It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:57 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Tinnitus and CCSVI

I'm curious how many of you suffer from tinnitus ie. ringing in the ears? I most certainly do and it's what lead me to my soft diagnosis of MS. My ENT informed me of the possibilty of ms after a brain mri showed some irregularities about 1 1/2 years ago.

Laying in bed last night I realized that if I squeze my jaw real tight and strain my neck muscles, my tinnitus changes it's pitch. ...
Read more : Tinnitus and CCSVI | Views : 6405 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

depression

I have been on Avonex for 8 years. I started with the powdered form, and had bad side effects. Then they switched us all to the pre-filled form and the side effects were horrible. Chills and shaking that rocked the pictures off the wall, headache, muscle cramps and worst of all - depression. I was approved to switch back to the powdered form, and the side effects are less. However, the depression continues. Sometimes it ...
Read more : depression | Views : 2732 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Avonex

Anyone on "Best Bet Diet"?

Hi
is anyone out there living on the Best Bet diet? - no milk, no dairy, no gluten, no legumes, very low saturated fat?
I am on a modified form of it - I got ELISA food intolerance test done and I showed up as being intolerant of gluten, milk, eggs and slightly intolerant of soy and lentils.
I eat some soy and lentils occasionally. I am also finding I'm "breaking out" from the diet ...
Read more : Anyone on "Best Bet Diet"? | Views : 42095 | Replies : 159 | Forum : Diet

CCSVI and RLS and MS

From the NIH:
Results of the first-ever autopsy study of brains from people with restless legs syndrome (RLS) suggest that the disorder may result from inefficient processing of iron in certain brain cells. The findings provide a possible explanation for this disorder and may lead to new ways of treating the disease.

The researchers found no evidence of lost or damaged cells in the RLS brains. Instead, they found that receptors which help cells absorb ...
Read more : CCSVI and RLS and MS | Views : 3667 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Thank you Jamie and Mel!

Since your post about "What a wonderful trip" keeps getting hijacked, I thought I'd start a new one for you. I realized I hadn't told you how glad I was that Mel's checkup went fine and that you guys deserved a great weekend and I'm so glad it went well for you. PLEASE continue to share your experiences with us. There are so many people who want to know how Mel is doing and you ...
Read more : Thank you Jamie and Mel! | Views : 1899 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

new unamed pill in BBC press release

Any guesses on what this pill is???? Very vague...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 289301.stm
Read more : new unamed pill in BBC press release | Views : 2986 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

I don't know where to post this but here goes. I have a couple of symptoms for years now and went to see a neurologist 2 days ago. He asked me some questions and had me touch my nose while looking straight ahead and some more fun stuff. He then took my reflexes and said my reflexes were over active. The reason I went to see him was because i was referred to him by ...
Read more : Newbie | Views : 3401 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

thoughts please

I am freaking out here guys. My youngest daughter, only 8 years old, is having problems swallowing her food. I took her to the doctor who ordered a swallow study. The radiologist who observed the study stated he saw no problems with the strength of her swallowing. In other words everything looked fine. She has no neurological symptoms but I am still freaking out guys. The pediatrician listened to my concerns and reminded me my ...
Read more : thoughts please | Views : 2491 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

FTY 720 trial PPMS (2009)

Hi,

My name is Astrid and I am from The Netherlands.
My husband (Rob) is diagnosed with PPMS in August 2006.
Since January 2009 het is on the new FTY 720 trial for PPMS.
We are 41 en 45 years old, no kids, own business wich I run on my own now.
Rob is getting worse everyday and we think he has side-effects from the FTY (thinking because in this trail you are not sure ...
Read more : FTY 720 trial PPMS (2009) | Views : 2113 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

NEW, husband has PPMS and is on the FTY 720 trail Phase III

Hi,

My name is Astrid and I am from The Netherlands.
My husband (Rob) is diagnosed with PPMS in August 2006.
Since January 2009 het is on the new FTY 720 trial for PPMS.
We are 41 en 45 years old, no kids, own business witch I run on my own now.
Rob is getting worse everyday and we think he has side-effects from the FTY (thinking because in this trail you are not sure ...
Read more : NEW, husband has PPMS and is on the FTY 720 trail Phase III | Views : 1809 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 244617 • Total topics 26869 • Total members 17932

Contact us | Terms of Service