It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:46 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Post brain injury: New nerve cells originate from neural ste

Sometimes I see these articles and think "ok, didn't we know that already? why don't you shoot them into someone's head now!"

Post brain injury: New nerve cells originate from neural stem cells

Most cells in the human brain are not nerve cells, but supporting cells (glial cells). They serve as a framework for nerve cells and play an important role in the wound reaction that occurs with injuries to the brain. However, ...
Read more : Post brain injury: New nerve cells originate from neural ste | Views : 1439 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

LDN and primary progressive MS

Hello everybody !
I'm living in France and I have a primary progressive form of MS.
I would to know if anyboby on this forum has used LDN with a progressive MS.
It's very difficult to get a such information on the french forum.
I already have tried all treatments like betaferon, endoxan and mitoxantrone.
Doctors said me there is nothingelse to try. I think that's wrong and maybe LDN is one good chance.
I'w ...
Read more : LDN and primary progressive MS | Views : 6595 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

phase 3 failure rates

Some interesting information about phase 3 trial failure rates: ... misses.php
Read more : phase 3 failure rates | Views : 1408 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

spotty rash...

Husband is seeing derm. doc on Thursday. He's had a strange, spotty rash on top of both feet, shins since last year's dx, prior to taking any meds or supplements for MS. Looks like purple and brown freckles. His neuro saw them last year and said there was no connection to MS. We've been so focused on helping his MS symptoms and removing basal cells on face and torso, that this rash has continued without ...
Read more : spotty rash... | Views : 3121 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Lost 26lbs

Just don't feel like eating anymore, thought the loss of weight could only make it eaiser to move my legs but it's just as bad as it's ever been.
Read more : Lost 26lbs | Views : 3202 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Exercise and Physical Therapy

More pain

Sorry to be posting more moans / problems.

I saw my GP last week who has prescribed me some painkillers for the pain I was talking about a couple of weeks ago, the painkillers don't make it go away but they do take the edge off!

Last night I started getting a different kind of pain. It started in my middriff / lower chest and was like a squeezing pain that went around my left ...
Read more : More pain | Views : 1452 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Marijuana may block Alzheimer's
They looked closely at brain cell receptors to which cannabinoids bind, allowing their effects to be felt.

They also studied structures called microglia, which activate the brain's immune response.

Microglia collect near the plaque deposits associated with Alzheimer's disease and, when active, cause inflammation.
The researchers found that the presence of amyloid protein in the rats' brains activated immune cells.

However, rats that also received the cannabinoid showed no sign of microglia activation. ...
Read more : Marijuana may block Alzheimer's | Views : 1182 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Flagyl pulse, Day 10 - Antibiotic Protocol Day 886

A few nagging symptoms. A vague feeling of plateau. A general dissatisfaction. All were creeping up the last couple of months and I realized I'd not done a flagyli pulse since Christmas week. My doctor understood and okayed my latest adventure.

Today is day ten of what is planned to be a thirty day flagyl pulse. Thirty days was an arbitrary number, but one I think 'do-able'. My longest thus far was something in the ...
Read more : Flagyl pulse, Day 10 - Antibiotic Protocol Day 886 | Views : 13735 | Replies : 78 | Forum : Antibiotics

Another EBV article

Apologies if this has been posted before - I can't keep track of the huge numbers of EBV / MS research articles. This one is interesting.
Read more : Another EBV article | Views : 1145 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi Guys

I had a look at other topics and wasn't sure where this question belonged - not drug pipeline, not really regimen, possibly daily life...But eventually settled here - hope no-one minds?

Saw my Neuro today and he has changed my Neurontin to Lyrica (for neuropathic pain). I have been on Neurontin for a long time, and now Lyrica, which he says is better, is available in S. Africa (I know it has been ...
Read more : Lyrica | Views : 2430 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Total posts 227660 • Total topics 24035 • Total members 15395

Contact us | Terms of Service