It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:36 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Google adds and IE7Pro

Arron, I have just installed an add-in to IE7 called IE7Pro. One of the features is an "Ad Blocker". I am worried that it may cut into your impression count and therefore your ad revenue. If I right click and view properties on the blank area where the add should be, I do get a URL back to Google, so it implies they registered the impression.

Any idea?

http://www.ie7pro.com

And as you can see in ...
Read more : Google adds and IE7Pro | Views : 1988 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Site Support

Any good news stories? 20+ years and doing ok?

I was out driving today looking for yard sales, craft shops, antiques, etc. and I ended up in a very rural area at a little consignment shop. While I'm in there a woman comes in and there is a man behind her. I don't notice anything until this woman 'stage whispers' to the woman behind the counter that this guy has ms and his wife has thrown him out of the house. She is trying ...
Read more : Any good news stories? 20+ years and doing ok? | Views : 3496 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello - New PwMS!

Hi all, thought I'd say hi. Was diagnosed in May this year and have had the go ahead for DMDs so am looking around for info on sites and here I am!

Take care, VX
Read more : Hello - New PwMS! | Views : 1227 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Introductions

The Inflammation Cure by William Joel Meggs, MD, PhD

Though I have already mentioned this book, The Inflammation Cure by William Joel Meggs, M.D., Ph.D., it bears my recommendation again here. His comment on page 70 urges me to work harder to resolve my sinusitis:

"The whole system is like a giant feedback loop. The nervous system controls inflammation and can even initiate inflammation without activation of the immune system. The immune system, in turn, communicates with the nervous system through its own chemical ...
Read more : The Inflammation Cure by William Joel Meggs, MD, PhD | Views : 3249 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Reading Nook

Why inflammation goes on too long

The article below is a real tongue twister, but it brings together quite a few things which keep cropping up in relation to MS: TNF-alpha, arachidonic acid, (which is part of the glutamate cascade), the Rho proteins and oxidants. It shows how they work together to prevent white blood cells from clearing away dead cells and thus prolong inflammation. We already know that inflammation can be protective in the short term but is a source ...
Read more : Why inflammation goes on too long | Views : 1492 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Nicotine, but NOT smoking, and health benefits

Over the past decade, new research has taught us more about how nicotine affects the brain and the body. Some of it is good news -- for example, a lower incidence of Alzheimer's disease in smokers. Research has pointed to a compound called acetylcholine as the reason. Nicotine is structurally similar to acetylcholine, a naturally-occurring compound that serves as a neurotransmitter. Nicotine binds to nerve receptors and makes nerve cells fire more frequently. In one ...
Read more : Nicotine, but NOT smoking, and health benefits | Views : 1942 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Social conflict exacerbates an animal model of MS

Trauma Violence Abuse. 2007 Jul;8(3):314-30.

Social conflict exacerbates an animal model of multiple sclerosis.

Meagher MW, Johnson RR, Vichaya EG, Young EE, Lunt S, Welsh CJ.
Texas A&M University, Department of Psychology.

A growing body of evidence suggests that social conflict is associated with inflammatory disease onset and exacerbations in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients and in animal models of MS. This review illustrates how animal research can be used to elucidate the biobehavioral mechanisms underlying ...
Read more : Social conflict exacerbates an animal model of MS | Views : 1145 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

MS T-Shirts

I recently ran across these t-shirts. I'm still undecided as to whether or not they're actually funny...

NHE
Read more : MS T-Shirts | Views : 2799 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Humor

More evidence against calcium

Here's a little bit more evidence pointing at calcium as a real bad guy:

Public release date: 27-Jun-2007

venere@purdue.edu
765-494-4709
Purdue University

'Cars' imaging reveals clues to myelin damage
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Researchers have discovered that calcium ions could play a crucial role in multiple sclerosis by activating enzymes that degrade the fatty sheath that insulates ...
Read more : More evidence against calcium | Views : 2122 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Natural Approach

Dog cancer vaccine could help humans

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6722291

I keep saying.."to live a dog's life!!!"
Read more : Dog cancer vaccine could help humans | Views : 925 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 222235 • Total topics 23080 • Total members 14607

Contact us | Terms of Service