It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:56 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

CD34+ versus MSC's (Mesenchymal Stem Cells)

Does anyone know the difference between stem cell procedures that isolate CD34+ cells versus Mesenchymal Stromal Cells (MSC's):
Israel and Costa Rica treatments seem to isolate MSC's whereas the clinic in Germany isolates CD34+ stem cells before placing them back in. It seems like there is positive research and positive anecdotal responses to both. Any information would be helpful.

Also, it seems the MSC's can come from fat/bone marrow/and umbilical cords whereas the CD34+ come ...
Read more : CD34+ versus MSC's (Mesenchymal Stem Cells) | Views : 2339 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Stem Cells

SPMS - What do I do?

I am a 32 year old, female diagnosed 5 days ago w/ Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis.
Dr gave me 4 meds to choose from & told me to talk to my insurance & decide which I would prefer - Avonex, Betaseron, Rebif or Copaxone.
Coincidentally, in checking w Aetna, these are the only 4 MS meds my plan covers. I had decided to go with Copaxone because the minimal side effects.
BUT, this morning I ...
Read more : SPMS - What do I do? | Views : 1633 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Introductions

Comorbidities and key factors that affect quality of life

Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you all about a free educational teleconference on MS which is coming up. The title is "Comorbidities and Key Factors That Affect Quality of Life" and is given by Dr. Alex Rae-Grant from the Cleveland Clinic Neurological Institute Mellen Center for MS Treatment and Research.

This is open to anyone interested in MS news and research - those within the medical community, as well as caregivers and those ...
Read more : Comorbidities and key factors that affect quality of life | Views : 1228 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Dosage?

What is the dosage given of the cyclophosphamide?
I found this article online and was wondering if the dosage is similar.

The objective of this case report is to document the possibility that immunoablative doses of cyclophosphamide may provide a long-term remission of multiple sclerosis (MS). We report the case of a 48-year-old woman with definite MS diagnosed in 1994 who has been in complete remission since a dose of 3800 mg of cyclophosphamide was ...
Read more : Dosage? | Views : 7659 | Replies : 16 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Image in other themes

I have selected another theme, and have the following image as my TIMS Logo. It would be nice to have the old logo back 8)

Code: Select all
http://www.thisisms.com/themes/Traditional/images/logo.gif

instead of:

and so I dont look crazy if it is updated, anyone reading this post, seeing the correct logo...honest, it used to say "PHP-NUKE"...
Read more : Image in other themes | Views : 1452 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Support

Russian Article

I asked Dr Simka if he had seen a Russian article that i had read about and the good doctor got a copy and translated it from Russian. He thought a copy would be helpful so that we can link it for other medical people to the research thread :D . KEEP COMMENTS ON TOPIC. Thanks!

Ogleznev KO, Tsuladze II
Department of Neurosurgery, Moscow, Russia
Diagnosis ...
Read more : Russian Article | Views : 3706 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Randi's Turn

Ok, so it's my turn to pack up and head out for a CCSVI Stanford adventure. Thanks to all who have blazed the trail and shared their experiences. I will post in this thread when I can, and also pass on information to Joan so she can, and to Lew (when I actually see him!).
Read more : Randi's Turn | Views : 6442 | Replies : 42 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Dr Dake and Ins

I am trying to figure out if Dr Dake is on my insurance plan. Where can I get basic information about him so I can figure this out?

Thanks Cat
Read more : Dr Dake and Ins | Views : 2508 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

needed to talk

A few off days and had another fall. Seems my right foot is dropping more and I was wearing flip flops. Guess I'll have to stop wearing. Bear feet are OK so will do. Can feel more when nothing on my feet. Nothing broken, just bruised pride and skinned knee. My husband was near by and got a scare, think worries about the small changes. Nothing big, just more fatigue, more sensitivity, guess more drop ...
Read more : needed to talk | Views : 4760 | Replies : 13 | Forum : MS in the Golden Years

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 240149 • Total topics 26238 • Total members 17480

Contact us | Terms of Service