It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

LadyStewart, Are you at Stanford?

Hello LadyStewart, If you're at Stanford today/this week, I just wanted to wish you well. I thought someone had mentioned you were being tested today, so if you are, I'm thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

3 month post hicy (round 2) update

Hi again everyone,

Well, it is with sadness that I report that things have been on a downslide for the last two weeks. My previous update, I was on top of the world and living without much limitations or restrictions. In the last week or so, I have become symptomatic to a somewhat severe degree.

Tomorrow I will go for my 3 month MRI follow-up and maybe we'll know more - maybe there will be ...
Read more : 3 month post hicy (round 2) update | Views : 5118 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

Axonal regeneration

Good stuff...

Finding the right connection after spinal cord injury

August 2, 2009 -- In a major step in spinal cord injury research, scientists at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine have demonstrated that regenerating axons can be guided to their correct targets and re-form connections after spinal cord injury. Their findings will be published in the advance online edition of the journal Nature Neuroscience on August 2.

In the last few ...
Read more : Axonal regeneration | Views : 1265 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Hi, new attack only 4 months after first attack

Isn't this too soon for another attack? Is something else wrong? My first attack was this past March, 2009. I was on solumedrol infusions for 5 days, got "better", started Rebif. Stopped Rebif within 2 weeks due to massive suicidal thoughts. Didn't want to go back on a medication, but ended up going on Copaxone last month. I realize that Copaxone has not been in my system long enough to be effective yet.

But the ...
Read more : Hi, new attack only 4 months after first attack | Views : 1451 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

ECTRIMS 2009

Hi all

The ECTRIMS 2009 conference is coming up in early September. You can see the titles of the abstracts but not the abstracts themselves by following the "Scientific Program" link.

The Charcot Award Lecture--The pathogenesis of relapsing and remitting multiple sclerosis – versions one to five and counting by J. Prineas (Sydney, AU) should be interesting.

Sharon
Read more : ECTRIMS 2009 | Views : 1189 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

The old cowboy

Old Cowboy

Ya think you have lived to be 70 and know who you are, then along comes someone and blows it all to the dickens...

An old cowboy sat down at the Starbucks and ordered a cup of coffee.
As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him.

She turned to the cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life breaking ...
Read more : The old cowboy | Views : 1434 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

Pain killers, long term opiod use

I know i've taken you guys down this road before, but I have a very specific question.
A doc friend of mine prescribed me some Norco..actually alot of norco, i guess it's also the same as vicodin.
Well, I like it. Alot, it makes me smile.

However, surely 90 tablets is enough to develop an addiction yes? or no.

I do know that it was a very short period of time before I needed to ...
Read more : Pain killers, long term opiod use | Views : 1632 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241182 • Total topics 26391 • Total members 17566

Contact us | Terms of Service