It is currently Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:10 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Emerging therapies

A 20 min video on emerging therapies.

I'm too busy to watch it, but I think of all those single people with MS in cold climates with nothing else to do.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/582729

PS I'm a big US fan (holiday destination, muscle cars etc), but one export I cannot forgive is your wretched trick or treat which kids here now embrace. I've opened the door six times this evening and ...
Read more : Emerging therapies | Views : 2112 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

I got a JOB!!

Tomorrow is my last day on my current assignment. I have been really bummed about it. I got a call today from the company I have been contracting with and the offered me a new position and the best part is I will be working from home. YEAH!!!

I have to go to Raleigh NC for 3 weeks training for the new position. BOO!! (leaving Sunday) But i need the job and the benefits so ...
Read more : I got a JOB!! | Views : 2564 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General Discussion

Zonulin, BBB, Coeliac disease and MS....

As a coeliac MS'er I noticed the following interesting story in this weeks' paper:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/hea ... 07758.html

Tracked down this older article too that mentions MS, BBB permeability and zonulin
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 804100.php

Any of you brianiac MS'er out there can tie this in to the recent discussions about vascular health or the like? :wink:
Read more : Zonulin, BBB, Coeliac disease and MS.... | Views : 5352 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

new PML case

"..."Since the last two cases were disclosed we've had about 3,000 patients on the drug -- about 1,000 a month ... I think every case that comes along next will have minimal impact as long as that rate stays about 1 in 1,000," said Cowen & Co analyst Eric Schmidt..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsN ... 029?rpc=44

This ist just sad....
Read more : new PML case | Views : 5107 | Replies : 26 | Forum : Tysabri (Antegren or Natalizumab)

another herb to strengthen the vasculature

This herb is Chuanxiong. From Wikipedia:
Ligusticum wallichii is a flowering plant in the carrot family best known for its use in traditional Chinese medicine where it is considered one of the 50 fundamental herbs. It is known by the common names chuānxiōng (川芎) and Szechuan lovage. Biologically active compounds in the plant include tetramethylpyrazine. It is native to India and Nepal.

and from pubmed:
1: Microvasc Res. 2002 Mar;63(2):218-26. Links
Studies on single-cell adhesion ...
Read more : another herb to strengthen the vasculature | Views : 1912 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Ethanol and the vasculature

I'm afraid to note that in my experience and from research on pubmed, it seems very likely that over-indulgence with alcohol will negatively impact the vasculature by causing excessive endothelin 1 reactivity.
1: J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006 Aug;318(2):819-27. Epub 2006 May 1. Links
Ethanol consumption enhances endothelin-1-induced contraction in the isolated rat carotid.Tirapelli CR, Casolari DA, Montezano AC, Yogi A, Tostes RC, Legros E, D'Orléans-Juste P, Lanchote VL, Uyemura SA, de Oliveira AM.
Department ...
Read more : Ethanol and the vasculature | Views : 1298 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Leaving a Job???

Would you leave a job, that is recession proof(I live in US) , for a job that may not be recession proof and pays over double what you currently make?
Read more : Leaving a Job??? | Views : 1813 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

MN-166 Data

I found this on the ECTRIMS website. Not sure if it has already been posted:

Cyclops

Clinical effect of the neuroprotectant MN-166 in relapsing multiple sclerosis: year 2 data
R. Gammans1; F. Barkhof2; J. Drulovic3
1. Development, MediciNova, San Diego, CA, USA.
2. VUMC, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
3. Institue of Neurology, Belgrade, Serbia.

MN-166 (ibudilast) is an orally administered small molecule with neuroprotectant and anti-inflammatory properties. In year 1 of this 2-year study (Drulovic et al., ...
Read more : MN-166 Data | Views : 1868 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

Imuran anyone

I searched the forums a bit, but too many off topic hits. Is anyone on Imuran for MS. My ahole neuro gave me an Rx for that crap like passing out M&Ms on Halloween. I am skeptical of the immunosurpressant. I got a jar in my Rx graveyard though.
Read more : Imuran anyone | Views : 1278 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 233427 • Total topics 25045 • Total members 16205

Contact us | Terms of Service