It is currently Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:31 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

for when we feel sorry for ourselves

well i met up for wings and beer with a long lost high school buddy recently. he was telling me how he'd figured out over the years that the seizures he had suffered were due to lack of sleep, and ever since he realized that, he'd been fine without meds, although he'd given up driving.

so, we stayed up til midnight discussing all the events of the last 15 years, then settled up with the ...
Read more : for when we feel sorry for ourselves | Views : 2266 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

Social Security Income and Copaxone

Do any of you know if I'll stop getting copaxone for free if I get SSI? If not, do you know what the copay would be for it?
Read more : Social Security Income and Copaxone | Views : 1050 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

my good news update!

Hi everybody-

I feel terrible for just now posting this, but the doctor told me last friday that everything looked clear and I can take ms off of the table- as soon as I heard that I think I quit thinking about ms totally and felt like a load was taken off of me! My husband asked me last night if I'd posted an update here and I realized I hadn't! I never came back! ...
Read more : my good news update! | Views : 1201 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

4-AP article

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S323780.shtml?cat=300

"It's been 28 years since Chris Nigro was diagnosed with MS. Of the four types of MS, he has secondary progressive -- meaning the condition generally keeps getting worse. She was told there was no treatment, but she never gave up hope of walking.

Then Nigro began treatment at the Multiple Sclerosis Center of Northeastern New York and her condition not only stabilized, but she began to grow stronger thanks to new medications.

Nigro's ...
Read more : 4-AP article | Views : 1522 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Massive tremor and shaking when stretching & yawning.

I have recently been getting massive tremors and shaking when I stretch, or yawn. This is pretty troubling. When I am in bed and I do a little stretch my whole body shakes like a scene from invasion of the body snatchers movie. It also is apparent when I do something as benign as a yawn. What the hay is that? Has anyone else had this, or am I breaking new ground with my bizzare ...
Read more : Massive tremor and shaking when stretching & yawning. | Views : 20523 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Venlafaxine (Effexor) exhibits anti-inflammatory effect

Abstract:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... d=17445357

Department of Neurology, Neuroimmunology, Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf, Germany.
Growing evidence indicates immunoregulatory effects of various antidepressants. Through the interaction of the nervous and immune systems, the norepinephrine-serotonin system was shown to modulate inflammatory CNS diseases. Thus, we examined the norepinephrine-serotonin reuptake inhibitor venlafaxine in an astroglia-microglia co-culture model which allows mimicking of an inflammatory milieu by increasing the cultured microglial fraction. Astrocytic membrane resting ...
Read more : Venlafaxine (Effexor) exhibits anti-inflammatory effect | Views : 1501 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

to watergypsy

Hey, I sent you a messege
Read more : to watergypsy | Views : 992 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

New venture

Interesting combination...

Hadasit, Harvard Medical School in autoimmune venture

The venture looks to research oral delivery of antibodies currently administered intravenously.

Globes - 23 Jan 08 - Hadasit Technology Transfer Company of Hadassah University Hospital Ltd., Harvard Medical School, and its affiliate Brigham and Women’s Hospital have set up a joint scientific venture to develop a new orally administered therapeutic treatment for autoimmune diseases. The parties will own the venture in equal shares. This is ...
Read more : New venture | Views : 1151 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Copaxone long-term study

Now that's some long-term follow up!

Long-term (up to 22 years), open-label,compassionate-use study of glatiramer acetatein relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis.

Mult Scler. 2008 Jan 21
Miller A, Spada V, Beerkircher D, Kreitman RR.
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA.

To evaluate the safety and efficacy of long-term glatiramer acetate (GA) therapy, 46 patients with relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) were treated for up to 22 years in an ongoing, open-label ...
Read more : Copaxone long-term study | Views : 3716 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone

Estriol

I hadn't heard about this...

FDA Launches Misguided Attack on Estriol, Despite Proof it is Safe and Effective for Women, says Dr. Erika

"Why would the FDA try to take estriol off the market when it is not only safe for women in menopause, it may even help women with multiple sclerosis," writes Dr Erika. Maybe it is because the agency is more concerned with protecting Wyeth than it is with protecting women, she says. ...
Read more : Estriol | Views : 4003 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 226685 • Total topics 23876 • Total members 15149

Contact us | Terms of Service