It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:42 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

MBP8298 trial for RRMS

Another hurdle jumped for MBP8298

BioMS Medical completes patient recruitment in MINDSET-01 phase II relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis trial

May 3 - CNW - BioMS Medical today announced that it has completed patient recruitment in its phase II clinical trial of MBP8298 for the treatment of relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS). The trial, named MINDSET-01, includes approximately 215 patients, and is being conducted at 24 trial sites in six countries across Europe.

"Reaching full recruitment in our relapsing-remitting ...
Read more : MBP8298 trial for RRMS | Views : 1181 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tysabri info presented at AAN

Data Presented at the American Academy of Neurology's Annual Meeting Provide Update on Utilisation and Safety of TYSABRI(R) in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis 03 May 2007

Additional Data From Extension Study Presented Show TYSABRI Benefit is Sustained Over Three Years.

Biogen Idec and Elan Corporation, plc announced today that new data from the TOUCH Prescribing Program(TM) and TYGRIS safety study confirm the safety profile from previous clinical studies of TYSABRI(R) (natalizumab). Also presented at ...
Read more : Tysabri info presented at AAN | Views : 1724 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

Fampridine results

Acorda Therapeutics Presents Data from its Phase 3 Study of Fampridine-SR in Multiple Sclerosis at the American Academy of Neurology Meeting

03 May 2007

Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.® today presented data from a Phase 3 clinical trial of Fampridine-SR in people with multiple sclerosis (MS) at the American Academy of Neurology meeting. Andrew Goodman, M.D., Director of the Multiple Sclerosis Center at the University of Rochester, presented top-line results on walking ability, leg strength, spasticity ...
Read more : Fampridine results | Views : 1401 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

MS simulator machine

<shortened url>
Just maybe of interest to some...
Read more : MS simulator machine | Views : 1365 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Th1 and Th2 responses: what are they?

This paper makes a few oft heard terms a little more understandable. I'm not certain of the exact date but I THINK it's from August 12, 2000.
Bob

Th1 and Th2 responses: what are they?

Abi Berger, science editor.

BMJ

Cytokines are the hormonal messengers responsible for most of the biological effects in the immune system, such as cell mediated immunity and allergic type responses. Although they are numerous, cytokines can be functionally divided into ...
Read more : Th1 and Th2 responses: what are they? | Views : 3166 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

SF1019

Hello all.
I just joined today. I read back and found some things on SF1019. I found a lot of negative. As I read I understood that for the most part people who were commenting were frustrated because of lack of info. I have found that lack of knowledge regarding drug development and how the process works can be confusing and also make persons who are desperate for a cure find fault and look for ...
Read more : SF1019 | Views : 29273 | Replies : 42 | Forum : Aimspro

Campath Phase II results

Here are the Phase II Campath results.

http://www.genzyme.com/corp/investors/G ... 050207.asp

I think they are impressive for those with RR MS (I'm biased because I've seen excellent results following my first infusion last November). And the impressive reduction in relapses is when compared with Rebif.

These sorts of treatments are riskier than the CRAB drugs, but the risks identified to date can be monitored and treated. And you don't see ...
Read more : Campath Phase II results | Views : 3744 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Betaferon and delayed disability

Tuesday - May 1, 2007

First-of-its-Kind Data Show:
Immediate Treatment of Early MS Patients with Betaferon® Significantly Delayed Permanent Disability
Risk to confirmed EDSS progression reduced by 40 percent compared to delayed treatment

Berlin – Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany, announced today new data, which show that immediate initiation of Betaferon® (interferon beta-1b) treatment in patients with a first event suggestive of multiple sclerosis (MS) can significantly reduce the risk of permanent neurological impairment as ...
Read more : Betaferon and delayed disability | Views : 1050 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Alemtuzumab

Hi all,

It is possible to access the abstracts from the AAN meeting...Below is an example of one that I located (I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet...if it has, I apologize ahead of time)...there are more articles on prospective meds as well as a host of other important info...

the link is

http://www.abstracts2view.com/aan2007bo ... 2007-05-01

best,

TOL

Efficacy of Alemtuzumab in Treatment-Naive Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis: ...
Read more : Alemtuzumab | Views : 1242 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Laquinimod trial results

Don't appear that impressive - but it's oral.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j913561424&w=464753
Read more : Laquinimod trial results | Views : 1482 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220836 • Total topics 22887 • Total members 14451

Contact us | Terms of Service