It is currently Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:53 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

Weight Gain on Copaxone?

Anyone experience this. I had it with Betaseron and I think on this drug too. Is this common? Im newly diagnosed since the start of 2008. I'm working out daily, swimming and all. Its just coming out of nowhere and I eat good, nothing bad that would cause weight gain.

Anyone experience this? I refuse to pack on pounds for the sake of these drugs...if I should become imobile later on, that weight will be ...
Read more : Weight Gain on Copaxone? | Views : 16412 | Replies : 19 | Forum : Copaxone

cool song

When I listen to this one it reminds me of me and my wife. I tought some of you aspiring artists might enjoy covering this song, late

Yeah, thats you HS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ_3bYXA ... re=related
Read more : cool song | Views : 1721 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Daily Life

"Roquin" Gene, and its relation to AI conditions

Saw a program on TV about it, and found this on the web site.

For the intro video

Her story details

And the MS bit
Research projects in Vinuesa’s group
Elucidating the role of the autoimmune modulator Roquin and TFH cells in the prevention of Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: D. Silva, Joseph Ng, C. Vinuesa.
While mice with dysfunctional Roquin develop autoimmune diseases including diabetes, they are protected against experimental autoimmune encephalitis (EAE), a mouse model of ...
Read more : "Roquin" Gene, and its relation to AI conditions | Views : 2889 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Gene Therapy

Uninsured and Unsure

Suggestions
Read more : Uninsured and Unsure | Views : 1895 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Discussion

New to Board and on Copaxone

Hello Everyone
Newly diagnosed with MS RRMS as of Feb 2008 2 lesions seens on MRI and positive for Onco Bands on the Spinal Tap.
Started Betaseron but became very ill. Not to mention the side affects of feeling like I had the flu everyday of my life, weight gain and more Toughed out the drug until June 12 when I stopped on my own. I simply could not take the side affects.

Met with ...
Read more : New to Board and on Copaxone | Views : 1917 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Copaxone

Five month update, shamless self promotion, and a question?

Well yesterday marked the five month date of my first Campath infusion. I wish I had more to report about how I feel, but it changes from day to day. I definitely feel the long term effects of the treatment. My hair has not recovered from the infusion. It used to be very healthy and shiny where as now it is dry and dull. My skin was never quiet the same. I am always dehydrated, ...

trapped

wife and i are pretty much done and without her i just don't know. i just need to be on my own or kill myself one or the other. it will be better for her, she can still have a life where mine is finished other than breathing. who knows it might all work out or it has to.i feel so trapped because of not being able to do anything other than roll around in ...
Read more : trapped | Views : 1629 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Daily Life

Provigil for fatigue

Has anyone had their insurance refuse to pay for Provigil?

Mine has and Dr is calling to try to get them to pay.

CF
Read more : Provigil for fatigue | Views : 2234 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Discussion

Neuro is reducing my Rebif to 22mcg

Went back to the DR for my 3 month visit after starting Rebif. Told him all my new MS symptoms and about my fever and sweating. He decided to reduce my rebif shot to 22 mcg for the next 30 days to see if anything changes.

He put me on Mobic prior to my shots for the fever, a round of Prednisone for my other MS symptoms (I don't do well on steroids) and Provigil ...
Read more : Neuro is reducing my Rebif to 22mcg | Views : 2961 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Rebif

Hiring a maid

I am thinking about hiring a maid to come in every two weeks or so.

My husband does most of the day-to-day stuff like laundry, dishes and cat litter, but I'm ashamed to say things such as vacuuming, floor washing, the bathtub and the fridge will often go uncleaned for weeks or even months. I can't keep up anymore and looking at the mess just makes me feel depressed, embarrassed and inadequate. I can't even ...
Read more : Hiring a maid | Views : 1588 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 232032 • Total topics 24784 • Total members 15949

Contact us | Terms of Service