It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:45 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Use of Minocyclin with the Wheldon regime

Hi,

I wanted to ask whether it might be a good idea to use Minocyclin instead of Doxycyclin.

There are some MS studies that show good results using Minocylin maybe due to the fact that Minocyclin has some neuroprotective potential.

Thanks
--Frank
Read more : Use of Minocyclin with the Wheldon regime | Views : 2239 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Antibiotics

Effexor

Hi Everyone!!

My doctor just recommended I try Effexor for my MS pain and migraines. I need some feedback from anyone else that might be using this anti-depressant as a treatment for their MS...symptoms it helps, side effects, etc.

Thanks!!
Read more : Effexor | Views : 2521 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Regimens

Frank ABX diary

Hello everyone,

I'm planing to stop my Tysabri treatment and instead I want to use ABX.

I have been to my pharmacy today and asked about the availability and pricing of the ABX drugs on the protocol.

I was told NAC is the same as AAC which is used to treat bronchitis, is that the right drug ?
I'm afraid I can only get it as a fizzy tablet ( I dont like their taste ...
Read more : Frank ABX diary | Views : 33035 | Replies : 158 | Forum : Antibiotics

New Rules from FDA

This could certainly have an effect on how big pharma conducts its business in the future.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/22/washi ... 0&emc=eta1

Harry
Read more : New Rules from FDA | Views : 1529 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Social Security Disability

I filed for Social Security Disability this morning. I will not hear a decision (yea/nay) for several months.

I haven't worked in seven years and as my MS is progressing (very slowly) it is still progressing.

My husband is wonderfully supportive and has helped me tremendously with all the paperwork.

Niko 8)
Read more : Social Security Disability | Views : 1333 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysabri / Campath

Attached is a presentation by Dr Alasdair Coles (the Dr overseeing the Campath trials - of which I am a participant). He discusses both Tysabri and Campath and the risks / potential benefits.

Ian

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/a_chance_to ... mpath.html

Harry Z - best if you avoided this one as it's about monoclonal anti-bodies!
Read more : Tysabri / Campath | Views : 1940 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Immunocal

I have a coworker whos husband has MS. He has never taken any crab meds just Immunocal. His chief complaint was gait and balane issues which caused him to fall often prior to taking Immunocal.

He had marked improvement with Immunocal. To see if it was the Immunocal or something else he stopped taking Immunocal for a few months. His prior issues returned. He went back on Immunocal and they went away. He has been ...
Read more : Immunocal | Views : 5716 | Replies : 16 | Forum : General Discussion

Estriol gets bigger trial

Public release date: 22-Mar-2007

mwheeler@mednet.ucla.edu
310-794-2265
University of California - Los Angeles
Could estriol be the elixir for MS?
UCLA researcher's promising pilot study moves to widespread clinical trial to thwart multiple sclerosis

It has long been common knowledge that pregnant women with multiple sclerosis (MS) experience a sharp drop in the ...
Read more : Estriol gets bigger trial | Views : 1422 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Mormons and MS...

Pretty vague reference to a 'healthy lifestyle'; I wonder where Alan Osmond went wrong?

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Mormons and MS... | Views : 1495 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Childhood sun exposure

I didn't know Norway bucked the trend:

tinyURL

Dom.
Read more : Childhood sun exposure | Views : 1200 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 220005 • Total topics 22745 • Total members 14351

Contact us | Terms of Service