated with Tysabri. Tysabri is marketed by Biogen Idec and Elan Pharmaceuticals and is a monoclonal antibody ...
Read more : T-0047 | Views : 1176 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Familial influences and MS.

Here is a link to an article I found on, "MedPage Today",

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/M ... is/tb/4953

To be honest, I think they could have saved themselves the trouble and just written, "MS is quite complicated".

Ah well. I suppose even the most fruitless research is worth doing, because the answers we need might turn up in the most unexpected places,

Dom.
Read more : Familial influences and MS. | Views : 927 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Estriol trial

Some news on a phase II trial of estriol in the US. I'm adding it to the pipeline, don't know why I hadn't done that already...

New Trial for MS Drug

January 29, 2007 - The Press-Enterprise - People living with multiple sclerosis have to use injections to help control the disease. The method is the only anti-inflammatory treatment available.

But a new clinical trial, which is seeking participants, may help women with MS get ...
Read more : Estriol trial | Views : 1647 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 218626 • Total topics 22526 • Total members 14172