It is currently Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:26 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Reg-T-cells may not be the culprit

Regulatory immune cells may not be defective in Multiple Sclerosis
05 September 2008

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic inflammatory disease that causes neurodegeneration, resulting in numerous physical and mental disabilities. It is thought to be caused by out of control immune cells that attack the proteins that make up the protective sheath in which nerve cells are encased.

In addition, it has been reported that a subset of immune cells known as Tregs ...
Read more : Reg-T-cells may not be the culprit | Views : 1349 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

MS is not an auto immune disease?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/120204.php

Alright! Alright! Enough already.

I am NOT a troll. I'm just to thick-headed to understand this jargon filled article.

Thanks.
Read more : MS is not an auto immune disease? | Views : 1415 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Tysarbi put on FDA list for possible skin melanoma

http://tinyurl.com/5py4qy

Potential Signals of Serious Risks/New Safety Information Identified by the Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) January - March 2008

Natalizumab (Tysabri) Skin melanomas

This is the list released today for drugs with potential problems.

gwa
Read more : Tysarbi put on FDA list for possible skin melanoma | Views : 1385 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Tysarbi put on FDA list for possible skin melanoma

http://tinyurl.com/5py4qy

Potential Signals of Serious Risks/New Safety Information Identified by the Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) January - March 2008

Natalizumab (Tysabri) Skin melanomas
Read more : Tysarbi put on FDA list for possible skin melanoma | Views : 1475 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

some interesting research

Here are links to a couple of interesting findings that could have implications for MS:

Do 68 molecules hold the key to understanding disease?
Why is it that the origins of many serious diseases remain a mystery? In considering that question, a scientist at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine has come up with a unified molecular view of the indivisible unit of life, the cell, which may provide an answer.
Read more : some interesting research | Views : 1189 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

any advice?

Have you ever had a touchless fingers/palm? Does anything help?
Read more : any advice? | Views : 1666 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Steve's Updated Regimen

It's been a long time since posting here on Steve's treatment regimen. Steve has secondary progressive MS, and after he got worse on Rebif, we looked for a different direction in treatment. I found the Vanderbilt long term combined antibiotic protocol for the treatment of chronic Chlamydia pneumoniae infection, Steve tested positive for chronic infection, and he has been taking antibiotics ever since. Very early this year, we learned that Steve also has Lyme Disease ...
Read more : Steve's Updated Regimen | Views : 2253 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Regimens

stem cell drug hopes

Stem Cell Drug Hopes
Posted on: Wednesday, 3 September 2008, 18:00 CDT

SCIENTISTS have designed stem cell tools to aid the development of drugs to fight brain disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

The breakthrough was announced today by a team of scientists from Durham University and the North East England Stem Cell Institute (NESCI).

They have developed and tested two synthetic molecules which can be used to coax stem cells into transforming into other forms ...
Read more : stem cell drug hopes | Views : 1528 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Stem Cells

Sunny Hallo from South Africa

Hi there everyone!

Glad to have found this site... Good to know there are others out there going through the same thing :D as I feel that this is a very peronal disease. I am 28, diagnosed a year ago. I have about 15 lesions but I am fine. Nothing hectic wrong with me, I only suffer from vertigo qiote regularly.

I am using avonex and ...
Read more : Sunny Hallo from South Africa | Views : 1320 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Introductions

New day New surprise.

Another new symptom today. Lump in the throat. I'll head downstairs in a minute to take mag. I wanted to read here first. I've been careless about taking the supplements lately.
I've added quite a few new symptoms in the last few months. Double vision (gone for now), itchy-pin-pricks, butt cramps (not nice to wake up to, but gone for now), and now the lump in my throat. When you add these to the issues ...
Read more : New day New surprise. | Views : 2739 | Replies : 21 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232544 • Total topics 24872 • Total members 16026

Contact us | Terms of Service