It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:36 am

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

ECTRIMS 2009

Hi all

The ECTRIMS 2009 conference is coming up in early September. You can see the titles of the abstracts but not the abstracts themselves by following the "Scientific Program" link.

The Charcot Award Lecture--The pathogenesis of relapsing and remitting multiple sclerosis – versions one to five and counting by J. Prineas (Sydney, AU) should be interesting.

Sharon
Read more : ECTRIMS 2009 | Views : 1189 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Discussion

The old cowboy

Old Cowboy

Ya think you have lived to be 70 and know who you are, then along comes someone and blows it all to the dickens...

An old cowboy sat down at the Starbucks and ordered a cup of coffee.
As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him.

She turned to the cowboy and asked, 'Are you a real cowboy?'

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life breaking ...
Read more : The old cowboy | Views : 1434 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Humor

Pain killers, long term opiod use

I know i've taken you guys down this road before, but I have a very specific question.
A doc friend of mine prescribed me some Norco..actually alot of norco, i guess it's also the same as vicodin.
Well, I like it. Alot, it makes me smile.

However, surely 90 tablets is enough to develop an addiction yes? or no.

I do know that it was a very short period of time before I needed to ...
Read more : Pain killers, long term opiod use | Views : 1632 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Reminder

I just want to remind all that according to Zamboni's preliminary findings that having the CCSVI intervention improvement varies in time.

Go to page 75 stating recovery can take 4days to 4 months and further down the page was a Z test stating lower limb recovery as much as 6 months. and also mostly RRMS

We are not a patient society. We take pills for instant headache relief...microwave a potato so it will cook in ...
Read more : Reminder | Views : 1682 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

GP or Neuro?

I'm wondering who would be the likely choice to help me with symptom management. My GP is WAY more accessible and nearby but would he know enough about MS to help me? I'm not on any medication besides Rebif and ibuprofen but if there's something out there that could help with nerve pain, I'd like to try it, I'm just not sure which doc to talk to. My neuro would definitely understand the pain but ...
Read more : GP or Neuro? | Views : 2194 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Am i having a relapse

Hi all, :?:
Though, nothing can be said new symptoms, i am feeling the pre-existing
symptoms in a much seviour way.So much so ,that walking seems like ckimbing a 100 ft long staigt rock.The weekness at the loin has increased manyfold,getting up from bed or sofa is very difficult.These are the symptoms i was experiancing in 2006.

My present regimen:
1.IMURAN (Deisease Modifying drug)
2.Methylpredisolon
along with ...
Read more : Am i having a relapse | Views : 1993 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Post Hypoxic Demyelination

Another proposed mechanism of how CCSVI creates those many scars. Post hypoxic (after a lack of oxygen to the brain) demyelination-

Here's a study of a man involved in a bad auto accident. He had massive blood loss, and his brain was deprived of oxygen for a while. He develops demyelinated lesions in his brain and has an overactive bladder.

Unlike previous reports of hypoxic-ischemic demyelination, our patient lacked any cortical abnormalities, presumably due to ...
Read more : Post Hypoxic Demyelination | Views : 7261 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Ernst...have you got any help in Finland

Was just wondering if you have spoken to your doctors and if they were going to help your wife do any testing? My husband was tested with a doppler in Paris, but we haven't gotten any further yet.

Copaxone for SPMS?

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone else heard the Copaxone was useful in treating Secondary Progrssve MS. I was at a dinner a couple of weeks ago, and I could've sworn that I heard the speaker, (a neurologist from Mpls), mention that Copaxone was now being used for SPMS.

I, unfortunately, was involved in the Dirucotide Phase III trial which means I had to stop all medications, (Copaxone and steroids), in February of last ...
Read more : Copaxone for SPMS? | Views : 1988 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Copaxone

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 241191 • Total topics 26394 • Total members 17566

Contact us | Terms of Service