It is currently Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:43 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

**UPDATE**

I came to the board not long ago. I was in the dumps. Going crazy about this monster called MS and just all over the place.

I found a wonderful group of caring and honest people. You girls and guys.

You have no idea how many of you helped me. More than you know...sp thank you with all my heart for that.

My Update:

Still on Copaxone- Shots still hurt and leave big welts and ...
Read more : **UPDATE** | Views : 1298 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

I am newby....

Hi, my name is Debi. My nickname is Doodle. That is what my mom calls me, lol. I am 31 yrs old.
I was diagnosed with MS like 4 months ago. I think it is stupid. I have had the signs for over 10 yrs. I am currently on Betaseron and it is kicking my butt!!! My doctor is over booked and I have not been able to see him since I started it.
I ...
Read more : I am newby.... | Views : 1158 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Campath research

The Accelerated Cure Project has produced a note on last week's ECTRIMS / ACTRIMS / LACTRIMS MS research conference. Here is the section from the note on Campath (Alemtuzamab).

Satellite Symposium -- Researching the Potential for a New
Treatment Paradigm: Alemtuzumab in MS (Sponsored by Bayer HealthCare and Genzyme) *** (Hollie)

At last year's ECTRIMS, there was a lot of exciting data about
alemtuzumab (Campath). Phase 3 studies are now underway so this was
more ...
Read more : Campath research | Views : 2278 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Naked clowns

I hate nothing more than clowns. But naked clowns raising money for MS is too much. I image that people like Lyon will buy this sort of thing. GWA is the August clown and, I must say, for a woman in her late 50s she looks pretty good. Harry Z is the March clown, but I skipped this page. The best comes at the end - Jimmylegs is the December clown (proving that Pamela Anderson ...
Read more : Naked clowns | Views : 3325 | Replies : 29 | Forum : General Discussion

I can't stop yawning

Over the past week it's been getting worse, I just can't stop yawning. I yawn every minute or so no matter how tired or pumped up I am. I've been doing the magnesium thing but it's just not helping and it's driving me crazy!
Read more : I can't stop yawning | Views : 20837 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Bone density drug causes jaw bone cancer

This is old news to me, but it is another study that merits attention since some doctors do not take this into account when prescribing Fosamax and other bone thinning drugs.

Many of us will develop osteoporosis as a result of taking too many steroids for MS symptoms.

gwa

Is 'Bone Death' Of The Jaw The Next Health Epidemic Facing Seniors?
25 Sep 2008

Despite little publicity surrounding the ailment, seniors may be facing an ...
Read more : Bone density drug causes jaw bone cancer | Views : 1603 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

- 3 Month Post HiCy (Revimmune) MRI results -

- 3 Month Post HiCy (Revimmune) MRI results -

Brain:
Interval improvement with resolution of enhancement in all the previously enhancing lesions in both cerebral hemispheres. The extensive demyelation in the supratentorial brain, pons, cerebellum and brainstem is stable. In fact, all previously enhancing lesions in both cerebral hemispheres no longer demonstrate enhancement.

Cervical Spine:
Stable multifocal cervical cord demyelation and focal cord atrophy at C4. Again, no enhancing lesion is seen.

Thoracic Spine:
Stable ...

6 months after Campath

Today was me & Jessica's 6 month check up. I scored 100% on the PASAT math test, and my vision is still awesome at 20/20 & 20/15.
This is the same as before Campath.
For the other neuro/reflexes, walking, and balance tests, I also scored about the same as before, my EDSS is 2.5
My left side is definately weaker as it always has been.

The EDSS might end up a little higher because I ...
Read more : 6 months after Campath | Views : 2677 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

Macarthur Foundation fellow

One of the winners of a Macarthur grant is doing some interesting work with neural stem cells.

http://www.macfound.org/site/c.lkLXJ8MQKrH/b.4537291/

Sally Temple is a developmental neuroscientist who traces the mechanisms by which embryonic progenitor cells divide into highly specialized neurons and support cells.

Recently, Temple has shown that progenitor cells gradually lose their capacity to divide into cell types that normally form the earliest cortical layers; this effect can be ...
Read more : Macarthur Foundation fellow | Views : 1419 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

MRI'S

Iam sure this topic has been covered many times but I"am courious how offen a nuero will order an MRI for a patient. It has been 3 years for my wife seems like a long time to me. Thanks for any help
Read more : MRI'S | Views : 3064 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233006 • Total topics 24956 • Total members 16094

Contact us | Terms of Service