It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:30 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Finally in

After what seems like months of waiting for the call and the issues related to my participation in the Tovaxin trial, I finally got the OK from my nearest Campath site. I have been doing the standard paper faxing etc., weighing the pro's and con's (mainly that I don't want to be on Rebif) and trying to make damn sure this is the right avenue. I have to be in Care One which improves my ...
Read more : Finally in | Views : 4001 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)

need a primer on pot

I'm still in the'exploring my options' phase, and I know this topic has been discussed at length in the past, but I never felt the need to pay attention before.
I started Neurontin on the 15th to help with intractable pain, it's not helping, and it's scary.
Without actually saying the word, the Doc suggested I try 'natures secret' for spasticity and pain relief.
This is truly comical. I tried pot in my teens, and ...
Read more : need a primer on pot | Views : 3440 | Replies : 29 | Forum : Natural Approach

Taking it to the max - an Exoskeleton, strange but true.

When I first saw this I thought it was a practical joke, but apparently not. The future is now 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&hl=en-GB&v=EdK2y3lphmE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4MUa7T_V6c

and they are looking for capital if you want to get in on the ground floor.
http://www.berkeleybionics.com/Unrestricted/MedicalExoskeletons.html
Read more : Taking it to the max - an Exoskeleton, strange but true. | Views : 2163 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Medical Devices

Hello all!

I have been visiting this site for a few months, so I thought I should join and introduce myself! I am recently diagnosed as of December, from some ON and facial numbness. Started Rebif, but am really interested in the drugs that are being developed and researched. You will find me to be very optimistic and willing to fight for all it takes.
Read more : Hello all! | Views : 1131 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Introductions

My MRI Results

Well my MRI guy and myself sat there with our mouths hanging open.

No New Lesions, No Active Lesions, and had a hell of a time even finding some of the older ones.

So it looks like I popped off one little lesion which has healed, and a large number of them healed, or are still healing.

Thank God for Revimmune.
Read more : My MRI Results | Views : 1928 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

British petition for LDN

This was on an LDN site. It is a petition for British citizens to sign to get their Government to fund a trial of LDN on the NHS. I thought I would post this here for any British citizens who may like to do this.
Lori

"Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) is a drug that is credited with helping those with HIV/AIDS, cancer, autoimmune diseases, and central nervous system disorders (including MS) by boosting the immune ...
Read more : British petition for LDN | Views : 2546 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Low Dose Naltrexone

Emerging Therapies..will not unseat current drugs

A report from a market research organisation based on surveys of neurologists on what will be most successful MS drugs through to 2017

http://www.decisionresources.com/press_ ... _04_09.htm

"Although Tysabri is disadvantaged by its rare incidence of life-threatening side effects, we do not expect any therapy in development for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis to displace it as the clinical gold standard," said Decision Resources Analyst Bethany Kiernan, Ph.D. "While some therapies in ...
Read more : Emerging Therapies..will not unseat current drugs | Views : 1981 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

it's official...

Jeff's having an exacerbation. Off to the neuro tomorrow to hopefully start a course of steroids. He's been hobbling around on a numb left foot this week...hoping it would go away on it's own. It hasn't.

Two years with no flare was a good run...so yeah, I'm back :oops:

The two similarities from his first flare are February and too much work stress and sleep disturbance. Anyone ...
Read more : it's official... | Views : 2918 | Replies : 22 | Forum : General Discussion

JH's Clinical trial

Does anyone know the status of Hopkins' clinical trial for HiCy? It was my understanding that they were going to start a phase III trial of it some time early this year (as opposed to doing it off-label, as they did before). Are they currently recruiting, or do they have enough volunteers who tried to get it off-label? I haven't seen or read anything about it lately.
Read more : JH's Clinical trial | Views : 1667 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Revimmune (cyclophosphamide or cytoxan)

video blog

love to put a face with the members. talk about anything other than worms .
Read more : video blog | Views : 2975 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Suggestions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 235172 • Total topics 25382 • Total members 16588

Contact us | Terms of Service