It is currently Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:22 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Newby says-Name This Tune!

Name This Tune

Hello, I’ve been poking around the forums for a couple of weeks now. Currently I’m considered sub clinical or pre sero something…by one top neuro and no MS by another. That’s the good news. The ‘bad’ news is symptom don’t lie. I’ve had many precursors: Epstein Barr virus/about 20 yrs ago...lasted for over a year. Two separate week long bouts of vertigo. Two yrs ago a five week ‘hug’ couldn’t take a ...
Read more : Newby says-Name This Tune! | Views : 1183 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

SQUALENE

is there anyone who tried Squalene?
Read more : SQUALENE | Views : 2428 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Regimens

creatine and remylination

Does anyone now about some under the radar info and journals done in china about remylination of the spinal cord in animal models with creatine supplementation.

This was from a spinal cord journalin china about 2002 sept:449- 456 university of Zurich
Read more : creatine and remylination | Views : 2934 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Diet

I am home!!

I finally got home Saturday night after 3 weeks away for training with the new job assignment. i am so glad to be home. I did not get to check the forum but a couple of times. I missed you guys so much.

My husband came to Raleigh and stayed with me for a week in the middle of my training and that helps the time go by much faster. My baby kitty Amber doubled ...
Read more : I am home!! | Views : 1428 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Think of all we have to be happy for.

I write this with a heavy heart...in ways. See the biggest proponent for mind over matter, and this treatment has fallen first. Some may be happy I guess lol.

It is official, right off the MRI report:

There are mild changes in the mild cerebral and posterior fossa demyelination. Most predominantly, the left lateral plaque in the splenium is larger and there is a new left frontal enhancing plaque.

So I guess we'll go do ...
Read more : Think of all we have to be happy for. | Views : 2235 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Has anyone heard of or used H.P. Acthar Gel

I'm told it's an injectible steroid used to control exaserbation. Ken
Read more : Has anyone heard of or used H.P. Acthar Gel | Views : 1417 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

4.5 months post HiCy: A TRUE THANKSGIVING STORY

So, I just wanted to update everyone. I actually sent this letter over to my docs at Hopkins.

4.5 month update since treatment:
A TRUE THANKSGIVING STORY!

Well, it has been 4.5 months since I underwent the HiCy treatment….which also means that I have been diagnosed with MS for 10.5 months.

For the first 6 months of 2008, I lived in tremendous pain and with most of my abilities declining on a near-daily basis. ...

new on the site....

hello everyone, i am new here. i have hadms for nearly fifteen years and have been on every approved ms med, save novantrone. ironically enough i am also a physician's assisstant in a neurology office. i rarely share with my patients that i too have ms, but have started to more recently, especially when it is relevant. i still stuggle with when to share and when not to share this information. i would love and ...
Read more : new on the site.... | Views : 1142 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introductions

Inside-out cells offer target for antiviral drugs <:3

Inside-out cells offer target for antiviral drugs

CHICAGO (Reuters) - An experimental drug cured guinea pigs infected with a fatal hemorrhagic fever virus, raising hope for its use in a broad range of viral diseases including influenza, hepatitis C, HIV, Ebola and others, U.S. researchers said on Sunday.

"This is a whole new strategy for making antiviral drugs," said Dr. Philip Thorpe, professor of pharmacology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, ...
Read more : Inside-out cells offer target for antiviral drugs <:3 | Views : 1433 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Its over

I just got a call from my coordinator and Opexa is suspending Tovaxin.
Thats all I know at this point.
Will have to research what my next adventure will be.

Its been a wild ride, for sure!
Read more : Its over | Views : 10791 | Replies : 62 | Forum : Tcelna (Tovaxin)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233931 • Total topics 25126 • Total members 16305

Contact us | Terms of Service