It is currently Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:47 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Hi I'm new and on the undiagnosed roller coaster

Hi There,
I had posted this under the "general discussion" but thought it may be more appropriate here so please excuse me if you have already read this before.
Let me explain a bit about myself. I am a 38 yo man with a loving wife and 2 wonderful children. In 2004 i had a 1 off session. It started with a really strange sensation in my head. What followed was like a seizure (but ...
Read more : Hi I'm new and on the undiagnosed roller coaster | Views : 1712 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Introductions

I think i may have the dreaded MS

Hi There,
Let me explain a bit about myself. I am a 38 yo man with a loving wife and 2 wonderful children. In 2004 i had a 1 off session. It started with a really strange sensation in my head. What followed was like a seizure (but i was aware of what was going on) and then like a stroke. I was unable to lift my legs and my face was paralised down my ...
Read more : I think i may have the dreaded MS | Views : 3115 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Discussion

ABX Log

It seems to me that you are being very sensible in this: like you, my early relapses were few and far apart, but after about twelve years they started to come much more frequently, several a year with not such complete recovery as a new phase in the disease started. DMDs were by this time becoming available in the UK, but I was already too far gone to qualify.

In 2001 I had an enormous ...
Read more : ABX Log | Views : 12312 | Replies : 60 | Forum : Antibiotics

hello and question

Good Morning,
I am brand new to this site. Was diagnosed with ms in october but was sick for about 2 years before they could figure me out. I "present" differently from others with ms. (whatever that means) I go to the ms clinic in Portland but live out in eastern oregon.
I have the strangest symptoms which have gotten bad the last month. All of a sudden my arm starts seizing up and I ...
Read more : hello and question | Views : 1266 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

New from Britain, Diagnosed 5 years.

Have been reading this site, and will continue to do so, really informative. Dx 5 years ago and up until last Saturday worked and limped along ok. Woke up last Saturday and havent really been mobile since, agony to walk and not been to work. Really hoping I can get back to where I was at. My back hurts and I think lugging the dead leg around has taken its toll. I do have an ...
Read more : New from Britain, Diagnosed 5 years. | Views : 1362 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Natural Fever Reducers??

I believe that I have now developed a lovely allergic reaction to Ibuprofen, and Tylenol always makes my heart race, so I was wondering if anyone knew of anything natural that actually worked?? I always take something with my Rebif shot.... not quite wanting to do one without a precaution!

Any ideas would be great!
Read more : Natural Fever Reducers?? | Views : 1616 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Natural Approach

Back to the BBQ......

Here is a washing machine I converted into an open pit style bbq. Yesterday was the trial run, with two slabs of ribs. I like to call it the Maytag BBQ. what do ya'll think?
BTW...Ribs came out excellent, and washed down great with some ice cold adult livations! It was too pretty outside here yesterday not to do something outdoors...

Read more : Back to the BBQ...... | Views : 1508 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Daily Life

introduction HELLO!!

I am a new member. 45 y.o. female, diagnosed in 1990 with RRMS. was on Betaseron shots for 18 yrs. Felt great, then became resistant, put on Tysabri for 1 yr was resistant to it, now I am on Methotrexate. Since I went off the Betaseron now when I have an exacerbation and do a 3 day course of steroids I don't come back to baseline like I did when on I was on it. ...
Read more : introduction HELLO!! | Views : 1265 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

Second Campath infusion

I detailed the experience @ www.myspace.com/chilliwacklove under my blog, it's public so read it if you're interested. The 3rd and final infusion was on Wednesday. Thursday I woke with the rash; and had my mom around all day in case I needed her. Really I just wanted to rest. Today another rash but it didn't return as fierce as usual, 4 hours after the last benadryl. I continue to ...
Read more : Second Campath infusion | Views : 1608 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

new info? or not

I didn't see this posted so.... here it is. Question, how does Rituximab differ from the other monoclonal antibodies such as Campath and Tysabri?
Thanks Lars

Rituximab
Breaking News from Dr. Vollmer

In the development of new therapies for multiple sclerosis, there are occasions in which the results of a study surprise investigators and challenge their long-held beliefs about MS. A recent example is the evolving story concerning the development of a drug called rituximab ...
Read more : new info? or not | Views : 3787 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Rituxan (Rituximab)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 236430 • Total topics 25619 • Total members 16919

Contact us | Terms of Service