It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:26 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Question

Okay-been thinking about this for a while. The body protects itself in so many ways. After a stroke, for example, blood pressure rises to feed the brain more oxygen. Docs not so long ago fought the higher BP, thinking it was bad, and actually caused less healing.
Is there anything that CCSVI could actually be protecting? I have thought and thought- came up with nada- thought I'd ask.
Read more : Question | Views : 1473 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

third day of campath done. yahoo-eee

ok.. i really don't get how to type in bold here... because it really suits my eyes better. but it just does something weird with parentheses stuff that i don't get.
today was the LONGEST day. finally they got the iv in on the first try, after i suggested using some warming blankets on my arms first(past nursing experience myself...duhhh)
i didn't have much issues today, just extremely tired. i could barely move myself to ...
Read more : third day of campath done. yahoo-eee | Views : 1684 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

LR1234=mri not showing

Read more : LR1234=mri not showing | Views : 1259 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

July 6th, Cali bound!

Hi everyone,

So, I spoke with Dr. Dake and have provisionally agreed to see him on Monday 6th July.

He is a very interesting guy to talk to, very open minded and positive about all this.

He has cleared his summer to accommodate any MS patients who contact him.

Houston has been NASTY with record heat for the past few weeks. Mel has really struggled, finally succumbed to provigil, felt better for a day or ...
Read more : July 6th, Cali bound! | Views : 1847 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Sticky Suggestion

Hi guys,

I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now, trying to educate myself on CCSVI, and trying even harder to locate and keep up with the post-op results of the venous stent insertion patients. Those post-op results are exactly what potential patients and physicians are looking for when considering whether or not to pursue treatment. Unfortunately, they are rather tough to find.

It would be very helpful if each insertion patient ...
Read more : Sticky Suggestion | Views : 1925 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

reading material-calling all elders

I've noticed that the books and articles written for patients with ms say the same things over and over ..
Then I try to read what the neuros are reading and I can't figure out what they are saying, that is if I can get into their websites.
Anyone have any books, websites, that aren't written for village idiots?
I've already been through everything published by the nat ms society. Like I said...its the same ...
Read more : reading material-calling all elders | Views : 1364 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

question

I read revimmune doesnt work with people who dont have any enhancenced lesions. Has anyone recently had this treatment who has not shown enhanancement for years?

My MS has been mild and I have had it for years, but recently I been having new symptoms. Tingling, burning muscle pain, just no energy, so tired I feel like someone gave me a sleeping pill etc...

My last MRI has been stable, like it always has been ...
Read more : question | Views : 4199 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

MS.... MAYBE?

I have had the worst two weeks of my life - PERIOD. I hurt my back roughly two weeks ago after I realized my lower body was getting fairly weak. I went to the gym and did a lot of exercises to strengthen it only to find I had lost a TON of muscle strength in a month. I had been in a car accident three months prior and blamed it on this.

Well my ...
Read more : MS.... MAYBE? | Views : 1358 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

Remyelination

Read more : Remyelination | Views : 1222 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 239252 • Total topics 26102 • Total members 17372

Contact us | Terms of Service