It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:28 pm

News News of ThisIsMS

Site map of ThisIsMS » Forum : ThisIsMS

Welcome to the world's leading forum on Multiple Sclerosis research, support, and knowledge. For over 10 years, This is MS has provided an unbiased community dedicated to Multiple Sclerosis patients, caregivers, and affected loved ones.

fampridine reveiw by the FDA

Acorda Therapeutics Reports Date Of FDA Advisory Committee Review Of Fampridine-SR For Improvement Of Walking Ability In People With MS
Main Category: Multiple Sclerosis
Also Included In: Regulatory Affairs / Drug Approvals
Article Date: 26 Aug 2009 - 6:00 PDT

email to a friend printer friendly view / write opinions rate article
Ads by Google
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MS Stem Cell Therapy
Medical treatment is now available for MS with your own stem cells.
Read more : fampridine reveiw by the FDA | Views : 1141 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

diabetes drug(warning mice on board)

National MS Society-Funded Study Shows Diabetes Drug Improves Mice with MS-Like Disease

Researchers funded in part by the National MS Society reported that metformin, an oral drug used to treat diabetes, improved MS-like disease in mice. Narender Nath, PhD (Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston) Shailendra Giri, PhD (Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN) and colleagues report this study in The Journal of Immunology (2009 Jun 15;182:8005-14). Dr. Giri was funded by Society research grants.

Background: In ...
Read more : diabetes drug(warning mice on board) | Views : 1506 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Drug Pipeline

another study on the effects of smoking

Aug 27, 2009

New Study Associates Smoking with Tissue Damage in People with MS

In a further confirmation of the negative impacts of cigarette smoking by people who have multiple sclerosis, researchers recently reported finding links between smoking and brain tissue damage observed on MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans of 368 people with MS. Robert Zivadinov, MD, PhD, and Murali Ramanathan, PhD (State University of New York, Buffalo) and colleagues report their findings in Neurology ...
Read more : another study on the effects of smoking | Views : 1167 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

bladder frequency, help!

What do you guys do for bladder frequency? I'm going crazy with 2/ hour trips to the bathroom. I don't believe it is an infection (although, I sent a sample to the lab anyway). Thanks! Indigo
Read more : bladder frequency, help! | Views : 1734 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Discussion

Head Chills?

Do those of you with MS get head chills? Just like a regular chill except on your head only. It's the weirdest thing..

I haven't been diagnosed with MS but occasionally I have twitches here and there on my body and lately I've been getting these weird head twitches.
Read more : Head Chills? | Views : 1272 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Discussion

Confused !!! your advise plz....

Hi group members,
This is my second post on this subject after ( AM I HAVING A RELAPS ?).I am confused and seek ur advise/suggestions .My neuro gave me PREDMET (Meythileprednisolon) Tabs 16*2 mg for five days ,8*3 mg for next five 8*2 for next five days and 8 mg to be continued. The first two days I felt very good there was a improvement in my walking, the legs seems to obeying the command ...
Read more : Confused !!! your advise plz.... | Views : 1345 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Discussion

Co-workers wife had the tests with Dake yesterday......

Bi-lateral IJV occlusion.

Bi-lateral stents inserted to restore blood flow, surgery today.

She had very similar symptoms to Mel lets hope she gets the same results!

First MRI Showed Lesion on my Brain STem

My first MRI did show lesions on my brain stem. Does this mean I have MS?
Read more : First MRI Showed Lesion on my Brain STem | Views : 1915 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Discussion

Viruses

Please forgive me for being so medically and scientifically dense but I have a question and I know all of you are way more intelligent than I. I'm trying to get up the courage to enter the dating world again but it occurs to me that people can be carriers of many different viruses that they aren't even aware they have. As someone with MS ,which as I understand it means I have an overactive ...
Read more : Viruses | Views : 1312 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Discussion

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 242275 • Total topics 26545 • Total members 17725

Contact us | Terms of Service