It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:36 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Talking points for dubious docs (and others!)

This has gotten some good response on the Facebook CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis page, and I wanted to share it here (seems apropos!)

When bringing CCSVI research to your neurologist or physician, be prepared for the following comments:
(remember, your responses are given with a smile....no need for hostility. We want to get more doctors to look into the research.)

1. You can't believe everything you read on the internet!
A. The research has been ...

Sexual dysfunction

It's been an extremely difficult and emotional 1st yr of marriage for me and my wife. This is probably one of the most difficult issues for us to tackle. I have extreme difficulty achieving orgasm, and it is sometimes difficult to maintain an erection. This leaves my wife feeling inadequate and unattractive, despite my reassurances to her. How do I convince my wife that sexual intimacy is still pleasurable, satisfying and necessary despite my inabilities. ...
Read more : Sexual dysfunction | Views : 2625 | Replies : 14 | Forum : General Discussion

CCSVI facts from my point of view

1) Most neuros are not even interested in this theory. People on this site claim the reason is because neuros are "indebted to drug companies" or they " are stuck on old ways of thinking". This may be true of some neuros but common sense tells us this is not true of most of them. They do not believe in this theory because their years of experience and knowledge tells them it is Bolonga, I ...
Read more : CCSVI facts from my point of view | Views : 3146 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Discussion

ff

:lol: :)
Read more : ff | Views : 1862 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Discussion

Your EDSS?

Hi Everyone :D I have been comparing my EDSS with other fellow MS'ers. Can you share your EDSS or a loved one's EDSS with us? :D
Read more : Your EDSS? | Views : 1986 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Discussion

Vasoconstriction

Normally, I don't have much spasticity in my legs. But if I get very stressed (like at the dentist getting a cavity filled, or watching a really scary movie), or if I get real cold real fast, my right leg gets so stiff I can barely work it. As soon as I become less stressed, or I get out of the cold, the spasticity quickly dissipates.

Since CCSVI made the scene, I've come to think ...
Read more : Vasoconstriction | Views : 1913 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Arm falling asleep at night - MS?

I'm recently diagnosed and lately my arms have been "falling asleep" frequently during the night. Sometimes it happens when I sleep with them under my pillow (although I've always slept like this and it's never bothered me before, I just seem more sensitive to the pressure now) but sometimes it happens when I'm on my back and they're just at my sides. It wakes me up in a panic because I'm afraid of it being ...
Read more : Arm falling asleep at night - MS? | Views : 20781 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Discussion

Hello, WOW What a great board--now convince my wife

Hi, everyone. I stumbled upon this board and for the first time in years I actually am getting excited about the possibility of some improvement in my wife's MS. She was diagnosed in 2005 with relapsing remitting MS, multiple lesions and lumbar puncture confirmed the neuro's diag. Her original symptoms were blurry vision in the right eye which occured when overheated or stressed out and numbness on the left thigh. Her condition got worse over ...

Response of Italian MS Society

translated by google from original Italian-
http://www.aism.it/index.aspx?codpage=n ... 9_09_ccsvi

my notes are in parenthesis-

Cerebrospinal chronic venous insufficiency (CCSVI) and multiple sclerosis
18/09/2009

The cause or rather the causes of MS are still largely unknown, but research has made great strides to clarify the way the disease works and thus make possible an early diagnosis and treatment to enable people with MS to maintain a good quality of life. ...
Read more : Response of Italian MS Society | Views : 8942 | Replies : 59 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Read more : 123 | Views : 1428 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 243366 • Total topics 26753 • Total members 17866

Contact us | Terms of Service