It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:31 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Campath Phase II results

Here are the Phase II Campath results.

http://www.genzyme.com/corp/investors/G ... 050207.asp

I think they are impressive for those with RR MS (I'm biased because I've seen excellent results following my first infusion last November). And the impressive reduction in relapses is when compared with Rebif.

These sorts of treatments are riskier than the CRAB drugs, but the risks identified to date can be monitored and treated. And you don't see ...
Read more : Campath Phase II results | Views : 3742 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Betaferon and delayed disability

Tuesday - May 1, 2007

First-of-its-Kind Data Show:
Immediate Treatment of Early MS Patients with Betaferon® Significantly Delayed Permanent Disability
Risk to confirmed EDSS progression reduced by 40 percent compared to delayed treatment

Berlin – Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany, announced today new data, which show that immediate initiation of Betaferon® (interferon beta-1b) treatment in patients with a first event suggestive of multiple sclerosis (MS) can significantly reduce the risk of permanent neurological impairment as ...
Read more : Betaferon and delayed disability | Views : 1047 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Alemtuzumab

Hi all,

It is possible to access the abstracts from the AAN meeting...Below is an example of one that I located (I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet...if it has, I apologize ahead of time)...there are more articles on prospective meds as well as a host of other important info...

the link is

http://www.abstracts2view.com/aan2007bo ... 2007-05-01

best,

TOL

Efficacy of Alemtuzumab in Treatment-Naive Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis: ...
Read more : Alemtuzumab | Views : 1242 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Laquinimod trial results

Don't appear that impressive - but it's oral.

http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j913561424&w=464753
Read more : Laquinimod trial results | Views : 1481 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Rituxan® Phase II Data in Patients with RRMS

Rituxan® Phase II Data in Patients with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Presented at the American Academy of Neurology

Rituxan® Significantly Reduced Signs Of Disease Activity As Measured By MRI and Relapse

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Genentech, Inc. (NYSE:DNA) and Biogen Idec, Inc. (Nasdaq:BIIB) announced that positive data from a Phase II clinical study of Rituxan® (rituximab) in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) were presented today at the American Academy of Neurology annual meeting held in Boston. Rituxan is ...
Read more : Rituxan® Phase II Data in Patients with RRMS | Views : 1144 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Professor Scolding

Dear all,

Professor Neil Scolding is one of the UK's leading lights in stem cell research for MS (using an individual's own stem cells). There was some talk about him starting some early trials this year and he is being funded by the UK MS Society in this area. Here is an article about his work:

Stem cell treatment may ease MS suffering

Irish Times - May. 01, 2007

The suffering of multiple sclerosis ...
Read more : Professor Scolding | Views : 1883 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Stem Cells

CERE-120 in Parkinson's

I know it doesn't mention MS but I think it's very encouraging that gene therapy is helping a neurdegenerative disease like Parkinson's. It could help us one day too.

Gene Therapy
Ceregene Presents Long Term Follow-Up Data From Phase 1 Trial of CERE-120 Demonstrating Improved Motor Function in Parkinson's Patients

April 30th, 2007

(NewsRx.com) -- Ceregene, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, today presented long term follow-up data from a Phase 1 clinical trial of CERE-120, a ...
Read more : CERE-120 in Parkinson's | Views : 1044 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

4.5mg of LDN

I am on day three of my new LDN regiment/treatment and have been feeling pretty bad.:cry: The symptoms don't seem to be new but they are much more intense. They include sleeplessness, vertigo/dizzyness, heavyness and weakness in my legs, some foggyness and stiffness. I'm not at the point where I can attribute this only to three doses of LDN. There has been a lot ...
Read more : 4.5mg of LDN | Views : 2557 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

ABX treatments and vitamin D

Are those of you on ABX treatments for MS also taking vitamin D?
And, if so, what's been your experience in healing?
Carol
Read more : ABX treatments and vitamin D | Views : 2573 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Antibiotics

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220807 • Total topics 22881 • Total members 14449

Contact us | Terms of Service