It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Did Anyone Have Toxoplasmosis?

I'm still in the diagnosis phase and testing phase with MRI's ... Cervical MRI found myelin sheath damage and lesions.

Everything my doctor asked me to possibly find an answer on why that might be happening was unexplained. I have not had migraines, head injury, severe infections, etc. etc. that I can think of.

Something I thought of is that I did have TOXOPLASMOSIS when I was in high school. I'm wondering if the disease ...
Read more : Did Anyone Have Toxoplasmosis? | Views : 2494 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Fear, Greed and X-Rays

Fear, Greed and X-Rays

Fear and greed are potent motivators. When both of these forces push in the same direction, virtually no human being can resist. And doctors -- despite many expectations to the contrary -- are human beings.

This is one reason why medical costs in the U.S. have spiraled out of control, yet we are among the least healthy people in the developed world.

On the fear side, consider this email I got ...
Read more : Fear, Greed and X-Rays | Views : 1140 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

My Copaxone has arrived

Hi, My copaxone has arrived today, It will be the first DMD I have taken.
It really brings home the fact that you have MS when the package arrives with all its injections and booklets etc:(
The problem is, I don't know If I have any faith that it will do anything plus I hate injections.
Read more : My Copaxone has arrived | Views : 2017 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Copaxone

Stem cell product from New Zealand? Anyone heard of this?

Hi everyone,

An article in a local women's magazine led me to this link. Does anyone know anything about this treatment?

http://www.adultstemcellfoundation.org/ ... rosis.html
Read more : Stem cell product from New Zealand? Anyone heard of this? | Views : 2908 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Stem Cells

Heard Back from the NIH

Just a quick recap: I've been going down to Bethesda, Maryland to be seen by the doctors and researchers at the NIH, to take part in a "Natural History of MS" study that they're doing. My case is so atypical that they've taken a special interest in it, and have done some additional testing (MRI SPECT, diffusion tensor scans, etc.).

Last Thursday I made my third trip down to the facility, and I had sensory ...
Read more : Heard Back from the NIH | Views : 5561 | Replies : 37 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Crazy?

Started Rebif on April 1st because Copaxone quit working for me. Neuro wanted me to give Rebif a 6-month shot. She said if I didn't tolerate it or if it didn't slow MS progression, she'd switch me to Tysabri.

The first dose was horrid and each since has been more horrid. Spending most days curled up in bed or on sofa due to pain in joints; skin also hurts serverly (back, shoulders, neck &, as ...
Read more : Crazy? | Views : 2404 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Rebif

MS website writer seeks interviewee(s) re: CCSVI

I'm in contact with the woman who writes for this site:

http://www.healthcentral.com/multiple-s ... 30/central

- and she is interested in interviewing someone about CCSVI - she asked me, but since I have not yet been scanned or treated, and I don't feel I am as fluent in the background as some on here, I thought I'd punt ...

So if anyone would be interested, let her (Diane) know at ...

Costs

Gici recently commented that a lot of money will be saved by this treatment if it is shown to be the singular treatment for MS (not yet proven)

I have insurance--a cadillac plan too. I have been on copaxone since it came out. It was originally a shocking 1200 a month. My husband and I at a job change had some scary time worrying about how to get it.

I remain on it though I ...
Read more : Costs | Views : 3267 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

one step closer to repair

August 26, 2009

Now, also moving one step closer to developing a possible therapy for repairing spinal cord injuries, scientists at the University of California San Diego say they have successfully guided regenerating nerve axons to cell targets, where they re-establish connections essential to any recovery.

“With this advance, we've shown it's possible to direct an axon to find the correct target from among potentially millions of incorrect ones in the spine and brain and ...
Read more : one step closer to repair | Views : 1617 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

drug for spms

Peptimmune Completes Phase Ib Study Of PI-2301 In Multiple Sclerosis Patients, And Presentation At ECTRIMS 2009
Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis
Also Included In: Clinical Trials / Drug Trials; Pharma Industry / Biotech Industry
Article Date: 26 Aug 2009 - 1:00 PDT

Peptimmune, Inc., a privately held biotechnology company, announced the completion of a clinical trial to evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of PI-2301 in subjects with Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SP-MS). PI-2301 is ...
Read more : drug for spms | Views : 2047 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242274 • Total topics 26545 • Total members 17725

Contact us | Terms of Service